Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-27-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Trump is a xenophobe?

A xenophobe is someone who dislikes foreigners.

Trump is married to a foreigner.

Trump has overseen a 5-year high in approved citizenship applications.

Trump is an egomaniac, he objectifies women, he says outlandish, vindictive things. He should be held accountable for these things.

What he's not, is a xenophobe.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...s8tBKhQkSGFu58
Old 07-27-2019, 11:41 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

1,318 days since calling Trump a "race-baiting, xenophobic bigot," Lindsey Graham is very angry that Trump is being called a racist
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-28-2019, 06:14 AM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
A xenophobe is someone who dislikes foreigners.

Trump is married to a foreigner.

Trump has overseen a 5-year high in approved citizenship applications.

Trump is an egomaniac, he objectifies women, he says outlandish, vindictive things. He should be held accountable for these things.

What he's not, is a xenophobe.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...s8tBKhQkSGFu58
He love foreigners provided they come from certain countries, I guess you haven’t been paying attention. Go to work tomorrow and suggest to the first person with dark skin they should go back to the #^&#^&#^&#^&hole country they came from, or find someone with a disability and mock them, then go grab the hottie in the break room by the pussy and then call the two ugly women dog faces on the way to the HR office to get fired. If ANY one of us did one of these things in the modern work place, you would either be fired or on probation, do it again and it’s out the door and likely into court to defend a lawsuit. Oh you are so proud of the fact you have continued to state how deplorable his behavior is, yet continue to defend him and will vote for him again. There is a word for that it’s called hypocrisy.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:37 AM   #4
scottw

we were told during the clinton years that he could be a complete dirtbag on one hand and a fabulous executive at the same time and that we needed to separate the two...we were told regarding obama that things that he done and said and his associations and inexperience were irrelevant when judging his ability to lead the country

how come when you start agreeing with leftists they call you a hypocrite?

bottom line is he's still better than the democrat line up of all stars
Old 07-28-2019, 07:44 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
He love foreigners provided they come from certain countries, I guess you haven’t been paying attention. Go to work tomorrow and suggest to the first person with dark skin they should go back to the #^&#^&#^&#^&hole country they came from, or find someone with a disability and mock them, then go grab the hottie in the break room by the pussy and then call the two ugly women dog faces on the way to the HR office to get fired. If ANY one of us did one of these things in the modern work place, you would either be fired or on probation, do it again and it’s out the door and likely into court to defend a lawsuit. Oh you are so proud of the fact you have continued to state how deplorable his behavior is, yet continue to defend him and will vote for him again. There is a word for that it’s called hypocrisy.
problem for you is, he also suggested that the kneeling NFL players, black and white, would perhaps be happier if they left the country, if they hate it so much.

Your problem, like many liberals, is that every time you see Trump bring mean to someone who isn't white, you see racism. But it's only racism, if he treats white people who act the same way, differently. Is Trump more tolerant of white people who disagree with him? No. Therefore, it's not racist. It's vindictive, insensitive, thin-skinned, and juvenile. But not racist, unless their race plays a role. Trump is a horses azz to everyone who is critical of him, regardless of race.

Find me a case where a white immigrant from Albania attacks Trump and he responds by saying "well we all have a right to our opinion", and then you have a point. If he's a jerk to everyone regardless of race, then he's a jerk, not a racist.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:03 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
problem for you is, he also suggested that the kneeling NFL players, black and white, would perhaps be happier if they left the country, if they hate it so much.

Your problem, like many liberals, is that every time you see Trump bring mean to someone who isn't white, you see racism. But it's only racism, if he treats white people who act the same way, differently. Is Trump more tolerant of white people who disagree with him? No. Therefore, it's not racist. It's vindictive, insensitive, thin-skinned, and juvenile. But not racist, unless their race plays a role. Trump is a horses azz to everyone who is critical of him, regardless of race.

Find me a case where a white immigrant from Albania attacks Trump and he responds by saying "well we all have a right to our opinion", and then you have a point. If he's a jerk to everyone regardless of race, then he's a jerk, not a racist.
Jim you suffering from Willful negligence .. look at his latest attacks on Rep. Elijah Cummings. Pay close attention of his word usage. rat and rodent infested.”
Old 07-28-2019, 11:30 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim you suffering from Willful negligence .. look at his latest attacks on Rep. Elijah Cummings. Pay close attention of his word usage. rat and rodent infested.”
orkin says that baltimore is one of the most rat infested cities in the nation. is orkin racist? should
they have said
that beverly hills
is themost rat infested?

again, you did what GS did. You saw trump say something obnoxious to a black critic, and you assumed racism. liberals do that a lot.

https://patch.com/maryland/baltimore...ties-u-s-orkin
Old 07-28-2019, 11:50 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Read the meat of my post, it has nothing to do with racism, it has to do with the absolute deplorable, evil, nasty, mean and totally inappropriate way he treats anyone that bugs him for any reason and that you in particular keep saying how bad that all is, yet continue to defend him and will vote for the scum bag in for another four years. I get your point that he treats everyone badly, but his family history and numerous statements since he ran and the continued behavior in office towards people without white skin seem to suggest that he racist. Sure it might be masked by the crappy behavior in general, but I think he has killed the black vote, the Hispanic vote and likely the women voting. He can pay a handful of women to hold up the signs his campaign printed out saying women for Trump, or get a handful of black and Hispanics sprinkled in as well, but the truth is his base hasn’t changed, if anything it’s shrunk.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:00 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Read the meat of my post, it has nothing to do with racism, it has to do with the absolute deplorable, evil, nasty, mean and totally inappropriate way he treats anyone that bugs him for any reason and that you in particular keep saying how bad that all is, yet continue to defend him and will vote for the scum bag in for another four years. I get your point that he treats everyone badly, but his family history and numerous statements since he ran and the continued behavior in office towards people without white skin seem to suggest that he racist. Sure it might be masked by the crappy behavior in general, but I think he has killed the black vote, the Hispanic vote and likely the women voting. He can pay a handful of women to hold up the signs his campaign printed out saying women for Trump, or get a handful of black and Hispanics sprinkled in as well, but the truth is his base hasn’t changed, if anything it’s shrunk.
i’m not defending trump, i’m
defending honesty. you say yourself hes a jerk to everyone who disagrees with him, so it’s not racism when he does it to minorities.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m not buying that logic, but I hope he keeps it up, the more voting blocks he pisses of, the less likely he wins another term; assuming he makes it that far.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:10 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’m not buying that logic,
interesting since it was partly your logic. you said he’s rude to all people who disagree with him. you can google the awful
things he has said to white people who criticize him.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No I said he masks his racist views well by being so nasty to anyone that pisses him off, but the manor he goes after people of color is a bit extreme and another level of nasty
Old 07-28-2019, 03:34 PM   #13
Jim in CT

here, Bernie Sanders compares Baltimore to a third world country. But that’s not racist, because liberals like Bernie.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...3wGQ8_PxpiQQig
Old 07-28-2019, 05:28 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Mulvaney also spent the day defending Trumps tweets about the horrors of poverty in Cummings district on the political talk shows.

Kind of the pot calling the kettle black, but it certainly is not honesty.

Poverty rate in MD-7 (Cummings district): 16.6%

Poverty rate in SC-5 (Mulvaney’s old district): 14.9%

Boggles the mind how many people, including the President think members of Congress run major metropolitan governments.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-28-2019, 07:37 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
I’m not buying that logic, but I hope he keeps it up, the more voting blocks he pisses of, the less likely he wins another term; assuming he makes it that far.
I imagine many in those voting blocks might agree with trump and wonder why their congress people spend so much time worrying about people that sneak into the country illegally and other things rather than addressing the districts they were elected to represent and the deplorable conditions there
Old 07-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #16
scottw

Quote:
orkin says that baltimore is one of the most rat infested cities in the nation. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
one of many....

California’s rat population has been exploding because of post-drought environmental reasons, the spread of filth caused by the growing homeless population, and the refusal of some cities to deal with the problem. If you ignore disease-carrying rats, it won’t take long to have more disease-carrying rats. A recent survey of pest-control companies found virtually all of them reporting dramatic increases in rat infestations.

“The state is seeing a troubling resurgence of rodents, which can carry a wide array of diseases that have been around since the Middle Ages,” the Sacramento Bee reported. “The metropolis of Los Angeles County, for one, has seen skyrocketing cases of one such disease, typhus.” In fact, the rat infestation had gotten so bad that rats had forced the California EPA to shut down its playground out of fear that workers’ kids would contract diseases.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:57 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I imagine many in those voting blocks might agree with trump and wonder why their congress people spend so much time worrying about people that sneak into the country illegally and other things rather than addressing the districts they were elected to represent and the deplorable conditions there
So you believe that’s all he thinks about and that drives all he does in Washington? Well I guess from that we can assume you also believe he governs his district and is capable of making changes to clean up his rat infested district.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:32 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

From Twitter
I just asked my neighbor why he removed the Trump sign from his lawn, where it had been since 2016. He replied, “I couldn’t ignore his racism any longer. My son [10 years old] asked why I still support him, and I had no answer. If you lose your kid’s respect, you’ve got nothing.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Old 07-29-2019, 04:58 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

So you believe that’s all he thinks about and that drives all he does in Washington? Well I guess from that we can assume

assume what you want.....maybe that's part of your problem

he's been in office and in Washington for a very long time and his district is a disaster.....why are you making excuses ?
Old 07-29-2019, 05:53 AM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m not making excuses, his position and the fact he has been given subpoena power to look at Jared and Ivanka’s emails is one of the reasons Trump attacks him. Actually go back and look at the dozens and dozens of elected officials he has attacked and tell me you don’t see a pattern and I hope you aren’t just buying every vile hateful thing he has claimed as truth. I can’t defend Cummings, I don’t know a lot about the man or his district, but I think I have a pretty good idea who Trump is, so I don’t believe anything coming out of his mouth. Amazing to me a president who wants to be elected by the people and work (fat chance for the majority) for the people, would unzip and piss all over an entire district right in the backyard of his office. I’d flip the question around why are you defending Trumps behavior? Do you allow your children to watch TV and see the wonderful role model Trump has become?
Old 07-29-2019, 06:11 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:

Amazing to me a president who wants to be elected by the people and work (fat chance for the majority) for the people, would unzip and piss all over an entire district right in the backyard of his office.

he didn't pee on the people, he criticized the people who have, for decades, presided over the demise and current state of the district....I bet the people are with trump in this regard...the left is apoplectic because they know he has a point so as usual they call it racism...if trump said the sky is blue...the left would call it racism...it's pretty funny/sad at this point

he should make every congressperson and mayor defend the crappy conditions in their districts and communities as they blabber on about impeachment and free healthcare for non-citizens, make california politicians defend their tent cities, feces on sidewalks and rat infestations and then watch the dems make the same lame excuses

Providence just had to turn over control of it's schools to the state they are so mismanaged and decrepit and this is not unique

[Blistering report details abject dysfunction and dangerous schools in Providence, R.I.]

The report, by researchers from the Johns Hopkins Institute for Education Policy, revealed miserable conditions and governance issues in the schools that have helped create an environment in which the vast majority of students don’t learn at or even near grade level, and adults and kids feel unsafe in their schools.

Last edited by scottw; 07-29-2019 at 06:23 AM..
Old 07-29-2019, 06:22 AM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The people from Baltimore might not agree with your assessment, especially when he states NO human would want to live there, but keep waving your red hat and defending him. I expect no less and I'm sure you expect I will continue to criticize him; but I see things only getting more vile, more angry, more hateful, the campaign TV coverage will need a disclaimer to remove your children from the room.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:26 AM   #24
scottw

Quote:
The people from Baltimore might not agree with your assessment, especially when he states NO human would want to live there, but keep waving your red hat and defending him. I expect no less and I'm sure you expect I will continue to criticize him; but I see things only getting more vile, more angry, more hateful, the campaign TV coverage will need a disclaimer to remove your children from the room.
you are not thinking
Old 07-29-2019, 06:31 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
he didn't pee on the people, he criticized the people who have, for decades, presided over the demise and current state of the district....I bet the people are with trump in this regard...the left is apoplectic because they know he has a point so as usual they call it racism...if trump said the sky is blue...the left would call it racism...it's pretty funny/sad at this point

he should make every congressperson and mayor defend the crappy conditions in their districts and communities as they blabber on about impeachment and free healthcare for non-citizens, make california politicians defend their tent cities, feces on sidewalks and rat infestations and then watch the dems make the same lame excuses
Since this is the rubric for good performance as a Congressman, Trump might look at Kentucky with a 17.2% poverty rate and ask why #MoscowMitch hasn't done anything about it despite his 5 terms in Congress. You can toss opiods in with that, since it also a big issue in #MoscowMitch's home state.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2019, 06:50 AM   #26
Sea Dangles

Obama is the person who did nothing about opioids

Pathetic
Old 07-29-2019, 06:51 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Obama is the person who did nothing about opioids

Pathetic
trump should run on "change and hope" for America's inner cities
Old 07-29-2019, 07:00 AM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Getting ready to move my daughter down to Baltimore on Friday, went down there in June to help her do some apartment hunting. There are some nice areas and there are some where you would need an armed escort to drive through. Inner harbor is georgeous.

Wife hasn't seen the place yet, got a feeling I'm going to have to put her on Valium after we drop her off.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-29-2019, 08:38 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

There is always a tweet for that, I'm concerned that Trump hasn't already fixed Baltimore himself. He's had years to do it.
I guess he's been busy watching TV (I'll never have time to watch TV, he claimed) and playing golf.

Trump promised never to golf. I guess that was like Mexico paying for the wall. Instead, he’s spent more than twice as many days golfing as Obama at the same point, with an estimated cost to taxpayers of over 100 million dollars and almost exclusively at Trump clubs. Hey, might just as well line his pockets with our money.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
"
@jrondatampier
: If Obama isnt able to solve Baltimore´s issue, no chance to solve China´s & OPEC´s abuses. The World asks for leadership!
9:28 AM · May 7, 2015·Twitter for Android

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
President Obama, you have a big job to do. Go to Baltimore and bring both sides together. With proper leadership, it can be done! Do it.
7:55 AM · Apr 28, 2015·Twitter for Android

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
"
@Vanderpunked
: Can we drop @realDonaldTrump off in the middle of #Baltimore so he can show Obama how it's done?" I would fix it fast!
7:31 AM · Apr 28, 2015·Twitter for Android

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2019, 09:38 AM   #30
Sea Dangles

Maybe he is like you in this instance PeteF. You know,doesn’t watch tv and only gets his news online.