Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
bassackward

Fishing was slow, so I went for a swim instead

Took an accidental plunge off my new (used) Outback yesterday over near Amelia while adjusting the peddles. Water wasn't too cold but I learned important lesson. I had gore-tex pants with tightened cuffs around my neoprene booties and jacket with nepeoprene cuffs. Didn's realize until I walked out on shore, but I had 25 -50 lbs of water trappped in my clothing. I was fine, but it explained why I was getting so tired swimming me and the kayak to shore. I now either need to wear clothng that lets water out or not in in the first place. I knew that, but when in the eater , you don't see or realize that the water was trapped in my clothes. I grabbed that jacket last minute because it was windier and cooler at put-in. I was ready to wear just a shirt w/ pfd and light weight pants but went with jacket and gore-tex pants last minute.

bassackward
John from Billerica

A wise old man once told me"It's better to wet your line than wet yourself"
bassackward is offline   Reply With Quote