Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-17-2022, 04:58 PM   #31
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
3/14/2022

Amazon will move 1,800 workers from downtown Seattle offices because of rampant crime in woke bastion where City Council has cut police budget by $36million since 2019
This is what happens when you let people use their EBT’s to purchase Lattes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-18-2022, 05:06 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
3/14/2022

Amazon will move 1,800 workers from downtown Seattle offices because of rampant crime in woke bastion where City Council has cut police budget by $36million since 2019
You could move to Seattle and vote them out, contribute to their opposition or just use it to reinforce your narrative.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-18-2022, 05:33 AM   #33
Rmarsh

article in a Prague newspaper......with which i completely agree.

"The danger to America is not Joe Biden, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Biden presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Biden, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Biden, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
Old 03-18-2022, 05:48 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You could move to Seattle and vote them out, contribute to their opposition or just use it to reinforce your narrative.
he’s using an actual factual event to support his argument. you should
try it sometime.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:21 AM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post

"The danger to America is not Joe Biden, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Biden presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Biden, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Biden, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
Why do conservatives cheer foreign articles. That are Fake .

Who’s the Fool?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN28W1SO
Old 03-18-2022, 08:04 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Who’s the Fool?

we should rely, like you do, on “real” newspapers like the new york times, who now admit Hunter Biden’s laptop is authentic, when during the election they said it was “Russian disinformation.”
Old 03-18-2022, 08:41 AM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post

Same claim, new person to blame
While the most recent circulation of the quote targets Biden supporters, the quote has been making its way through the internet since at least 2010, replacing Biden with other American presidents, including Barack Obama and Donald Trump. Obama appears to be the earliest and most common subject of the quote.

It's not limited to American politicians, either. The quote was also used around the world targeting political figures including former President Jacob Zuma in South Africa, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in Canada, former President Noynoy Aquino in the Philippines and former Prime Minister John Key in New Zealand.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-18-2022, 09:12 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Here are things that are true:

1) There is ABUNDANT public evidence that a good number of Trump associates, INCLUDING Trump, are being investigated.

2) It is a good thing that an already existing investigation into the son of the most powerful person in the country can continue w/o interference--it's what we wanted, but were deprived of, with Kushner and Don Jr and Trump and Stone and Rudy and Manafort.

3) We should be pursuing sleazy influence peddling in both parties.

Please, someone, give Lanny Davis the same scrutiny we want Paul Manafort to get!!

4) EVEN GLENN GREENWALD admitted that the back story to the Hunter Biden laptop story didn't hold together, especially given the involvement of suspected RU agent dangle Rudy G, and DOJ was already investigating anyway. It was ALL about distracting you pre-trial.

5) There is zero evidence that David Weiss is conducting himself with the recklessness, the sloppiness, and the fundamental preference for Russian hackers over Hillary Clinton (or Joe Biden) that John Durham is investigating with.

6) Investigations do not always result in prosecutions, and often there are good reasons for it.

With Bill Barr, there were terrible reasons for it.

But there's no reason to believe DOJ is not pursuing what it can as aggressively as possible.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-18-2022, 09:21 AM   #39
PaulS

Quote:

Who’s the Fool?

Quote:
Same claim, new person to blame
While the most recent circulation of the quote targets Biden supporters, the quote has been making its way through the internet since at least 2010, replacing Biden with other American presidents, including Barack Obama and Donald Trump. Obama appears to be the earliest and most common subject of the quote.

It's not limited to American politicians, either. The quote was also used around the world targeting political figures including former President Jacob Zuma in South Africa, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in Canada, former President Noynoy Aquino in the Philippines and former Prime Minister John Key in New Zealand.
I guess we know who the fool is.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess we know who the fool is.
except none of the previous presidents saw this kind of surge in oil, inflation, crime, illegal border crossings at the same time.

there’s a reason why his approval ratings are where they are.

the quote is uniquely suited to this presidency.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:19 AM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
except none of the previous presidents saw this kind of surge in oil, inflation, crime, illegal border crossings at the same time.

there’s a reason why his approval ratings are where they are.

the quote is uniquely suited to this presidency.
Yawn
Old 03-18-2022, 10:28 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yawn
great comeback, paul.

you can’t just admit some things haven’t gone optimally.

you guys might not be yawning in the fall. long ways off though, time for a few successes to help them in the midterms.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:38 AM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
great comeback, paul.

you guys might not be yawning in the fall. long ways off though, time for a few successes to help them in the midterms.
I think 81 Million Americans thought that statement was far more applicable to the last guy

You and the media are the ones who think perfection is required

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-18-2022, 10:50 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think 81 Million Americans thought that statement was far more applicable to the last guy

You and the media are the ones who think perfection is required
nope. last guys accomplishments were way superior. which is why a record number of americans said they were better off under the last guy.

if the last guy runs again in 2024, democrats are in good shape. If not, the democrats are in serious trouble.

what plays well in san francisco doesnt olay well in NC and OH. i don’t get why democrats can’t grasp that.

a normal, moderate democrat would be very tough in a general
election. but such a democrat can’t win the primary. same is sort of tru within the gop but not to that degree. Trump was not a radical conservative.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:54 AM   #45
Rmarsh

Quote:

Who’s the Fool?

According to the "election results"...there are 81 million fools. Take your pick.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:01 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
nope. last guys accomplishments were way superior. which is why a record number of americans said they were better off under the last guy.

if the last guy runs again in 2024, democrats are in good shape. If not, the democrats are in serious trouble.

what plays well in san francisco doesnt olay well in NC and OH. i don’t get why democrats can’t grasp that.

a normal, moderate democrat would be very tough in a general
election. but such a democrat can’t win the primary. same is sort of tru within the gop but not to that degree. Trump was not a radical conservative.
Oh, the sole poll

Sorry, Americans did not pick the loser when it counted.

America & the entire free world are fortunate that Joe Biden, and not Donald Trump, is President right now.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-18-2022, 11:16 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh, the sole poll

Sorry, Americans did not pick the loser when it counted.

America & the entire free world are fortunate that Joe Biden, and not Donald Trump, is President right now.
show me a poll that shows that america didn’t like trumps policy accomplishments. normally his crushing defeat at re election would indicate that. but his election rout was also likely a rejection of his infinite personal moral lapses.

his policies are popular. all polling suggests that. not one poll.

anyway, we’ll see in november, won’t we. I’m looking forward to it. You?
Old 03-18-2022, 11:47 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:

except for the inconvenient fact that putin didn’t invade until after trump was out and biden was in.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:53 AM   #49
PaulS

Quote:
great comeback, paul.

Why do I need a comeback? You mean go back and forth with you for hours?
Old 03-18-2022, 05:46 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
except for the inconvenient fact that putin didn’t invade until after trump was out and biden was in.
Fact is, Putin hasn’t changed. He first invaded Ukraine in 2014, which Trump claimed the people of Crimea somehow welcomed. He poisoned Navalny while Trump was president. He twice interfered in US elections in which Trump was a candidate. SolarWinds hack was on his watch as well
But you just keep on believing

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-18-2022, 06:49 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Fact is, Putin hasn’t changed. He first invaded Ukraine in 2014, which Trump claimed the people of Crimea somehow welcomed. He poisoned Navalny while Trump was president. He twice interfered in US elections in which Trump was a candidate. SolarWinds hack was on his watch as well
But you just keep on believing
but did he invade when trump
was potus?
Old 03-18-2022, 06:57 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

If the early reports on the meeting between Biden and Xi are accurate - it’s pretty clear the US has strengthened its position as the dominant global power.

Never would’ve happened under Trump. Never.
Old 03-19-2022, 01:01 AM   #53
scottw

Quote:
If the early reports on the meeting between Biden and Xi are accurate - it’s pretty clear the US has strengthened its position as the dominant global power.

Never would’ve happened under Trump. Never.
the early reports would be from biden inc. and biden effs up everything he touches and then they lie about it, I have no doubt he will continue in his uncanny ability to screw stuff up,,,,