Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-20-2021, 10:58 AM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and Senator Sinema from AZ also says she won’t back that bill. I guess Pete will tell us why AZ doesn’t count either.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
people in Arizona and West Virginia are really stupid...Pete and his friends in Vermont are super smart...look how they are crushing covid...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8348.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	68353  
Old 09-20-2021, 11:23 AM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
people in Arizona and West Virginia are really stupid...Pete and his friends in Vermont are super smart...look how they are crushing covid...
The pandemics 2nd wrongest commentator continues to just be clueless.

Every other state has a higher death rate than Vermont!

Only 294 people in VT have died. The point of the vaccines is that it protects from hospitalization and death.

Gov Phil Scott has been pro-vax & its working

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 11:54 AM   #63
scottw

[QUOTE=Pete F.;

The point of the vaccines is that it protects from hospitalization

[/QUOTE]

The point of the vaccines was to prevent you from getting it to prevent the spread till it became obvious that you could still get it and spread it if you are vaccinated
Old 09-20-2021, 12:14 PM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The point of the vaccines was to prevent you from getting it to prevent the spread till it became obvious that you could still get it and spread it if you are vaccinated

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 12:53 PM   #65
scottw

hey pete, how many hundreds of tips did you send to the FBI about Kavanaugh that you feel they ignored?
Old 09-20-2021, 12:58 PM   #66
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

The point of the vaccines is that it protects from hospitalization and death.
we were told Pfizer has 95% efficacy "preventing infection"...not "protecting from hospitalization"..or death

"Based on evidence from clinical trials in people 16 years and older, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 95% effective at preventing laboratory-confirmed infection with the virus that causes COVID-19"
Old 09-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
hey pete, how many hundreds of tips did you send to the FBI about Kavanaugh that you feel they ignored?
None myself, but I do have an acquaintance who went to law school with him.
They offered and were never contacted.
You’re sounding like Gym Jordan🙈

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 01:01 PM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
we were told Pfizer has 95% efficacy "preventing infection"...not "protecting from hospitalization"..or death

"Based on evidence from clinical trials in people 16 years and older, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 95% effective at preventing laboratory-confirmed infection with the virus that causes COVID-19"

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #69
detbuch

Quote:
But you are just choc full of a daily never ending array of clues, most of which don't pan out.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:55 PM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
But you are just choc full of a daily never ending array of clues, most of which don't pan out.
Troll much?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 02:01 PM   #71
detbuch

Quote:
Troll much?
You do realize you trolled with your response here? You do that a whole lot. You're one of the biggest trolls on the forum, if not the biggest.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:37 PM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

You do realize you trolled with your response here? You do that a whole lot. You're one of the biggest trolls on the forum, if not the biggest.
Actually trolling is what you did here, with your only prior post in this thread.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 03:44 PM   #73
detbuch

Quote:
Actually trolling is what you did here, with your only prior post in this thread.
You're the one who brought up trolling with your troll. And you are the Troll par excellence on this forum.

"Internet troll. In Internet slang, a troll ( /troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"

No-one posts as much digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages than you. Nor starts as many quarrels as you.

So Troll all you want. But its meta trolling to insert the notion of someone else's supposed trolling as if it were some compelling response when in fact it is what you continuously do. Not to mention blatant hypocrisy.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:08 AM   #74
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Do you think the MAGA crowd insisting General Milley committed treason realize they're calling attention to the fact that everyone around their insane orange God king in the last months of his presidency thought he was completely insane and a danger to the country?
Milley confirms previous reports that he received an unclassified, unsigned order to withdraw all U.S. forces from Afghanistan by Jan. 15, apparently arbitrary plans during Trump's lame-duck term to fulfill a campaign promise and stymie incoming administration.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-29-2021, 08:39 AM   #75
wdmso

Tom Cotton GENERAL MILLEY, I CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THAT YOUR ADVICE ABOUT STAYING IN AFGHANISTAN WAS REJECTED. I’M SHOCKED TO LEARN THAT YOUR ADVICE WASN’T SOUGHT UNTIL AUGUST 25 ON STAYING PAST THE AUGUST 31 DEADLINE. I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU’RE THE PRINCIPAL MILITARY ADVISER; THAT YOU ADVISE, YOU DON’T DECIDE. THE PRESIDENT DECIDES. BUT IF ALL THIS IS TRUE, GENERAL MILLEY, WHY HAVEN’T YOU RESIGNED?’

Gen

AS A SENIOR MILITARY OFFICER, RESIGNING IS A REALLY SERIOUS THING. IT’S A POLITICAL ACT, IF I’M RESIGNING IN PROTEST. MY JOB IS TO PROVIDE ADVICE. MY STATUTORY RESPONSIBILITY IS TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE, OR BEST MILITARY ADVICE, TO THE PRESIDENT… THE PRESIDENT DOESN’T HAVE TO AGREE WITH THAT ADVICE. HE DOESN’T HAVE TO MAKE THOSE DECISIONS JUST BECAUSE WE’RE GENERALS, AND IT WOULD BE AN INCREDIBLE ACT OF POLITICAL DEFIANCE FOR A COMMISSIONED OFFICER TO JUST RESIGN BECAUSE MY ADVICE IS NOT TAKEN. THIS COUNTRY DOESN’T WANT GENERALS FIGURING OUT WHAT ORDERS WE ARE GOING TO ACCEPT AND DO OR NOT. THAT’S NOT OUR JOB. THE PRINCIPLE OF CIVILIAN CONTROL OF THE MILITARY IS ABSOLUTE — IT’S CRITICAL TO THIS REPUBLIC.’

And In addition to that, just from a personal standpoint, my dad didn't get a choice to resign at Iwo Jima,"

"And those kids there at Abbey Gate, they don't get a choice to resign, and I'm not going to turn my back on them," Milley said in "I'm not gonna resign– they can't resign, so I'm not going to resign, there's no way."

He added, "if the orders are illegal, we're in a different place, but if the orders are legal, from civilian authority, I intend to carry them out."

It’s seems Tom Cotton a former Captain thinks ones personal feeling should come before ones Duty..

Yet he condemned Jan 6th no quarter for insurrectionists. Those who attacked the Capitol today should face the full extent of federal law.

But blocked the Jan6th commission? And he questioned Milley principles ? Does he own any mirrors?
Old 09-30-2021, 08:10 AM   #76
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Milley

I bet he ends up with a show on MSNBC
Old 09-30-2021, 09:36 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Gen Mark Milley:

Defense Distinguished Service Medal (2)
Army Distinguished Service Medal (4)
Defense Superior Service Medal (3)
Legion of Merit (3)
Bronze Star Medal (4)

Rep Matt Gaetz:
- Free Britney
- Sex trafficker
- Pedophile

Lets Go Darwin