Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 03-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
BigBo

Mail Carriers getting lazy!!!!!!!

I know this has come up a couple times recently. I was waiting for a couple packages. Checked the tracking and they were both out for delivery today. I'm sitting at home and hear the distinct sound of the mail van so I get up and look out the window. The carrier leaves one package and I can see the pink slip for the second package that tells me "Sorry we missed you". "You can pick up your package at the PO". The guy never made an attempt to get out of his van. Just shoved the stuff in the mailbox and off he goes.
Taking a queue from BigFish, I hop in my truck and head him off a couple houses down the street and ask him WTF? I said I was right there waiting for you and you never made an attempt to deliver my package. He quickly changed the subject and had me sign for the package while making small talk. I reported it anyways.
Seems to be getting to common occurrences with this newer breed of mail carriers. Not even bad weather.

Last edited by BigBo; 03-06-2014 at 05:27 PM..

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

that's pretty blatantly lazy..good for your for tracking him down

if you really wanted to take a queue from Bigfish, you would have hurled a 4oz hopkins at his truck!
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
that's pretty blatantly lazy..good for your for tracking him down

if you really wanted to take a queue from Bigfish, you would have hurled a 4oz hopkins at his truck!
LOL!!! Thats for tomorrow Matt!! See what I mean Bob??!!! They all suck...all of them!! Lazy son's o' bitches!!!!! Good for you going after him a la' BigFish!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
iamskippy

The interwebz killed the letter business, but the whores should be happy with the package busniess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #5
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
The interwebz killed the letter business, but the whores should be happy with the package busniess.
Exactly. The cost of shipping packages has risen ridiculously lately. They certainly are getting paid well for package deliveries.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

The guy should be happy he has a friggin job!!! Do it and do it well or you will be bitchin' ya ain't gut a job and wonderin' why!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #7
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
The guy should be happy he has a friggin job!!! Do it and do it well or you will be bitchin' ya ain't gut a job and wonderin' why!!!!!!
Hes union, dont matter.
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #8
stripercrazy
Hernia Pikie Maker

larry, ratty can't wait to see you at the canal

its no ones fault
stripercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I doubt Johnny is that lazy!

Old 03-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #10
stripercrazy
Hernia Pikie Maker

lol

its no ones fault
stripercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #11
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
I doubt Johnny is that lazy!
I don't know... I was sympathizing with the OP of a very similar thread on a slightly similar website, venting about having to work with so many slugs... He responded quite negatively and said I sounded like management material...
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #12
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Two stories on this post: wife and I shop for ourselves and our parents using coupons and sales. Every wednesday for years we get the food sales ads. She starts her planning for what she will buy evervyone by whats in the ads compared to what coupins she has. Suddenly it becomes extremely sporaddic. After a month or so she goes to the post office to complain. Lady behind the counter gets annoyed without saying much, because she has to go around back and grab the wednesday coupon ads on thursday for Bev. Suddenly we are back to getting ads like clockwork on wednesday.
Second story: Bev has a coysin who has worked for PO for well over twenty years, starting at the bottom, and working her way up. She was treat by the so-called men who work there with unimaginable mean spirited hrror. She told me some of the things said and done. She was divorced, and the new that, also realizing no one was there to protect her. Well Bev's cousin has two somes. Both about 6'4" and extremely well-built and tough. When they were old enough to be confided in they started dropping off and p#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up thier mother, Bev's cousin. They would stand outside the car and wait for her after work. Never said a thing to anyone. The chit stopped pretty quickly. PO at least used to be be the most disfunctional workplace in America.
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote