Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #31
FishermanTim

He knows how the finance industry works, and he knows how to work it in HIS favor.
His "pretty smart business" supporters are only supporting him as long as what he does is good for them.
In other words, THEY must be receiving direct benefits from whatever Barney is screwing up!

What I find truly amazing is that when confronted by a staunch opponent, and with direct questions requiring a simple direct answer, he can't put 2 words together that don't shift blame to someone else.

Then when his boyfriend makes himself the center of attention by heckling Barney's opponent, it smells like a "pass the blame" scenario all over again.

We need new blood in office.
We need term limits.
We need to revoke their hefty pensions. And no more "double dipping" by working a private job while you are in office working for US!! If you can't devote 100% of your effort to the office, then what the heck are you good for?
We need to hold them accountable for ANYTHING they do while in office. No more playing the spineless blame game of "It was the OTHER guys fault!"

14 days and counting!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #32
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post

We need new blood in office.
We need term limits.
We need to revoke their hefty pensions. And no more "double dipping" by working a private job while you are in office working for US!! If you can't devote 100% of your effort to the office, then what the heck are you good for?
We need to hold them accountable for ANYTHING they do while in office. No more playing the spineless blame game of "It was the OTHER guys fault!"

14 days and counting!
Agree 110% and once they are in office they need to have their
feet held to the fire. I believe the voters have reached the point
where if things don't get straightened out, WHOEVER is not part of the solution
is part of the problem and will be voted out.
Days of voter, "Oh Well " are over.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #33
FishermanTim

We should also hold the voters accountable too, since many will vote "the party line" without any thought about what the candidate will do or has done. It was never more evident than with the governor's and presidential election. People voted along party lines without ever reading one article or listening to one debate regarding their political "saviors". What did they get? Nothing but losers & lies.
I wish we could hold politicians accountable for all of their campaign lies, since they all seem to promise you whatever you want to get your vote, and end up robbing you blind, kicking you in the jimmies and telling you that it's all good!

Here's a novel approach: Don't waste MY time telling me stories and lies to get my vote, just DO YOUR DAMN JOB CORRECTLY!
Don't promise me the moon and stars and tell me how great things will be with useless "hope & change" rhetoric, just do what's best for the people OR the people may be dragging your a$$ out onto the street and beating it to a pulp if you screw around!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #34
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
We should also hold the voters accountable too, since many will vote "the party line" without any thought about what the candidate will do or has done. It was never more evident than with the governor's and presidential election. People voted along party lines without ever reading one article or listening to one debate regarding their political "saviors". What did they get? Nothing but losers & lies.
I wish we could hold politicians accountable for all of their campaign lies, since they all seem to promise you whatever you want to get your vote, and end up robbing you blind, kicking you in the jimmies and telling you that it's all good!

Here's a novel approach: Don't waste MY time telling me stories and lies to get my vote, just DO YOUR DAMN JOB CORRECTLY!
Don't promise me the moon and stars and tell me how great things will be with useless "hope & change" rhetoric, just do what's best for the people OR the people may be dragging your a$$ out onto the street and beating it to a pulp if you screw around!
Fisherman Tim has my vote for whatever position he would like to have.
Well said.
I don't even know what parties (reb, dem) mean or stand for. Drives me INSANE how people just vote for people based on party affiliation, aka my wife, becuse she is a democrat and she has to vote for the democrat no matter how ignorant they may be cause that's the way it works, and if she doesn't vote for her party, the Gestapo will pay her a visit. Especially when she has no clue as to what their "agenda" are. I'm a democrat, so I vote for the democrat is her philosphy. A circus clown could be running, say he is a democrat, and my wife would vote for him simply on that principal.

As I have gotten older, I actually do pay attention and listen to who's got what lies and promises, then I just vote for the one seems to be best at lying..........and is most likely to let me keep my guns.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #35
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Tuesday will be National take out the trash day

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.