Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #61
scottw

I thought New York was a red state with lots of smart people....
Old 03-22-2020, 07:35 AM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He is clearly the greatest president of our generation
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sometimes a picture, or in this case a graph says it better, if he were his messaging would be completely different; history will not be kind to this president.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1806.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	66981  
Old 03-22-2020, 07:41 AM   #63
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

history will not be kind to this president.
you should stop trying to predict history....
Old 03-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #64
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Your behavior is so predictable, I only wish I could buy stock in what you and SD post, it's just more of the same. How about taking a different approach, tell me where any of the messaging shown in that graph was appropriate, especially for the "greatest president of our lifetime" (saved you typing it SD).
Old 03-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #65
scottw

Quote:
Your behavior is so predictable, I only wish I could buy stock in what you and SD post, it's just more of the same. How about taking a different approach, tell me where any of the messaging shown in that graph was appropriate, especially for the "greatest president of our lifetime" (saved you typing it SD).
petulant little graph....I don't watch much tv but I did catch a minute of whatever morning show was on ABC this morning...the woman interviewing the guest appeared to be on the verge of a breakdown as she asked her foolish questions...we need more of that
Old 03-22-2020, 08:37 AM   #66
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Dr. Fauci is stifling himself in order to save many lives from the actions of the malignant narcissist holding the office of President.
So now Dr. Fauci is a liar.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
sure! he’s a trumplican.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:15 AM   #68
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

People say Contagion is prescient. We just saw the science. The whole epidemiological community has been warning everybody for the past 10 or 15 years that it wasn't a question of whether we were going to have a pandemic like this. It was simply when. It's really hard to get people to listen. I mean, Trump pushed out the admiral on the National Security Council, who was the only person at that level who's responsible for pandemic defense. With him went his entire downline of employees and staff and relationships. And then Trump removed the [early warning] funding for countries around the world.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #69
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Sometimes a picture, or in this case a graph says it better, if he were his messaging would be completely different; history will not be kind to this president.
I guess my opinion is wrong because it is not the same as yours. I am fine with that. Thanks for caring enough to share your valuable thoughts. They mean a lot to me ,but I disagree.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #70
Sea Dangles

Quote:
People say Contagion is prescient. We just saw the science. The whole epidemiological community has been warning everybody for the past 10 or 15 years that it wasn't a question of whether we were going to have a pandemic like this. It was simply when. It's really hard to get people to listen. I mean, Trump pushed out the admiral on the National Security Council, who was the only person at that level who's responsible for pandemic defense. With him went his entire downline of employees and staff and relationships. And then Trump removed the [early warning] funding for countries around the world.
Blah blah blah
Dummies gonna dummy.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-22-2020, 09:36 AM   #71
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

When you two wear those MAGA hats that tightly it restricts blood flow to the brain, I see the pattern it's very concerning. So you feel your opinion is the correct one and feel you entitled to it and I'd agree that you are, but you two just refuse to accept that others have that same right to express theirs without the usual from the sand box. Instead it's kinder garden insults and the same old BS, but it's so predictable and so over used it lost it's thunder so long back it's just pathetic now.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled

Who could have known?

No government can be 100 percent prepared for anything, but that does not mean it was as unthinkable as Trump* is trying to portray it now.

Richard Burr (R-N.C.) knew on Feb. 27 when he privately offered a dire forecast for the coronavirus, saying, as first reported by NPR, “It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history,” and “It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic.”

That same day Trump* predicted the 15 cases the country was seeing at that point would soon be reduced to zero.

The Crimson Contagion 2019 Functional Exercise provided local, state, federal, nongovernment organizations and private sector partners an opportunity to practice implementing response actions, as well as engage in candid discussions about response, resource, and capability challenges during an influenza pandemic across all levels of government.

5 . Resources
5 . 1 . Scarcity
5 .1.1. The current medical countermeasure supply chain and production capacity cannot meet the demands imposed by nations during a global influenza pandemic .
The U . S . lacks the ability to produce or source some of the inputs necessary to produce vaccine in sufficient quantities to respond to the domestic requirements of a severe influenza pandemic . Further compounding this challenge , global manufacturing capacity will also be unable to meet domestic demand for medical countermeasures , including personal protective equipment and ancillary supplies (i. e. , syringes ), and it is anticipated that countries will keep their own stockpiled supplies for their own citizens . The U . S. also lacks domestic manufacturing capacity for the production of sufficient quantities of personal protective equipment, needles, and syringes . Domestic supplies of on -hand stock of antiviral medications , needles, syringes , N95 respirators, ventilators , and other ancillary medical supplies are limited and difficult to restock , because they are often
manufactured overseas .

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #73
Sea Dangles

Quote:
When you two wear those MAGA hats that tightly it restricts blood flow to the brain, I see the pattern it's very concerning. So you feel your opinion is the correct one and feel you entitled to it and I'd agree that you are, but you two just refuse to accept that others have that same right to express theirs without the usual from the sand box. Instead it's kinder garden insults and the same old BS, but it's so predictable and so over used it lost it's thunder so long back it's just pathetic now.
Dummies gonna dummy

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #74
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No, he's doing what he can to help and right now that includes accommodating a malignant narcissistic president who is incapable of leading.
He's been in his position since 1984, led the ebola, H1N1 responses and knows what needs to get done.
Trump* is still hoping for a miracle and trying to find someone to blame for his administration's inaction.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #75
scottw

Quote:

Instead it's kinder garden insults

I agree...if you were trying to suggest we should all plant a kinder garden....

carry on...
Old 03-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #76
scottw

with seeds of love...
Old 03-22-2020, 10:55 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

2/26 Trump* claimed: When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done

Today 27,205

FEMA head admits despite Trump*’s lauding Defense Production Act Executive Order, Trump* HAS NOT implemented it.

Trump* plan: rely on corporations’ voluntary contributions

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-22-2020, 11:19 AM   #78
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No, he's doing what he can to help and right now that includes accommodating a malignant narcissistic president who is incapable of leading.
He's been in his position since 1984, led the ebola, H1N1 responses and knows what needs to get done.
Trump* is still hoping for a miracle and trying to find someone to blame for his administration's inaction.
If you say he is not lying when he said Trump was not responsible, and he knows what needs to be done, and is a reliable expert doing those things, I'll take him at his word rather than your hyper biased opinion.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:34 PM   #79
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trumps messaging from the beginning has been pathetic, want to hear how a leader addresses the people who elected him, listen to Gov Cuomo. Straight honest information based on science and facts, not hunches, gut feelings or hopefully miracles. Trump didn’t cause the virus, but he ignored the science hoping what was predicted wasn’t going to happen and has been weeks if not more than a month behind with actions to prevent the spread and gear up for the medical community to handle it.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:02 PM   #80
detbuch

Quote:
Trumps messaging from the beginning has been pathetic, want to hear how a leader addresses the people who elected him, listen to Gov Cuomo. Straight honest information based on science and facts, not hunches, gut feelings or hopefully miracles. Trump didn’t cause the virus, but he ignored the science hoping what was predicted wasn’t going to happen and has been weeks if not more than a month behind with actions to prevent the spread and gear up for the medical community to handle it.
Cuomo is following the Trump administration's program. Unlike you, he has praised Trump for being "on it." Trump's "messaging" was not that it could not turn out to be very serious, but to try to not have the panic that indeed occur with hoarding for instance. There was always the message to take precautions and not just act like nothing could possibly get worse. Your rhetoric is the very stuff of dooms day. Not helpful at all.

And there has always been the need and call for all level of government's, including states and the private sector to be part of the process.

Cuomo's rhetoric comes at a time when the spread of the virus is more apparent, and a more stringent call is necessary.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:41 PM   #81
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Trump yada yada virus
Trump blah blah science
🙄
This is more of a dummy being dumb. You are getting worse than Pete (Bitchslappedboy). Does your son ( the alleged first responder) know that this is how you solve problems? Has he planned your intervention yet?
Cuomo is doing just fine but how has that worked out for him?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #82
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Cuomo is following the Trump administration's program. Unlike you, he has praised Trump for being "on it." Trump's "messaging" was not that it could not turn out to be very serious, but to try to not have the panic that indeed occur with hoarding for instance. There was always the message to take precautions and not just act like nothing could possibly get worse. Your rhetoric is the very stuff of dooms day. Not helpful at all.

And there has always been the need and call for all level of government's, including states and the private sector to be part of the process.

Cuomo's rhetoric comes at a time when the spread of the virus is more apparent, and a more stringent call is necessary.
Go back a few of his press conferences, while Cuomo is happy Trump is “FINALLY” taking the steps needed, he has a acknowledged several times how far BEHIND we are. I call BS on your take on Trumps rhetoric, it has had little to do with the safety of Americans and more to do with him, his image, his worry about how this would impact his 2020 run and of course his blessed stock market. I get it, it’s impossible for SD, Scott, Jim and you to defend him, when its clear the when confronted with a global and US health crisis like the one that has shut our economy down, that this really is not the guy you want at the helm. I understand you guys, your going down with the ship and I hope you take Moscow Mitch with you.

Ooooh and the gloom and doom I talk about is reality we are all facing and if we all aren’t paying attention people will die. But how many people are reading the SB political forum, that argument is hilarious, who am I not helping?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #83
PaulS

Cuomo said if someone wants to blame someone or complain about someone, blame me there's no one else who is responsible for this decision. That's right out of Trump's Playbook. Not!

I do think he's doing a much better job since he's acknowledged it's not going to magically go away. Although that press conference Friday was a joke.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:26 PM   #84
detbuch

Quote:
Go back a few of his press conferences, while Cuomo is happy Trump is “FINALLY” taking the steps needed, he has a acknowledged several times how far BEHIND we are.

Oh, so Cuomo knew from the start what steps were needed? Did he tell the rest of us and the Trump administration, including the experts like Dr. Fauci about this supposed knowledge he had. Was he "on it"? So now he gives his blessing that the administration is doing what he in his superior wisdom thinks is right and good? How's he doing with the financial and social conditions of his prize New York City? He is supposed to be someone we look up to in handling social and political conditions? Of course, you just know that he would have done so much better because . . .

I call BS on your take on Trumps rhetoric, it has had little to do with the safety of Americans and more to do with him, his image, his worry about how this would impact his 2020 run and of course his blessed stock market.

I would guess that doing the best in this crisis would be the way to help his 2020 run. You claim to know what is in his head, what he's concerned about. Are you some sort of clairvoyant or mentalist who has the ability to know, even from a great distance, what someone thinks? Or do you have some solid evidence of what you say? Or is it just your usual opinionated pontification?

I get it, it’s impossible for SD, Scott, Jim and you to defend him, when its clear the when confronted with a global and US health crisis like the one that has shut our economy down, that this really is not the guy you want at the helm. I understand you guys, your going down with the ship and I hope you take Moscow Mitch with you.

I get it, you see it as some kind of battle where positions have to be defended. You, of course, being on a higher plane of wisdom and mind reading, don't need a defense. You, a priori, have the truth as your bulwark. You just know. And can, therefor, just say stuff.

Ooooh and the gloom and doom I talk about is reality we are all facing and if we all aren’t paying attention people will die. But how many people are reading the SB political forum, that argument is hilarious, who am I not helping?
Who are you helping?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:34 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
why did trump implement the travel ban from china on day one? why did joe biden, chuck schumer, and cnn call him a xenophobe for doing so?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #86
Jim in CT

Dr Fauci, who has gotten positive reviews here, days Trumps early travel ban could
prove to be a key reason why we don’t evolve to Italy’s horror.

I don’t like Trumps style, going after a reporter at a coronavirus press conference is stupid. I trust Trumps policies.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fau...-another-italy
Old 03-22-2020, 05:40 PM   #87
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
why did trump implement the travel ban from china on day one? why did joe biden, chuck schumer, and cnn call him a xenophobe for doing so?
Are you going to beat that drum to death or what, look at the messaging and actions since, the science showed what was coming. Taking one small step and not following up with a host of other strong measures, combined with his dismissive rhetoric is pathetic. He failed and I certainly don’t expect anything but defense from you and others, but I don’t see it and other state leaders don’t either, even if they are finally happy he is taking these late steps.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:42 PM   #88
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Dr Fauci, who has gotten positive reviews here, days Trumps early travel ban could
prove to be a key reason why we don’t evolve to Italy’s horror.

I don’t like Trumps style, going after a reporter at a coronavirus press conference is stupid. I trust Trumps policies.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fau...-another-italy
Would that be the Dr. Fauci who was suddenly missing from tonight’s briefing, probably due to Trump getting tired of him countering his statements with truth?
Old 03-22-2020, 06:10 PM   #89
detbuch

Quote:
Are you going to beat that drum to death or what, look at the messaging and actions since, the science showed what was coming. Taking one small step and not following up with a host of other strong measures, combined with his dismissive rhetoric is pathetic. He failed and I certainly don’t expect anything but defense from you and others, but I don’t see it and other state leaders don’t either, even if they are finally happy he is taking these late steps.
Could you be, possibly, a bit more specific?
Old 03-22-2020, 06:14 PM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Would that be the Dr. Fauci who was suddenly missing from tonight’s briefing, probably due to Trump getting tired of him countering his statements with truth?
some libs here were praising him, right? and he praised trumps travel ban.

maybe it’s possible he had
something more
pressing...