Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
tobias

Was out on a charter on Sunday and had a slow morning looking for tuna but was distracted for about an hour with acres and acres of bass. After we got our fill on bass, we headed out again looking for tuna. We ended up finding them but only had a chance at them for about 5 minutes before the fish sounded and were gone. We casted at them, through them but no touch. I was shaking with excitement til we hit the docks. This was my first experience tuna fishing and have caught the bug. Already trying to figure out when I can get out again. Heard from our captain that some large fish were hooked the past few days and a 90+" fish was lost at the boat.
tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #32
fish4striper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias View Post
Was out on a charter on Sunday and had a slow morning looking for tuna but was distracted for about an hour with acres and acres of bass. After we got our fill on bass, we headed out again looking for tuna. We ended up finding them but only had a chance at them for about 5 minutes before the fish sounded and were gone. We casted at them, through them but no touch. I was shaking with excitement til we hit the docks. This was my first experience tuna fishing and have caught the bug. Already trying to figure out when I can get out again. Heard from our captain that some large fish were hooked the past few days and a 90+" fish was lost at the boat.
sounds like you're hooked! Here's the big fish lost:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/14dN-lDePWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by fish4striper; 06-09-2011 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: embedding
fish4striper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #33
tobias

We were fishing with captain Rich who is one of the guys fighting the fish in that video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4striper View Post
sounds like you're hooked! Here's the big fish lost:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/14dN-lDePWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #34
FISHING_FOOL

I hear there are no tuna around.............
FISHING_FOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #35
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHING_FOOL View Post
I hear there are no tuna around.............
confirmed no Tuna
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote