Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Movies, Classics to Less than Normal

Movies, Classics to Less than Normal By request - Grab your Popcorn. New Movie forum (for those that have given up fishing this year). (No P 0rn)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
BigBo

The Interview

I'm thinking it was all a clever ruse by Sony to sell more theater tickets. I was watching the news and there were crazy long lines of people waiting to see it. On Christmas Day no less. Looked like a bunch of Cambridge liberals.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
JohnnySaxatilis

I've heard this argument, more people are saying it. Its absurd... Staging terrorist threats on other company's theaters and asking for homeland security launch an investigation doesn't sound like smart business to me... From a company that's been doing pretty damn well since the beginning of the technology boom...to cash in from one movie out of thousands that are released during a year, all of which could potentially sink said company... this movie even with the popularity of it now will probably account for a fraction of a percent of the profits for the company this year

Jeeze you guys are sounding like the tabloids lately

something clever and related to fishing
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
BigBo

I had not heard that theory already. It just seemed possible due to what I was seeing on the news. It also seems like box office openers make way less than they ever did in the past due to quick releases of other venues such as Netflix, On-Demand, DVD, etc.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
PaulS

I may have to go see it just bc someone told me I can't see it. I don't think they should have actually used the NK leaders name. They could have just made up a name even though we all would know who it was.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
Raven

it's downloadable
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
iamskippy

Bottom line, Sony is a bunch of morons and if there is a country with some of the best hackers you dont want to piss off, NK is one. (Ukraine, China, Russia are a few others)

They are getting what they deserve IMHO, there is no "Publicity" or "money stunt" that will replace what they have lost, let alone the amount of down time of the Sony network for Christmas. I would not be surprised if they are not going to go bankrupt if they do not pull the movie and offer an apology.

The best part is all the info that the hackers now have. Stars info ( name Address SS bank account info etc.) So dont for a mine think this was a stunt.

Bottom Line Sony is ran by a bunch of morons. Sell your stocks now.
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
Redsoxticket

Best hackers no doubt from what I read intense schooling and training for the higher IQ people
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #8
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
Best hackers no doubt from what I read intense schooling and training for the higher IQ people
I swear they are born with Micro Chips in their brains and start coding at day 2...
Old 12-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

I saw it, at home in my living room. The movie leaders hair is not as weird as the real ones. Kinda stupid movie as most are of that genre, but points were made, that line up with the western view of North Korea.
I guess they could have called him Sum Yung Goy, but that would have just had different people whining.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #10
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I saw it, at home in my living room. The movie leaders hair is not as weird as the real ones. Kinda stupid movie as most are of that genre, but points were made, that line up with the western view of North Korea.
I guess they could have called him Sum Yung Goy, but that would have just had different people whining.
If there is is one movie i will not down load and watch its this one. I bet sony will be all over the isp's with tags on this movie. They wilm be looking for their copy right move, i dont feel like paying sony 15k
Old 12-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Do you think google stole it?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
JohnnySaxatilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
They are getting what they deserve IMHO, there is no "Publicity" or "money stunt" that will replace what they have lost, let alone the amount of down time of the Sony network for Christmas.
This is pissing me off... It was workin for a hot minute yesterday, but its down again... We all laughed at NK with the movie thing. Messing with our video games, now them is fightin words. Let the nukes fly

something clever and related to fishing
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #13
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis View Post
This is pissing me off... It was workin for a hot minute yesterday, but its down again... We all laughed at NK with the movie thing. Messing with our video games, now them is fightin words. Let the nukes fly
Supposedly its LS that is causing this and no affiliation with NK the other game channels paid the money but Sony is still saying no. However i still feel NK had influence on it, what better way to get back at Sony right in the pocket book.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #14
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

The sony (movies) intrusion was most likely state sponsored, some of the stuff called back to various countries including the norks by way of china to the best of my knowledge.

The sony video games/xbox thing was lizard squad. It was lizard squad previously as well. The sony video game/xbox thing was fixed by kimdotcom, he gave the lizard squad approximately 300,000$ worth of mega accounts with I believe 500gb of cloud space each because he wanted to be able to play a video game.

re: the movie

google play has it for $14 bucks or just run something that uses onion routing and encrypts peer to peer file sharing.

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #15
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber View Post
The sony (movies) intrusion was most likely state sponsored, some of the stuff called back to various countries including the norks by way of china to the best of my knowledge.

The sony video games/xbox thing was lizard squad. It was lizard squad previously as well. The sony video game/xbox thing was fixed by kimdotcom, he gave the lizard squad approximately 300,000$ worth of mega accounts with I believe 500gb of cloud space each because he wanted to be able to play a video game.

re: the movie

google play has it for $14 bucks or just run something that uses onion routing and encrypts peer to peer file sharing.
I'm getting old. I have no clue what the hell you just said here.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #16
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
If there is is one movie i will not down load and watch its this one.
i don't know if you caught seth on the "NAKED and AFRAID" show
but he is so disgusting a human being that i won't EVER watch
anything he ever does.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #17
redlite

It is already on netflix streaming.
Just watched it. Was only so-so
Dont understand what all the hype was about
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote