Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
Finaddict

Coffee Drinkers

Have any of you coffee drinkers tried the Green Mountain Coffee being sold and given away for free at McDonalds yet?

I have not, but it's a free cup between 5-7 a.m. in the morning, wondering if anyone took advantage of that yet, or is DD still better?

I know this is very subjective ... a very good example can be seen with my father, who will take instant over brewed ... yikes ... even when a freshly brewed pot is sitting on the counter - creature of habit I guess.

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Finaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I thought McDonalds was selling Paul Newmans coffee now??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:45 AM   #3
snake slinger
end of the fence guy

the paul newmans was very good

boat fish dont count
snake slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:20 AM   #4
clumber

Yea..the Newmans is a nice upgrade from the toxic waste that McD's used to pass off as coffee. They even use simple syrup in their Iced coffee now, so you don't get the crunchy sugar sand on the bottom. (thought I admit, I sometimes like that).
At least now I don't have to pick up something to eat at McD's and then drive somewhere else to get a cup of coffee.
Is it better than DD? I don't know. I am so used to the taste of DD and they sell so much coffee around here that the pot is always relatively fresh.

" the fisherman taking a great cod line to which he fasteneth a peece of lobster and threwes it into the sea. The rockfish biting at it, he pulls her to him and knockes her on the head with a sticke."
clumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

I like Green Mtn and I often buy it by the lb. for my home. McD's now has decent coffee but I would say overall my favorite is Starbucks. DD's, Honeydew, and Marylou's are all the same in my estimation. I drink a lot of Marylou's because they are right in my office plaza where i work. All of the Marylou's shops have cute girls working at them. It's their schtick.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
Saltheart

Nothing like DD. probably because that's what I'm used to. in the morning , looking through the fog in my brain , i want something familiar.... a DD med , cream no sugar...yeah that's it!!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Andy, I like the coffee at that coffee shop you turned me onto in Newburyport.....some seriuosly cute servers there.

I haven't tried the Micky-D's stuff yet but I've heard it is good....Its Newmans that they are serving now.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #8
taJon

I like GM. I think that newman's own is made by them?

boatless................can I have a ride?
taJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Blue Mountain...

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #10
MrHunters
What was that!?!

its all what your used to. the longer you drink something the harder it is to warm up to another kind.

I started drinking just regular folgers again to save some money...(way to much d and d's) then I went back to dunks this week and it tasted different.

creature of habit is exactly what it is.
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

If it's the same as the newman's stuff that ain't bad, almost as good as DD IMO. Also, I must comment on the quality of DD's in Salem, I think so many people drink so much dunkins around here that it's always super-fresh, plus they have some of the most effecient DD's around here, I'm never waiting in line for more than like 2 minutes, even when it's out the door!!

Now coffee to brew at home (which for me is pretty much only a weekend event these days) I get all mine at Trader Joe's (and no, I"m not a tree hugger) and they have some of the best coffee there, get the Kuaui stuff or the regular medium roast is great too.
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #12
snake slinger
end of the fence guy

powder mill creamery has the best coffee! route 44 chepachet

boat fish dont count
snake slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #13
Sluggoslinger

I just love my dunkin. I never go anywhere else...
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
missing link

I like MacD's coffee I drink it black w/no sugar ,Green mountian is next DD coffee vaires place to place
Link

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #15
Terence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Andy, I like the coffee at that coffee shop you turned me onto in Newburyport.....some seriuosly cute servers there.

I haven't tried the Micky-D's stuff yet but I've heard it is good....Its Newmans that they are serving now.

Best cup I ever had was at a little shop on a side street in Newburyport. Best muffins too. Cute girls with tatoos galore.

AKA MDM
Terence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:46 PM   #16
Finaddict

Kevin - PI Roasters is still my favorite coffee ...

As for the Newman's, I'm pretty sure that is a Green Mountain brand - they sell the Newman's Own coffee

As for DD, I think it's too watered down, I drink it, but prefer a little stronger coffee that has more flavor ... the other thing is the people at the DDs around me don't know the meaning of dark and I have to send it back numerous times to get it right ... at the specialty shops, they let you add your own teaspoon of milk ...

We have been brewing coffee recently at home as well, Julie got a French Press coffee maker and we make organic Mexican, which has a great flavor ...

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #17
Finaddict

AS for the Hawaiin coffee at Trader Joe's it's good too, I'd take 100 percent Kona any day of the week ...

Old 03-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #18
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

The Milford MD has been doing a promo for about 6 months now, a DD opened up across from them almost right beside a HDew. So they been giving away a free small coffee all day long. Great gimmick and I told them so. The new GM coffee is great, I didnt like the PN coffee, thought instant was better.
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #19
MrHunters
What was that!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
The Milford MD has been doing a promo for about 6 months now, a DD opened up across from them almost right beside a HDew. So they been giving away a free small coffee all day long. Great gimmick and I told them so. The new GM coffee is great, I didnt like the PN coffee, thought instant was better.
That reminds me up near the rockingham mall there is a bk and a wendy's and the wendys had on their board "we take bk coupons" then a week later bk put up on their sign "we also take bk coupons"

made me chuckle everytime i went by it.
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #20
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I think how well the coffee taste relates to how hot it is brewed. I like DD, but now that Green Mountain is thrown into the mix I have to say I like that more. Had it my first time in S'west Harbor, Maine and that first impression has never gone away. Roche Bros. sells it now. I have a hard time getting my wife to purchase it though because she buys mostly organic food.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #21
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
The company I work for gets water from Poland Springs, they are also selling Green Mountain coffee. Poland Springs came in and set us up with a nice double pot brewer. So about once a month they restock us with water and a couple of cases of GM breakfast blend. I agree it is good coffee.

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:12 PM   #22
sok
North Shore Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
I like Green Mtn and I often buy it by the lb. for my home. McD's now has decent coffee but I would say overall my favorite is Starbucks. DD's, Honeydew, and Marylou's are all the same in my estimation. I drink a lot of Marylou's because they are right in my office plaza where i work. All of the Marylou's shops have cute girls working at them. It's their schtick.
I work for G.M.'s biggest competition in NE.
My employer supplies Marylou's.
My dept. gets invaded by a full busload (60+) of the Marylou's girls once a year.
I love my job that day.
Shift managers and store managers only; I have been told. Whatever.
I still love my job that day.

Poland Springs & Green Mountain?

Last edited by sok; 03-25-2007 at 06:19 PM..
sok is offline   Reply With Quote