Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-12-2020, 02:47 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are no bundle of joy
i have a stunning golden retriever puppy that we got two weeks ago. i’m the happiest person in new england.

he can’t ever admit i’m
right, easier to assign
me a character flaw.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
As usual PaulS has managed to get this wrong. Trump did say it would eventually go away but never implied or actually used the term magic. This is simply a liberal interpretation. He also never called it a Democratic hoax. This is simply another liberal interpretation that intentionally missed the context of his statement. Nice try ��.

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear," Trump told attendees at an African American History Month reception in the White House Cabinet Room.

He said "miracle". same thing you idiot. As I told you previously, if you think I'm wrong - you need to realize you are.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are no bundle of joy
I guess I can turn to constantly posting snarky comments or using democraps constantly like you do.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:05 PM   #34
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
nice rant, but if you could get around to responding to what i write?

if china says our military did this, you think it’s wrong for the president to ( very brashly) respond?
respond like a child and call it the china virus instead of being a big boy and using the scientific name? No one, even the Chinese people think the US created it so why stoop to their level. I could care less what China says about it and I don't want our Pres. to act like a child.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:26 PM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Worse day in market since black Monday, there goes the good economy card, it was all Trump had except for a blind base.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Worse day in market since black Monday, there goes the good economy card, it was all Trump had except for a blind base.
yeah I heard obama is no longer trying to take credit for trump's economy
Old 03-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

democraps
it's not me it's my spellcheck, I just find it amusing so I don't fix it...you know what I meant to say....right?
Old 03-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

I've seen posts here in the past days that accuse the Chinese of developing the corona virus in a secret lab.
I've heard numbers of our politicians call it the Chinese virus and claim that they did nothing about it.
It's not acceptable.

Here's what AMERICAN DOCTOR Eugene Gu, MD said about calling it Chinese
·
Mar 10
As a Chinese Korean American, I know what it’s like going outside with the sniffles due to allergies. People are scared of anyone who coughs, but if you’re Asian it’s like you’re a terrorist. So please don’t call it the Chinese Coronavirus. We’re already walking on eggshells.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #39
scottw

oh good...here we go....predictable nonsense.....right out of the left's playbook....tiresome really
Old 03-12-2020, 04:17 PM   #40
Sea Dangles

Quote:
"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear," Trump told attendees at an African American History Month reception in the White House Cabinet Room.

He said "miracle". same thing you idiot. As I told you previously, if you think I'm wrong - you need to realize you are.
If this is your apology then I accept it.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-12-2020, 04:58 PM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
If this is your apology then I accept it.
Just pointing out how stupid you are in this forum.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:00 PM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I've seen posts here in the past days that accuse the Chinese of developing the corona virus in a secret lab.
I've heard numbers of our politicians call it the Chinese virus and claim that they did nothing about it.
It's not acceptable.

Here's what AMERICAN DOCTOR Eugene Gu, MD said about calling it Chinese
·
Mar 10
As a Chinese Korean American, I know what it’s like going outside with the sniffles due to allergies. People are scared of anyone who coughs, but if you’re Asian it’s like you’re a terrorist. So please don’t call it the Chinese Coronavirus. We’re already walking on eggshells.
Heard a Fox news host defending Trumps use of Chinese Virus by saying Ebola was named after a River ... it's amazing to see how much time Fox spends showing what CNN MsNBC and even the view has to say about Trump , then run to his defense .. in awe of last night's speech, but ignore the market tanking or all the major closures..
Old 03-12-2020, 05:06 PM   #43
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Just pointing out how stupid you are in this forum.
I, in turn will point out that I was right. The fact that you insist magic and miracle apparently have the same meaning is revealing. I was merely responding to your nonsense and I will continue to correct your mistakes in the future. Something tells me that I will be busy.
🤡👌

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-12-2020, 05:07 PM   #44
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Heard a Fox news host defending Trumps use of Chinese Virus by saying Ebola was named after a River ... it's amazing to see how much time Fox spends showing what CNN MsNBC and even the view has to say about Trump , then run to his defense .. in awe of last night's speech, but ignore the market tanking or all the major closures..
Don’t let it upset you Wayne.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-12-2020, 05:12 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
I, in turn will point out that I was right. The fact that you insist magic and miracle apparently have the same meaning is revealing. I was merely responding to your nonsense and I will continue to correct your mistakes in the future. Something tells me that I will be busy.
🤡👌
Haha what a clown you are.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:15 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
I see Moscow Mitch and his band of arse kissers blocked the Democrats emergency bill to give workers 14 days of sick leave during this crisis, his desk is were bills go to die.
this is why facts are important.

MSNBC of all
outlets, is reporting that the gop
blocked the bill, because the democrats put some abortion related items in there. Joy Reid in MSNBC was bashing the democrats for trying to do something so sleazy as attaching an abortion agenda to corona virus funding.

Facts are important. it’s not as simple as moscow
mitch not wanting to help people. this is assuming MSNBC is accurate, but even you have to admit they aren’t in the habit of
lying to attack democrats.

i await your response.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

The US and South Korea announced their first cases of the coronavirus on the same day: January 20. After more than six weeks, the US has only tested some 1,500 for the virus. South Korea has tested about 140,000.

Our own government is to blame if this balloons into a crisis.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:30 PM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
The US and South Korea announced their first cases of the coronavirus on the same day: January 20. After more than six weeks, the US has only tested some 1,500 for the virus. South Korea has tested about 140,000.

It already is, schools closing, sports seasons over, people hoarding supplies and if you think the market is just reacting to the virus your head is stuck in the sand. The market is reacting to not just the virus, it’s this lame administrations handling from the start. Best president of our lifetime my arse and now that his Trump card the economy just went down the drain the Trump clan must be looking at how to keep the family businesses from tanking so they have something to fall back on.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:30 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
the february jobs report absolutely crushed. i havent heard anyone say the us economy isn’t strong. this plummet happened because someone in eastern china ate an infected armadillo, not because consumer demand isn’t strong or because of any other issues with our economy.

if the feds banned fishing, and people stopped buying your plastics, does that mean i can claim jyour plastics stink?

Put down the kool aid and think, for just two seconds.

Nothing good is his doing, everything bad is his doing. we get it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-12-2020 at 05:37 PM..
Old 03-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #50
PaulS

Futures were up 300 points last night when Trump started talking. When he was done it was down a thousand. He repeatedly lies and has no plan that is partly what is scaring people in the market.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Futures were up 300 points last night when Trump started talking. When he was done it was down a thousand. He repeatedly lies and has no plan that is partly what is scaring people in the market.
he limited travel, he is proposing ways to limit the financial impact to people who could
lose paychecks. he talked about the precautions we should
take. they’re working on test kits. what should he have said, that he didn’t say?

i know i like the guys results more than you do. but seriously, in your opinion, what should he have said?

markets are tanking everywhere, aren't they? does that mean everyone dislikes their
leaders the way you dislike trump? did you give him credit when the markets were soaring? or is it only his doing when something bad happens?

the bull market ( longest in history) was because of favorable things done by Obama, then Trump. How
is this plummet his fault? can you point to a nation with a leader you
like, whose stock market isn’t falling right now, because you think that leader did a better job ha sling the virus? it’s a global
pandemic that started in China, and likely exacerbated by China
mishandling it.

if the drop was because of concerns over the debt, he owns that. how does he own this?
Old 03-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #52
PaulS

I never blamed the plummet on Trump. Just as I never gave him credit for all of the run-up. However today's sell-off had a lot to do with his speech last night and the lack of planning and his lies.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:24 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
I never blamed the plummet on Trump. Just as I never gave him credit for all of the run-up. However today's sell-off had a lot to do with his speech last night and the lack of planning and his lies.
that’s fair.

do you have kids in school? we have 3. they haven’t announced any cancellations in my town yet, but teachers sent kids home today with tons of work, lots of talk about online learning. i assume schools will be closed for two
weeks starting monday.

as you probably know, the CIAC cancelled high school sports tournaments. yet
my 7th graders who plays travel basketball, has his final 4 this weekend in wethersfield, and they told us that they’re planning to play with no spectators. if it’s not safe for high school kids to play in empty gyms, how can it be safe for 7th graders.

Hope you and yours are completely unscathed.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:59 PM   #54
wdmso

Funny to see my friends on FB who have given Trump never ending praise about their 401ks and the market shift gears into blaming the media and others about it now.. did the media ban Flights did the media call it a hoax did the media tell americans everyone who needed a test could get one, and rich people are tanking the market not avg people

Trump isn't the sole cause and never has been but his base cant accepted what he is responsible for ..
Old 03-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #55
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Did you see how many cases they have confirmed? Yikes

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #56
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Haha what a clown you are.
To. compare you to a fool would be cruel to the fool. You are not an intelligent person. Nor are you honest it seems.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-12-2020, 07:16 PM   #57
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Funny to see my friends on FB who have given Trump never ending praise about their 401ks and the market shift gears into blaming the media and others about it now.. did the media ban Flights did the media call it a hoax did the media tell americans everyone who needed a test could get one, and rich people are tanking the market not avg people

Trump isn't the sole cause and never has been but his base cant accepted what he is responsible for ..
Don’t get distracted by the noise Wayne. It’s just Facebook.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-12-2020, 07:46 PM   #58
PaulS

Quote:
To. compare you to a fool would be cruel to the fool. You are not an intelligent person. Nor are you honest it seems.
Okay mr. Irrelevant. The internet tough guy.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:40 AM   #59
scottw

Quote:
you forgot...The Russians
Old 03-13-2020, 07:47 AM   #60
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
this is why facts are important.

MSNBC of all
outlets, is reporting that the gop
blocked the bill, because the democrats put some abortion related items in there. Joy Reid in MSNBC was bashing the democrats for trying to do something so sleazy as attaching an abortion agenda to corona virus funding.

Facts are important. it’s not as simple as moscow
mitch not wanting to help people. this is assuming MSNBC is accurate, but even you have to admit they aren’t in the habit of
lying to attack democrats.

i await your response.
Don’t know the details and if that happened I’d agree, that typical political BS has no place in this process. Still the hypocrisy is still there in the GOP, look at Matt Gaetz and Cruz, both took a 2 week paid sick leave and both voted against bills to support paid sick leave in 2013 and 2015.