Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #31
Jim in CT

I had back surgery for bulging disk a few years ago. Until then, I don't know that I had ever taken anything stronger than Tylenol, and I could never figure out how anyone could get addicted to pills.

When I woke up in pain, they gave me Percoset. The relief and euphoria that swept over me were unbelievable. I'd never tried drugs, not even pot, never felt anything like it. I had maybe a week's supply, and by the time I was done, I was licking the bottle to get every trace I could.

At my follow up, I was still in a little pain, and the doctor and I had a long talk about what he was going to give me. I told him, that I wasn't exactly comfortable with how badly my body was craving more Percoset. Part of me was telling myself to exaggerate the pain I was still in, so that he'd give me more Percoset. I told him that. He gave me something weaker, and gradually weaned me off everything. But getting off the pain meds entirely, was much harder than I ever dreamed it could be. Maybe not everyone reacts that way, but I did.

Dangerous stuff.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #32
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
This could be seen as racist, that is racist, they are all racist, there is a dog whistle over there, Cops are racist. ICE is racist. CEOs are racist. Income inequality is racist. Opioids are racist.

When EVERYTHING is racist, nothing is.
Its getting real friggin old....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #33
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I had back surgery for bulging disk a few years ago. Until then, I don't know that I had ever taken anything stronger than Tylenol, and I could never figure out how anyone could get addicted to pills.

When I woke up in pain, they gave me Percoset. The relief and euphoria that swept over me were unbelievable. I'd never tried drugs, not even pot, never felt anything like it. I had maybe a week's supply, and by the time I was done, I was licking the bottle to get every trace I could.

At my follow up, I was still in a little pain, and the doctor and I had a long talk about what he was going to give me. I told him, that I wasn't exactly comfortable with how badly my body was craving more Percoset. Part of me was telling myself to exaggerate the pain I was still in, so that he'd give me more Percoset. I told him that. He gave me something weaker, and gradually weaned me off everything. But getting off the pain meds entirely, was much harder than I ever dreamed it could be. Maybe not everyone reacts that way, but I did.

Dangerous stuff.
A couple tokes of th diggidy dank would do your soul good Jim. Put on some rusted root or some early Grateful Dead ... plow a pint of Ben and Jerry’s... and unclench that tight ass of yours. 😂😂😆😆
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #34
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

Dangerous stuff.
Yep. I have been offfered iot before. I think I am strong enough not to get hooked, just not willing to take the chance. Seen WAY too many people get the taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Its getting real friggin old....
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
A couple tokes of th diggidy dank would do your soul good Jim. Put on some rusted root or some early Grateful Dead ... plow a pint of Ben and Jerry’s... and unclench that tight ass of yours. 😂😂😆😆
Yeh, but it will all be OK cause you'll be giggling at stop signs

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Still have a handful of oxy left from my 2011 back surgery, I missed my morning BM’s more than I wanted relief from the left over discomfort, gave them up to get back to my throne and am reading.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:15 PM   #36
Sea Dangles

I stopped taking perc 5 days after a new hip just so I didn’t have to give birth to a cannonball.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:45 AM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
So do you believe that Narcan use should be scrapped and just let these folks perish?
no ... just saying how the addicts view Narcan they brag about how many times they have been Narcaned .. It was made to save lives and it does but for many it just puts them right back in the game to get high an hour later to do it all over again
Old 08-23-2018, 03:55 AM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
This could be seen as racist, that is racist, they are all racist, there is a dog whistle over there, Cops are racist. ICE is racist. CEOs are racist. Income inequality is racist. Opioids are racist.

When EVERYTHING is racist, nothing is.

Dunno, dropping of someone I know for their Soboxone I saw every walk and creed, looked like a frickin Bennetton Commercial from the 80s. But only SOME of them are racists.

Sorry but the facts are hard to dispute ,, when drugs were an inner city issue like crack and dope the policy response was jail not treatment

Now its in White well off communities.. policy its about Treatment and halfway houses which are big money now .. again to think race isnt an influencer in policy ( not the main driver ) is like saying Votes arn't involved in the policy development ......
Old 08-23-2018, 05:28 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Sorry but the facts are hard to dispute ,, when drugs were an inner city issue like crack and dope the policy response was jail not treatment

Now its in White well off communities.. policy its about Treatment and halfway houses which are big money now .. again to think race isnt an influencer in policy ( not the main driver ) is like saying Votes arn't involved in the policy development ......
so you are saying that the democrats running the inner cities didn't care that their citizens were struggling with drug addiction and simply jailed them rather than providing them with the care that they needed?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:32 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so you are saying that the democrats running the inner cities didn't care that their citizens were struggling with drug addiction and simply jailed them rather than providing them with the care that they needed?
how to box someone into a corner.

they should have made those cities, sanctuary cities for druggies.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:59 AM   #41
scottw

handing out needles and confiscating straws
Old 08-23-2018, 07:23 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
handing out needles and confiscating straws
you throw in letting people poop on the sidewalk, and it sounds a lot like san francisco.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #43
spence

Quote:
you throw in letting people poop on the sidewalk, and it sounds a lot like san francisco.
Why are you so fixated on feces?
Old 08-23-2018, 07:46 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

We lost the war on drugs
We need to do something different
Portugal has had the best results
Between 1998 and 2011, the number of people in drug treatment increased by more than 60 percent (from approximately 23,600 to roughly 38,000). Over 70 percent of those who seek treatment receive opioid-substitution therapy, the most effective treatment for opioid dependence.
The number of new HIV diagnoses dropped dramatically – from 1,575 cases in 2000 to 78 cases in 2013 – and the number of new AIDS cases decreased from 626 in 2000 to 74 cases in 2013 (in a country of just over 10 million people).
Drug overdose fatalities dropped from about 80 in 2001 to just 16 in 2012.
The Health Ministry estimates that only about 25,000 Portuguese use heroin, down from 100,000 when the policy began.
The percentage of people behind bars in Portugal for drug law violations has decreased dramatically, from 44 percent in 1999 to 24 percent in 2013.
The percentage of people arrested and sent to criminal court for drug possession declined by 60 percent.
The Portuguese Health Ministry spends less than $10 per citizen per year on its successful drug policy. Meanwhile the US has spent some $10K per household (more than $1 trillion total) over the decades on a failed drug policy that results in more than 1,000 deaths each week.
Perhaps most significantly, by removing the threat of criminal penalties, Portugal took away the fear and stigma associated with seeking treatment. Now those who need treatment come to it voluntarily – and are more likely to succeed as a result.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:47 AM   #45
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
no ... just saying how the addicts view Narcan they brag about how many times they have been Narcaned .. It was made to save lives and it does but for many it just puts them right back in the game to get high an hour later to do it all over again
Yet another problem with druggies - bragging about Narcan, the thing that saves their lives.

Quote:

I don't know, when I was young and in poor white and mixed communities I saw lots of poor white people going to jail over drugs. Did you live in a poor community where they took all the poor non-whites and put them in jail ?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-24-2018, 08:08 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why are you so fixated on feces?
Let's look at this Spence. San Francisco is ground zero for progressive liberalism in the US right now. And in this sophisticated, highly evolved, cosmopolitan utopia, they get more than 50 calls a day to remove human feces from public places.

And when I bring that up, instead of you being concerned why people are pooping on the sidewalk, your first instinct, is to think it reveals a character flaw of mine.

Very interesting.

Liberal=good, conservative=bad, no exceptions. Even public pooping is to be defended, when it's a result of liberalism.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Let's look at this Spence. San Francisco is ground zero for progressive liberalism in the US right now. And in this sophisticated, highly evolved, cosmopolitan utopia, they get more than 50 calls a day to remove human feces from public places.

And when I bring that up, instead of you being concerned why people are pooping on the sidewalk, your first instinct, is to think it reveals a character flaw of mine.

Very interesting.

Liberal=good, conservative=bad, no exceptions. Even public pooping is to be defended, when it's a result of liberalism.
What large city does not have a problem with homeless people?
How did liberals raise housing prices and change the job market?

It's always Liberals are bad, Paleoconservatives are good with you
Everything oppresses the poor Paleocons and nothing is their fault, if they only could control all, they would have everyone correctly marching in lockstep

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-24-2018, 08:55 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Everything oppresses the poor Paleocons and nothing is their fault, if they only could control all, they would have everyone correctly marching in lockstep
"What large city does not have a problem with homeless people?"

Nice dodge. All urban cities have homeless. It's not everywhere where they have a problem with feces like SF has. Why are you denying that SF has a poop problem? The people who run the city are more liberal than you are, and they would admit it's a huge problem. But you can't do it, because you can't be critical of liberalism.

"How did liberals raise housing prices and change the job market?"

Partly, by levying taxes that make it easier for the wealthy to live there, than the middle class. CT is going through a similar shift.

"It's always Liberals are bad"

Absolutely false. I am pro gay marriage, opposed to the death penalty, and in favor of more gun control. It is you, not me, who is an ideological purist. To you, liberalism is never bad. I give credit where it's due, and criticism where it's due.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:03 AM   #49
detbuch

Quote:

Maybe homeless people who poop on the streets avoid staying in towns run by Paleoconservatives (those mean traditionalist types who don't make it attractive for street poopers to live in their town).

Sounds like you're trying to be the opposing mirror image of how you perceive Jim to be.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:

I like that goose-stepping meme, or whatever you call it. So I'm a Nazi, because I have this insane notion that people should do #2 on a toilet somewhere, rather than at a school bus stop. That's me, a close-minded, uptight, ultra right wing control freak. I really need to lighten up and evolve.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I like that goose-stepping meme, or whatever you call it. So I'm a Nazi, because I have this insane notion that people should do #2 on a toilet somewhere, rather than at a school bus stop. That's me, a close-minded, uptight, ultra right wing control freak. I really need to lighten up and evolve.
I didn't say that, but as soon as Paleos are criticized they claim they are being called close-minded, uptight, Ultra right or Nazis.
Notice the guy with the whip is blue

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Maybe homeless people who poop on the streets avoid staying in towns run by Paleoconservatives (those mean traditionalist types who don't make it attractive for street poopers to live in their town).

Sounds like you're trying to be the opposing mirror image of how you perceive Jim to be.
More than 70% of the homeless in San Francisco are from there.
There are homeless people in Nebraska and Wyoming also.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #53
spence

SF has always had a homeless problem. Big issue today is the homeless are being pushed into the streets.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:14 AM   #54
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well, it did help in job creation. The city has formed a Poop Squad To go around the streets cleaning it up all the time
Old 08-24-2018, 11:34 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

I don't see that any city other than SanFran has a Poo problem that is being reported on or shows up online, though maybe I googled it wrong.

Maybe Jims right and liberals are full of .........

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #56
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
People can talk all they want.
Drugs are BIG BUSINESS in this country and the last thing our elected officials want
To do is fix it.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
More than 70% of the homeless in San Francisco are from there.
There are homeless people in Nebraska and Wyoming also.
Are the Nebraska and Wyoming homeless also street poopers? My understanding of the Paleoconservative view on the homeless is that they are OK with them so long as they don't poop in the street.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:26 PM   #58
detbuch

Quote:
I don't see that any city other than SanFran has a Poo problem that is being reported on or shows up online, though maybe I googled it wrong.

Maybe Jims right and liberals are full of .........
Maybe San Francisco can copy their free needles for drug addicts program by providing free pooper scoopers to the homeless.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
SF has always had a homeless problem. Big issue today is the homeless are being pushed into the streets.
Again, most cities have homeless. Not all cities get 50-100 calls a day to remove human feces. But asking why that is, reveals a flaw of mine according to you, not a flaw in city policy.