Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #121
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jeff : "Please don' t harm me, I voted for Hillary."
Terrorist: "You have a purty mouth."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Didn't the guy who said that take an arrow through the head?
Old 03-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #122
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
your opinion of what is or is not prudent is of no concern of these terrorists, they flew planes into buildings but you are scared of candidates suggesting preventative measures. This is America, when threatened, we defend, that is what we do, this president won't go on offense apparently, he won't even say the words radical Islamic.
Nobody, including Obama, is stating we don't defend ourselves. The difference is simply that Obama's policy has an appreciation for the real root-cause drivers of the terror problem. A big piece of this is how disillusionment feeds the radicalization engine.

ISIS was begging the US to invade a few years ago. Had we done so the situation today would likely be 100x worse than it is. There's a reason we're not carpet bombing as Ted Cruz promises to do, because it would turn the entire population against us leave millions without any infrastructure in which to live.

The big pieces of this puzzle have been slowly moving in place for a century, there's no simple or quick solution. I'd note that over the past year ISIS leadership and their territory are both shrinking...
Old 03-28-2016, 08:12 AM   #123
Nebe

Slip, you do realize that defend has a different definition than attack, right?
Old 03-28-2016, 09:29 AM   #124
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Nobody, including Obama, is stating we don't defend ourselves. The difference is simply that Obama's policy has an appreciation for the real root-cause drivers of the terror problem. A big piece of this is how disillusionment feeds the radicalization engine.

ISIS was begging the US to invade a few years ago. Had we done so the situation today would likely be 100x worse than it is. There's a reason we're not carpet bombing as Ted Cruz promises to do, because it would turn the entire population against us leave millions without any infrastructure in which to live.

The big pieces of this puzzle have been slowly moving in place for a century, there's no simple or quick solution. I'd note that over the past year ISIS leadership and their territory are both shrinking...
A result of this thoughtful approach is the refugee crisis and thousands slaughtered . Once again you blindly follow the script put fourth by an appeaser not a leader .
Old 03-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #125
Slipknot
Super Moderator

It is my belief that the best defense is a strong offense, we don't have a strong offense. Nebe, if we can find them then attack is ok by me.

no need to carpet bomb, I agree that will make matters worse.

mistakes have been made, there is time to correct them

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #126
Nebe

Sounds like you have a good recipe for a hell of a lot more violence.

Why not figure out why they are willing to die and figure out a solution ?
Old 03-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #127
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Aren't there people working on that?
I'm here minding my own business paying my taxes and voting, when I have time, sometimes fish

violence? when you get hit, you hit back
arrest the terrorists
no different with any other criminals

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Sounds like you have a good recipe for a hell of a lot more violence.

Why not figure out why they are willing to die and figure out a solution ?
"Why not figure out why they are willing to die "

BECAUSE THEIR RELIGION comands them to martyr themselves, if necessary, to kill everyone who doesn't want to wear a beard and beat their women.

"figure out a solution"

The solution is exactly the same as Obama's solution to dealing with the 3 pirates who held guns to the head of Captaiun Phillips. A bullet to the brain. That's the end ganme here. The only unknown, is exactly how many innocents have to first be sacrificed on the altar of bullsh*t political correctness, before the liberal delusionals come around and accept the facts.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:11 AM   #129
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nobody, including Obama, is stating we don't defend ourselves. The difference is simply that Obama's policy has an appreciation for the real root-cause drivers of the terror problem.
"The difference is simply that Obama's policy has an appreciation for the real root-cause drivers of the terror problem"

And how is Obama's policy working out? Is the Middle East more stable, or less stable, than it was 7 years ago?

"I'd note that over the past year ISIS leadership and their territory are both shrinking"

And I'm certain that comes as great comfort to the families of the victims in Belgium and France.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #130
detbuch

Quote:

If disillusion is the freeing of self from illusion doesn't that free the self to see what is real? If one were disillusioned with his religion wouldn't he abandon it rather than embrace it more deeply?

If the disillusion is in other people's way of life, should he not be happy that he did not have to live their way? Why would he sacrifice his life to destroy someone else's illusion? And if he were disenchanted with the illusion that someone other than of his religion or people occupied his territory, why would he not be satisfied when those others left?

Could it be that disillusion is not a "real root cause driver"?

Need we conjecture about what if? What if we hadn't pulled our troops out of Iraq in the first place? We don't know, do we? And 100x worse is a tad exaggerated, don't you think? Isn't that the type of hyperbole that Jim in CT is criticized for? And aren't millions leaving the ISIS areas as it is? If the entire population was against us, maybe they wouldn't want to come here. Many of us would think that is a good thing.

At any rate, what you conjecture verges on gibberish.

It's good that over the past year ISIS leadership and territory have shrunk. If ISIS is eradicated, with a protracted soft war rather than a precipitous harsh one (occaisionally infused with Russian harshness) will that solve the "puzzle?"

So it's a puzzle. And we are appreciating the "real root cause drivers" of the puzzle. And we are a century into the appreciating, but haven't quite got it yet.

Some, on the other hand, see the "puzzle" as having moved for well over a millennium. And not gotten any nearer a solution. Rather, the pieces periodically fall apart and re-pattern in various ways, but always a puzzle.

Except for those pieces of the puzzle who are not illusioned. Who are, and have always been, sure. They have always held to the confidence of their convictions. Gee, I wonder who they could be. Perhaps, if the rest of us were disillusioned about the nature of Islam the puzzle would fit together perfectly. But we must never point to Islam being a part of the puzzle. There are, after all, fixable parts . . . such as "real root cause drivers."
Old 03-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #131
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And how is Obama's policy working out? Is the Middle East more stable, or less stable, than it was 7 years ago?
I'm not sure your expectations are very realistic.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #132
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
It is my belief that the best defense is a strong offense, we don't have a strong offense.
We have the Number 1 offense in the league......its just that the coach is choosing to sit on the ball and run out the clock.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:

Oh, so if I expect him not to give away all the gains provided by The Surge, if I ask him just to maintain the status quo, that's asking too much. Turns out you are right, that would be asking way too much of this idiot.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
So you are conceding (without saying it of course) that the Middle East is worse off now, than before the Messiah was coronated?
Old 03-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #135
buckman

Quote:
We really can't lower the bar anymore Spence .
Old 03-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #136
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
We have the Number 1 offense in the league......its just that the coach is choosing to sit on the ball and run out the clock.
like that basketball team did over the weekend? how'd that work out?

Old 03-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
We really can't lower the bar anymore Spence .
Correct. Even Hilary, especially if Bill is giving her any advice, would be an improvement.

Obama...always wrong, yet never in doubt.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #138
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
like that basketball team did over the weekend? how'd that work out?
Lots of times that strategy bites you in the ass

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #139
wdmso

Quote:
So you are conceding (without saying it of course) that the Middle East is worse off now, than before the Messiah was coronated?
I love theses statements ^^^^^^

Please provide us with a date and Time that the middle east hasn't been messed up in your eyes and pleases lets not go back 100 years to do it

Conservatives have the amazing ability to Blame Obama for anything that occurs in other sovereign countries or domestic . even a Supreme court justice nomination.... if Obama agrees with them!!! the'll just Blacktrack

blacktrack
black·track intransitive verb \’blak-,trak\

The act of changing your mind because President
Obama has agreed with you.
also see pulling a 1 hatey or the Kenyan boomerang
Old 03-28-2016, 04:41 PM   #140
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Please provide us with a date and Time that the middle east hasn't been messed up in your eyes and pleases lets not go back 100 years to do it
Remember, some of these guys can't see beyond their noses. If there's a cold day in June then climate change isn't real right?

It's no wonder Trump is winning the GOP nomination right now.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:53 PM   #141
buckman

Quote:
Remember, some of these guys can't see beyond their noses. If there's a cold day in June then climate change isn't real right?

Yea cause you must be beaming over your candidate .
If there's a hurricane in Sept it must be climate change . We never had bad weather before fossil fuels .
Old 03-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #142
Jim in CT

Quote:
I love theses statements ^^^^^^

Conservatives have the amazing ability to Blame Obama for anything that occurs in other sovereign countries or domestic . even a Supreme court justice nomination.... if Obama agrees with them!!! the'll just Blacktrack

blacktrack
black·track intransitive verb \’blak-,trak\

The act of changing your mind because President
Obama has agreed with you.
also see pulling a 1 hatey or the Kenyan boomerang
"Please provide us with a date and Time that the middle east hasn't been messed up in your eyes "

Once again, instead of respondong to what I actually said, you claimed that I said something else, something not even close to what I actually said.

I never, ever said the Middle Eastern wasn't messed up. I said it was better on January 1 2008, than it is now. Before Obama got elected, Iraq had free, stable elections. The jihadists were decimated. I am sorry if that history lesson doesn't make Obama look swell. But that's what Iraq looked like when he took office.
After he withdrew, much of the territory we took during the Surge, was overtaken by ISIS.

WDMSO, is that true, or not?
Old 03-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:

This from the guy who said it's an "improvement" to take self-determination away from registered Democrats, in th eevent that they choose something other than what the party leaders want.

"If there's a cold day in June then climate change isn't real right?"

You never, ever see me saying anyhting that stupid. But when every single prediction made by the climate-change hysterics proves to be 100% false, any rational person would question the accuracy of their models. Not suprising that the guy who doesn't trust registered democrats to pick a candidate, doesn't think they should be able to decide if they have the right to turn on the air conditioner.

How long of a list would you like, of predictions that climate chnge fanatics made, that didn't come true? If they were right, North Dakota would be exporting pineapples by now. If they were wrong about all that, perhaps they were wrong about other things. That's all I am saying.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #144
wdmso

Quote:
"Please provide us with a date and Time that the middle east hasn't been messed up in your eyes "

Once again, instead of respondong to what I actually said, you claimed that I said something else, something not even close to what I actually said.

I never, ever said the Middle Eastern wasn't messed up. I said it was better on January 1 2008, than it is now. Before Obama got elected, Iraq had free, stable elections. The jihadists were decimated. I am sorry if that history lesson doesn't make Obama look swell. But that's what Iraq looked like when he took office.
After he withdrew, much of the territory we took during the Surge, was overtaken by ISIS.

WDMSO, is that true, or not?
not true.. the elections were only free and stable because we had boots on the ground I was there ... when we left as we should have.. the elections weren't stable they went back to shia vs sunni .. the Jihadist were not decimated the ones in Sunni Iraq Al Anbar Sunnis just blended in and when the sunni replacement for al qaeda aka ISIS they re emerged in Al Anbar province .( we didnt loose any ground it happen under sovereign Nation the Iraqis lost it not the USA mostly because the Shia central government did not engage in reconciliation and the it was still an active hot spot for jihadist close to Syria where most of the Jihadist crossed into Iraq to fight us .. sadly your history is not history but rather revisionist history lacking the whole story to suit your argument .. that all the problems in the world have been the cause of 1 man the POTUS.. and that alone shows the inability for you to discus objectively and rationally anything that involves Obama
Old 03-29-2016, 08:33 AM   #145
Jim in CT

Quote:
that all the problems in the world have been the cause of 1 man the POTUS.. and that alone shows the inability for you to discus objectively and rationally anything that involves Obama
"that all the problems in the world have been the cause of 1 man the POTUS"

well, if I had EVER said that, you would have a point, I suppose. Again, you are responding to something I never said (liberals really like doing that). But he is in charge, and the buck stops with him, does it not?

"inability for you to discus objectively and rationally anything that involves Obama"

How's this for objectivity?

Despite adding to our debt more than (I think) all 43 previous presidents combined, our recovery from this recession has been the slowest ever. GDP growth has been pathetic.

He said his stimulus would keep unemployment under 8%. It didn't.

He said Obamacare would save the average famile $2,500 a year, it didn't.

He said Obamacare would allow us to keep our plans/doctors, it doesn't.

Despite all that spending, we have more Americans on food stamps and in poverty

Iraq was stable when he took office. Against the advice of many, he didn't seek a SOFA, he pulled out, and ISIS moved right in.

He drew a "red line" in the ground and warned Syria not to use chemical weapons. They did.

He called ISIS the "JV", and the day before the terrorist attack in Paris, said they were contained. They aren't.

On race, we are way more divided now than we have ever been.

The stock market is way up. That's a good thing. That's about the only large-scale good thing you can point to.

He is constantly wrong, most of what he touches turns to vomit, yet he still has that arrogance. He could fall down a flight of stairs, get up, and act like he just scored the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl. Here is what his epitaph should read...Obama...always wrong, yet never in doubt.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:35 AM   #146
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Obama has never once admitting being wrong or making a mistake on ANYTHING. How is that even the slightest bit reasonable?
Make you wonder why this man cares more about himself than this country

Old 03-29-2016, 09:36 AM   #147
Nebe

Quote:
Obama has never once admitting being wrong or making a mistake on ANYTHING. How is that even the slightest bit reasonable?
Make you wonder why this man cares more about himself than this country
I don't see trump admitting wrong doing. Ever......
Old 03-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I don't see trump admitting wrong doing. Ever......
Agreed. Narcissism runs deep with those two. So does the azzhole gene.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #149
Nebe

An interesting side note. I read last night that trump's head strategist quit yesterday after he tweeted that only he could solve what happened in Pakistan on Easter. She said she was hired to insure that he only came in 2nd place in the primaries. So there you have it. This has only been a huge publicity stunt.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:49 AM   #150
Nebe

http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephan...paign-defector