Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #31
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
With the increase of tail-gating women, I find I can now speed with relative impunity. I just pull over, let the biotch go by and hang back and let her run the gauntlet.
And this is how I've made the 1hr 50min trip from Plainville to North Truro in almost an hour and a half. Sit back about a quarter of a mile and let them run point. I have never been pulled over using this method, but I've seen about 3 people pulled over that I was following.

Just have to make sure you watch the rear-view. Find that car riding up on you with the yellow lights on either side of their headlights, and it's time to slow down and move over.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #32
Rob Rockcrawler

I have to pay more attention tot he parking lights on the new dodges that some lucky cops get to drive. The worst place for speeding i have found is down in south county. How am i supposed to drive 25 MPH for 4 miles on a road that 50 would be no problem. When i wake up and drive to dunkins from my cousins house in wakefield i always catch myself approaching 40. Ive heard that if its more than 5 over you are going to be stopped.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rockcrawler View Post
I have to pay more attention tot he parking lights on the new dodges that some lucky cops get to drive. The worst place for speeding i have found is down in south county. How am i supposed to drive 25 MPH for 4 miles on a road that 50 would be no problem. When i wake up and drive to dunkins from my cousins house in wakefield i always catch myself approaching 40. Ive heard that if its more than 5 over you are going to be stopped.
Daggett Avenue, in Pawtucket. My cousin got a ticket for 27 in a 25.

I %$%$%$%$ you not

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #34
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Daggett Avenue, in Pawtucket. My cousin got a ticket for 27 in a 25.

I %$%$%$%$ you not
Pawtucket is a Sh!t hole. They could use all the money they can get.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #35
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Pawtucket is a Sh!t hole. They could use all the money they can get.
Still a low class move when the address on her DL and registration is a whopping 5 blocks away

There are better ways of increasing revenue than causing hard-working residents' insurance rates to spike for the next 3 years---for a lousy 2 mph over the limit

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #36
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Still a low class move when the address on her DL and registration is a whopping 5 blocks away

There are better ways of increasing revenue than causing hard-working residents' insurance rates to spike for the next 3 years---for a lousy 2 mph over the limit
Fully agree. However, 2MPH over and I wouldn't think twice about fighting the ticket. Speedometers are only accurate to within 2 MPH or so depending on tire inflation.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #37
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Fully agree. However, 2MPH over and I wouldn't think twice about fighting the ticket. Speedometers are only accurate to within 2 MPH or so depending on tire inflation.
She never told me about it until she paid it

I've seen District Court magistrates here enter Not Responsible findings routinely for 5 over or less--regardless of what the cop says. Unless he also says that the motorist gave him a ration of crap, that is

Old 06-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #38
Saltheart

Too bad she didn't fight it. No way 2 mph stands up in court.

These tickets are like the kids stealing your camera or car radio. You pay $300 and they sell it hot for $50. The city gets $100 for your ticket but the insurance company gets $300 a year for 3 years. The city gets $100 , the insurance gets $900 and your out a grand so they can get their $100. . Its a big gimmick and not at all just.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote