Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Fish_Eye

Arrow Southeast Corner of Block Revealed - New Video

Hi Folks,

This video is nothing fancy, but if you've ever spent some quality along this stretch of shoreline, you know just how special it is.

I took six different photos and stitched them together into one massive panoramic view of BI's SE corner, but in order to really reveal the minute detail I had to animate it in After Effects and then compress the giant file down to a size YouTube would accept.

If you've fished here before...I hope this brings back fond memories.

If you're heading there for the first time, consider this the Laptew version of Google's street view...only for anglers.

Get out there and catch 'em up! Your thoughts and feedback on this little production are greatly appreciated.

A Surfcaster’s Tour of Block Island’s Southeast Corner | Laptew Productions

Fish_Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
pbadad

By day it looks foreign. great pixs. Looks like a calm surf.

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
tysdad115

Awesome shot Mike. I haven't been out there yet..definitely on the to do list.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Mr. Sandman

Nice clip Mike! A special place in my heart. Just a few weeks back I took my boat to BI for a few days of R&R with my wife. One overcast day we rode the Dahon bikes out to Snake hole and walked down to the beach. The sound on that beach of the heavy rocks moving under the crashing waves is ingrained in my soul and triggered vivid thoughts of trips past. In heavy seas you have to shout just to be heard by a person standing 3' from you. It is unreal. Spent the rest of the afternoon walking around that point and coves to the east. I remember running into TC several times down there in the midle of the night, I know it was one of his special places he liked to fish. The entire day we saw one other person (at a distance). While the shoreline has changed over the years, it still looks pretty much the same as it did in the early 70's and 80's. I don't think there is better bassing looking water than the S side of BI anyplace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hydro1 025.jpg (147.2 KB, 31 views)
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote