Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-16-2020, 08:37 PM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Shifting rhetoric how Trump like that statement is and no I don’t read much of the constant endless never ending debates, but just happened on your statement and generalization of everyone that isn’t in lock step with you, Scott, Jim or the child SD. Frankly don’t care to read past posts to catch up on wherever that debate was about, participating is pointless as they are always circular and never ending.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-16-2020, 08:39 PM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Shifting rhetoric how Trump like that statement is and no I don’t read much of the constant endless never ending debates, but just happened on your statement and generalization of everyone that isn’t in lock step with you, Scott, Jim or the child SD. Frankly don’t care to read past posts to catch up on wherever that debate was about, participating is pointless as they are always circular and never ending.
you do tend to chase your tail...
Old 03-16-2020, 08:45 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you really need a vacation from this....go practice and come back
I've missed your snarkiness. is everything okay? Changing hooks out?
Old 03-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Paul, Trump is the best friend that Israel has ever had in the white house. Israel, in case you didn’t know, is another country. How many millions of foreigners does he have to support, before youd say he doesn’t hate foreigners?

You criticized the original travel ban for not going far enough - americans we’re allowed to return from china. But Biden and Schumer said the ban was too
much and not necessary. What do you think of that?

Biden claimed trump should not have restricted chinese from traveling here. He went further and said the ban was racist.

You said the ban didn’t go far enough, but you cannot bring yourself to say Biden was dead wrong.

You’re trying to have it both ways. You’re saying Trump didn’t go far enough, yet you won’t say Biden was wrong for saying Trump went way too far. By what logic does that make sense?
Old 03-16-2020, 10:57 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump* will be forever known as the President who was so full of 💩 the whole country ran out of toilet paper.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:23 AM   #36
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
coming from you, i’ll
do that. and I apologize to him. if you could ever get around to suggest that he refrain from the endless lobbing of baseless insults, that would also help.
Great.
I read some not all of the links. Trying to squeeze some work time around having the kids home. Other than the daily worker equivalent, I didn't see them calling people it a racist move.

As far as the baseless insults I missed where you suggested SD refrain from insults and Scott for being snarky. Its what people do here for the most part. I roll my eyes and skip posts that are dumb, but that's just me.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-17-2020, 05:57 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I didn't see them calling people it a racist move.

Read Bidens and Schumers comment. Did they call it xenophobic? Is xenophobia a form of bigotry, or is it a compliment?
Old 03-17-2020, 05:58 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump* will be forever known as the President who was so full of �� the whole country ran out of toilet paper.
Right, it's his fault people are hoarding it.

The country isn't "out of toilet paper", there's plenty. It's being hoarded by jerks.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:20 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:

and Scott for being "snarky".
I need a tee shirt with that on it
Old 03-17-2020, 06:28 AM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Right, it's his fault people are hoarding it.

The country isn't "out of toilet paper", there's plenty. It's being hoarded by jerks.
All defense all the time
It’s a joke

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-17-2020, 06:54 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

If you want to get all butthurt about what someone said, try fitting this into your narrative

"He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot," Graham continued.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:58 AM   #42
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
I need a tee shirt with that on it
You are pretty snarky. 😄

I just scroll by rather than get offended 😉

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-17-2020, 07:08 AM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

BREAKING: Due to massive incompetence and inexplicable delay, WHO to rename Covid-19 to Covfefe-45.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:13 AM   #44
Sea Dangles

Quote:
All defense all the time
It’s a joke
It’s offense all the time
It’s a joke

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, Trump is the best friend that Israel has ever had in the white house. Israel, in case you didn’t know, is another country. How many millions of foreigners does he have to support, before youd say he doesn’t hate foreigners?

You criticized the original travel ban for not going far enough - americans we’re allowed to return from china. But Biden and Schumer said the ban was too
much and not necessary. What do you think of that?

Biden claimed trump should not have restricted chinese from traveling here. He went further and said the ban was racist.

You said the ban didn’t go far enough, but you cannot bring yourself to say Biden was dead wrong.

You’re trying to have it both ways. You’re saying Trump didn’t go far enough, yet you won’t say Biden was wrong for saying Trump went way too far. By what logic does that make sense?
It's never been understood to mean each and every foreigner so he could marry one or like foreigners from one country and hate foreigners from a host of other countries.

Can you pls. pull up the Schumer quote as I have not seen it?

Every person can have a different idea if a policy is good or not. I'm agnostic on whether it was or not. That is why I said earlier damn if you do or damn if you don't and if you think it was good - good for you. Overall I think he has done a terrible job (lying, blaming others, down playing it, not wanting to bring the Americans back bc he didn't want the #s to go up, his lack of empathy, his horrible speech, refusing to take any responsibility, etc). Yesterday he seemed to be doing a better job by finally realizing this isn't going away. He won't get a 10 from me regardless of how he ranks himself.

He should just let Fauci talk.

Do you agree you seem to want people to praise Trump for some reason?
Old 03-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #46
PaulS

Quote:
If you want to get all butthurt about what someone said, try fitting this into your narrative

"He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot," Graham continued.
That is different bc Graham now loves him.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:58 AM   #47
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That is different bc Graham now loves him.
things change, kinda like Hillary's stance on Gay Marriage and Immigration

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
It's never been understood to mean each and every foreigner so he could marry one or like foreigners from one country and hate foreigners from a host of other countries.
Is there a certain number of foreigners that must be hated from a country before it can be considered xenophobic? Is it, like, over 50, or over a thousand, or more, or less?

Of Trump's three wives, two have been from other countries--two different countries. He certainly exhibits an affinity toward Israel. He has praised many other countries for various reasons. He claims to be on friendly terms with representatives of most of the many countries he politically or commercially deals with. I have never heard him say that all or most of the people from any country are hateful or contemptible. Temporarily banning people from certain countries because of some medical or safety concerns is not xenophobia. Nor is saying something like Mexico is not sending its best people. And to claim that Haiti is a $hit country is comparatively true and does not mean that the people are $hitty or to be hated. And none of these things are evidence, nor, certainly, verification of xenophobia.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

He's trying to find a name that reverberates with his base for this virus, it's just one part of his campaign to blame the incompetence of this administration on others.

Here's another and more gaslighting will come

Trump, who not a month ago characterized Democratic criticism of the coronavirus response as a "hoax," now claims, "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #50
PaulS

After President Donald Trump called the novel coronavirus “the Chinese Virus” in a tweet Monday, an evangelical leader responded by calling the label “unacceptable,” warning that it “instigates blame, racism, and hatred against Asians.”

On Monday, Trump tweeted his confidence in American industries before calling the spread of the coronavirus or COVID-19, “the Chinese Virus.”

“The United States will be powerfully supporting those industries, like Airlines and others, that are particularly affected by the Chinese Virus. We will be stronger than ever before!”

In a reply, Eugene Cho, a former pastor of a Seattle church who was just tapped to begin leading a large Christian nonprofit called Bread for the World in July, suggested that calling the coronavirus the "Chinese virus" could be dangerous. Cho said in an interview Monday that he was not speaking on behalf of the Washington-based hunger and poverty-fighting organization and is still living in Seattle, one of the epicenters of the outbreaks in the United States.

"Mr. President: This is not acceptable," he wrote in his tweet. "Calling it the "Chinese virus" only instigates blame, racism, and hatred against Asians - here and abroad. We need leadership that speaks clearly against racism; Leadership that brings the nation and world together. Not further divides."
Old 03-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
things change, kinda like Hillary's stance on Gay Marriage and Immigration
For decades, Graham wanted to be known as the Democrats' favorite Republican. Then the Kavanaugh hearings happened, and he saw the democrats in a different light. It took a few decades too long, but he woke up.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:

Can you pls. pull up the Schumer quote as I have not seen it?

Every person can have a different idea if a policy is good or not. I'm agnostic on whether it was or not. That is why I said earlier damn if you do or damn if you don't and if you think it was good - good for you. Overall I think he has done a terrible job (lying, blaming others, down playing it, not wanting to bring the Americans back bc he didn't want the #s to go up, his lack of empathy, his horrible speech, refusing to take any responsibility, etc). Yesterday he seemed to be doing a better job by finally realizing this isn't going away. He won't get a 10 from me regardless of how he ranks himself.

He should just let Fauci talk.

Do you agree you seem to want people to praise Trump for some reason?
"It's never been understood to mean each and every foreigner "

I already said I agree with that. How many foreigners does one have to go to bat for, before you'd decide he's not a xenophobe?

"I'm agnostic on whether it was or not."

Fine. But for the 4th or 5th time, is it reasonable to assume the policy was rooted in bigotry?

Schumers line was in the thread I started the thread got removed...
"travel ban to and from China by the current administration is just an excuse to further his ongoing war against immigrants. "
"

No possible justifiable medical reason, just an excuse to hurt immigrants. No possible benefit for Americans, nope.

What gets me is the same people who attacked him for the travel restrictions, are now saying he didn't do enough. And no one can criticize what Biden or Schumer said.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Graham has kissed butts for any possible political opportunity his entire career.

“I think the Lindsey Graham we’re seeing today is the real Lindsey Graham,” Former Rep. David Jolly (R-FL) said. “This is a political opportunist who will flop with the winds and do whatever it takes to serve his own self-interest. That’s who he is.”

When Mark Leibovich asked him what had happened to him, Graham explained:

“Well, OK, from my point of view, if you know anything about me, it’d be odd not to do this,” he said.

I asked what “this” was.

“ ‘This,’ ” Graham said, “is to try to be relevant.” Politics, he explained, was the art of what works and what brings desired outcomes. “I’ve got an opportunity up here working with the president to get some really good outcomes for the country,” he told me.

George Will
When in 1994, Graham, a South Carolina Republican, first ran for Congress, he promised to be “one less vote for an agenda that makes you want to throw up.” A quarter of a century later, Graham himself is a gastrointestinal challenge. In the last three years he had a road-to-Damascus conversion.

In 2015, he said Donald Trump is a “jackass.” In February 2016, he said: “I’m not going to try to get into the mind of Donald Trump, because I don’t think there’s a whole lot of space there. I think he’s a kook, I think he’s crazy, I think he’s unfit for office.” And: “I’m a Republican and he’s not. He’s not a conservative Republican. He’s an opportunist.” Today, Graham, paladin of conservatism and scourge of opportunism, says building the border wall is an existential matter for the GOP: “If we undercut the president, that’s the end of his presidency and the end of our party.” Well.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-17-2020, 05:18 PM   #54
scottw

Quote:
You are pretty snarky. 😄

I just scroll by rather than get offended 😉
I would never want to offend you
Old 03-17-2020, 05:28 PM   #55
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
I would never want to offend you
Meaning it doesn't offend me and I scroll past, not that I skip it to not get offended, Dumbass 😜

Bryan