Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #181
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so no comment on using fabricated political dirt to get a fisa warrant? that’s a good use of taxpayer dollars in your mind?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You are so stuck in the past and whataboutism, catch up we are in a new administration and to suggest Trumps call was about stopping corruption is rich.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #182
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
requests to violate the privacy of citizens, should be based on accurate reasonable suspicion. not fabricated political dirt. you disagree?
What fabricated political dirt? Show me facts and sources, not political posturing.

The IGs report will be out shortly and likely head straight for the dustbin of history, especially given the current things going on.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #183
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
FBI had worked with Steele in the past and thought he was credible, the Dossier wasn't fabricated, like much raw intel some of it is wrong, some of it is right. Besides, it was only a small part of the FISA warrant.
how do you know, how could
you possibly know, that the fbi genuinely thought it was credible?

the us attorney barr assigned to it ( same guy who cleaned up the whitey bulger corruption in boston, when the us attorney there, a guy named robert mueller, allowed the corruption to fester) ) will release his report soon. but already, you know it was on the level. amazing.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:40 PM   #184
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You are so stuck in the past and whataboutism, catch up we are in a new administration and to suggest Trumps call was about stopping corruption is rich.
so when pete says it’s wrong for trump to use taxpayer resources for political gain, it’s not a valid response to point out that no one cared when obama did it?

tell you what. let’s come up with one set of rules, applied
consistently to everyone, regardless of party, then there will be no naked hypocrisy to point out.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #185
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What fabricated political dirt? Show me facts and sources, not political posturing.

The IGs report will be out shortly and likely head straight for the dustbin of history, especially given the current things going on.
how come page wasn’t charged?
Old 09-25-2019, 12:47 PM   #186
scottw

They are finally feeling like all their hard work has accomplished something. Don’t rain on their parade they might need counseling
Old 09-25-2019, 12:50 PM   #187
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'm gonna have to show you my badge!

Submit a FOIA request, maybe you'll find out.
Or he's still part of the ongoing counterintelligence investigation.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-25-2019, 01:24 PM   #188
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s what’s clear: Trump does not observe or recognize important legal distinctions. Not between official business and his campaign. Between private attorney and gov attorneys. Between taxpayer money and his money. Everything is an extension of himself, to be used for his ends.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-25-2019, 01:40 PM   #189
Pete F.
Canceled

Zelensky, who speaks really good English, begins speaking in Ukrainian when asked if he will keep his promises to Trump.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #190
Pete F.
Canceled

Tom Malinowski
@Malinowski
I was an Assistant Secretary of State when this happened. All of us working on Ukraine wanted this prosecutor gone, because he was NOT prosecuting corruption. So did the Europeans. So did the IMF. This didn't come from Joe Biden - he just delivered our message.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #191
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Like watching A Few Good Men, you can’t handle the truth, I frankly never speak the truth🤣, but your damn right I asked for dirt on my 2020 opponent.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:51 PM   #192
spence

Quote:
You don't really know how any of this works do you?
Old 09-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #193
spence

Quote:
Like watching A Few Good Men, you can’t handle the truth, I frankly never speak the truth🤣, but your damn right I asked for dirt on my 2020 opponent.
More like Godfather 2.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #194
scottw

I read the transcript. I don't know what the dummies are so upset about
Old 09-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #195
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I read the transcript. I don't know what the dummies are so upset about
All the stupid posts about spelling and here you are letting us all know, you see the words but don’t understand the meaning.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #196
scottw

Quote:
All the stupid posts about spelling and here you are letting us all know, you see the words but don’t understand the meaning.

Sounded like a pleasant conversation

Another chubby for the dummies with no happy ending
Old 09-25-2019, 04:47 PM   #197
scottw

Here’s to days of dummycraps running to microphones vomiting nonsense. Seen this play before. It’s tragic
Old 09-25-2019, 04:57 PM   #198
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Sounded like a pleasant conversation

Another chubby for the dummies with no happy ending
Sure, I’ve got millions of dollars of military aid ready BUT I need a favor which could help me in 2020, nothing to see there. You are a mirror of the spineless GOP, they just kiss his golden ring for one reason only, they don’t want to give up the majority in the senate.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #199
scottw

It’s awful to see shameless dems pushing dubious impeachment to try to affect an American election simply because they are frustrated. Seems un-American
Old 09-25-2019, 05:15 PM   #200
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What is shameless is your defense of what is extremely Un American behavior by our president. He attempted to extort a foreign government to help dig up dirt on his primary 2020 rival, by withholding OUR tax dollar paid for and appropriated military aid. I get your red hat party line, but if it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck and looks like a duck; most educated people blue or red are going to understand it’s a corrupt, lying mother fing duck.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #201
scottw

You are making things up
Old 09-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #202
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No collusion that Mueller could state definitely between Trump and Russia, yet here the collusion is clear and in your face. He has reached multiple criteria for impeachment as defined by numerous founding fathers, or because this means you loose power, you suddenly aren’t interested in the constitution?
Old 09-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #203
Jim in CT

Quote:
No collusion that Mueller could state definitely between Trump and Russia, yet here the collusion is clear and in your face. He has reached multiple criteria for impeachment as defined by numerous founding fathers, or because this means you loose power, you suddenly aren’t interested in the constitution?
i think it’s a stretch. he’s allowed to ask other governments to do him favors. did FDR commit an impeachable offense by colluding with england to win WWII?

this isn’t that obviously. but what’s also in our faces, is the likelihood that hunter biden profited handsomely from his father’s position.

again, if we could
have one standard that applies to both parties, that would be very helpful.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:18 PM   #204
spence

Quote:
i think it’s a stretch. he’s allowed to ask other governments to do him favors. did FDR commit an impeachable offense by colluding with england to win WWII?
I can't believe you said this.

Quote:
this isn’t that obviously. but what’s also in our faces, is the likelihood that hunter biden profited handsomely from his father’s position.
Based on what exactly? A conspiracy theory.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:50 PM   #205
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

again, if we could
have one standard that applies to both parties, that would be very helpful.
1. The emoluments clause prohibits the President from receiving personal favors of value. “And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.” Feel free to look at a definition of emoluments, preferably from before 1800, we are originalists I suppose, though Trump’s violations of the emoluments clause extends further than that and is evident in the telecom released today.
2. You have bought into Trump’s narrative re Biden and his son. If Trump wants to claim that others profited, he should start by not doing the thing he denigrates with his family. 666 West Avenue and it’s refinancing would be a good start. Ivankas trademarks, Don Jr’s deal in Indonesia, etc.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-25-2019, 10:55 PM   #206
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
1. The emoluments clause prohibits the President from receiving personal favors of value. “And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.” Feel free to look at a definition of emoluments, preferably from before 1800, we are originalists I suppose, though Trump’s violations of the emoluments clause extends further than that and is evident in the telecom released today.

The DOJ determined that what was asked for was not considered a thing of value. You're stretching here. Otherwise, an overbroad definition of "value" as relates to the emoluments clause would mean that no requests could be made.

2. You have bought into Trump’s narrative re Biden and his son. If Trump wants to claim that others profited, he should start by not doing the thing he denigrates with his family. 666 West Avenue and it’s refinancing would be a good start. Ivankas trademarks, Don Jr’s deal in Indonesia, etc.
The Biden and his son narrative does not require buying into. The connections are obvious. What you mention about Trump and his family are not about foreign influencing of our elections.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:33 AM   #207
scottw

Quote:
you didn't read the transcript obviously
Old 09-26-2019, 02:36 AM   #208
scottw

dummycraps and the media lit another firecracker and rolled it under trumps desk and... like all the others....it' didn't go off...must be terribly disappointing and frustrating

is this true??

last year, Senate Democrats wrote to Ukraine’s prosecutor general asking Ukrainian officials to investigate Trump.

In May of 2018, Sens. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., #^&#^&#^&#^& Durbin, D-Ill., and Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., wrote to Ukraine’s Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko asking the Ukraine government to keep four investigations open related to the Mueller probe into Russian election interference in the U.S. and indicated that their support for foreign aid to Ukraine could be in jeopardy.

Last edited by scottw; 09-26-2019 at 02:58 AM..