Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #61
scottw

yes, free stuff ...pencils given away to patrons of a convention or toasters for opening a checking account is a far cry from the dependence and government handouts that jpt was referencing.....the state and those invested in the expansion of it spend a considerable amount of time trying to convince as many Americans(legal and illegal) as possible that they are entitled and deserving of these handouts and transfers....you have to remember that swollen dependency programs are their best indication of the effectiveness of their policies........ if they don't "perceive" stuff as "free"...it's because wordsmiths like Spence have been telling them in many ways for the last 50 years that it is, in fact, something that they are deserving of and indefinitely entitled to just though the very nature of their being or perceived need, sins of the past and on and on..., it's what makes America great...right???, ...and that those who would withhold, take it away or refuse to pay their fair share are the enemy....if you read the Bible, this is the language of Satan of the Bible...."who told you right is not wrong and up is not down"...." if you simply do as I say, I will give you everything"....sewing the seeds of hatred and discontent all along the way....it's not at all the natural order of things...humanity

many Americans, who I believe, base on conversations that I've had, and who have fully supported these programs and their authors for years, not because Ponzi schemes make much sense but because when they look in the mirror they see a better person for having supported these things, are now understanding to one degree or another that it's not at all compassion but rather, the perpetual growth of an administrative state that gorges on freedom and liberty....funny to hear them blame it on those who didn't do enough to stop it rather that those who did all that they could, with their help and votes ...to create it...

Last edited by scottw; 08-22-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #62
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

many Americans, who I believe, base on conversations that I've had, and who have fully supported these programs and their authors for years, not because Ponzi schemes make much sense but because when they look in the mirror they see a better person for having supported these things, are now understanding to one degree or another that it's not at all compassion but rather, the perpetual growth of an administrative state that gorges on freedom and liberty....funny to hear them blame it on those who didn't do enough to stop it rather that those who did all that they could, with their help and votes ...to create it...
Starting with FDR and followed by Johnson with his "Great Society", these programs have continued to go on for selfish vote getting reasons. While there may have been some altruistic reasons for starting them to help people get back on their feet, they have turned it into a self defeating disaster.

They have created a culture that has done away with self reliance, the feeling of self worth and the ambition to succeed. There is no obligation whatsoever for the recipient of these programs. It has become, "give a man a fish every day of his life."
There is no incentive for people to get out of these programs, because they are programed to give just enough to create a lazy life without any feeling of needing to work.
There are many people who truly need a specific program to help get them back on their feet, but this has become cadre blanch for every Tom, #^&#^&#^&#^& and Harry and they are milking it for all it's worth, in the end cheating themselves and the tax payer. The only winners are the Politicians who exploit all of us for the sake of a vote.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #63
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
you're a sick sick man.

one day i will leave a gremlin in your driveway as a present.
That was my first car back in the 77. 6cyl,3speed on the tree and an 8 track player I added....
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #64
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Smile

Hey Mac,

" Choose Life "
Old 09-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #65
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Menino says, "blow up Detroit and start over again."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device