Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 03-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
onsetangler

looking for a canoe

My brother and I are looking for a used canoe. We want to do some outback camping as well as fishing trout in it. I'd like something sturdy and fairly heavy. If you guys have anything lying around let me know. Thanks in advance.
onsetangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:53 PM   #2
ronfish

I have a used 15 foot canoe that I am trying to sell- asking $250. Delivery is out of the question. Ron
ronfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:35 PM   #3
Rob Rockcrawler

My neighbor has a 17' old town canoe for sale. 350. Good boat as far as i can tell, its in Sturbridge MA.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:58 PM   #4
onsetangler

Thanks for the replies guys. Ron I could definitely pick it up depending on how far away you are, Rob let your neighbor know I'm interested. I have a Silverado so I know I could probably transfer them both. I guess my question is condition and maybe get pics? Thanks so much boys I'm located in Brockton/ Onset I'd drive a couple hours for the right boat. Sturbridge wouldn't be a problem at all
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by onsetangler; 03-28-2016 at 11:05 PM..
onsetangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #5
ronfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsetangler View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Ron I could definitely pick it up depending on how far away you are, Rob let your neighbor know I'm interested. I have a Silverado so I know I could probably transfer them both. I guess my question is condition and maybe get pics? Thanks so much boys I'm located in Brockton/ Onset I'd drive a couple hours for the right boat. Sturbridge wouldn't be a problem at all
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
onsetangler- I live in Rehoboth, MA so you shouldn't have a problem. I would send pictures but my camera is in the middle of the Sakonnet River on the bottom. The canoe is used and I have used it in the salt for stripers and blues in some of the back waters. I put in a couple of fiberglass patches where my boots were always rubbing the bottom to increase its durability. There are no holes or cracks in the hull and I have 3 paddles that will go along with it. Ron
ronfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #6
Rob Rockcrawler

I will motor over tomorrow before work and try to get some pics.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:08 PM   #7
Rob Rockcrawler

Went over today and found out it was sold, waiting for pick up. Sorry.