Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 03-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #31
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamblue30 View Post
Can your 21 footer carry the fuel to the Flemish Cap. I know you will go if it can
Do you just want to get "to"? Or would like like to get back?

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #32
striperman36
Old Guy

If ICCAT through we won't be fishing for tuna neither
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #33
chathamblue30
chathamblue30

Keaperreaper will have the 1st fish of the year June 2 8:15 am
chathamblue30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #34
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperreaper View Post
Those Mirage's ride like nothing else and boy are they amazing in big nasties. You could not have picked a better well made boat. When the boat is ready and finished I'm sure you'll be thoroughly satisfied. What do you have for powerplants?
Thanks for the vote of confidence. You know I think the company made a big mistake the way they marketed these boats. They have only made like 75 of them and out of that, only a handful with the pilothouse. Most were the center console version to Florida guys. If they made a few small hull changes and improved the fit and finish just a little more, I think they could of had a major machine in the Northeast and Northwest. This year they re-designed the entire boat it but it is now an entirely different beast...comes with a cabin and fly bridge and twin volvo IPS drives...nice but I am sure it will be pushing 300K+ new. To me the walk around feature is key! They never marketed the boat up north, the furthest this boat was ever shown was Annapolis and it was a big hit but they never followed up on it. This has northeast fishermen written all over it IMO.

I have a single volvo KAD300. (the newer ones have the D6) The boat hull is cored and is fairly light. about 6000# bare hull dry weight. Fully loaded with the trailer it is pushing 11500. The amazing thing about this boat with the single screw it gets 3.5 mpg @ 30 mph. This is better than my 23' seacraft with a single 4 stroke. Moreover with 240 gal of fuel we are talking a range of 700+ miles. When it gets really rough you can't push it 30 mph without taking a beating but it can take more than you can. I like the bow flair, it is an amazingly dry boat, one of the driest boats I've been on. The newer ones have the D6 375Hp model and they cruise at 34 and get as good economy. I have been to the canyons in one a few times...once was a 3 day trip and when we got back to the dock we still had a 1/2 a tank of fuel, I thought his gauge was broken!
You can get it with twins but the economy goes down quite a bit, it is still good but not great...more like 2.0 mpg and it will hit 45 on wot. I didn't need the top speed I need range and fuel economy and something that can take sting out of the bad weather. (I got heat and AC now!) And it sleeps 4 with a head/shower. It is tight but to camp out over night at cuttyhunk, Montauk, Ptown or Nantucket is going to be great.

I am sure our paths will cross this summer somewhere between Crab ledge and the Regal Sword this year. Give me a shout if you see me..the name of the boat is NOMAD

Cover is off and work is progressing.

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 03-26-2010 at 11:45 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #35
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

gimme some skin.....

Can't wait to admire these fish on deck again......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 017.jpg (218.1 KB, 20 views)

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote