Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy

Thoughts on this passage?

"But from where I was sitting, in the smoky main room of one of Sabray's high houses, talking to the village cop, that's not the way the tide was running. And until the United States decides to wield a very large stick up here in support of the elected gov't of the people, in Kabul, I'm not looking for any change real soon. The enemy is prepared to go to any lengths to achieve victory, terrorizing its own people, if necessary, and resorting to barberic practices against its enemy, including decapitating or butchering them
We are not allowed to fight them on those terms. And neither would we wish to. However, we could in a much more ruthless manner, stop worrying if everyone still loved us. If we did that, we'd probably win in both Afghanistan & Iraq in about a week.
But we're not allowed to do that. And I guess we'd better start getting used to the consequences and permit the American liberals to speak and squeal us to ultimate defeat. I belive that's what it's called when you pack up and go home, when a war fought under you own "civilized" terms is unwinnable.
We're tougher, better trained, better organized, better armed, with access to weapons which cannot be resisted. The U.S. armed forces represent the greatest fighting force this world has ever seen, and we keep getting our butts kicked by a bunch of illegal thugs who ought to be eliminated.
Look at me right now in my story. Helpless, tortured, shot, blown up, my best buddies all dead, and all because we were afraid of the liberals back home, afraid to do what was necessary to save our own lives. Afraid of American civilian lawyers. I have only one piece of advice for what it's worth: If you don't want to get into a war where things go wrong, where the wrong people sometimes get killed, where innocent people sometimes have to die, then stay the hell out of it in the first place.
Because that's what happens. In all wars, down all the years of history. Terrible injustices, the killing of people who did not deserve to die. That's what war is. And if you can't cope with it, don't do it."
The Iceman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
stripersnipr

Imagine playing a game where the other team didn't and had no intention of playing by the set rules of the sport. Despite the fact that your team has far better players and far more skills, what chance do you have of winning? Zero. It's time for some people to make realistic choices; Support the achievement of victory (which is within their power) or give up and swallow defeat and accept all consequences of that defeat.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote