Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-13-2022, 11:00 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Biden administration says TX governor is causing inflation

How DARE he inspect trucks coming into his state from Mexico?

Psaki says his checks are unnecessary. If anything illegal is trucked across the border ( drugs, perhaps) it’s not unnecessary.

According to this administration, ( and the prior one) EVERYTHING is everybody else’s fault. No democrat ever did anything to cause one zillionth of one percent of the inflation.

The buck stops with republican governors who are currently embarrassing me! Abbott is busing illegals from TX to DC, which every state should do. it’s not TXs responsibility.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...rice-increases

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-13-2022 at 11:07 AM..
Old 04-13-2022, 12:44 PM   #2
spence

She’s exactly right, do a little homework Jim
Old 04-13-2022, 02:06 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
She’s exactly right, do a little homework Jim
I'll tell you what, I'll be happy to slap you around on this thread, if we can go back to the other thread...you made fun of me for suggesting that capital police let protesters into the capital, so I posted multiple videos of capital police doing exactly, precisely that.

And no response from you. Because as we all know, you're not honest or strong enough to admit when anyone else might be right. How long will you go into hiding after this November?
Old 04-13-2022, 04:50 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'll tell you what, I'll be happy to slap you around on this thread, if we can go back to the other thread...you made fun of me for suggesting that capital police let protesters into the capital, so I posted multiple videos of capital police doing exactly, precisely that.
No, your post was stupid because it ignored the few hundred officers engaged in hand to hand combat trying to keep the perimeter secure.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:13 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
No, your post was stupid because it ignored the few hundred officers engaged in hand to hand combat trying to keep the perimeter secure.
so what does it say about what happened that day, that there were multiple videos from
multiple different places, of cops
letting people in? it was nothing compared to the BLM riots which you dismissed. Nothing in terms of deaths or property damage.

as to this thread, abbott just started the state inspections, right? inflation has been at decades long highs for months.

the federal government, under presidents from both parties, printed a stupid amount of money. the fed waited way too long to raise interest rates. our own energy policy didn’t help, covid probably didn’t help, russia obviously didn’t help.

how many orgasms did you have when obama mocked romney for saying russsia was a threat?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-13-2022, 01:31 PM   #6
PaulS

We need an economist to answer the question.

Is anyone's wife a bank teller and can help us out?
Old 04-13-2022, 01:34 PM   #7
wdmso

to quote jims new friend Bill Maher

One of the things I find confounding about the far right is that they have an absolute distrust of the media, journalists, the fake news, the polls, election returns, science, but if something is in meme form, and posted on Facebook, they accept it as Gospel.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:49 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
We need an economist to answer the question.

Is anyone's wife a bank teller and can help us out?
while i give you credit for a funny delivery of that sentence….belittling the career of a members wife. If i had done that, i dare to say you’d call me angry.

you’re going to say with a straight face that you’ve never seen biden act in any way that gave you concern for his cognitative ability? Not once?
Old 04-14-2022, 06:16 AM   #9
Rmarsh

Quote:
while i give you credit for a funny delivery of that sentence….belittling the career of a members wife. If i had done that, i dare to say you’d call me angry

That fake POS is hiding behind a keyboard.....if he had the balls to say it to my face.....the consequences would be real.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:52 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
That fake POS is hiding behind a keyboard.....if he had the balls to say it to my face.....the consequences would be real.
i’m a keyboard warrior too, we all are.

i don’t think you need to be the US Surgeon General to see Biden is in decline. just look at him now compared to when he was VP.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:14 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
I'll PM you my details tough guy.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:18 AM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
while i give you credit for a funny delivery of that sentence….belittling the career of a members wife. If i had done that, i dare to say you’d call me angry.

you’re going to say with a straight face that you’ve never seen biden act in any way that gave you concern for his cognitative ability? Not once?
I looked it up bf answering and all experts say he is not senile. If he can't respond to my questions, he should tuck his tail between his legs and go back to lurking.

I don't have to take his comment about drivel.

I PMed him my address.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:50 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
I looked it up bf answering and all experts say he is not senile. If he can't respond to my questions, he should tuck his tail between his legs and go back to lurking.

I don't have to take his comment about drivel.

I PMed him my address.
and not long ago, financial “experts” told us inflation wasn’t real, then said it wast emptiest? then said it was a healthy thing. plenty of experts will lie if a tv network pays them to.

and i’ve seen doctors say he’s clearly showing evidence of dementia

watch biden now, compared to when he was VP, and tell me there isn’t obvious, glaring evidence of cognitive decline.

anyway, certainly you don’t have to take anything from anyone which you don’t like. I’d be a real hypocrite if i claimed otherwise. But maybe leave spouses out of it though. the lefties here like going after wife’s and kids.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:25 AM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
and not long ago, financial “experts” told us inflation wasn’t real, then said it wast emptiest? then said it was a healthy thing. plenty of experts will lie if a tv network pays them to.

and i’ve seen doctors say he’s clearly showing evidence of dementia

watch biden now, compared to when he was VP, and tell me there isn’t obvious, glaring evidence of cognitive decline.

anyway, certainly you don’t have to take anything from anyone which you don’t like. I’d be a real hypocrite if i claimed otherwise. But maybe leave spouses out of it though. the lefties here like going after wife’s and kids.
If he can't take a simple question asking for proof that Biden is senile, that Jill Biden doesn't care for him and that he isn't in charge he shouldn't post here. He said she had a degree and I asked a few questions and was looking for examples and what the degree was and then he starts crying like a little baby.

Anyways I PMed the tough guy my address and will wait to hear back.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:36 PM   #15
wdmso

The policy forces trucks to submit to a state inspection after a federal inspection once they cross the border from Mexico. It quickly escalated into an international incident

Truckers in the area have also reportedly began to protest these enhanced inspections,

Once again Republicans Trying to find issues where no exist just another political Stunt for his re election campaign
Old 04-13-2022, 02:08 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The policy forces trucks to submit to a state inspection after a federal inspection once they cross the border from Mexico. It quickly escalated into an international incident

Truckers in the area have also reportedly began to protest these enhanced inspections,

Once again Republicans Trying to find issues where no exist just another political Stunt for his re election campaign
Given the amount of drugs coming across, isn't it safe to say that federal inspections aren't quite getting it done? Or is it all Trumps fault?

"just another political Stunt for his re election campaign"

it's working.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:42 PM   #17
wdmso

Abbott is busing illegals from TX to DC, which every state should do. it’s not TXs responsibility.

wow your a loser Jim just saying if you support this nonsense ... you'll support Camps next I am 100% sure of that
Old 04-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Abbott is busing illegals from TX to DC, which every state should do. it’s not TXs responsibility.

wow your a loser Jim just saying if you support this nonsense ... you'll support Camps next I am 100% sure of that
If the federal government won't secure the border, why should texans pay for that?

Also, in the other thread, you said it was "only in my head" that elementary schools were teaching kids about gender identity.

I posted links showing that 4 liberal states are doing exactly that. How come you didn't comment after that? You're on other threads, but hiding from that one.

How come?
Old 04-13-2022, 07:44 PM   #19
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

How about they bus a few thousand of them to Somerset Ma instead on DC

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-14-2022, 05:46 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
that’s the thing. it’s so easy for liberals to advocate for open borders, when they know they’ll
never have to live with the consequences of those policies.

if the feds choose not to seal the border, why should residents of border states suffer for that? if people in CT and NY want to elect liberals who will open the border,,why shouldn’t they share in the pain that’s created by that policy?

that’s essentially liberalism in a nutshell- rules for thee, but not for me.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:22 PM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Your as brain dead as Jim. Is on the topic.. just another who would be all in on camps .. let me guess you think their were no illegals released under trump. No transgenders CRT and sex Ed wasn’t being taught schools..

It just happened after your man crush lost.. is that your suggestion
Old 04-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Paul, let's go very slowly...

You said "I looked it up bf answering and all experts say he is not senile"

Obviously, that's not true, unless you say the former physician to Obama and Trump isn't an expert.

I was directly responding to what you explicitly said.

If you agree that I never claimed that all doctors say he is senile, what was the point of your posting about a doctor who said he's not senile?

"he is a puppet"

Sorry, when he mumbles at press conferences things like "they won't let me take questions", who is the "they" that he's referring to?

"look up how to diagnosis dementia. None of those took place."

You guys are precious. So why is it OK for you to say he doesn't have it, on the basis that you spent some time with someone who does?

Clearly, you're going to reflexively ignore his behavior in front of your wyes, you're going to ignore doctors who say it appears he's senile. Fine. But when you elect a mentally weak person who wasn't all that impressive to start with, don't be shocked when the results are exactly what we're seeing.

"Biden does not have problems with either."

Clearly YOU are in a better position to say that, than a physician to two presidents.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:59 AM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, let's go very slowly...

You said "I looked it up bf answering and all experts say he is not senile"

Obviously, that's not true, unless you say the former physician to Obama and Trump isn't an expert.

I was directly responding to what you explicitly said.

If you agree that I never claimed that all doctors say he is senile, what was the point of your posting about a doctor who said he's not senile?

"he is a puppet"

Sorry, when he mumbles at press conferences things like "they won't let me take questions", who is the "they" that he's referring to?

"look up how to diagnosis dementia. None of those took place."

You guys are precious. So why is it OK for you to say he doesn't have it, on the basis that you spent some time with someone who does?

Clearly, you're going to reflexively ignore his behavior in front of your wyes, you're going to ignore doctors who say it appears he's senile. Fine. But when you elect a mentally weak person who wasn't all that impressive to start with, don't be shocked when the results are exactly what we're seeing.

"Biden does not have problems with either."

Clearly YOU are in a better position to say that, than a physician to two presidents.
He has press advisors. The same as every other president has had. They all want the Pres. to stick to the subject and not get off on tangents and to control the interview - not let the press control it.

I believe that the quote about not answering questions was as follows:

"You guys are bad. I’m not supposed to be answering all these questions,” the president said. “I’m supposed to leave, but I can’t resist your questions.”

“He takes questions nearly every day he’s out from the press,” Psaki told CNN analyst David Axelrod on “The Axe Files” podcast May 6. “That is not something we recommend. In fact, a lot of times, we say, ‘Don’t take questions.’ But he’s going to do what he wants to do because he’s the president of the United States.”

So how is his daily life and independent function impaired?
Old 04-14-2022, 12:10 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
He has press advisors. The same as every other president has had. They all want the Pres. to stick to the subject and not get off on tangents and to control the interview - not let the press control it.

I believe that the quote about not answering questions was as follows:

"You guys are bad. I’m not supposed to be answering all these questions,” the president said. “I’m supposed to leave, but I can’t resist your questions.”

“He takes questions nearly every day he’s out from the press,” Psaki told CNN analyst David Axelrod on “The Axe Files” podcast May 6. “That is not something we recommend. In fact, a lot of times, we say, ‘Don’t take questions.’ But he’s going to do what he wants to do because he’s the president of the United States.”

So how is his daily life and independent function impaired?
he’s obviously feeble, he often appears very confused and disoriented. if you’ve never seen that, not once, then you’re right to feel that way. maybe i’m
just a lying dog faced pony soldier.

you asked when was obama mean to biden. did you seee the video of the two of them at some gathering at the white house, obama completely ignored biden. idea walked up to obama, put his hand on his shoulder, said “Barack”, and obama didn’t even turn to loom at him, that’s the president.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-14-2022 at 12:27 PM..
Old 04-14-2022, 11:47 AM   #25
Jim in CT

can someone give me a rational argument for why illegal
immigration is ok?

if liberal cities can make their own laws and declare themselves to be sanctuary cities,,does that mean any city can unilaterally decide to disregard federal laws they don’t happen to like?
Old 04-14-2022, 02:46 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
if liberal cities can make their own laws and declare themselves to be sanctuary cities,,does that mean any city can unilaterally decide to disregard federal laws they don’t happen to like?
Municipalities and States are not necessarily obligated to enforce Federal laws. Why do you think weed is legal in many states?
Old 04-14-2022, 04:05 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Municipalities and States are not necessarily obligated to enforce Federal laws. Why do you think weed is legal in many states?
is what the states are doing then, in violation of federal law, or not?

doesn’t the constitution’s supremacy clause say that federal law trumps state law?

is it that the states aren’t violating federal law? or are they explicitly breaking federal law, and the feds are looking the other way?

if it’s the latter, then why do i pay federal income tax? why can’t i choose to not comply with that federal law?

can the DEA arrest people
in Massachusetts for smoking pot?
Old 04-14-2022, 04:07 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why do you think weed is legal in many states?
i presume, the answer is that once again, liberals believe they can pick and choose which laws they can just ignore, and for some reason they get away with it.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:16 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
i presume, the answer is that once again, liberals believe they can pick and choose which laws they can just ignore, and for some reason they get away with it.

Jim it is not the state’s responsibility to enforce federal law.. they don’t get paid by the federal government to do it so most states don’t..

So much for states Rights

And you have no idea what a sanctuary city even means outside your conservative indoctrinated meaning you think or believe that it refers to a city that doesn’t prosecute immigrants,

generally speaking, it’s a city (or a county, or a state) that limits its cooperation with federal immigration enforcement agents in order to protect low-priority immigrants from deportation, while still turning over those who have committed serious crimes

So in a nut shell illegal immigration is a misdemeanor And states won’t waste resources on non violent offenders

sanctuary cities see 15% less crime than non-sanctuary cities.

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

Omg how could conservatives be lying to Their sheep

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605...rder-crossings
Old 04-14-2022, 05:30 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim it is not the state’s responsibility to enforce federal law.. they don’t get paid by the federal government to do it so most states don’t..

So much for states Rights

And you have no idea what a sanctuary city even means outside your conservative indoctrinated meaning you think or believe that it refers to a city that doesn’t prosecute immigrants,

generally speaking, it’s a city (or a county, or a state) that limits its cooperation with federal immigration enforcement agents in order to protect low-priority immigrants from deportation, while still turning over those who have committed serious crimes

So in a nut shell illegal immigration is a misdemeanor And states won’t waste resources on non violent offenders

sanctuary cities see 15% less crime than non-sanctuary cities.

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

Omg how could conservatives be lying to Their sheep

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605...rder-crossings
i never came CLOSE to saying the states had the responsibility to enforce federal law. but it looks like blue states are going out of their way to violate federal
law, and that’s different. and the supremacy clause seems to say they can’t do that.

you’re saying states aren’t responsible for federal law, and i agree.

please tell me, then, why texans should have to spend $1 billion a year because the federal government chooses to have open borders, while liberals in MN and VT pay just about nothing. how is that fair to texans?

If citizens of Mass can reject federal
laws banning weed, why can’t i reject federal laws saying i must pay federal income tax? who gets to decide which of us can break federal laws,,and which of us can’t?