Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 01-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
jklett
Primate

Needles and Swimmers

I finished some needles that have been sitting waiting for paint for about a year. For some reason I was having trouble with my airbrush spitting with the black when trying to fog the eyes so I got mad and painted those ones all black(seem to be a lot of them). There was some tearout but the fish won't care and these ones have just the tips of the nose out of the water and the rest sitting almost straight down without the hooks. I figure they should barely sink with hooks on them.

I also have two different shapes I'm messing with for danny type swimmers. I'll probably have to play with the weighting some before I get them how I want so I didn't pretty these ones up too much. They're E-texed, but no grommets and plenty of grain showing through. They are both 6" and weigh somewhere about 2 1/2 oz without hooks. I gotta get a working scale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0626.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	13634   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0625.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	13635  
jklett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #2
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklett
For some reason I was having trouble with my airbrush spitting with the black when trying to fog the eyes so I got mad and painted those ones all black(seem to be a lot of them).
Been there, done that, and again and again. I like both swimmers. One looks like a classic danny shape, the other (top) looks like a Musso swimmer shape. Should be interesting to compare. I suspect the fish will like both.
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
FlukinUki

Nice needles and dannys
FlukinUki is offline   Reply With Quote