Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-29-2022, 12:23 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim your problem is you insert meaning and intent where no such meaning or intent was ... you read in to statements and make UP your own meanings to those statements

if a Dem say something you take it literary 100% of time

If a Rep says something you take or claim is hyperbole 100% of the tim
"All i did, was point out what Biden said.

no you didnt you made it up "

Did I? Here is an exact quote...

If Russia used chemical weapons, "it would trigger a response in kind..."

How many ways are there to interpret that?

I'm sorry if you have no witty, sensible response to what he said. But he said what I claim he said. It's on video in the link I provided.

When Bush was president, he often spoke like a Goober, and when he did, the entire left used that to say he was stupid. Again, it would be nice (but far too much to ask) if we could just apply the same standards when evluating the president, without changing the standards 180 degrees every time the sitting potus is from a different party.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2043704.html

You honestly believe that saying someone cannot be trusted around our daughter, is a general statement about overall trust. Specifically bringing a daughter into it, doesn't imply sexual impropriety at all?

Whatever. God you make me yearn for November.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:42 PM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"All i did, was point out what Biden said.

no you didnt you made it up "

Did I? Here is an exact quote...

If Russia used chemical weapons, "it would trigger a response in kind..."

How many ways are there to interpret that?

I'm sorry if you have no witty, sensible response to what he said. But he said what I claim he said. It's on video in the link I provided.

When Bush was president, he often spoke like a Goober, and when he did, the entire left used that to say he was stupid. Again, it would be nice (but far too much to ask) if we could just apply the same standards when evluating the president, without changing the standards 180 degrees every time the sitting potus is from a different party.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2043704.html

You honestly believe that saying someone cannot be trusted around our daughter, is a general statement about overall trust. Specifically bringing a daughter into it, doesn't imply sexual impropriety at all?

Whatever. God you make me yearn for November.
All you see and hear is sexual you are just one of many Christian pervs and Q informed Republicans

Like I said you would accuse me of fat shaming if I said I don’t trust musk as far as I can throw him..

You’ve been radicalized you can tell because you use indoctrinated or grooming or pedo in a sentence to defend your views or attack others for their views

next you’ll be telling us how Madison Cawthorn

Is a principled and god fearing Republican and an example for all to follow

Ps and if the house flips the Republicans will do what they always do nothing . except try to bury Jan6th and of course lie lie lie
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-29-2022, 02:43 PM   #33
wdmso

Elon Musk told banks that agreed to help fund his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter Inc. that he could crack down on executive and board pay at the social media company in a push to slash costs, and would develop new ways to monetize tweets, three people familiar with the matter said.

So how do you monetize what's supposedly already free ?
Old 04-29-2022, 02:51 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:

Like I said you would accuse me of fat shaming if I said I don’t trust musk as far as I can throw him..

No, I wouldn't, because everyone knows what it means when someone says "I don't trust him further than I can throw him".

Similarly, everyone, even you, knows exactly what it means when someone says that someone can't be trusted around my daughter.

Why do you suppose he added "my daughter" to the phrase, Wayne? There's only one connotation to that.

"Republicans will do what they always do.. lie lie lie"

Why are Americans leaving democrat states, and moving to Republican states, in big numbers? Because they like being lied to? Or is there, perhaps, another reason?

Democrats don't lie, no sir! When Biden told blacks "Republicans want to put y'all back in chains", that was totally honest! Right? That's literally want Republicans want, a return to slavery. That's why Republicans support school choice, because that will return blacks to slavery.
Old 04-29-2022, 03:34 PM   #35
wdmso

Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said in an interview that she believed Satan was controlling the Catholic Church.

Yep keep saying both sides are the same
Old 04-29-2022, 05:23 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said in an interview that she believed Satan was controlling the Catholic Church.

Yep keep saying both sides are the same
id be sure you agree with her.

i never ever said both sides are the same! that’s the last thing i’d ever say.
Old 04-29-2022, 06:45 PM   #37
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You have no idea how them there innernets work, do you?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-29-2022, 08:14 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:

ever heard of facebook? facebook is free. but it’s use is monetized.

It might have behooved you to read economics once in awhile, instead of The Daily Worker.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:39 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
ever heard of facebook? facebook is free. but it’s use is monetized.

It might have behooved you to read economics once in awhile, instead of The Daily Worker.
more false equivalencies shocking

I was referring to how do you monetize free speech not the platform ...

love musks Revisionist history graph
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FRcu9TeXEAMjvTM.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	68862  
Old 04-29-2022, 09:02 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
more false equivalencies shocking

I was referring to how do you monetize free speech not the platform ...

love musks Revisionist history graph
easy. advertising, marketing.

my god man.

the free speech. , takes place on the platform.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:59 AM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
easy. advertising, marketing.

my god man.

the free speech. , takes place on the platform.
Musk is conservatives latest man crush .. because they think lies , harassment is speech worth protecting . Because it’s the only speech Republicans use with regularity . So much for Truth social. Took peoples money claiming the same thing how did that work out?

what could go wrong with a single owner pulling all the strings at twitter.. keep chasing you false idols

You’re good with hidden means. Care to tell us how

Elon Musk wants to 'authenticate all real humans' on Twitter.

Here are some of your hero’s free speech examples

Musk personally cancelled a client’s Tesla order after complaining that the man had been “super-rude” in a blog post, and fired an Autopilot employee who posted mostly positive reviews on his private YouTube channel but showed the Tesla occasionally malfunctioning.

Or He also sent a threatening letter to The New York Times objecting to unfavorable coverage, writing, “If anything like this happens again, please consider [your] relationship with Tesla to end immediately upon publication of such a piece.” It’s a curious kind of “free speech absolutist” that defends carrying Russian propaganda but tries to silence American newspapers.

Why is the new GOP drawn to

Megalomaniac‘s
Old 04-30-2022, 10:05 AM   #42
Jim in CT

wdmso, the hunter biden laptop story wasn’t lies or intimidation, nor is suggesting covid came from wuhan.

if joe biden can say republicans want to put blacks in chains, if everyone on the left can say i hate blacks and women, why can’t i say that hunters income seems fishy or that we should see if covid originated in the wuhan lab?

musk isn’t conservative, he loved obama. But he’s getting the left to show their hysterical, marxist, censorship colors.

he just looks conservative, compared to where the democrats are right now. why they chose to race to the fringe left is beyond me, but they’re about to find out how stupid of a strategy that is.

It’s hilarious.

Seeing what the markets did this month? One thing biden had going for him was the stock
market, and it’s looking very very sick at the moment.

just in time for the midterms!!

oh, and gdp shrunk in the first quarter, and that’s before the Fed is getting aggressive with rate hikes.

Not looking good at all. Recession coming just in time for the midterms.

The gop is set to roll in November.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-30-2022 at 10:52 AM..
Old 04-30-2022, 11:55 AM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim’s version of a white, Christian America that idealizes capitalists (for example, him) has lost favor in the cultural marketplace, and people who espouse racist, misogynistic or bigoted views now face consequences they didn’t before (which they call censorship). A multicultural society forces their children to learn more than the historical myths on which their purported superiority was constructed (which they call indoctrination).

They are victims, forever and always. Jim is promising to avenge his victimhood by imposing his cultural norms on everyone else — in the name of freedom — and maintaining the socioeconomic caste system that has fostered the greatest level of inequality in a century.

That is the Republican Party’s 2022 platform. It’s also a gift to Democrats — if they can figure out how to use it.
Old 04-30-2022, 03:37 PM   #44
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Pete and Wayne on there way to straighten Jim out on S-B

Old 04-30-2022, 04:29 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Pete and Wayne on there way to straighten Jim out on S-B

Chester and Spike!

which one’s which?
Old 05-01-2022, 11:40 AM   #46
rphud
GrandBob

my advice is not misinterpret Asperger's for malice.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:48 PM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
Chester and Spike!

which one’s which?
Jim are you Ok? are you being bullied do you need a safe space from criticism ... seems others here think that's the case
Old 05-01-2022, 05:54 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim are you Ok? are you being bullied do you need a safe space from criticism ... seems others here think that's the case
i was asking TDF which if you two lunatics was chester and which was spike

you’re not criticizing me. you’re howling at the moon and embarrassing yourself.

TDF is the most measured, middle of the road guy here. he’s criticized me before, and i deserved it when he did. ask yourself what it means that he’s poking fun of you here.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:57 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
the S&P500 had the worst 4 months to start a year, since 1939.

worst start in 83 years. 83 years. And that’s all BEFORE the fed starts hiking rates like crazy.

Biden is making Jimmy Carter look like Dwight Eisenhower.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...ow-11651250525

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-01-2022 at 06:32 PM..
Old 05-02-2022, 04:49 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t let the Trump toadies, Tucker suckers & Musk morons get you down. We live in a era of mediocre men pledging their fealty to conmen, crooks and straight-up kooks.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:15 AM   #51
Jim in CT

And according to NPR (NPR!!), a small majority of latinos plan to vote republican in the midterms.

i’m not sure i believe that, but even if it’s off by a quarter, that’s a rout for the gop.

who is advising this party, that a majority of americans will vote for radical woke progressivism? how can anyone have so little accurate awareness of what america is, and what america isnt ?

the democrats have schools, the media, hollywood. if they ran a Bill Clinton moderate democrat, they’d win 40 states.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pol...ps-usually-win

Old 05-02-2022, 07:30 AM   #52
wdmso

Quote:
the S&P500 had the worst 4 months to start a year, since 1939.

worst start in 83 years. 83 years. And that’s all BEFORE the fed starts hiking rates like crazy.

Biden is making Jimmy Carter look like Dwight Eisenhower.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...ow-11651250525

Is that a yes or a no

And of course you think a world economic correction is Biden’s fault

Yet you have or your GOP pals have offered not a single idea or policy to suggest how they would correct it! Not one!
GOP sees Americans anger at inflation as a vote getter not a concern the wish to fix.. odd how that works.
And the American voter is stupid enough to think they want to address the issue
Old 05-02-2022, 07:48 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is that a yes or a no

And of course you think a world economic correction is Biden’s fault

Yet you have or your GOP pals have offered not a single idea or policy to suggest how they would correct it! Not one!
GOP sees Americans anger at inflation as a vote getter not a concern the wish to fix.. odd how that works.
And the American voter is stupid enough to think they want to address the issue
a yes or no to what?

covid was also a worldwide event. are you going to say you never bashed trump or desantis for covid?

so how come it’s ok for you to blame a republican president for an event that’s not limited to the US? but wrong if i do it?

the gop has many ideas to get the economy back on track. tighter monetary policy to help fight inflation, trade deals and regulations that make it easier, not harder, for us companies to thrive.

when trump was president and the gop controlled congress, are you going to say they did nothing to help stimulate the economy? Cutting personal income taxes, cutting corporate taxes, cutting regulations, incentivizing businesses to bring offshore cash back here….none of that had any real effect?

I’m not saying a gop congress would do these things to help, because they’re as stupid and lazy and corrupt as anyone else. They talk about cutting spending but then get in power and spend like lunatics.

But their ideas, we’re shown a few years ago, to be helpful.

I’ve been saying for years we were overdue for a recession. it’s not all Bidens fault. But just like the subprime mortgage crisis wasn’t all bush’s fault ( but it killed him), and just like covid wasn’t all trumps
fault ( yet the left blamed him), Biden will own this. It’s his.

and it’s going to be worse in the fall when interest rates are a few points higher.

What’s good for the goose…
Old 05-02-2022, 08:55 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

The real effects of TFG are occurring now.
Just like in Texas

Texas is now losing out on a rail line from Mexico because of Greg Abbott’s border stunt— Mexico’s Economy Minister said, “We’re now not going to use Texas. We can’t leave all the eggs in one basket and be hostages to someone who wants to use trade as a political tool.”
Old 05-02-2022, 11:11 AM   #55
wdmso

Quote:
a yes or no to what? do you need a safe space ..

covid was also a worldwide event. are you going to say you never bashed trump or desantis for covid?

Trump got criticized because he dismissed the pandemic .. or were asleep for that part

so how come it’s ok for you to blame a republican president for an event that’s not limited to the US? but wrong if i do it?

again you skip over he was blamed for his lack of a response by himself and the Rights response to covid . not that they caused covid

the gop has many ideas to get the economy back on track. tighter monetary policy to help fight inflation, trade deals and regulations that make it easier, not harder, for us companies to thrive.

you are just a parrot repeating the same old GOP mantra ..what they claim whenever they want to get elected and throw it all away when they get there ... so are you suggesting Biden reversed everything trump did in 4 years .

when trump was president and the gop controlled congress, are you going to say they did nothing to help stimulate the economy? Cutting personal income taxes, cutting corporate taxes, cutting regulations, incentivizing businesses to bring offshore cash back here….none of that had any real effect?

Jim you gullible to think anything you mentioned immediately impacts the economy.. just like infrastructure it takes decades to work its way tru

I’m not saying a gop congress would do these things to help, because they’re as stupid and lazy and corrupt as anyone else. They talk about cutting spending but then get in power and spend like lunatics.

I agree

But their ideas, we’re shown a few years ago, to be helpful. that's still up for debate seems the benefit didn't last long

I’ve been saying for years we were overdue for a recession. it’s not all Bidens fault. But just like the subprime mortgage crisis wasn’t all bush’s fault ( but it killed him), and just like covid wasn’t all trumps
fault ( yet the left blamed him), Biden will own this. It’s his.

and it’s going to be worse in the fall when interest rates are a few points higher.

What’s good for the goose…
like I've said the American voter is stupid. they spend effort removing the last Party in office only to vote them back in 2 years later because they expect instant result .. and fail to see the rich took their profits and low interest advantage sell off , willing to tank the market and the economy.. to swoop in and buy up whats left in the fire sale to come
Old 05-02-2022, 11:48 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
like I've said the American voter is stupid. they spend effort removing the last Party in office only to vote them back in 2 years later because they expect instant result .. and fail to see the rich took their profits and low interest advantage sell off , willing to tank the market and the economy.. to swoop in and buy up whats left in the fire sale to come
"do you need a safe space .."

No. What could I have possibly said, that would make you ask that? I'm literally holding all the cards at the moment. That could well change today if the idiot republicans blow it. But all my side needs to do, is watch you side march further to the left, further away from where Americans are (we're a centrist country, not a progressive country), and watch the economy sink a bit more between now and November, watch the economy slow as the Fed gets aggressive with rate hikes.

"he dismissed the pandemic .. or were asleep for that part"

Yet the left said his travel restrictions were a hysterical overreaction, or were you asleep for that part? In other words, the left criticized him for both over-reacting, and for downplaying it. That's called "wanting to have it both ways". He got hospital ships to NY, oversaw the creation of infastructures for testing and vaccines, sent everyone big fat relief checks, created makeshift hospitals in NY...That's "dismissing" the virus? All that is "dismissing" it? Really? I don't think so.

"you are just a parrot repeating the same old GOP mantra"

Nope. I'm reacting to what actually happened to the US economy during Trumps term, before we #^&#^&#^&#^& the economy down. You obviously don't remember, but the economy was absolutely roaring. If Trump got re elected, maybe we'd still be facing horrible inflation and shrinking GDP and a sinking stock market. Or maybe not. We can't know. What we do know, is that those things didn't exist under Trump, and they all exist under Biden.

Make. That. Wrong.

As for calling me a parrot, I also said many Republicans say one thing and do the opposite when in power. How is that a GOP talking point.

I'm bashing the GOP, and somehow you can't see it, even though it's right in front of your face.

Whatever the faults of the GOP are (and they are many), they are poised to steamroll the democrats in a few months, unless things change, as they could. The democrats won the executive and legislative branches in 2020, they therefore run the whole show, and everything is much worse than it was. Not all of that is their fault, but some of it sure is. And in any event, the party in power gets blamed for what happened on their watch, that's just the way it is.

"Jim you gullible to think anything you mentioned immediately impacts the economy"

I keep forgetting what an world-renowned expert you are on macroeconomics. It's just a coincidence that the stock market soared and unemployment shrank, when Trump was given the keys.

Infastructure takes a while to help. Tax cuts obviously don't take decades to have an impact.

"the benefit didn't last long"

It lasted until we shut down the economy for covid.

"willing to tank the market and the economy"

The GOP didn't do that, well they contributed to it by spending like crazy when they had congress.

Biden is proposing massive spending and tax hikes in his next budget. We'll soon see what America thinks of that brilliant plan.

Wayne, do you feel obligated to help pay off student loans for short-sighted and ill-informed teenagers who borrowed $250,000 to get degrees in pottery from Cornell?

That will make the cause of the problem (college cost) worse. That's the liberal way, instead of addressing the actual cause of the problem, they throw money at the symptom of the problem.

What incentive does any college have to cut costs, if the feds will pick up the tab?

"swoop in and buy up whats left in the fire sale to come"

That's exactly what I'm planning to do, and what I sincerely hope you do. No one knows when the bottom will be, but there will be bargains out there, like JP Morgan, maybe Apple and Amazon and for sure companies that make processors/chips like AMAT. You can't stop the correction that's just starting now, but you can position yourself to benefit from it. Hoard cash now, and buy at the fire sale which is likely coming (not definitely).
Old 05-02-2022, 04:16 PM   #57
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphud View Post
my advice is not misinterpret Asperger's for malice.
It would explain a lot

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-02-2022, 07:24 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Biden halved the deficit! Our economy is growing more than China's!! Biden rocks!!!