Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2019, 01:46 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Until recently colleges did not ever admit that their students or employees did any wrong and covered it up. If anything was done about it, there was a NDA involved.
In the past few years, it has started to change but it is not over yet.
Ask Gym Jordan.
also recently, democrats abandoned any sense of decency and decided that winning is all that matters and that there’s no limit to how low they’ll go. ask clarence thomas. or robert bork.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
who is saying that’s what happened here? again, why didn’t Yale ( has its own police), or the CT police, look into this? ask them.
People are saying she (and he) were wasted.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
also recently, democrats abandoned any sense of decency and decided that winning is all that matters and that there’s no limit to how low they’ll go. ask clarence thomas. or robert bork.
And yet the Republican's elected a predator Pres. and he has 90% approval rating who admitted to sexual assault. What # of Alabamians voted for a child molester?

Why didn't all the Repubs. vote for Bork? Thomas had credible allegations of assault against him but the Repubs didn't care -(can you see a pattern here).

Get over your hate.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I’m starting to think you are wasted
Old 09-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Perhaps you could ask Anita Hill and Archibald Cox.

This one is eerily similar to current events

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #36
scottw

Quote:

Looks like your that low despicable person you ranted about earlier.
You shouldn’t emphasize your horrible spelling
Old 09-17-2019, 02:12 PM   #37
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
You shouldn’t emphasize your horrible spelling
It gives the petty folks here an opportunity to .... I guess show their pettiness?
Old 09-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #38
scottw

Quote:

Get over your hate.
how come when you get all angry you accuse others of hate?
Old 09-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #39
scottw

Quote:
It gives the petty folks here an opportunity to .... I guess show their pettiness?
that's petty snarky...

just saying...if you italicize a word for emphasis...you should probably try to spell it correctly or use the right word if you want people to take you seriously...I'm providing a public service..it's free...I thought you guys liked free services?
Old 09-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
how come when you get all angry you accuse others of hate?
Why is that angry?

I don't usually bitch about all Republicans like you and Jim do.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
that's petty snarky...

just saying...if you italicize a word for emphasis...you should probably try to spell it correctly or use the right word if you want people to take you seriously...I'm providing a public service..it's free...I thought you guys liked free services?
I did it (and have in the past) so when the petty people here point it out I can show them it was done just so they can show how miserable they are.

What free services do us guys like and who is us guys?
Old 09-17-2019, 02:22 PM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
and if my aunt had wheels, she’d be a tea cart. the gop doesn’t resort to these smear tactics with democratic scotus nominees. kagan and sotomayor got confirmed, each got plenty of gop votes.
no they lie cheat suppress votes stonewall congress refuse to bring anything to the senate to debate unless they already know trump will pass it... Jim your funny on how ethical you think your side is
Old 09-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
who?

also, the NYT piece says that all the kids were at a naked party, and that someone else thrust kavanaugh’s penis into her hand.

If that happened, how is that kavanaughs fault? seems like
he’s a victim too.

i could be wrong, but i’m 95% certain that’s what it said, someone else thrust it into her hand.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
who?

the person who claimed he saw it. Something like Steir. He is now a DC lawyer I believe
Old 09-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
the person who claimed he saw it. Something like Steir. He is now a DC lawyer I believe
and who is he exactly? you left out one additional thing we know
about him. Right?

and if the “it” he saw ( and this is an ‘if’), is that someone else thrust kavanaughs penis toward this girl, then kavanaugh is also a victim. right?

these yalies have nothing better to do, than set up nudist colonies on campus?
Old 09-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
who?

also, the NYT piece says that all the kids were at a naked party, and that someone else thrust kavanaugh’s penis into her hand.

If that happened, how is that kavanaughs fault? seems like
he’s a victim too.

i could be wrong, but i’m 95% certain that’s what it said, someone else thrust it into her hand.
Just how would that work?
Does Kavanaugh have a detachable penis?
Must be a Trumplican thing.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
they could have pushed him from behind, or grabbed it and pulled it forward, Columbo. nothing can be moved from where it currently is, u less it’s detachable?
Old 09-17-2019, 03:15 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
i just read the NYT report, the accuser says that friends pushed kavanaughs penis into her hand. so if this happened, he's a victim too.

make that wrong.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
And yet the Republican's elected a predator Pres. and he has 90% approval rating who admitted to sexual assault. What # of Alabamians voted for a child molester?

Why didn't all the Repubs. vote for Bork? Thomas had credible allegations of assault against him but the Repubs didn't care -(can you see a pattern here).

Get over your hate.
how come it’s only hateful when i post, not you?

funny how his credible accuser chose to follow him from job to job.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #50
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Everyone in Washington is scum. And it is a result of where they have chosen to spend their professional lives in their working lives, making decisions related to their career advancement, NOT the result of how they spent their social time at college.… I am not about to condone rape, assault, or other morally wrong predation, but... it is the onus of a victim to come forward and state an 'attack' took place, is it not? Given the widespread coverage of the MeToo movement, one would have to think that any woman (or man) who had long ago been the victim of such an attack, that they would have used that platform to come forward...
I was in a large, rowdy, jock fraternity at UMass in the late 70s. Hell, I ended up president of the thing.... So I saw plenty of chit. And dealt with the PD when necessary... The MeToo movement had me racking my memory bank, believe me. Drinking blurs the lines. But heavy alcohol consumption was the norm of the time. This was discussed at a recent funeral of a fraternity brother that was heavily attended by my house and the widow's sorority sisters. We partied and played HARD... But that was not what has made us who we are or have become professionally. And that is what concerns me more when considering a candidate for POTUS, Senate, Congress, SCOTUS or an employee. Not how they partied in college...

Last edited by nightfighter; 09-17-2019 at 05:13 PM..

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:

I didn't see any hate in what you said. He just likes to throw that word around, whether it applies or not. Like the left throws the word "racism" around, usually when it doesn't apply. "Hate" and "racism" are some of the most devastating things you can be accused of. That's why they do it. And it is a despicable thing to do.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #52
PaulS

Quote:

I only respond to your hateful posts as I think it's despicable
Old 09-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Everyone in Washington is scum. And it is a result of where they have chosen to spend their professional lives in their working lives, making decisions related to their career advancement, NOT the result of how they spent their social time at college.… I am not about to condone rape, assault, or other morally wrong predation, but... it is the onus of a victim to come forward and state an 'attack' took place, is it not? Given the widespread coverage of the MeToo movement, one would have to think that any woman (or man) who had long ago been the victim of such an attack, that they would have used that platform to come forward...
I was in a large, rowdy, jock fraternity at UMass in the late 70s. Hell, I ended up president of the thing.... So I saw plenty of chit. And dealt with the PD when necessary... The MeToo movement had me racking my memory bank, believe me. Drinking blurs the lines. But heavy alcohol consumption was the norm of the time. This was discussed at a recent funeral of a fraternity brother that was heavily attended by my house and the widow's sorority sisters. We partied and played HARD... But that was not what has made us who we are or have become professionally. And that is what concerns me more when considering a candidate for POTUS, Senate, Congress, SCOTUS or an employee. Not how they partied in college...
Very well said.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:28 PM   #54
PaulS

Quote:
i just read the NYT report, the accuser says that friends pushed kavanaughs penis into her hand. so if this happened, he's a victim too.

make that wrong.
Then let's have an honest thorough investigation and what evidence shows comes out. Make that wrong.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #55
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
But that was not what has made us who we are or have become professionally. And that is what concerns me more when considering a candidate for POTUS, Senate, Congress, SCOTUS or an employee. Not how they partied in college...
I would generally agree. That being said if Kavanaugh responded that way he might have gotten a pass, instead he denied most of everything and made up stories to cover his college days that he documented.

What's even crazier is that he blamed the entire think on a Clinton conspiracy when he was a participant in the Clinton conspiracy era of the 1990s.

I don't want to hang anyone for behavior in college if it's not provable but his performance during the hearings was below par for SCOTUS.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
I only respond to your hateful posts as I think it's despicable
Yes, I agree that loosely and incorrectly responding with accusations of "hate" is despicable.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #57
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No offense Ross and having been a U-Mass Amherst SAE fraternity member in the 70’s, I hear you. However I was also married to a women who was so emotionally f’ed up by a similar sexual predator in her high school senior year, nobody in her family, police or even myself learned about it until I was married for ten years. Sh*t like that will to some make those memories get buried as that is how they need to deal. The witnesses are IMHO far more important as they were not emotionally impaired by the incident and all should have been interviewed, this is a LIFE long appointment not a two or four year term.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:36 PM   #58
Nebe

The thing that discredits this guy to me is that he is not politically neutral. Judges need to remain neutral so that they can follow the word of the law in black and white. This guy to me is a puppet. Nothing more. I’m sure after a few years we can review his decisions of things and see what I mean.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #59
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yes, I agree that loosely and incorrectly responding with accusations of "hate" is despicable.
Good one
Old 09-17-2019, 05:40 PM   #60
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I would generally agree. That being said if Kavanaugh responded that way he might have gotten a pass, instead he denied most of everything and made up stories to cover his college days that he documented.

Did he document the sexual assault he was accused of?

I don't want to hang anyone for behavior in college if it's not provable but his performance during the hearings was below par for SCOTUS.
That's debatable. It seems that you do want to hang him. Maybe you believe a subpar performance (I thought he performed well) merits hanging.