Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-11-2020, 06:22 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Biden confronting Michigan worker

a blue collar worker told
Biden he was trying to take away the mans second amendment rights.

Biden could have said “look, even the guy who wrote the second amendment later banned guns on a college campus, so like the rest of the freedoms in the bill of rights, the second amendment isn’t absolute.”

Nope.

Biden told the man “you’re full of #^&#^&#^&#^&”. Then when the man said “you work for me”, Biden said “i don’t work for you” ( not sure who Biden thinks the president works for), then a female staffer desperately tried to get the demented Biden away from the camera, he repeatedly told her to “shoosh”.

Ok, all the snowflakes who complain when trump acts like a horses azz and mistreats people
and disrespects women, let’s hear it. What say you?

Trump is a jerk, there is no denying it. there’s also no denying that Biden is becoming feeble.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:25 AM   #2
PaulS

There will be times I cringe if Biden bc Pres. However, I won't ever be ashamed he is our Pres.

Snowflakes - see I told you that you are an angry person and can't help yourself.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:44 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
a blue collar worker told
Biden he was trying to take away the mans second amendment rights.

Biden could have said “look, even the guy who wrote the second amendment later banned guns on a college campus, so like the rest of the freedoms in the bill of rights, the second amendment isn’t absolute.”

Nope.

Biden told the man “you’re full of #^&#^&#^&#^&”. Then when the man said “you work for me”, Biden said “i don’t work for you” ( not sure who Biden thinks the president works for), then a female staffer desperately tried to get the demented Biden away from the camera, he repeatedly told her to “shoosh”.

Ok, all the snowflakes who complain when trump acts like a horses azz and mistreats people
and disrespects women, let’s hear it. What say you?

Trump is a jerk, there is no denying it. there’s also no denying that Biden is becoming feeble.
But . . . wasn't Biden right? If the 2A has no absolute quality, then it is not unalienable, so the government is not constitutionally bound to protect or preserve it, and so it has every right to abridge it in any way that might be better for the American people. Therefor, the blue collar worker was wrong in thinking he had any absolute right guaranteed by the 2A.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:01 AM   #4
spence

Guy was pushing lies, Biden gave him the straight talk...it’s why so many Americans like Joe.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-11-2020, 07:11 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

There will be times I cringe if Biden bc Pres. However, I won't ever be ashamed he is our Pres.
don't worry...he won't be
Old 03-11-2020, 07:19 AM   #6
wdmso

Sorry Jim if Trump can do it. And you dont care , you got no legs to stand on with Bidens behavior..

REPUBLICAN Trump shows strength,,, Biden hes disrespects voter ?..
Old 03-11-2020, 07:38 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Sorry Jim if Trump can do it. And you dont care , you got no legs to stand on with Bidens behavior..

you have it wrong...we encourage this behavior from biden
Old 03-11-2020, 07:38 AM   #8
Sea Dangles

Joey’s straight talk includes mistaking his sister for his wife on super Thursday.🥴
Old 03-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

The Stable Genius on the 2A

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-11-2020, 08:30 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

They were both knuckleheads in this exchange.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:26 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

Snowflakes - see I told you that you are an angry person and can't help yourself.
you’re not very skilled at interpreting tone. i am happy at the prospect of trump running against an idiot who told a blue collar worker in a key swing state that (1) the citizen is full of sh*t, and (2) the the president doesn’t work for the citizens. Let’s see how that attitude plays in PA, OH, MI, WI. I probably agree with Biden on gun control, but you can’t speak to people that way, an auto worker in Michigan?

Curious why that behavior doesn’t embarrass you.

Anyway, zero anger here, I’m very happy about the chances of defeating Biden.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:28 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
But . . . wasn't Biden right? If the 2A has no absolute quality, then it is not unalienable, so the government is not constitutionally bound to protect or preserve it, and so it has every right to abridge it in any way that might be better for the American people. Therefor, the blue collar worker was wrong in thinking he had any absolute right guaranteed by the 2A.
i’m not saying i disagree with Biden ( though there’s no such thing as an AR14 that holds 100 rounds). But the obvious contempt he has for citizens who disagree with him, is going to hurt him in places like Michigan.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Guy was pushing lies, Biden gave him the straight talk...it’s why so many Americans like Joe.
and if trump said the exact same thing, youd have had your period. there’s the hypocrisy, the complete inability to criticize anyone in your side. you can’t do it. not a syllable.

Straight talk? saying that the president does t work for the citizens is straight talk? Saying there’s such a thing as an ar-14 that holds 100 rounds is straight talk?
Old 03-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

since when do i not care when trump dies it? How many times do i have to call trump a morally bankrupt reptile, before you or pete can grasp it? Tell me, how many times?

i don’t like that kind of behavior, i have no problem calling it out on either side. you criticize trump for doing it, but you can’t hold
biden to the same standard.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
you’re not very skilled at interpreting tone. i am happy at the prospect of trump running against an idiot who told a blue collar worker in a key swing state that (1) the citizen is full of sh*t, and (2) the the president doesn’t work for the citizens. Let’s see how that attitude plays in PA, OH, MI, WI. I probably agree with Biden on gun control, but you can’t speak to people that way, an auto worker in Michigan?

Curious why that behavior doesn’t embarrass you.

Anyway, zero anger here, I’m very happy about the chances of defeating Biden.
snowflake, idiot (edit - added "you would have had your period"). To me anyone who uses that type of wording is an angry person. But it is who you are.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:38 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you have it wrong...we encourage this behavior from biden
and we’re going to see a lot more of it.

“four score and...we the...people...call me Ishmael...endowed by our creator...”
Old 03-11-2020, 10:42 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
Straight talk? saying that the president does t work for the citizens is straight talk? Saying there’s such a thing as an ar-14 that holds 100 rounds is straight talk?
Biden didn't say either of those things.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:53 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Biden didn't say either of those things.
the hell he didn’t.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

So, when the Dow goes to 14,000, thousands of Americans die from Corona including members of Congress, we give Afghanistan to the Taliban, Kim Jong Un and Iran achieve nuclear weapons and whatever other shoes drop will PsychoBozo still be your flawed HERO?

Joe Biden is the turnout candidate for Dems.
Because Donald Trump is the turnout candidate for Dems.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So, when the Dow goes to 14,000, thousands of Americans die from Corona including members of Congress, we give Afghanistan to the Taliban, Kim Jong Un and Iran achieve nuclear weapons and whatever other shoes drop will PsychoBozo still be your flawed HERO?

Joe Biden is the turnout candidate for Dems.
Because Donald Trump is the turnout candidate for Dems.
In the interest of raising the bar here, I'll ask you some sincere and respectful questions...

"when the Dow goes to 14,000"

What should the administration be doing, that it's not talking about doing, to help shore up the economy? A payroll tax holiday, some kind of income guarantees to people who either get sick or whose business gets shut down, loans and grants to small businesses...could you tell us what more he should be considering?

"we give Afghanistan to the Taliban"

Which candidate running for president, is committed to leaving a big US presence in Afghanistan forever? As far as I know, neither Trump, nor Sanders, nor Biden, certainly not Gabbard, think we should stay in Afghanistan until regime change is successfully accomplished.

Stock market drops are terrific for everyone other than those who need the money now. And therefore they have no business putting that money in stocks.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:18 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
snowflake, idiot (edit - added "you would have had your period"). To me anyone who uses that type of wording is an angry person. But it is who you are.
your issue is that you assume that one must be angry, when one is poking fun at another. think that all you want, it’s not close to being true. but feel free to think it.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #22
Sea Dangles

That idiot will call you angry when he is upset and you are laughing.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
In the interest of raising the bar here, I'll ask you some sincere and respectful questions...

"when the Dow goes to 14,000"

What should the administration be doing, that it's not talking about doing, to help shore up the economy? A payroll tax holiday, some kind of income guarantees to people who either get sick or whose business gets shut down, loans and grants to small businesses...could you tell us what more he should be considering?

You are assuming incorrectly that the virus is the cause of the market change, it is only the trigger that set off the fall into a bear market. It's too late now, all the tools (tax cuts, debt reduction, interest rates) that needed to be there for the inevitable bear market have been expended to keep the bull alive. So we will do things to further increase our debt, cut more taxes and add to government programs. We do need to do something to help those who cannot help themselves. No, I am not the guy to decide but I don't think this administration has the people capable of doing it either. They have been carefully selected to carry out the leaders wishes. We will see, won't we.

"we give Afghanistan to the Taliban"

Which candidate running for president, is committed to leaving a big US presence in Afghanistan forever? As far as I know, neither Trump, nor Sanders, nor Biden, certainly not Gabbard, think we should stay in Afghanistan until regime change is successfully accomplished.

Sanders is now inconsequential and who cares about Gabbard? What this administration is doing is not workable. Where is Mark Frerichs, an American taken hostage in Afghanistan by a Taliban-affiliated group earlier this year? And, if the Taliban is actually separating itself from al-Qaeda, what was the leader of al-Qaeda’s South Asia branch, an intimate of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, doing at a Taliban compound in Helmand Province just months ago when U.S. counterterrorism forces tracked him down and killed him?
Why are we giving so much away that we paid such a price (1900 dead and 20,000 wounded, never mind the money) for while getting so little back in return? Is it because it's unlikely that al-Qaeda will be able to do anything prior to the election and after that who cares?
My opinion is that we will be in Korea and the Middle East for the foreseeable future and should have more of a diplomatic presence in other parts of the world (mainly Central America and the former Soviet republics) so we encourage the growth of democracy, the fall of authoritarian regimes and don't have to exercise military force.

Stock market drops are terrific for everyone other than those who need the money now. And therefore they have no business putting that money in stocks.
I can promise you that it is not good for most american workers in durable goods, construction, manufacturing and retail based on history.
I had and saw plenty of construction projects mothballed and then never done in the past bear markets and big drops. You'll always remember thinking you had plenty of work and then a couple of calls later it's time to scramble.
The stock market is not the economy but should reflect it, it hasn't lately, grew irrationally and everyone piled on as they always do at the end of a bull market.
Unfortunately the virus is only the trigger and now the market gets to come back to reality and usually goes a little past. The trick is figuring out where and when that will be and having enough to take advantage. Few people do.

There is a bright side
In 1665, the University of Cambridge temporarily closed due to the bubonic plague. Isaac Newton had to work from home, and he used this time to develop calculus and the theory of gravity.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
the hell he didn’t.
Ok, the hell then.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I can promise you that it is not good for most american workers in durable goods, construction, manufacturing and retail based on history.
I had and saw plenty of construction projects mothballed and then never done in the past bear markets and big drops. You'll always remember thinking you had plenty of work and then a couple of calls later it's time to scramble.
The stock market is not the economy but should reflect it, it hasn't lately, grew irrationally and everyone piled on as they always do at the end of a bull market.
Unfortunately the virus is only the trigger and now the market gets to come back to reality and usually goes a little past. The trick is figuring out where and when that will be and having enough to take advantage. Few people do.

There is a bright side
In 1665, the University of Cambridge temporarily closed due to the bubonic plague. Isaac Newton had to work from home, and he used this time to develop calculus and the theory of gravity.
if you’re upset at the notion of walking away when we bled so much there (and a case can be made for this), can we assume you were similarly upset when obama
pulled out of Iraq? Or does it only bother you when Trump dies it?

This market drop is because of the virus. everyone agrees we were overdue for a correction, but we wouldn’t be where we are. ow if not for the virus. it’s been the longest bull run in history.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:43 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
That idiot will call you angry when he is upset and you are laughing.
paul makes
some very good points. but he likes to dismiss me as
angry, rather than admit i can also make good points. When Bush won in 2000, the media desperately claimed it was because of the angry white man. it’s easier to dismiss the other side as angry, than to admit you lost fair and square.

pretty rare to hear liberals
admit they are wrong, rarer still for them to admit a conservative made a good point. Spence is still denying that Biden denies the president works for the people, denies that Biden said there’s such a thing as an ar-14 that holds 100 rounds. it’s on video, but he still cant concede it happened.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:18 PM   #27
spence

Quote:
Spence is still denying that Biden denies the president works for the people, denies that Biden said there’s such a thing as an ar-14 that holds 100 rounds. it’s on video, but he still cant concede it happened.
Watch the video again Jim.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:21 PM   #28
Jim in CT

it’s not embarassing to have a potus who admits to like having little kids run his hair legs, and to call people
something like “lying dog faces pony soldiers.”? that’s not embarrassing?
Old 03-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #29
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
This guy belongs in a nursing home.
He’s clearly got some stage of Alzheimer’s or Dementia

https://youtu.be/iGfaC_ZiLLQ
Old 03-11-2020, 10:34 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Cognitive decline?

PsychoBozo in the worst address ever given by a President and who has been relentlessly mocking Biden for his gaffes, just announced in an Oval Office address that he is banning goods trade from Europe although he is not banning goods trade from Europe.
I just don't see "Biden flubs his lines too often" being a winning campaign theme for the guy who announced a shutdown of trade with Europe on live national television when that's not part of the actual policy.
The White House is currently walking back *three* false policy announcements Trump made during his nationally televised address.
Earlier today , the Trump administration stood by a proposed cut of $9.5 billion to HHS, including a 15 percent cut of $1.2 billion to the CDC and a $35 million decrease to the Infectious Diseases Rapid Response Reserve Fund. Are you kidding?