Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Stamp your feet a little harder and complain why I'm not answering your question. I didn't ask anything about the emails. You're being delusional.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you asked what she did that was unethical. you asked that in the context of the emails.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:41 PM   #92
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
NEW: Attorney General William Barr has held private meetings overseas with foreign intelligence officials, including in the U.K. and Italy, seeking their help in investigation of the Russia investigation.
Was this illegal or inappropriate?
Old 09-30-2019, 08:45 PM   #93
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Yes I do.

I never said anything about one question ruining his chances,you did. I said Sanders believes the nomination was rigged. That is why he did not endorse her. She accepted help and that is an uneven playing field.

I will ask again because you seem chatty. Do you believe that was fair play?
Firstly thank you for admitting your hypocrite. You might want to be Petty and point out the spelling in that sentence. I asked what did hillary do that was unethical because Jim made that statement. You said screwing over Bernie to start, not that Bernie said it. So I will ask again what exactly did Hillary do that was unethical bc I really don't know what you guys are talking about. Are you talking about receiving a question because that's not her being unethical that's Donna brazile being unethical.

Last edited by PaulS; 09-30-2019 at 08:51 PM..
Old 09-30-2019, 08:54 PM   #94
Sea Dangles

I will answer again. She accepted help that gave her an UNFAIR advantage.
Would you do the same PaulS, surely you were raised better than that.
When are you going to answer my question?
Old 09-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
he doesn’t have to
answer, and you’re clearly very angry.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

Putin’s goals are to get out from under 2 sets of sanctions: one based on messing with our 2016 election, one on invading Ukraine. Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine into settling with Russia & to “prove” Russia didn’t mess with us in 2016 make sense as ways to please Putin. QED
Old 09-30-2019, 09:00 PM   #97
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Was this illegal or inappropriate?
Conservatives pretended to be furious that Bill Clinton said hi to Loretta Lynch on a tarmac. Now imagine she'd traversed the globe trying to substantiate anti-Romney smears. That these are different abuses of the office doesn't make this proper or "reasonable."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 09:03 PM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

NEW: President Trump just told the White House press pool that he is actively "trying to find out" who the whistleblower is.

The President is violating the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, 5 U.S.C. 2302(b)(8)-(9), Pub.L. 101-12.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

New Quinnipiac poll: Do you think President Trump should be impeached and removed from office?

NOW
Yes 47%
No 47%

LAST WEEK
Yes 37%
No 57%
Old 09-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
Conservatives pretended to be furious that Bill Clinton said hi to Loretta Lynch on a tarmac. Now imagine she'd traversed the globe trying to substantiate anti-Romney smears. That these are different abuses of the office doesn't make this proper or "reasonable."
you know what was said on the plane? wow...
Old 09-30-2019, 09:07 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
New Quinnipiac poll: Do you think President Trump should be impeached and removed from office?

NOW
Yes 47%
No 47%

LAST WEEK
Yes 37%
No 57%
let’s skip the election and just coronate liz warren.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #102
PaulS

Quote:
What help? Being given a question ahead of time and that she would have been prepared for anyways? Didn't you just say that you had no problem with Rodger Ailes giving Trump questions ahead of time?. How is that not the same?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:09 PM   #103
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he doesn’t have to
answer, and you’re clearly very angry.
aren't you the one who said something about someone here masturbating on a photo of Obama? What shows less class and more anger then that?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #104
Jim in CT

Quote:
What help? Being given a question ahead of time and that she would have been prepared for anyways? Didn't you just say that you had no problem with Rodger Ailes giving Trump ahead of time?. How is that not the same?
you don’t think that giving ( and receiving) a debate question ahead of time that’s not given to
the other candidate, isn’t helping the person who received the question.

Gotcha.

How about the use of superdelegates, where bernie could
win a state but fall behind in the delegate count?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:12 PM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
let’s skip the election and just coronate liz warren.
Unlike Trump, I think she would refuse the coronation

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 09:15 PM   #106
PaulS

Quote:
you asked what she did that was unethical. you asked that in the context of the emails.
I never asked anything in the context of emails. I said simply what exactly did she do that was unethical and no one has answered the question. I think SD is talking about receiving a question for the debate ahead of time but he hasn't clearly articulated that.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:15 PM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled

I think the Trumplicans have stepped thru a space time continuum and gone back to 2016
Old 09-30-2019, 09:16 PM   #108
Pete F.
Canceled

To contradict and undermine the entire IC of the United States, to exonerate Russia.
This is the foreign policy they’re advancing.
Russia’s foreign policy.

Putin’s Puppet
Old 09-30-2019, 09:19 PM   #109
PaulS

Quote:
you don’t think that giving ( and receiving) a debate question ahead of time that’s not given to
the other candidate, isn’t helping the person who received the question.

Gotcha.

How about the use of superdelegates, where bernie could
win a state but fall behind in the delegate count?
it certainly is helpful to the person receiving the question but it is not unethical on Hillary's part someone comes up to her and said hey here's what they're going to ask you tomorrow. It's unethical for Donna brazile to do that. If Hillary approached brazile and asked for the questions that would be unethical but that clearly did not happen. But no one seems to have a problem that Trump was given questions by Rodger Ailes. And Hillary had no part in the super delegates so how is that her being unethical?

Gotcha- what a clown.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:23 PM   #110
Pete F.
Canceled

Realize some people would call it a "nothing burger" if Trump turned out to be a cannibalistic serial killer and was caught.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:29 PM   #111
Sea Dangles

Quote:
What help? Being given a question ahead of time and that she would have been prepared for anyways? Didn't you just say that you had no problem with Rodger Ailes giving Trump questions ahead of time?. How is that not the same?
Please don’t breed, Paul.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-30-2019, 09:38 PM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
Since you didn't, or couldn't, answer the question, I'll do it for you. No, it was not illegal or inappropriate for Attorney General William Barr to have private meetings overseas with foreign intelligence officials, including in the U.K. and Italy, seeking their help in investigation of the current ongoing Russia investigation.

The U.S. has a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty with both Italy and the U.K. Asking for assistance in the Russia investigation if those countries have information that can be of help is not only legal and appropriate and even reasonable, but a dereliction if the assistance was not asked.

This is in no way comparable to Lorreta Lynch tarmac issue, nor at all like seeking smears, especially if not related to an ongoing criminal investigation, and it certainly was not an abuse of office.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:41 PM   #113
PaulS

Quote:
Please don’t breed, Paul.
Ok hypocrite.

It is no wonder why someone on here previously called you a vile person.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:48 PM   #114
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Since you didn't, or couldn't, answer the question, I'll do it for you. No, it was not illegal or inappropriate for Attorney General William Barr to have private meetings overseas with foreign intelligence officials, including in the U.K. and Italy, seeking their help in investigation of the current ongoing Russia investigation.

The U.S. has a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty with both Italy and the U.K. Asking for assistance in the Russia investigation if those countries have information that can be of help is not only legal and appropriate and even reasonable, but a dereliction if the assistance was not asked.

This is in no way comparable to Lorreta Lynch tarmac issue, nor at all like seeking smears, especially if not related to an ongoing criminal investigation, and it certainly was not an abuse of office.
Putin’s goals are to get out from under 2 sets of sanctions: one based on messing with our 2016 election, one on invading Ukraine. Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine into settling with Russia & to “prove” Russia didn’t mess with us in 2016 make sense as ways to please Putin.

To contradict and undermine the entire IC of the United States, to exonerate Russia.
Russia’s foreign policy.

Putin’s Puppet

So ironic that a supposed nationalist like Trump isn't trusting his own citizens but is actively seeking international assistance to support his failing presidency & re-election chances.

Last edited by Pete F.; 09-30-2019 at 10:22 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 10:03 PM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

Flashback: May 1.

Harris: Has the president or anyone at the W.H. ever asked or suggested that you open an investigation of anyone?
Barr: Um.
Harris: Seems you'd remember something like that and be able to tell us.
Barr: Yeah, but I'm trying to grapple with the word suggest.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:22 PM   #116
detbuch

Quote:
Putin’s goals are to get out from under 2 sets of sanctions: one based on messing with our 2016 election, one on invading Ukraine. Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine into settling with Russia & to “prove” Russia didn’t mess with us in 2016 make sense as ways to please Putin.

Russia’s foreign policy.

Putin’s Puppet
You keep doing this kind of chit. My post to which you responded here was:
Originally Posted by detbuch
"Since you didn't, or couldn't, answer the question, I'll do it for you. No, it was not illegal or inappropriate for Attorney General William Barr to have private meetings overseas with foreign intelligence officials, including in the U.K. and Italy, seeking their help in investigation of the current ongoing Russia investigation.

"The U.S. has a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty with both Italy and the U.K. Asking for assistance in the Russia investigation if those countries have information that can be of help is not only legal and appropriate and even reasonable, but a dereliction if the assistance was not asked.

"This is in no way comparable to Lorreta Lynch tarmac issue, nor at all like seeking smears, especially if not related to an ongoing criminal investigation, and it certainly was not an abuse of office."

Your reply here HAS ABSOLUTELY NO COHERENT CONNECTION TO MY POST. You do this a lot. Instead of responding to a post, you just go off on more of your obsessive conjectures about Trump bad, or Trump Putin's Puppet.

It's really not worth responding to you. You just use it as a platform to keep ranting and making unsubstantiated claims rather than maintaining a rational discussion.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-30-2019 at 11:16 PM..
Old 09-30-2019, 11:26 PM   #117
detbuch

Quote:

So ironic that a supposed nationalist like Trump isn't trusting his own citizens but is actively seeking international assistance to support his failing presidency & re-election chances.
This add on was not part of your original reply to my post. It is just as ignorant as that reply. He is not seeking international assistance because he doesn't trust his own citizens--HIS OWN CITIZEN, whom you mentioned as the one seeking assistance, is doing the investigation!!
Old 10-01-2019, 03:18 AM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This add on was not part of your original reply to my post. It is just as ignorant as that reply. He is not seeking international assistance because he doesn't trust his own citizens--HIS OWN CITIZEN, whom you mentioned as the one seeking assistance, is doing the investigation!!
Reminder: To this day, the Trump campaign can’t explain: 1) Why they had so many Russian contacts; 2) why they were glad to meet them; 3) why they never called the FBI; and 4) why they lied about it every time.

Their answer is to try to blame the FBI for ever asking about it.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-01-2019, 04:03 AM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

For Crimin’ Out Loud
Omg they are trying to track down a super secret plot from the time of Da Vinci and Michelangelo to work w Joe Biden to frame the 45th US President and they will threaten to remain in beautiful Italy unless the Italian Govt and Vatican turn over their files.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:02 AM   #120
Jim in CT

Quote:
I never asked anything in the context of emails. I said simply what exactly did she do that was unethical and no one has answered the question. I think SD is talking about receiving a question for the debate ahead of time but he hasn't clearly articulated that.
ok paul, this is surreal.

i said the emails revealed that she acted unethically.

you then immediately asked me to specify what she did that was unethical.

but you weren’t referring to the emails in any way.

i gotta go, i’m due back on the planet earth.