Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-11-2021, 04:32 PM   #151
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's an irrelevant question.
only to a huge intellectual
coward.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #152
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
only to a huge intellectual.
Fixed
Old 10-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #153
Jim in CT

Quote:
Fixed
oh yeah, which is why you ran away and hid under your bed when i asked, you’re a pure intellectual for sure, totally objective and neutral.

still haven’t answered. that’s what an intellectual
does?
Old 10-11-2021, 04:42 PM   #154
spence

Quote:
oh yeah, which is why you ran away and hid under your bed when i asked, you’re a pure intellectual for sure, totally objective and neutral.

still haven’t answered. that’s what an intellectual
does?
Jim, you ask pretty banal questions.
Old 10-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #155
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, one last time. which kills waaay more black victims, white cops or black on black crime.
I take it you didn’t read the story of the link I provided …. It’s clearly answers your question

Here it is again Stop using ‘black-on-black’ crime to deflect away from police brutality

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020/...brutality.html

PS I am not Black nor do I chose to speak for the black community about what issues impact them in a positive or negative way ..

Nor do I try to base my arguments on such a simplistic comparison of who’s the better killer

Not just “a few bad apples”: U.S. police kill civilians at much higher rates than other countries
Police violence is a systemic problem in the U.S., not simply incidental, and it happens on a scale far greater than other wealthy nations.

It’s seem you can’t discuss 2 different issues at the same time.. oh well
Old 10-11-2021, 04:59 PM   #156
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I take it you didn’t read the story of the link I provided …. It’s clearly answers your question

Here it is again Stop using ‘black-on-black’ crime to deflect away from police brutality

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020/...brutality.html

PS I am not Black nor do I chose to speak for the black community about what issues impact them in a positive or negative way ..

Nor do I try to base my arguments on such a simplistic comparison of who’s the better killer

Not just “a few bad apples”: U.S. police kill civilians at much higher rates than other countries
Police violence is a systemic problem in the U.S., not simply incidental, and it happens on a scale far greater than other wealthy nations.

It’s seem you can’t discuss 2 different issues at the same time.. oh well
i can discuss two issues, we can talk about actual police brutality. but you refuse to talk about black on black crime, even though it claims a thousand times more black lives than white cops.

you’re the one who can’t discuss two things. not me.
Old 10-11-2021, 06:12 PM   #157
wdmso

Quote:
i can discuss two issues, we can talk about actual police brutality. but you refuse to talk about black on black crime, even though it claims a thousand times more black lives than white cops.

you’re the one who can’t discuss two things. not me.

Jim when you use your black on black crime line to distract from talking about police brutality.

It’s like making sugar cookies then throwing in a handful of chocolate chips .. and saying I didn’t change anything it’s still a cookie

Old 10-12-2021, 03:35 AM   #158
scottw

Quote:

Jim it's very simple when you have Government or authority Killing Americans with impunity with clear disparities based on race there is a problem . but the bigger problem is its accepted by many
this is some incredible stupidity....

Quote:
Please let me know how.. I can’t wait
you characterization is incredibly stupid, we don't have "Government or authority" killing Americans with impunity.....and we don't have Government or authority" killing Americans, particularly Americans of color with impunity....and there is no acceptance of this false notion....

honest question wayne, your hate and vitriol toward law enforcement/police is very apparent and irrational...did you have a bad experience at some point, where does this anger come from?

in each of these cases....I ask myself, if I'd done what the "victim" did, would I have had the same result?...in the case of Floyd...absolutely...if I was hopped up on drugs driving around, did something that required the police to be called and the resisted arrest to the extent that they had to pin me to the ground to control and cuff me and I hit my head or in Floyds case,
The police caused George Floyd’s death, but drugs and heart disease played a role, the medical examiner says.
....you can argue the cop was wrong in what he did and he's now paying the price for making a very poor decision apparently but Floyd also paid the price for what were apparently decades of bad decisions including all of the bad decisions HE made THAT day...have you ever tried to restrain someone that was 6'7" and crazy on drugs?

we can go case by case....there is a reason that in most of these cases the police are not found guilty and it's not due to systemic racism and not the result cops driving around targeting people of color with impunity

the Wendy's shooting in Atlanta, was another....if I'd done what that guy did...yup, I'd expect to get shot

if I do something that causes the police to show up and restrain me and I'm uncooperative or give them reason to think I have a weapon or I'm belligerent and resist arrest, yup...I expect bad things will happen to be....

unfortunately we have a lot of people running around making bad decisions and thinking that there won't be consequences

you can go ahead and take that to mean I accept Government or authority Killing Americans with impunity with clear disparities based on race
Old 10-12-2021, 05:48 AM   #159
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wow talk about stupidity Scott or should I say holding the line, you really think he needed a knee on his neck for that long to subdue him? You are the mirror image of that cops mentality with that post. You’d have fit right in where the Celtic legend Bill Russell couldn’t buy a house.

A little history. Back when America was "great," this man couldn't buy a house in my home town of Wakefield, Massachusetts. He bought one in Reading, next door, where one night a band of Americans broke in, stole his valuables, smashed his trophies, and #^&#^&#^&#^& inside the covers of his and his wife's bed. Yes, #^&#^&#^&#^& on his bed. And every game, he stood stoically for the anthem, looking around at thousands of white faces as they boasted of the "land of the free and the home of the brave."
I could live in Wakefield. But Bill Russell, the greatest player in the history of basketball, the man in this picture wearing his Presidential Medal of Freedom, couldn't.
Don't let anyone tell you there's no such thing as white privilege. Don't let any government official, especially a president, tell you or anyone else when it is appropriate to stand, sit, or kneel in protest. And most of all, don't fall for this MAGA bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:11 AM   #160
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Wow talk about stupidity Scott or should I say holding the line, you really think he needed a knee on his neck for that long to subdue him?
you don't read very well....

"you can argue the cop was wrong in what he did and he's now paying the price for making a very poor decision"
Old 10-12-2021, 06:14 AM   #161
scottw

Quote:

It’s like making sugar cookies then throwing in a handful of chocolate chips .. and saying I didn’t change anything it’s still a cookie

this sounds racist
Old 10-12-2021, 06:14 AM   #162
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

"you can argue the cop was wrong in what he did and he's now paying the price for making a very poor decision"
well yeah but if you read between the lines, you’re saying the cop is a hero.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:16 AM   #163
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wow talk about stupidity Scott or should I say holding the line, you really think he needed a knee on his neck for that long to subdue him? You are the mirror image of that cops mentality with that post. You’d have fit right in where the Celtic legend Bill Russell couldn’t buy a house.

A little history. Back when America was "great," this man couldn't buy a house in my home town of Wakefield, Massachusetts. He bought one in Reading, next door, where one night a band of Americans broke in, stole his valuables, smashed his trophies, and #^&#^&#^&#^& inside the covers of his and his wife's bed. Yes, #^&#^&#^&#^& on his bed. And every game, he stood stoically for the anthem, looking around at thousands of white faces as they boasted of the "land of the free and the home of the brave."
I could live in Wakefield. But Bill Russell, the greatest player in the history of basketball, the man in this picture wearing his Presidential Medal of Freedom, couldn't.
Don't let anyone tell you there's no such thing as white privilege. Don't let any government official, especially a president, tell you or anyone else when it is appropriate to stand, sit, or kneel in protest. And most of all, don't fall for this MAGA bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.
expand in that history lesson just a little, please. which party embraced that segregation, and which party fought against it?

and to show how far they’ve come since those dark days, today liberal
elites are denying college admissions to asians based solely on race, and are segregating college students in black-only dorms and having separate graduation ceremonies based on skin color.

Exactly what Martin Luther King wanted!

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-12-2021 at 06:35 AM..
Old 10-12-2021, 06:27 AM   #164
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim when you use your black on black crime line to distract from talking about police brutality.

i’m not mentioning black on black crime to deflect away from the police. people
with IQs above 65 can think about two things at once. im sorry if you don’t fall into that category.

but we can prioritize.

i mention black on black crime ( and the fact that the left refuses to discuss it) to prove that the left doesn’t really care about black lives. the left is only interested in black deaths which help them win elections, and only deaths at the hands of white cops ( a minuscule percentage of black homicide victims) help
democrats win elections.

Democrats want blacks to stay right where they are. in the cities, in huge numbers, completely dependent on government to survive, with no hope of large scale upward economic mobility. because democrats are afraid if they all
move into the middle class, they’ll vote republican. democrats have replaced 1830s plantations with today’s failing cities. and any black who dares wander off the reservation to identify as a republican, s branded an uncle tom sellout. try making that wrong.

Thats why democrats like all you here, refuse to talk about black on black crime, and things like fatherlessness, which is by far the first thing that needs to be addressed. it’s why you’re all opposed to school choice, despite referring to yourself as pro choice, an idiotic title to bestie upon yourselves. you desperately want them to fail to thrive, so they can remain a reliable
voting block.

liberals see what’s going on in the cities today, and conclude blacks need more of the same. conservatives look at what’s going on in the cities and say that what we’re doing isn’t working, these people deserve better. which is obviously why we advocate for school choice.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:53 AM   #165
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

conservatives look at what’s going on in the cities and say that what we’re doing isn’t working, these people deserve better. which is obviously why we advocate for school choice.
Just NIMBY

As you said before:
“No, because many people work their butts off to be able to move from Hartford to West Hartford specifically for the schools, and they deserve that.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-12-2021, 06:57 AM   #166
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just NIMBY

As you said before:
“No, because many people work their butts off to be able to move from Hartford to West Hartford specifically for the schools, and they deserve that.”
who says not in my backyard? that may be your instinctive reaction, and it’s probably a big reason why liberals oppose school choice. That’s your racism, keep it to yourself please.

i clarified my comment you posted ( you conveniently forgot that) to say that i’m opposed to forcing suburb kids to go to school in the cities. i’m all in favor of getting good students out of the cities failing schools and into good schools. liberals are the ones who oppose that. conservatives love it.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:21 AM   #167
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
who says not in my backyard? that may be your instinctive reaction, and it’s probably a big reason why liberals oppose school choice. That’s your racism, keep it to yourself please.

i clarified my comment you posted ( you conveniently forgot that) to say that i’m opposed to forcing suburb kids to go to school in the cities. i’m all in favor of getting good students out of the cities failing schools and into good schools. liberals are the ones who oppose that. conservatives love it.
But you’re the one who decided that it would become “forced busing”
Redlining and exclusionary zoning is just the workaround

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-12-2021, 07:37 AM   #168
Jim in CT

Quote:
But you’re the one who decided that it would become “forced busing”
Redlining and exclusionary zoning is just the workaround
not sure why this is going too fast for you, but i’m all
in favor of letting city kids choose to divert their tax dollars to get seats in better schools.

That’s pretty simple. if you still don’t get it, that’s your issue, not mine. perhaps try loosening the straps in your tim foil hat. if i could put it in a pop-up book for guy I would, maybe that would help you understand.

it doesn’t necessarily mean forcing suburb kids to cities. but sometimes it leads to that. here in CT, they have talked about regionalizing schools. No thanks.

Liberals oppose school choice. Conservatives love school choice.

Going too fast for you?
Old 10-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #169
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
not sure why this is going too fast for you, but i’m all
in favor of letting city kids choose to divert their tax dollars to get seats in better schools.

That’s pretty simple. if you still don’t get it, that’s your issue, not mine. perhaps try loosening the straps in your tim foil hat. if i could put it in a pop-up book for guy I would, maybe that would help you understand.

it doesn’t necessarily mean forcing suburb kids to cities. but sometimes it leads to that. here in CT, they have talked about regionalizing schools. No thanks. NIMBY

Liberals oppose school choice. Conservatives love school choice.

Going too fast for you?
Oddly enough, Vermont has school choice.

So it looks like you are wrong, or just mislead again and reciting propaganda that fits your narrative.

And no, we are not paying for kids to go to a religion based school.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-12-2021, 08:33 AM   #170
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oddly enough, Vermont has school choice.

And no, we are not paying for kids to go to a religion based school.
So in the same post, you deny that liberals oppose school choice. Then in the next sentence, you adamantly oppose school choice.

You can’t even agree with yourself. That’s what I call howling at the moon.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-12-2021 at 08:47 AM..
Old 10-12-2021, 08:47 AM   #171
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So in the same post, you deny that liberals oppose school choice. Then in the next sentence, you adamantly oppose school choice.
I oppose the use of my tax dollars to fund your religion, Jefferson and Madison did also.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-12-2021, 08:58 AM   #172
Jim in CT

Quote:
I oppose the use of my tax dollars to fund your religion, Jefferson and Madison did also.
i know you oppose it. but you also said i was lying when i said liberals oppose school choice. so you’re saying two contradictory things.

how about my tax dollars? why can’t i use my own tax dollars to send my kids to the school i think is best? why are my tax dollars forcibly taken from
me and given to schools i would t choose to send my kids to? and much of that money goes to teachers unions, who donate it to democrat political campaigns and to planned parenthood. so it’s unfair for your tax dollars to fund things you don’t like, but ok if my tax dollars go to causes i don’t like.

Jim: liberals oppose school choice.

Pete: no they don’t, you’re lying!

Jim: so you support school choice?

Pete: No!

like taking to a three year old.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #173
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i know you oppose it. but you also said i was lying when i said liberals oppose school choice. so you’re saying two contradictory things. I said Vermont has school choice, and by your definition it is a liberal state. If that makes you a liar

how about my tax dollars? why can’t i use my own tax dollars to send my kids to the school i think is best? why are my tax dollars forcibly taken from
me and given to schools i would t choose to send my kids to? and much of that money goes to teachers unions, who donate it to democrat political campaigns and to planned parenthood. so it’s unfair for your tax dollars to fund things you don’t like, but ok if my tax dollars go to causes i don’t like.

For the same reason the rest of us can't use our tax dollars as we choose.

Jim: liberals oppose school choice.

Pete: no they don’t, you’re lying!

Jim: so you support school choice?

Pete: No!

like taking to a three year old.
Once again the mistress of false equivalence demonstrates a complete lack of comprehension

You only like the Constitution when it fits your desires, perhaps the latest appointees will decide it says what you want.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-12-2021, 01:29 PM   #174
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

I read enough to prompt my response, here is what you posted, which suggested the cop was justified.

I ask myself, if I'd done what the "victim" did, would I have had the same result?...in the case of Floyd...absolutely..
Old 10-12-2021, 01:55 PM   #175
Jim in CT

Quote:
Once again the mistress of false equivalence demonstrates a complete lack of comprehension

You only like the Constitution when it fits your desires, perhaps the latest appointees will decide it says what you want.
"I said Vermont has school choice, and by your definition it is a liberal state. If that makes you a liar"

Right, right. If I say "liberals oppose school choice", and you can find a liberal who doesn't oppose school choice, that makes me a liar. So you're also lying if you say "conservatives oppose abortion", because there are some who support abortion. My fault, I sometimes forget how stupid you are. We can't accurately state the general positions the two parties have. Because you don't comprehend it.

"For the same reason the rest of us can't use our tax dollars as we choose."

No no, you are lying! Because there are some places that allow school choice, including the use of tax dollars at religious schools. Liar! In fact, the Supreme Court (Zelman case) specifically upheld this as constitutional. Got any more falsehoods to spew? Do you ever stop making stuff up? Look up the Zelman case, tell me what it said?

Your side just doesn't want those blacks to succeed, any more than they wanted them to escape plantations in the 1800s..

You don't get invited to too many MENSA picnics, do you?
Old 10-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #176
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, you ask pretty banal questions.
And you give swell answers, like

the capital police officer was beaten to death.

Warren didn't flip any foreclosures.

Teachers contracts don't guarantee that all teachers with the same seniority and credentials get the same pay

Those are some real gems.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:50 PM   #177
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"I said Vermont has school choice, and by your definition it is a liberal state. If that makes you a liar"

Right, right. If I say "liberals oppose school choice", and you can find a liberal who doesn't oppose school choice, that makes me a liar. So you're also lying if you say "conservatives oppose abortion", because there are some who support abortion. My fault, I sometimes forget how stupid you are. We can't accurately state the general positions the two parties have. Because you don't comprehend it.

"For the same reason the rest of us can't use our tax dollars as we choose."

No no, you are lying! Because there are some places that allow school choice, including the use of tax dollars at religious schools. Liar! In fact, the Supreme Court (Zelman case) specifically upheld this as constitutional. Got any more falsehoods to spew? Do you ever stop making stuff up? Look up the Zelman case, tell me what it said?

Your side just doesn't want those blacks to succeed, any more than they wanted them to escape plantations in the 1800s.. You're still missing that history lesson about the Southern Strategy

You don't get invited to too many MENSA picnics, do you?
You obviously don't live in Vermont, where paying for school choice is currently under litigation.

The State Board took care to emphasize in its ruling that the order is not setting a precedent. The constitutional principles that govern the appeals are “complicated and not fully settled,” the board wrote, adding later that it could not, “in this context, provide any binding direction to school districts.”

Here's a pretty good lesson about the Southern strategy and how it worked.

https://www.facingsouth.org/2021/01/...thern-strategy

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-12-2021, 03:28 PM   #178
wdmso

Quote:
Quote:

you characterization is incredibly stupid, we don't have "Government or authority" killing Americans with impunity.....and we don't have Government or authority" killing Americans, particularly Americans of color with impunity....and there is no acceptance of this false notion...

seem you need a definition lesion like Jim in the context of the topic

impunity.

exemption from punishment or freedom from the injurious consequences of an action.

Seeing you don’t understand what it means in the context of the topic

Here is another.

Qualified immunity is a defense that law enforcement and other government officials can raise in response to lawsuits seeking monetary damages for alleged civil rights violations. ... Critics argue this high bar effectively shields law enforcement from accountability
So if your a cop you're a representative of the Government..

honest question wayne, your hate and vitriol toward law enforcement/police is very apparent and irrational...did you have a bad experience at some point, where does this anger come from?

I have no hate or Vitriol towards law enforcement if you recall I did 32 years as a corrections officer and shift commander in a prison.. So I have a ton of experience on use of force and wore a sidearm taser in plain clothes in public Transporting Inmates all over the State .. I do have much vitriol for thoses who see shootings of unarmed people or clear uses of excessive force and staff who knowingly and willing use excessive force.. then excuse it with the line they should have just done what they were told .... wanting Accountability is not dislike for police .. unless your a conservative

in each of these cases....I ask myself, if I'd done what the "victim" did, would I have had the same result?...in the case of Floyd...absolutely...if I was hopped up on drugs driving around, did something that required the police to be called and the resisted arrest to the extent that they had to pin me to the ground to control and cuff me and I hit my head or in Floyds case,
The police caused George Floyd’s death, but drugs and heart disease played a role, the medical examiner says.
....you can argue the cop was wrong there's no argument in what he did and he's now paying the price for making a very poor decision that was far beyond a poor decision but keep up the defense apparently but Floyd also paid the price for what were apparently decades of bad decisions including all of the bad decisions HE made THAT day...have you ever tried to restrain someone that was 6'7" and crazy on drugs? yes I have and guess what A knee on the neck was never allowed

we can go case by case....there is a reason that in most of these cases the police are not found guilty and it's not due to systemic racism and not the result cops driving around targeting people of color with impunity.. its called Qualified immunity

the Wendy's shooting in Atlanta, was another....if I'd done what that guy did...yup, I'd expect to get shot.. what while running away? he had a taser as dangerous as a can of pepper spray so he deserved to be shot ok

if I do something that causes the police to show up and restrain me and I'm uncooperative or give them reason to think I have a weapon or I'm belligerent and resist arrest, yup...I expect bad things will happen to be.... please define Bad things but once you are restrained force is required to stop

unfortunately we have a lot of people running around making bad decisions and thinking that there won't be consequences some are cops or the former POTUS

you can go ahead and take that to mean I accept Government or authority Killing Americans with impunity with clear disparities based on race
Boston police arrested a Black man having a stroke.

Boston police did find Copeland slumped in his car and barely conscious in front of the Berklee College of Music. But instead of calling an ambulance, they arrested him. They wrote in their report that they smelled alcohol,

It was one of a series of errors that night that ultimately led to a $1.3 million settlement with the city, one of the largest of its kind in recent years. https://www.wbur.org/news/2021/10/12...uct-settlement..

Police fired 24 shots at a handcuffed man. Why didn't they turn on their body cameras? PS he was running away they said he had a gun but clearly no in his hands

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-they-n1264887

Sorry Police need to held accountable shooting unarmed people because you thought they had a gun and that's your defense you shouldn't be a Cop..

even in a combat zone I couldn't shoot an Iraqi because I thought he had a gun .. I am sure some did ..
Old 10-12-2021, 03:34 PM   #179
wdmso

Quote:
i’m not mentioning black on black crime to deflect away from the police. people
with IQs above 65 can think about two things at once. im sorry if you don’t fall into that category.

ok jim you win i can't defeat your idiocy next time we talk about a topic .. I'll start talking about tuna fishing even if it's not relevant .. Just to prove . I can talk about 2 different things at the same time
Old 10-12-2021, 03:58 PM   #180
Jim in CT

Quote:
ok jim you win i can't defeat your idiocy next time we talk about a topic .. I'll start talking about tuna fishing even if it's not relevant .. Just to prove . I can talk about 2 different things at the same time
According to Spence, 13 unarmed blacks were killed by cops in 2019. According to the FBI, 8,600 blacks were homicide victims in 2020/

I say we should work to address police brutality and black on black crime, but that we should allocate resources and energy to those problems according to the magnitude of each issue. One issue claims 660 times more black lives than the other.

You say it's "idiocy" to give any weight to the difference in magnitude of those crises. You are entitled to that opinion.