Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What an awful person, from the WAPO
We located 25 real estate transactions in the Oklahoma City area related to Warren’s family and 21 mortgage loans made by Warren to her family members. We found only four transactions involving foreclosure property, two made under Warren’s name. Most of the transactions took place in the 1990s and early 2000s, with Warren’s last loan being made in 2007.

Do you think she should have been able to use banks without being a hypocrite?

Just how does a data analytics program teach critical race theory?

Attending public meetings and voicing your opinion is your right.
One would hope that people’s opinions are based on more than the latest things they saw on TV.
Like Merrick Garlands son in law’s business
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Do you think she should have been able to use banks without being a hypocrite?"

Why would merely "using a bank" make her a hypocrite?

Try to follow along here...Warren attacked banks for benefitting from foreclosures, yet she also (as you and Spence both stated) benefitted from foreclosures. Why is it OK when she does it, but wrong when someone else does it?

DO you understand the difference between "using a bank", and "profiting from foreclosures"? Those are very different things, but given your breathtaking ignorance of how the economy works, we're not surprised that you are equating/confusing two very different things.

"Just how does a data analytics program teach critical race theory?"

Where did I say the "data analytics program" teaches CRT? I said Panorama sells CRT material to schools. Why would selling analytics software, and selling CRT material, be mutually exclusive? Why can't they do both? I also said it's reported that they provide surveys to schools that ask kids about sexual preferences, and some parents are also upset about that.

Please explain why a company that sells data analytics services, can't also provide CRT materials or sexual preference surveys? I see neither you nor Spence have provided anything to suggest that Panorama isn't doing those things.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Try to follow along here...Warren attacked banks for benefitting from foreclosures, yet she also (as you and Spence both stated) benefitted from foreclosures. Why is it OK when she does it, but wrong when someone else does it?
JIM>>>ILLEGAL FORECLOSURES - You like to insult everyone for being thick when you are the THICKEST

Quote:
Where did I say the "data analytics program" teaches CRT? I said Panorama sells CRT material to schools. Why would selling analytics software, and selling CRT material, be mutually exclusive? Why can't they do both? I also said it's reported that they provide surveys to schools that ask kids about sexual preferences, and some parents are also upset about that.

Please explain why a company that sells data analytics services, can't also provide CRT materials or sexual preference surveys? I see neither you nor Spence have provided anything to suggest that Panorama isn't doing those things.
I've not read anywhere that they sell CRT materials. They do have a philosophy of equality which right-wingers are automatically equating to CRT because it's a current fake outrage issue.

Seriously, with the right wing outlets pushing anti-mast, anti-vac and CRT is everywhere and going to make our kids hate themselves it's no wonder so may are having a conniption.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
JIM>>>ILLEGAL FORECLOSURES - You like to insult everyone for being thick when you are the THICKEST

I've not read anywhere that they sell CRT materials. They do have a philosophy of equality which right-wingers are automatically equating to CRT because it's a current fake outrage issue.

Seriously, with the right wing outlets pushing anti-mast, anti-vac and CRT is everywhere and going to make our kids hate themselves it's no wonder so may are having a conniption.
on the foreclosure issue…

first, you said she didn’t flip
any foreclosures.

then, you admitted she did, but defended her because she held the foreclosures for a few months ( no clue why that matters)

now you say she only chastised banks for breaking the law.

you’re making stuff up from every angle, hoping something sticks.

i insult pete because he’s a rotten person. going after people’s
kids and dinging up someone’s wife’s illness, you have no issue when he does that. because he’s a lefty. but when i insult him, you suddenly care about civility.

selective principles are fake principles, spence.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:25 PM   #34
spence

Quote:

any foreclosures.

then, you admitted she did, but defended her because she held the foreclosures for a few months ( no clue why that matters)

kids and dinging up someone’s wife’s illness, you have no issue when he does that. because he’s a lefty. but when i insult him, you suddenly care about civility.

God, if you're really this dense I can't help you.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:36 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
God, if you're really this dense I can't help you.
fortunately for me, i don’t need your help. Who needs help from someone who denies that biden’s polling ( and his recent performance) are problematic for him?

what help can be offered by someone who can only repeatedly post “liberal=good”? it doesn’t matter what the issue is, you e never once posted anything other than that. who needs help from a parrot.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:26 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

any foreclosures.

Anything that conflicts with your worldview is a lie, liberals are bad, hypocrites, blah blah

You’ve never answered my question
Are you a teenage girl or are you just playing one on the internet?

Sad, sad man?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Do you think she should have been able to use banks without being a hypocrite?"

Why would merely "using a bank" make her a hypocrite?

DO you understand the difference between "using a bank", and "profiting from foreclosures"? Those are very different things, but given your breathtaking ignorance of how the economy works, we're not surprised that you are equating/confusing two very different things.

"Just how does a data analytics program teach critical race theory?"

They provide data analytics to schools
Not curriculum materials
Once again you mindlessly repeat what you’re told

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-07-2021, 07:37 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
More serious than the race riots of 2020? Because we didn't get the feds involved in that. Have BOW protesters killed more people, done more damage, than those idiots?
Are you really that ignorant?
Did you miss what the Trump administration did in Portland?
That the internal reports of federal agencies said that the political appointees within DHS falsely tried to create Antifa operations in Portland
More than 25 Million people participated in BLM protests
Very few had any destruction

January 6th had a far higher percentage of people who did violent destructive acts, they must be heroes

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 04:28 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:

January 6th had a far higher percentage of people who did violent destructive acts, they must be heroes

they weren't heroes and it was over in a couple of hours with nothing burnt to the ground and most will face charges if they broke the law.....I guess the left has more activists, longer tantrums and are more thorough in their trespassing with less accountability
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	800.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	68399   Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	68400   Click image for larger version

Name:	images (1).jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	68401  
Old 10-08-2021, 04:29 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
'
Are you really that ignorant?
Did you miss what the Trump administration did in Portland?
That the internal reports of federal agencies said that the political appointees within DHS falsely tried to create Antifa operations in Portland

so trump created faux antifa?
Old 10-08-2021, 05:10 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Anything that conflicts with your worldview is a lie, liberals are bad, hypocrites, blah blah

You’ve never answered my question
Are you a teenage girl or are you just playing one on the internet?

Sad, sad man?

except we all know i agree 100% with liberals on some big issues. so that proves you’re wrong, yet again.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:12 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:

how many people did the January 6 rioters murder, and how many billions of dollars in damage did they do?
Old 10-08-2021, 05:13 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

so his response is this…

the BLM/antifa riots weren’t that bad. And if they were bad, it’s Trumps fault.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:53 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
how many people did the January 6 rioters murder, and how many billions of dollars in damage did they do?
Were there 25 million people involved on J6?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 05:56 AM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Trumps political appointees did
Fox amplified their lies

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 05:57 AM   #46
scottw

Quote:
I believe the actual number was 74,223,369......
Old 10-08-2021, 06:30 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
No.

I answered your question, why can’t you answer mine?

How many people did the January 6 rioters murder, and how many billions of dollars of damage did they do?
Old 10-08-2021, 07:14 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:
No.

How many people did the January 6 rioters murder, and how many billions of dollars of damage did they do?

many, many and much more than the summer of love
Old 10-08-2021, 07:30 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
many, many and much more than the summer of love
and i will see where he got “25 million” from.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:02 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No.

I answered your question, why can’t you answer mine?

Five
And the cost was half a billion dollars
Pretty high for a 8000 person attempted coup

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 08:03 AM   #51
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Most of them took public transportation home, and probably picked up take-out from Applebee’s on the way.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:06 AM   #52
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Five
Are you including the guy who tazed himself?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-08-2021, 08:17 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Five
they murdered 5 people? can you back that up please?
Old 10-08-2021, 08:20 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

"People gathered all over the country last year to protest the violent murder by the police of an unarmed man -- some of those protests became violent," Judge Chutkan said in a sentencing hearing. "But to compare the actions of people protesting mostly peacefully for civil rights to those of a violent mob seeking to overthrow the lawfully elected government is a false equivalency and ignores the very real danger that the Jan. 6 riot posed to the foundation of our democracy."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #55
wdmso

Quote:
And there goes Jim carrying the Conservatives Torch trying to compare the 2 riots as some how equal ! All while ignoring Trumps behavior before during and after the election seeding doubt in our elections…. And even as it becomes clear he attempted to get the DOJ involved . The Republicans and Jim and other Trump supporters make excuses

Grassley’s argument ultimately boiled down to this: It wasn’t so bad, because Trump didn’t actually get the Justice Department to do what he wanted it to do. Oh, and when he failed at that, he didn’t actually make good on his threats to start firing people and install a loyalist to lead the DOJ.

So Ya he Tried but he failed so what’s the Big Deal!!!!

Hea Donald can you come to my re-election rallies I need the support of your seditious followers an love autocratic leader like you
Old 10-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Dead is dead, if it didn't happen they would not have died.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Five
5 people died.

the capital police officer, who was widely reported to have been beaten to death, had two strikes the next day and his death was ruled natural causes.

two rioters died of natural causes

one rioter died a drug overdose.

and one rioter was a tiny unarmed woman, shot to death by a police officer ( who had a history of recklessness with his gun) without warning.

so how did you conclude that 5 people were murdered by the rioters? 4 of the 5. who died, were rioters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/7128040002

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-08-2021 at 08:58 AM..
Old 10-08-2021, 08:57 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And there goes Jim carrying the Conservatives Torch trying to compare the 2 riots as some how equal ! All while ignoring Trumps behavior before during and after the election seeding doubt in our elections…. And even as it becomes clear he attempted to get the DOJ involved . The Republicans and Jim and other Trump supporters make excuses

Grassley’s argument ultimately boiled down to this: It wasn’t so bad, because Trump didn’t actually get the Justice Department to do what he wanted it to do. Oh, and when he failed at that, he didn’t actually make good on his threats to start firing people and install a loyalist to lead the DOJ.

So Ya he Tried but he failed so what’s the Big Deal!!!!

Hea Donald can you come to my re-election rallies I need the support of your seditious followers an love autocratic leader like you
i’m not saying the blm riots were the same as january 6th, i’m saying the blm riots were a million times worse.

What did the january 6th riots achieve?? First of all, the majority of republicans condemned what happened. Second, the rioters didn’t kill anybody or do tens of billions in damage. and for sure, while some of them hoped to reinstate trump as president, that was never going to happen, it did absolutely NOTHING to alter our democratic process. Nothing.

Compare that to the BlM riots. Almost nobody influential
on the left condemned the riots, they were billed as peaceful. People were murdered, God knows the property damage from fire. Worst of all, that anti cop furor is absolutely permeating into our way of life. some of the most powerful democrats in washington are calling to defund the police, and many large police forces are seeing officers leave and create openings that can’t be filled because no sane person would want to be a cop in a big city right now. Liberals in the media never give the cop the benefit of the doubt, every single time they declare the white cop guilty before the investigation is done.

There is no comparing the effect of the BLM riots to what happened in January 6th. There is no meaningful number of republicans in DC who want to continue the work
of what those idiots did on January 6. By contrast, there are plenty of powerful elected democrats who fully support the cause of the BLM rioters.

That summer, democrats said you couldn’t go to mass because of covid, but they specifically allowed BLM protests and riots. They denied freedom of assembly ( which is guaranteed in the constitution, nowhere does it say “unless there’s a pandemic”) to those not sympathetic to their agenda, and reserved freedom of assembly to those who are sympathetic to their agenda.

I would love to see you attempt to make that wrong. I would truly love it.

you keep saying that republicans want a dictator for president. it shows how completely ignorant you are. we want a much less powerful federal presence than democrats want. you don’t understand anything. zip. stick to catching tuna.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:58 AM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Dead is dead, if it didn't happen they would not have died.
Quote:
5 people died.

the capital police officer, who was widely reported to have been beaten to death, had two strikes the next day and his death was ruled natural causes.

two rioters died of natural causes

one rioter died a drug overdose.

and one rioter was a tiny unarmed woman, shot to death by a police officer ( who had a history of recklessness with his gun) without warning. You will buy into anything you hear, won't you? Your support for police stops if it is not against people whose politics you don't like?

so how did you conclude that 5 people were murdered by the rioters? 4 of the 5. who died, were rioters.
What happened at BLM protests pales in comparison to January 6th, this is one of your greatest hits in false equivalence. Look at how much destruction and compare it to how many people were involved.

"People gathered all over the country last year to protest the violent murder by the police of an unarmed man -- some of those protests became violent," Judge Chutkan said in a sentencing hearing. "But to compare the actions of people protesting mostly peacefully for civil rights to those of a violent mob seeking to overthrow the lawfully elected government is a false equivalency and ignores the very real danger that the Jan. 6 riot posed to the foundation of our democracy."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
What happened at BLM protests pales in comparison to January 6th, this is one of your greatest hits in false equivalence. Look at how much destruction and compare it to how many people were involved.

you made up the lie that the rioters murdered 5 people. i destroyed that lie.

what did i say about the woman killed by the cop, that was wrong, exactly?

who cares that some judge no one has ever heard of, agrees with you? what does that prove?

how did you get the idea that the rioters murdered 5 people? where did that BS come from? you have zero credibility.