Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 01-31-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
hunan

plug kit ??

does anyone carry the full spectrum of plug kits? i can't really turn any wood right now (too much car stuff taking up too much room) but i can build and paint. i see that njtackle carries a swimmer and will probably go with that but i am looking to build about a half dozen of each. polaris, swimmers , needlefish etc. just like to get it all in one place if i could. thanks.

no signature required.
hunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #2
Diamond Tackle

Hunan,
I am working on this. Dannys, A-40s,Goo Goo Eyes, 3 Surfsters,and a BUNCH of others. We will have swimmers in Western Red and AYC Cedar, Maple, and now also in BASSWOOD, already sanded, ready to seal and paint. Basswood is an absolute pleasure to work with btw. Come to the Plug Fest & see them in person.
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& also has some plug bodies.If you contact him he can set you up with some im sure. He may have some poppers and needlefish right now also.

Diamond Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:04 AM   #3
hunan

hey tinman, i hoped you'd chime in. the plugfest is about 10 minutes from my house. i'll be there for sure. thanks.

no signature required.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

hey hunan, you slipping out of the closet?

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
hunan

ha ha! naw i just like to paint 'em up perty that's all. my perty and the rest of you guys's perty are 2 very different things. had a lathe hook-up but my bud left his wife and it's in his father-in-law's barn. probably not a good idea to go back there just yet. if i buy kits, i won't have to experiment and add weight here add one there, that's al been done for me. this is just a little easier that's all. if i could sell all my car stuff then you'd see me come out of the (plug building) closet. hey afterhours, aren't you supposed to be building plugs? good bye, got to shovel more snow off the roof.

no signature required.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #6
henrik_suhr

Hey, new to this. Got some kits last year but lost the instructions on how to use the through body wire and terminate it.
Also need to know the "best" way to seal the wood and first paint to use as beginner.
Thanks for the help
henrik_suhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

All your answers should be in the search department above

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote