Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #31
wdmso

Trump outbid governors on coronavirus supplies after telling them to buy their own

https://fortune.com/2020/03/19/coron...supplies-fema/
Old 03-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #32
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I feel like they would all be embarrassed by your decision to take your stand on a fishing website. Grow a pair for goodness sakes. This whining accomplishes absolutely nothing. Does your first responder son realize this is how you are helping him! Shame on you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'd respond if it warranted it.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:19 PM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Try to not watch to much reporting other than local, but OMG I couldn’t believe Trumps response to a reporter asking what he would like to say to millions of Americans who might be frightened. No be diligent, try to stay calm, practice social distancing, watch out for your family and friends, no reassurance nothing; just calls the reporter a nasty reporter and goes on a rant. Clown yes, leader no!
Old 03-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #34
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Try to not watch to much reporting other than local, but OMG I couldn’t believe Trumps response to a reporter asking what he would like to say to millions of Americans who might be frightened. No be diligent, try to stay calm, practice social distancing, watch out for your family and friends, no reassurance nothing; just calls the reporter a nasty reporter and goes on a rant. Clown yes, leader no!
If that is what you expect from this president at this moment then it says a lot about you. Do you want him to hold your hand as you cross the street,also?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-20-2020, 06:19 PM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If that is what you expect from this president at this moment then it says a lot about you. Do you want him to hold your hand as you cross the street,also?
Are you really are serious? If so i guess based on your posting history I shouldn’t be surprised and no my lifestyle really hasn’t changed, it’s one of the benefits of being retired. So no I don’t need and I certainly don’t expect empathy from this administration but there is a large part of this country looking to this president for reassurance and a truthful accounting for where we are. He had the opportunity to reach out to that part of the country listening for something other than the usual and he feel flat on his orange face. Go google the news clip from today’s briefing which I assume it’s from and then tell me your happy with the way he handled the question. It wasn’t like the reporter was trying to put him on the spot about the lack of testing, the shortages of masks or ventilators, he just asked what the president wanted to say to those Americans who are fearful, a true leader would have seen that as a great opportunity, instead this clown attacks the reporter and shows his true character; as have you by your defense.

Carry on and know that your best president of our lifetime can’t handle and apparently it’s all because of the Obama administration.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 03-20-2020 at 06:41 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 07:49 PM   #36
spence

Quote:
Are you really are serious? If so i guess based on your posting history I shouldn’t be surprised and no my lifestyle really hasn’t changed, it’s one of the benefits of being retired. So no I don’t need and I certainly don’t expect empathy from this administration but there is a large part of this country looking to this president for reassurance and a truthful accounting for where we are. He had the opportunity to reach out to that part of the country listening for something other than the usual and he feel flat on his orange face. Go google the news clip from today’s briefing which I assume it’s from and then tell me your happy with the way he handled the question. It wasn’t like the reporter was trying to put him on the spot about the lack of testing, the shortages of masks or ventilators, he just asked what the president wanted to say to those Americans who are fearful, a true leader would have seen that as a great opportunity, instead this clown attacks the reporter and shows his true character; as have you by your defense.

Carry on and know that your best president of our lifetime can’t handle and apparently it’s all because of the Obama administration.
I think what he’s saying is that if by now you’re expecting a minimum viable amount of leadership, competency, empathy, transparency or civility you haven’t been paying attention.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:07 PM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think what he’s saying is that if by now you’re expecting a minimum viable amount of leadership, competency, empathy, transparency or civility you haven’t been paying attention.
Governor Cuomo disagrees with you and the other petulant snowflakes here who can't get off their bellies kicking and screaming....
Old 03-21-2020, 07:03 AM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Governor Cuomo disagrees with you and the other petulant snowflakes here who can't get off their bellies kicking and screaming....
You guys love using Cuomos stroking Trump to get what he needs as validation of Trump Leadership. If comical you think he actually means it
Old 03-21-2020, 07:06 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Rep Omar as well. But they're just Trumplicans.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:06 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You guys love using Cuomos stroking Trump to get what he needs as validation of Trump Leadership. If comical you think he actually means it
pretty sure I've never used Cuomo's name before for anything
Old 03-21-2020, 07:07 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
oh you can read minds now.

Why is Omar also praising him?
Old 03-21-2020, 07:15 AM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You must listen more clearly to Cuomo, because he is actually saying what we have been complaining about, that while he is happy the feds have “FINALLY” got it and are stepping up; we are several weeks if not more behind. Everyone is glad to see the feds finally step it up and the government nation wide shut down I suspect is coming today, is also too little to late. Spring breakers in FL are in for a shock when it’s shut down and they are forced to become responsible adults and take this seriously.

Late on acceptance, late on testing, late on mitigation, late on ramping up needed supplies, irresponsible messaging, his 2020 run is going to be run on what?
Old 03-21-2020, 07:21 AM   #43
scottw

Quote:
You must listen more clearly to Cuomo
I listened to an entire interview with him yesterday....

and yes you are mindlessly and endlessly complaining....
Old 03-21-2020, 07:24 AM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I apologize for mindlessly and endlessly defending the most inept and corrupt president of our lifetime....
Fixed
Old 03-21-2020, 07:40 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:
Fixed
childish...even for this group
Old 03-21-2020, 07:48 AM   #46
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
childish...even for this group
That’s funny, you and SD have a corner on childish
Old 03-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #47
scottw

Quote:
That’s funny, you and SD have a corner on childish
we are the adults mocking you for your daily tantrums...that's all...you can get back on the floor and continue kicking your feet and screaming now...hopefully wear yourself out for nappy time
Old 03-21-2020, 08:49 AM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Thanks for proving my point
Old 03-21-2020, 12:07 PM   #49
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
oh you can read minds now.

Why is Omar also praising him?
Same reason ..Trumps that shallow. Say nice things about him whether you. Think its true or not ..and he responds like pavlov's Dog

Its not rocket science or mind reading its Trump 101
Old 03-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Same reason ..Trumps that shallow. Say nice things about him whether you. Think its true or not ..and he responds like pavlov's Dog

Its not rocket science or mind reading its Trump 101
show us some
evidence, any evidence, that Omar’s district is disproportionately getting relief from the feds?
Old 03-21-2020, 04:02 PM   #51
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
show us some
evidence, any evidence, that Omar’s district is disproportionately getting relief from the feds?
She made a single tweet praising Trump for something he never even followed through on Jim.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:14 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Intel reports from January and February — along with aides — warned about a pandemic spreading in China and moving into other countries.

Asked why he praised China's response and "transparency" on Jan. 24, Trump* says today, "Because it's true." Reminded he's now saying China wasn't transparent about the virus, he says, "They were transparent at that time."

Trump*: "I have great respect for that country...for the leader of that country (China), and like him. He's a friend of mine. But I wish they...would have told us earlier..."

Trump*: "China has worked very hard." He adds, "China's not a beneficiary here. China has lost thousands thousands of people. China has gone through hell over this...I just wish they could've told us earlier."

China went public on Dec 31 when they had 27 cases of a strange viral pneumonia. It was in every newspaper.

2 months later Trump* said of our 70 cases "like the flu, it'll disappear"

He had been told that was incorrect and chose not to listen nor lead.

What would you call a person who would choose to trust the information given him by a foreign power over that presented by our own intelligence agencies?

The result of his administration's inaction.

South Korea and US both had first coronavirus case on same day: Jan 20.
Difference: South Korea govt responded with mass testing, tracking and quarantines.
Trump admin failed to do mass testing then.
Result: South Korea has 8,799 cases w/ 104 dead. US 23,847 cases w/ 278 dead+rising

"I don't take responsibility at all"

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-21-2020, 07:14 PM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"I don't take responsibility at all"
That out of context comment referred to the delay in testing kits which was due to FDA regulations created by the previous administration which had to be revised. Dr. Fauci cofirmed that's was the case and the reason for the delay.

Really slimy of you to just insert it out of context and in context of other matters to make it seem Trump took no responsibility for anything. You're as bad as fake media.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:18 PM   #54
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That out of context comment referred to the delay in testing kits which was due to FDA regulations created by the previous administration which had to be revised. Dr. Fauci cofirmed that's was the case and the reason for the delay.
Whif.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #55
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Whif.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...fault-n2565112
Old 03-21-2020, 10:23 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Really slimy of you to just insert it out of context and in context of other matters to make it seem Trump took no responsibility for anything. You're as bad as fake media.
It's really slimy that Trump* tried to make someone else responsible for his inaction and he claimed to take no responsibility at all. Pandemics have been one of the most significant national security issues since the Bush administration.
As originally outlined by President Bush in 2006, the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Implementation Plan established three goals for the U.S. government during a pandemic.
First, stopping, slowing, or limiting the spread of a pandemic to the United States.
Second, limiting the domestic spread of a pandemic to mitigate disease, suffering and death.
Third, sustaining infrastructure and mitigating impact to the economy and society.
H1N1 provided a valuable “test run” for the government’s response to a pandemic. They learned valuable lessons about what worked, what failed miserably, and what would have worked better with just a few improvements.

Dr. Fauci is stifling himself in order to save many lives from the actions of the malignant narcissist holding the office of President.
The other choice is to leave and let whatever unqualified yes man the fool finds to take his place. Probably could get Dr. Bornstein or Ronny Jackson, or maybe just use his stable genius to come up with a new medicine.

South Korea had the first case the same day as the USA.
Trump*ignored the information he was given in intelligence briefings because he was flattered by Xi Jinping and thought his good friend would never mislead him. He is the biggest danger to national security in this country.

By March 14th the democratic republic of South Korea had tested 274,500 people for free.

We had tested 14,000 for a cost of 1-3K each until a couple of days ago.

That was not due to a failure of leadership years ago, but the failure of this administration.

He had no issue with declaring an emergency over "caravans" but stuck his head in the sand on this because it might upset the market.
That worked well, didn't it?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-21-2020, 11:51 PM   #57
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our generation
Old 03-22-2020, 05:57 AM   #58
wdmso

And a majority of Republicans — 54% — now say the response to the coronavirus is overblown

Who did they get that idea From??
Old 03-22-2020, 06:21 AM   #59
scottw

Quote:

pick me...pick me!.......ummmm ..."faux news"?
Old 03-22-2020, 07:05 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
And a majority of Republicans — 54% — now say the response to the coronavirus is overblown

conservatives are more likely to oppose the idea of the state telling us that we can’t leave our house or go visit friends in assisted living facilities.

i have no problem whatsoever with it, but i know a lot of smart people
who think the government response is waaaay too much. I think they’re wrong. They think they’re right. We are allowed to respectfully disagree, at least on our side.

Stay safe at work. I imagine social
distancing isn’t easy at your job. Be careful.