Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Sponsors Specials

Sponsors Specials S-B OFFICIAL Sponsors Specials - Please Support Our Local Sponsors

Old 08-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Thumb-Burner

Arrival of new AFAW toys

Just received a few of the new line of AFAW rods.. these different from the ones we have sold to date in the US but are very impressive as well.

Officially, a 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13'er. The 9 and 10 should cast up to five and we are hoping they will become a good stick for jigging the canal. I've not cast any of them yet. While they don't have fuji guides, the fit and finish is tremendous and they still have a spigot joint instead of a tip over butt, so i know they will be very strong. They'll be available in spinning and conventional and the price range will likely be 150 - 230 bucks.. these will only be available in fully built rods, no blanks..

more to come...

Regarding our existing line of rods, rainsuits and rig bags, don't hesitate to contact Big Dave or MikeCC...

Also, tell your local shop about us.. All my contact information is on the website.

www.anyfishanywhereusa.com

I might be small.... but I'm slow.
Thumb-Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
kenyee

Sorry to dredge this old post up, but I was wondering how well the 10' AFAW 6nbait does w/ lighter lures...e.g., assuming max distance is with 5oz, if you stick 1.5oz on it, will it get 60% the distance? 70%? 80%? And if you put 6-7oz on it, do you get 80% of the distance?
kenyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Thumb-Burner

my opinion

no suited for under 2.5 oz to me..

I might be small.... but I'm slow.
Thumb-Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
kenyee

hmm...that still might be ok if the bombers have their hooks upgraded and the BB loading is done to them :-)
I was just wondering what the distance range ratios are for different weights in and out of the rated range. I'll have to see if M&D or Big Dave in the Boston area have one to test...
kenyee is offline   Reply With Quote