Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-09-2021, 10:00 AM   #91
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
are you kidding me? do you know how completely and thoroughly that lector lie has been debunked?

He died of natural causes, he had two strokes the next day. Natural causes.

Are you still saying the Duke lacrosse team was guilty, and that Nick Sandman is a white supremacist?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
He collapsed on Jan 6th and died the next day. The conclusion that the bear spray or fire extinguisher didn’t alone directly cause the death is mostly for legal reasons if homicide charges were sought.
Old 10-09-2021, 10:04 AM   #92
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He collapsed on Jan 6th and died the next day.
Blood clots have a nasty habit of causing that. Seems they don't need any help.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
He collapsed on Jan 6th and died the next day. The conclusion that the bear spray or fire extinguisher didn’t alone directly cause the death is mostly for legal reasons if homicide charges were sought.
you said he was beaten with a fire extinguisher, which was the original
liberal spin. the autopsy showed zero signs of any injuries. . sorry to disappoint you.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #94
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The right can spin this as a peaceful protest, but that only works if you never saw the news, never watched any of the footage as it came out later and if you did and still believe it your memory is extremely short, very selective or you need to spin the party line. Trump not getting protected with executive privilege has to be making him crazy and nervous, but he will do what he does best whine and then lawyer up.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #95
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The right can spin this as a peaceful protest,
"MOSTLY peaceful." If you remember, that was the mantra for the various destructive riots that the left covered for over the past couple of years. The vast, vast majority of the 30 thousand or so Trump demonstrators were very peaceful.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
The right can spin this as a peaceful protest, but that only works if you never saw the news, never watched any of the footage as it came out later and if you did and still believe it your memory is extremely short, very selective or you need to spin the party line. Trump not getting protected with executive privilege has to be making him crazy and nervous, but he will do what he does best whine and then lawyer up.
they didnt murder anybody. saying they did is like saying trump won, based on zero evidence
Old 10-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #97
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
"MOSTLY peaceful." If you remember, that was the mantra for the various destructive riots that the left covered for over the past couple of years. The vast, vast majority of the 30 thousand or so Trump demonstrators were very peaceful.
The vast, vast majority of the 30 thousand or so Trump demonstrators were very peaceful

The vast majority of BLM protesters were very peaceful but I don’t see you supporting them with that argument ..

I am 100 positive you support what happened Jan 6th and you also support Trumps attempts to overturn the election…. You are like most right wingers you want your outcome by any means necessary . All while claiming to be a great lover of the constitution…. All the while looking the other way while Trump and Republicans try to trample all over it .. calling themselves Patriots
Old 10-09-2021, 01:56 PM   #98
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
they didnt murder anybody. saying they did is like saying trump won, based on zero evidence
Did I say they murdered anyone Jim? No I didn’t, however contributing to several deaths and causing ptsd for any of those officers on the receiving end of beatings with anything they brought or could get there hands on, while attempting to break into the capital building to stop the certification of the election is and should be seen for what it was. The right saw it for what is was for about one day and then suddenly their stories morphed into something else.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:24 PM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
Did I say they murdered anyone Jim? No I didn’t, however contributing to several deaths and causing ptsd for any of those officers on the receiving end of beatings with anything they brought or could get there hands on, while attempting to break into the capital building to stop the certification of the election is and should be seen for what it was. The right saw it for what is was for about one day and then suddenly their stories morphed into something else.
no you didn’t say that. but spence and pete said it. that was the point. obviously a very small
number of them were violent, mostly causing property damage. unlike the blm rioters ( who got a complete free pass from the left) they didn’t murder anyone, they didn’t burn any buildings to the ground.

interesting your side cares about the well being of cops, only when right wing lunatics are hurting them?

violence against police is
skyrocketing, how many cases of violence against cops did you decry here? just this one instance?

Old 10-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The vast, vast majority of the 30 thousand or so Trump demonstrators were very peaceful

The vast majority of BLM protesters were very peaceful but I don’t see you supporting them with that argument ..

I didn't create the mantra of demonstrations being "mostly peaceful." The leftists and their supporting media did and applied it to various destructive left wing riots over the past couple of years. I merely applied the same reasoning to the Jan. 6 demonstration. But I don't see you supporting it with that argument.

I guess it only applies to those you agree with.

I am 100 positive you support what happened Jan 6th and you also support Trumps attempts to overturn the election….

As usual, you're 100% wrong. I am sickened by the Jan. 6 riot. I wish it hadn't happened. And the way something is framed shows motive. That you see it as "Trump's attempts" to "overturn the election" rather than attempts by several people to show that "the election was stolen" (as has been said by Dems over recent elections they lost) shows your bias.

As always, if serious allegations of election malfeasance are made, they should be investigated.

You are like most right wingers you want your outcome by any means necessary . All while claiming to be a great lover of the constitution…. All the while looking the other way while Trump and Republicans try to trample all over it .. calling themselves Patriots
I have not said anything to warrant your accusation. If you are concerned about "looking the other way" you might want to peer into your own looking glass.

And I know of no greater way of trampling all over the Constitution than interpreting it in a way that will achieve desired outcomes. From what you've said, you seem to think that it is perfectly fine for SCOTUS Justices to interpret the Constitution for the supposed greater good (because times have changed). Such pragmatic interpretation nullifies the Constitution to a mere gathering of words that can mean what a judge needs them to mean in order to allow government to do what its current clan of politicians consider best for us all--which is to say that the Constitution is just a bunch of words judges can manipulate in order to grant government the power to do as it wishes so long as it is for the good as seen by politicians and judges. That is to say that the Constitution does not actually limit government, does not actually guaranty any unalienable rights.

That method of interpretation is one of the "means", as you put it, of getting "your outcome by any means necessary".
Old 10-09-2021, 05:17 PM   #101
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
no you didn’t say that. but spence and pete said it. that was the point. obviously a very small
number of them were violent, mostly causing property damage. unlike the blm rioters ( who got a complete free pass from the left) they didn’t murder anyone, they didn’t burn any buildings to the ground.

interesting your side cares about the well being of cops, only when right wing lunatics are hurting them?

violence against police is
skyrocketing, how many cases of violence against cops did you decry here? just this one instance?

Really a SMALL number were violent, what no TV in your house?
Old 10-09-2021, 05:44 PM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Really a SMALL number were violent, what no TV in your house?
small numbers of both were violent, right?

how come the left won’t say that a really small number of cops commit police brutality?

funny how they only play the “really small number” card when it suits them.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-09-2021 at 06:50 PM..
Old 10-09-2021, 08:59 PM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled

If there are only a few bad eggs or apples in the police as you would have us believe
Why can’t the “overwhelming majority” fix it ?

Last edited by Pete F.; 10-09-2021 at 09:10 PM..
Old 10-09-2021, 09:35 PM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If there are only a few bad eggs or apples in the police as you would have us believe
Maybe it's like the vast overwhelming majority of Muslims are peaceful, but they just can't fix those pesky few head cutters.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:42 PM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
i guess this is news to you but bad people don’t wear signs. so you can’t always do anything about them until after.

and that you’d say “if” there are only a few bad apples, as if that’s. it irrefutable fact, shows us how sharp you aren’t.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:44 PM   #106
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Maybe it's like the vast overwhelming majority of Muslims are peaceful, but they just can't fix those pesky few head cutters.
exactly. or the small number of bad apples in Chicago that the well meaning folks there can’t fix. but only the cops are problematic for not being able to fix themselves.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:08 AM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled

How many cops were present at George Floyd’s execution?
Old 10-10-2021, 08:42 AM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
How many cops were present at George Floyd’s execution?
that was a crime, which we dealt with.

in 2019, according to the washington post, 9 unarmed blacks were killed by the police. let’s assume every one of those was police brutality ( probably not true, but let’s assume it).

there are over 700,000 police officers in the US. one out of 80,000 killed an unarmed black man in a whole year. now, one instance is too many, but it’s a rounding error, not an epidemic.

One out of 80,000. That’s pretty close to zero.

how many blacks are killed
by other blacks every year in chicago? Hundreds. that’s one city. but the left doesn’t care, because THAT sue doesn’t help them win elections, and that’s all this is, politics. the left doesn’t care, because liberalism contributes to urban violence, obviously.

gang violence and fatherlessness is a million times more destructive to blacks, but we ignore it, because it’s not a politically winning issue for the left.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #109
spence

Quote:
that was a crime, which we dealt with.

in 2019, according to the washington post, 9 unarmed blacks were killed by the police. let’s assume every one of those was police brutality ( probably not true, but let’s assume it).
Actually it says 13 unarmed black people were “shot” by police in 2019. Killings like George Floyd or Elijah McClain wouldn’t even be counted using their method.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:12 PM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually it says 13 unarmed black people were “shot” by police in 2019. Killings like George Floyd or Elijah McClain wouldn’t even be counted using their method.
i now see 9, 13, and 15.

how many cops are there?

and how many blacks are murdered by other blacks? so which is a bigger problem for blacks?

still trying to see how you can call
the capital police officers death a murder?
Old 10-10-2021, 01:21 PM   #111
Jim in CT

Quote:
lest you think that method keeps
numbers too low, it would
include a case like michael brown, who was unarmed but who was posing a lethal threat to wilson. unarmed does not necessarily mean innocent.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #112
spence

Quote:
i
still trying to see how you can call
the capital police officers death a murder?
I never did call it a murder, but I’d be willing to wager if the attack had not happened he’d still be alive.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:26 PM   #113
Jim in CT

Quote:
I never did call it a murder, but I’d be willing to wager if the attack had not happened he’d still be alive.
you said he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher. that would t be a murder? we have to argue that now?
Old 10-10-2021, 01:34 PM   #114
spence

Quote:
you said he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher. that would t be a murder? we have to argue that now?
I said he was beaten with a fire extinguisher which was widely reported. The medical examiner said he didn’t have head injuries that would have directly caused his death. It’s really moot at this point, watch the videos of cops being crushed and beaten. I can’t believe more police didn’t die.

Keep trying to downplay the event, it speaks for itself.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #115
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I said he was beaten with a fire extinguisher which was widely reported. The medical examiner said he didn’t have head injuries that would have directly caused his death. It’s really moot at this point, watch the videos of cops being crushed and beaten. I can’t believe more police didn’t die.

Keep trying to downplay the event, it speaks for itself.
It’s the spin the right needs to put on it and Jim gobbles it up from his buddies on the Fox truth network.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:51 PM   #116
spence

Quote:
there are over 700,000 police officers in the US. one out of 80,000 killed an unarmed black man in a whole year. now, one instance is too many, but it’s a rounding error, not an epidemic.

One out of 80,000. That’s pretty close to zero.
I’m still astounded that you work with numbers for a living. Most officers never fire their weapon in the line of duty their entire career. Many never even take it out of their holster. Look at the patterns within departments and individuals.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:57 PM   #117
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’m still astounded that you work with numbers for a living. Most officers never fire their weapon in the line of duty their entire career. Many never even take it out of their holster. Look at the patterns within departments and individuals.
right, most never fire their weapons. and if those 700,000 officers were all a bunch of racist assassins, my qualitative skills tell me there would be more than 13 deaths a year.

you can’t agree with that obvious conclusion for political reasons.

which tragedy is more destructive for blacks, police misconduct or back in black violence? which does more harm, and to what degree?

you have fun with that…
Old 10-10-2021, 03:54 PM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

Young lady, the police play by rules outside the rule of law
Old 10-10-2021, 04:13 PM   #119
Jim in CT

Quote:
Young lady, the police play by rules outside the rule of law
then why is it so beyond rare for them to incorrectly hurt civilians? all those dangerous 911 calls in tense situations, and 15 unarmed blacks killed in all of 2019 in the entire nation? you call that a pandemic? or a rounding error? 700,000+ cops, millions and millions of tense/violent situations,,where is the evidence that they routinely violate the law?

tru answering the same question, tough guy? which force does more damage to blacks? white cops, or black on black crime?
Old 10-10-2021, 04:48 PM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Blacks?
That’s only one part of the games played by cops