Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-16-2021, 03:26 PM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso said that the gop was claiming it’s at an all
time high.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Here’s my quote Jim

And of course the right is trying to suggest these gas prices have never happened before

SUGGEST do you understand what that means like you suggesting it’s all Biden’s fault .. oh wait that’s not a suggestion is it
Old 10-16-2021, 03:28 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Here’s my quote Jim

And of course the right is trying to suggest these gas prices have never happened before

SUGGEST do you understand what that means like you suggesting it’s all Biden’s fault .. oh wait that’s not a suggestion is it
for the tenth time, who in the right is suggesting that gas has never been at $85 a barrel before? no one said that.

it’s a lot higher than it was not long ago. much of that has nothing to do with biden. i believe some of it does.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:41 PM   #63
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso that was a lengthy dodge.

Now facts are a dodge classic

Here’s another what I posted

And of course the right is trying to suggest these gas prices have never happened before..

Please show me where I said Highest you just keep changing what I said

From Webster
Suggestion
cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:55 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now facts are a dodge classic

Here’s another what I posted

And of course the right is trying to suggest these gas prices have never happened before..

Please show me where I said Highest you just keep changing what I said

From Webster
Suggestion
cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case.
so when you said “prices have never been here”, you didn’t mean the prices were the highest ever?

so you meant the lowest ever? because that’s even more stupid.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:28 PM   #65
Jim in CT

wayne, show me where multiple prominent republicans with real influence who speak for the right, recently said that oil prices have never been here before, and i’ll send you $100 cash in the mail.

Oil was $125 a barrel a few years ago ( and we’re headed there again). you’d have to be a world class moron to say we’ve never had these oil prices before. i’d like to know who said that, so that i know never, ever to listen to that person.

but obviously i think you made it up.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:45 PM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, show me where multiple prominent republicans with real influence who speak for the right, recently said that oil prices have never been here before, and i’ll send you $100 cash in the mail.

Oil was $125 a barrel a few years ago ( and we’re headed there again). you’d have to be a world class moron to say we’ve never had these oil prices before. i’d like to know who said that, so that i know never, ever to listen to that person.

but obviously i think you made it up.
Your just beyond ignorant. I hate to be so rude and blunt.. but your worth it

Enjoy your singularly myopic vision of the world
Old 10-16-2021, 08:07 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your just beyond ignorant. I hate to be so rude and blunt.. but your worth it

so that means you can’t provide any suooort for your accusation. and i can keep my $100?

republicans do enough stupid things where you don’t have to make stuff up out of thin air.
Old 10-17-2021, 02:40 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:

but your worth it

according to the experts and probably some scientists.....

SUCCESS- The 11 extremely common grammar mistakes that make people cringe—and make you look less smart:

Word experts
Published Wed, Mar 24 2021

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/24/comm...d-experts.html
Old 10-17-2021, 07:54 AM   #69
wdmso

Quote:
so that means you can’t provide any suooort for your accusation. and i can keep my $100?

republicans do enough stupid things where you don’t have to make stuff up out of thin air.
Jim the only person making stuff is you . Keep your 100 and I suggest use for counseling..

And again learn what suggest means when used in a sentence
Old 10-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim the only person making stuff is you . Keep your 100 and I suggest use for counseling..

And again learn what suggest means when used in a sentence
who suggested we’ve never seen these oil
prices before?

you’re going to amazing lengths to avoid answering.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #71
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
according to the experts and probably some scientists.....

SUCCESS- The 11 extremely common grammar mistakes that make people cringe—and make you look less smart:

Word experts
Published Wed, Mar 24 2021

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/24/comm...d-experts.html
Policing my grammar Scott is you more likely trying to show us your intellectual superiority.. but whatever you need to feel big and make it thru the day
Old 10-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #72
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Policing my grammar Scott is you more likely trying to show us your intellectual superiority.. but whatever you need to feel big and make it thru the day
Yup he is a peace of work, grammar police is a high aspiration and a lofty goal in life. He mastered snarky and is moving on to higher goals. Left one word in this post for him to have fun with.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:03 AM   #73
wdmso

Quote:
who suggested we’ve never seen these oil
prices before?

you’re going to amazing lengths to avoid answering.
Jim your the most desperate person I've dealt with in a while .. its beyond childness .. looking for a answer to a question you made up.

Gas Price Wars Are Back and More Incoherent Than Ever
The latest front in the GOP’s misinformation war exposes the chaotic nature of the country’s relationship with gasoline.

Gas prices in the United States are rising. “Since President Biden took office, average gas prices are up more than 50 cents a gallon,” Florida Senator Rick Scott proclaimed in a written statement last week.

So jim if i use your Logic (lack of it I ) I should think Scott is lying and ask him show me where this has never happened Before ? because he never said it hadn't happened?

tell me he is not suggesting like you ! that this is All Bidens fault (no historical context attached )

Just like inflation the port issues the rise in food and gas prices

all the experts tell us it's because of the opening of the economy covid in Asia disrupting the supply trains and increase in demand worldwide

But republicans suggest its all Bidens fault

I will be waiting for you to show me a republican who isn't Blaming Biden and tells his supporters the Truth on what actually happening

you can't because the suggestion is more powerful than the truth and a suggestion is hard to call a lie ... except for you that is
Old 10-17-2021, 09:17 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim your the most desperate person I've dealt with in a while .. its beyond childness .. looking for a answer to a question you made up.

Gas Price Wars Are Back and More Incoherent Than Ever
The latest front in the GOP’s misinformation war exposes the chaotic nature of the country’s relationship with gasoline.

Gas prices in the United States are rising. “Since President Biden took office, average gas prices are up more than 50 cents a gallon,” Florida Senator Rick Scott proclaimed in a written statement last week.

So jim if i use your Logic (lack of it I ) I should think Scott is lying and ask him show me where this has never happened Before ? because he never said it hadn't happened?

tell me he is not suggesting like you ! that this is All Bidens fault (no historical context attached )

Just like inflation the port issues the rise in food and gas prices

all the experts tell us it's because of the opening of the economy covid in Asia disrupting the supply trains and increase in demand worldwide

But republicans suggest its all Bidens fault

I will be waiting for you to show me a republican who isn't Blaming Biden and tells his supporters the Truth on what actually happening

you can't because the suggestion is more powerful than the truth and a suggestion is hard to call a lie ... except for you that is
saying gas prices are increasing, and saying gas prices have never been at this level, are two different statements.

so because biden is president, we shouldn’t be commenting on the multiple challenges we are facing?

in 2008 the subprime mortgages crashed the economy. bush was president. everyone on the left said it was his fault, even though he obviously didn’t tell anyone to buy more house than they could afford, and it was bill
clinton and a republican congress who signed the law allowing banks to invest deep in things like fishy, mortgage-backed derivatives. but Bush was blamed by the entire left.

Right or wrong, the sitting potus tends to get credit/blame for what happens on his watch. as i said, no matter who was potus, oil
prices had to go up when global demand started increasing again. that’s not remotely his fault. but his anti-fossil fuel positions, as well as the belief that the middle east is less likely to stabilize with a weak-minded alzheimer’s patient as potus, will likely also lead to increases in oil.

i didn’t invent any of that. things have always been that way, and you don’t quarrel with it when it helps your side.

why would i be desperate? biden’s numbers are tanking, and i’m doing insane with the oil investments i msde. everything is good here.

you blatantly lied about what republicans are suggesting, and i kept calling you out in it. that’s not desperation, it’s sport.

we can’t know what oil prices would be if trump had won. what we know is that biden is potus, and oil
prices are soaring. people aren’t driving like we used to, so maybe that’s not a huge deal to many ( again, it’s hugely beneficial
to me). broad inflation that’s in the high single digits, will be noticed.

which is also not all his fault. both parties have been pumping so much cash into the economy, and inflation had been so low for so long, meaningful inflation was inevitable at some point. but it happened on his watch, and he’s also contributing to it with the massive spending he supports.

politics is a tough game. he’s a sitting president who is dealing with multiple challenges at the moment. and he’s a guy who won not because america likes his policies, but rather he won because we hated the previous potus personally. biden can no longer succeed just by saying “i’m not trump”, he’s standing on his own now, we see him clearly
for what he is, and people aren’t all
that thrilled about what they see.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:17 PM   #75
scottw

Quote:

Jim your the most desperate person I've dealt with in a while .. its beyond childness ..
Is “childness” even a word?
Old 10-17-2021, 01:19 PM   #76
scottw

Quote:
Not really. Just trying to help you not sound less smart….unless you want to sound less smart?
Old 10-17-2021, 01:20 PM   #77
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Yup he is a peace of work, grammar police is a high aspiration and a lofty goal in life. He mastered snarky and is moving on to higher goals. Left one word in this post for him to have fun with.
You do a fabulous job sounding less smart…keep up the good work