Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 10-27-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
Rob Rockcrawler

WTS/Trade 11' Tiralejo new version

I picked this rod up 2 weeks ago from the Saltwater Edge on my way to the BI ferry. Bought the rod because my buddy has the 10'6' version and loves it. Also i wanted a 2 piece 11'er that would fit in my truck. This rod is not for me. I am use to fishing rods that are way more parabolic. I used the rod for 1 3 hour plugging session and a couple of chunking expeditions on the island. Looking to get 275 for it, i paid 299.99. Its not a bad chunking rod but that is far from what i bought it for. Would love to trade it for a century stealth 11'.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:51 AM   #2
iamskippy

This season i have used the gloomis imx series. I used the 1205 and the 1325 both rated the same.

I hate the 1325 but i love the 1205 wish i would have kept it what a difference that foot made i am thinking of doing a comparison write up for the site.

I feel your pain.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #3
striperswiper75

I have an S1 Stealth 2 piece rated 1-4oz that I would trade. What did you not like about the Shimano? What other blank would you compare it to?
striperswiper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
Rob Rockcrawler

I didn't like how fast the action is. Also its rated 3-6 and i think it's legit. I throw about 5 plugs that weigh in around 3.75-4.75 ounces and i only throw a few times a year. My current 11' rod that i have been using is a lami SSU 11' and i really like the action, its pretty slow but since its a 1 piece i cant really transport it anymore. This was an impulse buy i went to the SWE at 10 AM, trying to get on standby on the 11 AM ferry, i grabbed the rod off the rack asked the guy if i could try to fit it in my truck, it fit, i bought it and had buyers remorse. What kind of condition is the stealth? Distance to center of reel seat?

Old 10-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
striperswiper75

I can check on the reel seat distance when I get home later, prob after 10pm though. I have only used the rod a few times myself. It is in very good condition and never fished around rocks. The grip has been beefed up to add additional width to the butt section. Probably at least 1 under layer of cork tape w x flock over it. I believe the rod has K frames all the way to tip; but I will also check on that later
Old 10-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
striperswiper75

6 guides and a tip. Rod is in very good condition. Reel seat is about 24.5 inches at center First guides foot starts at 69 inches from the butt and ends a little bit over 72 inches (guide foot to guide foot).

I can't seem to upload pics but can email them to you if needed.

It all started last year during a terrible thunderstorm, when I locked myself out of the house. Shelving myself with a large piece of sheet metal, I ran for cover under the tallest tree I could find!
Old 11-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #7
GMAN

Hey rob do you want to trade for the older version.I have the 10'6 2-6 that use only a handfull and in very good condition. Don't like it too soft for me. And. Could add some cash to the trade.
GMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #8
Rob Rockcrawler

Thanks for the offer Gman but im going to pass. I have used that rod and it throws nice but not really what im looking for.