Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 01-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Looking for Rainshadow SW1088 blank

Snapped my go to 9 foot rod last season. Pilot error. Was fishing ahead of a storm and was backed up too close to seawall, Snagged a pile of tangled lobster gear on backswing... and you can hear the explosion in your head...
Had gotten that blank from Capesams personal stash many years ago. Hoping someone might have one they had forgotten about....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I have a couple 9’ blanks doing nothing Ross but not Rainshadow. One is a Fisher
Other would be too light maybe but it is a lami 1083
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
JLH

If you are interested in a built rod I have one that I picked up in the classifieds years ago and never really fished.

Here is a link to the original post. I had to look back to make sure it was the same rod. I think it might need a new tip (cracked guide) but not 100% sure.

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...ght=rainshadow
JLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:59 PM   #4
basswipe

Snapped mine in a "trunk" accident several years back.Won in a raffle here and built by MikeCC if I remember correctly.Would love to have that rod back as it was also my goto.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:57 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

JLH you have a measurement from butt to center of reel seat? Might be interested.

Slip, maybe I should begin a discussion of what is out there that would do as much as this blank did.... before I build something else, as I have no first hand knowledge of what new blanks out there do what.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

If you want a rainshadow 1088, then you should keep looking, I’m sure they are out there someplace
Maybe someone like bassmaster has one stashed away. I sold my 1088 to Tysdad for Tyler years ago for his first rod. I do still have my 1087 the Steve built me.
I bet there are some rods comparable.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

JLH, not sure if yours is an SW or SUR.... I am going to keep looking for an SW, hopefully an old stock true 9 foot vs, 8' 10"

Anyone else? Capesams, you still come in here?

Not to make it sound bad or anything, but I have wondered what happened to the gear owned by our departed friends/members here, like , Skitter, and Saltheart…..

Old 01-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #8
Nebe

1 dozen raw liquidated everything when he learned he was sick. He moved most of his gear on SOL.

Slow Eddie’s incredible plug collection might have been thrown out by relatives that didn’t know what it was. He had every lure from every builder that was building in the 50’s and 60’s.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Anyone built on a FSC blank?

Old 01-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #10
JLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Anyone built on a FSC blank?
Not sure if it would influence your decision to buy or build one but I just saw the owner post of Facebook recently that they are going out of business. Overall, the people that I know that own and fish FSC rods have been very happy with them.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:42 PM   #11
JLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
JLH, not sure if yours is an SW or SUR.... I am going to keep looking for an SW, hopefully an old stock true 9 foot vs, 8' 10"

Anyone else? Capesams, you still come in here?

Not to make it sound bad or anything, but I have wondered what happened to the gear owned by our departed friends/members here, like , Skitter, and Saltheart…..
No problem and good luck with the search. If I remember right mine is a 9' rod but it's currently in RI so I don't have easy access to it to verify.