Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
wdmso

Trump says Texas shooting is a problem of mental health, not guns
called him a deranged individual,

guy kills 8 with a truck Trump calls him Trump referred to terrorism suspect Sayfullo Saipov as an "animal," and called for "swift justice" instead of regular due process.

and Blames visa program and blames political correctness for not addressing the issue

it is amazing to see to verbal gymnastics and how Consertives see the world and solution's so clearly . if its a Muslim or immigrant

But when Terrorism or Muslim or immigrant cant be used or shown involvement in the incident .. and all they have is white guy with a gun they default to its a Mental heath issue ....
Old 11-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

guy kills 8 with a truck Trump calls him Trump referred to terrorism suspect Sayfullo Saipov as an "animal," and called for "swift justice" instead of regular due process.

and Blames visa program and blames political correctness for not addressing the issue

it is amazing to see to verbal gymnastics and how Consertives see the world and solution's so clearly . if its a Muslim or immigrant

But when Terrorism or Muslim or immigrant cant be used or shown involvement in the incident .. and all they have is white guy with a gun they default to its a Mental heath issue ....
amazing to see how some will try to turn anything and everything into an incident of racism
Old 11-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
amazing to see how some will try to turn anything and everything into an incident of racism

its a statement of fact solution are provided with great speed and resolve when Terrorism or Muslim or immigrant are present ...

if that equals Racism then thats what it equals
Old 11-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Sea Dangles

Quote:

If you don't consider a man who beats his wife and child deranged then how would you describe him? I would condemn him for that action alone. If he can legally obtain a weapon with his track record then the problem is a lack of sensible laws,no doubt the NRA,along with the conservative base are culpable for these generous liberties.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If you don't consider a man who beats his wife and child deranged then how would you describe him? I would condemn him for that action alone. If he can legally obtain a weapon with his track record then the problem is a lack of sensible laws,no doubt the NRA,along with the conservative base are culpable for these generous liberties.

The NRA has fought for people like him to own a gun the dont want MH issues a 209A to infringe their 2a rights are they culpable .. to a degree but they dont pass laws .. Gun owners need to be part of the solution or change will happen with out them .. but they wont.. they have all ready found a silver lining 1 guy shot back and saved the day ... sadly 26 people were all ready killed but the'll run with it anyway saying it could have been worse.. Really !!

to me they are both animals and cowards..I dont need to know the why they killed it doesn't change the result

Trump he clearly see's a difference

Last edited by wdmso; 11-06-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Old 11-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
to me they are both animals and cowards..I dont need to know the why they killed it doesn't change the result

It changes the appropriate response for Gods sake. If Vladimir Putin paid the guy to do this, that's one thing. If he did it for Allah, that's another thing. And if he's a home-grown garden variety nut, that's yet another thing. You don't see that?
Old 11-06-2017, 11:27 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It changes the appropriate response for Gods sake. If Vladimir Putin paid the guy to do this, that's one thing. If he did it for Allah, that's another thing. And if he's a home-grown garden variety nut, that's yet another thing. You don't see that?
murder is murder motivation only gives people excuses to why it happend.. so they can ignore the hows
Old 11-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I read that he was denied an application for guns in Texas. Which is interesting, I presume that's not a place known for being tough to get a gun. I'm curious where he got his sexy "assault rifle".
Old 11-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm curious where he got his sexy "assault rifle".
you mean Assault-Style Rifle.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
you mean Assault-Style Rifle.....
Correct.

Hey (not to hijack the thread) I was wondering what you thought of girls into the Boy Scouts...I work with a guy who is very conservative, and he is a local scout leader, his two boys are both close to Eagle Scout. He's fine with it. He said den meetings and overnight trips will be unisex, and his take was that if the Girl Scouts don't want to change to accommodate parents who want girls to do more than sell cookies, better that the girls learn the good values with the Boy Scouts, then not be exposed to those positive values. I have 3 in cub scouts this year, all having a good time. My wife is getting really involved, she loves it, she is the den leader for the first graders.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey (not to hijack the thread) I was wondering what you thought of girls into the Boy Scouts...I work with a guy who is very conservative, and he is a local scout leader, his two boys are both close to Eagle Scout. He's fine with it. He said den meetings and overnight trips will be unisex, and his take was that if the Girl Scouts don't want to change to accommodate parents who want girls to do more than sell cookies, better that the girls learn the good values with the Boy Scouts, then not be exposed to those positive values. I have 3 in cub scouts this year, all having a good time. My wife is getting really involved, she loves it, she is the den leader for the first graders.
I think its idiotic. The BSA already had a coed program called Ventures. They do the same things as the Boy Scouts plus a few more things that the Boy Scouts can't do (i.e. shoot hand guns, snow mobiles).

This was just caving to pressure because people get all butt-hurt over the word "Boy"

Even the Girl Scouts were upset about it. Girl Scouts can do all the things boy scouts can do if they want. I personally know a GS leader that takes her girls Hiking and Camping.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-06-2017, 12:40 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
I think its idiotic. The BSA already had a coed program called Ventures. They do the same things as the Boy Scouts plus a few more things that the Boy Scouts can't do (i.e. shoot hand guns, snow mobiles).
It will be good for the kids. The gender disassociation early will lead to stronger adults, less harassment etc...
Old 11-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

This was just caving to pressure because people get all butt-hurt over the word "Boy"

Even the Girl Scouts were upset about it. Girl Scouts can do all the things boy scouts can do if they want. I personally know a GS leader that takes her girls Hiking and Camping.
Can't argue with that either, thanks!