Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-02-2022, 09:11 AM   #1
Jim in CT

lefty Bill Maher slams media for censoring Hunter Biden laptop

Maher is incapable of being decent, but he’s not incapable of being correct. A very rare liberal who can criticize his side when they deserve it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-m...eft-wing-media
Old 04-02-2022, 09:43 AM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
He’s had negative things to say afoot the left seems quite a bit lately.
Maybe he’s seen the light or maybe he’s terminally ill and wants to make penance with god for fear of ending up in hell for all the lies he’s been spewing for decades.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-02-2022, 04:26 PM   #3
PaulS

He hates the right. Thinks their a bunch of foul mouth dingbats.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-02-2022, 04:41 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Maher is incapable of being decent, but he’s not incapable of being correct. A very rare liberal who can criticize his side when they deserve it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-m...eft-wing-media

Maher is incapable of being decent,

But I’ll use his opinion because it suits my narrative.. lol

While conservatives are yelling

Media’s suppression of Hunter Biden’s laptop was election interference

While ignoring Trump and others Tried to actually steal the election

Love conservatives logic
Old 04-02-2022, 04:51 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Maher is incapable of being decent,

But I’ll use his opinion because it suits my narrative.. lol

While conservatives are yelling

Media’s suppression of Hunter Biden’s laptop was election interference

While ignoring Trump and others Tried to actually steal the election

Love conservatives logic
i can differentiate between being a jerk, and being correct. you can’t.

Maher is right, they willfully buried the story, twitter and facebook censored it, they slandered people as russian agents who wanted to discuss it, until the story couldn’t hurt democrats politically. then they declared it was fair game

if the gop takes control of the house, which is a 95% likelihood, they’ll have hearings on this all day. maybe they’ll take a page out of “democrat logic” and impeach Biden. that’s what i sincerely hope they do.

the conservative logic seems
pretty popular with independents and hispanics at the moment, no?

A huge percentage of hispanics are catholics. they don’t want to be told
there’s no such thing as gender, and that ninth month abortions are swell.

if democrats could be moderate democrats, they’d be unstoppable outside of TX and SC. A democrat like Bill Clinton would win 40 states. 40. But they can’t.

their answer to all the failures at the moment, is to worsen the crisis at the border. is that “liberal logic”? keep shooting themselves in the d*ck? Keep pushing independents to the right?

seems to me that the DNC knows they’re going down, so they’re trying to empty out their wish list while they can, implement all the radical
liberal policies while
they still can.
Old 04-02-2022, 07:09 PM   #6
wdmso

So Trump lost the election so we’ll aka conservatives and sore losers will blame the media . And Transgenders . Suggesting he’s Sons Laptop had anything to do with his father..

And we’ll excuse Trump for attempting to steal the election.. believing he was treated badly

while they Dems implement all the radical
liberal policies

Spoken like a true cult member
Old 04-02-2022, 07:39 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
So Trump lost the election so we’ll aka conservatives and sore losers will blame the media . And Transgenders . Suggesting he’s Sons Laptop had anything to do with his father..

And we’ll excuse Trump for attempting to steal the election.. believing he was treated badly

while they Dems implement all the radical
liberal policies

Spoken like a true cult member
of all the things you’re claiming i said, i didn’t say any of them.

let me ask you, why did the media all work together to shut that story down, in the month before the election? why did they say it was russian disinformation?

there was never, ever a speck of proof it was russian disinformation. but that sounded great for democrats.

if the media wasn’t trying to protect biden, then you explain why they did what they did

you’re the one who gives your side a pass for trying to steal
an election. you refuse to comment of what congressional democrats did in 2016.

for the 100th time, let’s see who’s the cult member. tell us some
meaningful
policies on which you disagree with democrats

and again, why did you refer to desantis’ law as the don’t say gay bill, when there’s nothing in the bill
that treats homosexuality differently than heterosexuality?

I’d say you never had reason to believe it was an anti gay bull ( because it’s not anti gay), but you heard liberals say it, so you nodded like a good livestock and repeated it like a good sheep.

make that wrong. please make that wrong.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-02-2022 at 07:55 PM..
Old 04-03-2022, 11:22 AM   #8
wdmso

Ron passing a bill in the state where Republicans have been charge since 1999 passed this bill to protect
Heterosexual is comical it’s not even taught now k-3rd grade

teachings on sexual orientation or gender identity would be banned “in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.”

For starters, criticism that the “Don’t Say Gay” bill does not in fact say “gay” anywhere in its text is true.

does, however, contain the terms “sexual orientation” and “gender identity,” each twice.

But legal experts say that whether the bill prohibits the word “gay” itself is a “distraction.”

In the same way that critical race theory isn’t being taught in schools, that hasn’t stopped people like the governor of Florida from deploying the term ‘critical race theory’ in efforts to engage in certain kinds of political maneuverings,” said Charlton Copeland, a professor at the University of Miami School of Law

Critics have said the language of this provision could open districts and educators to lawsuits from parents who believe any conversation about LGBTQ people or issues to be inappropriate, regardless of their child’s age.

Legal experts agree,

So like I’ve said these. Bill are all based on a lie a fantasy constructed by the GOP and fed to the base as truth and DeSantis, who is widely seen as eyeing a run for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination and has signaled his support for the measure several times,

It’s all an election Stunt
Old 04-03-2022, 12:40 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ron passing a bill in the state where Republicans have been charge since 1999 passed this bill to protect

teachings on sexual orientation or gender identity would be banned “in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.”

For starters, criticism that the “Don’t Say Gay” bill does not in fact say “gay” anywhere in its text is true.

does, however, contain the terms “sexual orientation” and “gender identity,” each twice.

But legal experts say that whether the bill prohibits the word “gay” itself is a “distraction.”

In the same way that critical race theory isn’t being taught in schools, that hasn’t stopped people like the governor of Florida from deploying the term ‘critical race theory’ in efforts to engage in certain kinds of political maneuverings,” said Charlton Copeland, a professor at the University of Miami School of Law

Critics have said the language of this provision could open districts and educators to lawsuits from parents who believe any conversation about LGBTQ people or issues to be inappropriate, regardless of their child’s age.

Legal experts agree,

So like I’ve said these. Bill are all based on a lie a fantasy constructed by the GOP and fed to the base as truth and DeSantis, who is widely seen as eyeing a run for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination and has signaled his support for the measure several times,

you’re opposed to a bill, which prevents sex talk in grades k-3?

you think kids as young as 4, should have to hear about sex in school?

meanwhile his approval
ratings are soaring, and everyone thinks the democrats are in for a drubbing.

keep telling parents it’s bigoted to want to keep toddlers away from these topics. it’s a foolproof strategy.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:41 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

Legal experts agree,

how could you possibly know what’s not taught in florida?

“it’s an election stunt.”

kind of like passing a federal
law against lynching? is there an epidemic of
lynchings that missed?

are there any states where it’s currently legal to lynch blacks, and the feds needed to step in?
Old 04-03-2022, 09:22 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
how could you possibly know what’s not taught in florida?

“it’s an election stunt.”

kind of like passing a federal
law against lynching? is there an epidemic of
lynchings that missed?

are there any states where it’s currently legal to lynch blacks, and the feds needed to step in?
Children who know about sex know when someone is trying to abuse/groom them. Every parent should be talking to their kids about sex. My kids used proper anatomy words so if they ever came home with a private part nickname, I would have known that someone had been talking to them inappropriately.

Why would anyone object to a law against lynching?
Afraid you’ll lose the right to lynch?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2022, 10:01 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Children who know about sex know when someone is trying to abuse/groom them. Every parent should be talking to their kids about sex. My kids used proper anatomy words so if they ever came home with a private part nickname, I would have known that someone had been talking to them inappropriately.

Should there be a law specifically against stabbing? Or against bashing heads in with a baseball bat? Should there be a separate law for each method of murder? How about one law that covers all forms?

Oh yeah, we already have that.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:53 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

In Michigan there’s four murder laws
Old 04-04-2022, 05:27 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:

that’s the parents job, to decide when their kid is ready for that.

you can teach kids not to be too trusting with strangers, without discussing the pros and cons of different kinds of gender identity. the FL law prohibits discussion of gender identity and personal
sexual choices. it doesn’t prevent all safety discussions.

you’re misinformed or lying.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:01 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that’s the parents job, to decide when their kid is ready for that.

you can teach kids not to be too trusting with strangers, without discussing the pros and cons of different kinds of gender identity. the FL law prohibits discussion of gender identity and personal
sexual choices. it doesn’t prevent all safety discussions.

you’re misinformed or lying.
Floriduh’s latest political bill is just the resurrection of an old trope.

The bill’s proponents insist that the measure has nothing to do with harming the dignity of gay individuals but rather is aimed at ensuring age-appropriate sexual education. A series of tweets by Governor DeSantis’s press secretary, Christina Pushaw, however, suggests otherwise. “The bill that liberals inaccurately call ‘Don’t Say Gay’ would be more accurately described as an Anti-Grooming Bill,” Ms. Pushaw wrote. “Grooming” is a term for the tactics sexual predators use to manipulate and exploit their victims. “If you’re against the Anti-Grooming Bill,” she said in a second tweet, “you are probably a groomer or at least you don’t denounce the grooming of 4-8 year old children.”

The conflation of gay people, and gay men in particular, with pedophiles is an old and pernicious stereotype. In 1988 the British Parliament passed a measure preventing local authorities from “promoting homosexuality” or “the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship.” Known as Section 28, it stayed on the books until 2003. Ten years later, the Russian Duma unanimously passed legislation “for the purpose of protecting children from information advocating for a denial of traditional family values” prohibiting the dissemination of “propaganda” of nontraditional sexual relationships.

While branding gay people as child molesters has been a staple of right-wing rhetoric around the world, there has long existed a strain of American libertarian conservatism that deems the legal enshrinement of such prejudices as an invasion of privacy and a dangerous enhancement of state power. During a similar episode of anti-gay moral panic, none other than Ronald Reagan — whose record on L.G.B.T. issues is most often defined by his shameful inaction around H.I.V. and AIDS during his presidency — turned to his libertarian roots to thwart such bigotry, rather than promote it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2022, 07:19 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Floriduh’s latest political bill is just the resurrection of an old trope.

The bill’s proponents insist that the measure has nothing to do with harming the dignity of gay individuals but rather is aimed at ensuring age-appropriate sexual education. A series of tweets by Governor DeSantis’s press secretary, Christina Pushaw, however, suggests otherwise. “The bill that liberals inaccurately call ‘Don’t Say Gay’ would be more accurately described as an Anti-Grooming Bill,” Ms. Pushaw wrote. “Grooming” is a term for the tactics sexual predators use to manipulate and exploit their victims. “If you’re against the Anti-Grooming Bill,” she said in a second tweet, “you are probably a groomer or at least you don’t denounce the grooming of 4-8 year old children.”

The conflation of gay people, and gay men in particular, with pedophiles is an old and pernicious stereotype. In 1988 the British Parliament passed a measure preventing local authorities from “promoting homosexuality” or “the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship.” Known as Section 28, it stayed on the books until 2003. Ten years later, the Russian Duma unanimously passed legislation “for the purpose of protecting children from information advocating for a denial of traditional family values” prohibiting the dissemination of “propaganda” of nontraditional sexual relationships.

While branding gay people as child molesters has been a staple of right-wing rhetoric around the world, there has long existed a strain of American libertarian conservatism that deems the legal enshrinement of such prejudices as an invasion of privacy and a dangerous enhancement of state power. During a similar episode of anti-gay moral panic, none other than Ronald Reagan — whose record on L.G.B.T. issues is most often defined by his shameful inaction around H.I.V. and AIDS during his presidency — turned to his libertarian roots to thwart such bigotry, rather than promote it.
read the bill, then tell us what’s bigoted against gays.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:22 AM   #17
Jim in CT

pete you call it flori-duh.

it’s a state with zero income tax yet a booming economy.

it’s a state that managed covid far better then NY, which is governed by the guy Biden said was “the gold standard” in terms of managing covid. But FL had lower death rates, despite having a larger elderly population, and despite not locking down as strictly, despite not closing schools as long. That’s called “winning.”.

People are moving from NY to flori-duh in massive numbers, so clearly the country doesn’t agree with your assessment. but you know better!

Old 04-04-2022, 07:26 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
read the bill, then tell us what’s bigoted against gays.
To persuade him to oppose Proposition 6, Mr. Mixner used Mr. Reagan’s own language: “Anarchy,” he told the former governor, who had used that word to describe campus unrest at Berkeley, would be unleashed in classrooms statewide as students lodged spurious charges of homosexuality against their teachers. Disciplinary proceedings would in turn spark court challenges, and the power of state authorities over school boards would increase — a development that ought to raise alarms with any advocate of local control, as Mr. Reagan was. Finally, endless witch hunts against teachers would swell administrative budgets and legal costs, bugbears of every small-government conservative.

Mr. Reagan, Mr. Mixner told me four decades later, “almost grinned” as he heard the case, “like he was looking for an excuse not to support these people.”

A few days later, Mr. Mixner’s gambit paid off. “I don’t approve of teaching a so-called gay lifestyle in our schools,” Mr. Reagan announced. But Proposition 6 “has the potential of infringing on basic rights of privacy and perhaps even constitutional rights.” He made a more substantive case in his syndicated column published a week before the election, refuting the claim that gays had a greater propensity to be child molesters and the canard that they joined the teaching profession to recruit impressionable youngsters.

On Election Day, voters rejected Proposition 6, 58 percent to 42 percent, a nearly exact reversal of what the polls indicated just two months earlier. “That one single endorsement — Ronald Reagan’s — turned the polls around,” Mr. Briggs groused after the election. The Rev. Jerry Falwell, then emerging as a leader of an increasingly powerful voting bloc, evangelical Christians, declared that Mr. Reagan had taken “the political rather than the moral route” and would “have to face the music from Christian voters two years from now.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2022, 08:01 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
To persuade him to oppose Proposition 6, Mr. Mixner used Mr. Reagan’s own language: “Anarchy,” he told the former governor, who had used that word to describe campus unrest at Berkeley, would be unleashed in classrooms statewide as students lodged spurious charges of homosexuality against their teachers. Disciplinary proceedings would in turn spark court challenges, and the power of state authorities over school boards would increase — a development that ought to raise alarms with any advocate of local control, as Mr. Reagan was. Finally, endless witch hunts against teachers would swell administrative budgets and legal costs, bugbears of every small-government conservative.

Mr. Reagan, Mr. Mixner told me four decades later, “almost grinned” as he heard the case, “like he was looking for an excuse not to support these people.”

A few days later, Mr. Mixner’s gambit paid off. “I don’t approve of teaching a so-called gay lifestyle in our schools,” Mr. Reagan announced. But Proposition 6 “has the potential of infringing on basic rights of privacy and perhaps even constitutional rights.” He made a more substantive case in his syndicated column published a week before the election, refuting the claim that gays had a greater propensity to be child molesters and the canard that they joined the teaching profession to recruit impressionable youngsters.

On Election Day, voters rejected Proposition 6, 58 percent to 42 percent, a nearly exact reversal of what the polls indicated just two months earlier. “That one single endorsement — Ronald Reagan’s — turned the polls around,” Mr. Briggs groused after the election. The Rev. Jerry Falwell, then emerging as a leader of an increasingly powerful voting bloc, evangelical Christians, declared that Mr. Reagan had taken “the political rather than the moral route” and would “have to face the music from Christian voters two years from now.”
not sure what any of that no
sense had to do with the bill.

for the second time, point to language that’s actually in the bill, which is bigoted against gays, please?

you guys keep saying it’s anti gay, i keep asking which specific language is anti gay, then you go on some rant.

which means even you know it’s not anti gay.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:16 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
not sure what any of that no
sense had to do with the bill.

for the second time, point to language that’s actually in the bill, which is bigoted against gays, please?

you guys keep saying it’s anti gay, i keep asking which specific language is anti gay, then you go on some rant.

which means even you know it’s not anti gay.
Then answer this

If a classroom is discussing a book about a picnic, and a girl says she went on a picnic with her two moms, and her brother who used to be her sister, and the other kids ask the teacher questions because their parents didn't tell them this happens, how does the teacher respond?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2022, 08:20 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Then answer this

If a classroom is discussing a book about a picnic, and a girl says she went on a picnic with her two moms, and her brother who used to be her sister, and the other kids ask the teacher questions because their parents didn't tell them this happens, how does the teacher respond?
so you dodged my question twice, then expect me to answer yours?

the answer is simple. the teacher says to the kids, “ask your parents. it’s their job, not mine, to discuss the pros and cons of different lifestyle choices. “

how is that answer favoring any one group, over any other group?

i answered your question, so show me the same courtesy and answer mine.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so you dodged my question twice, then expect me to answer yours?

the answer is simple. the teacher says to the kids, “ask your parents. it’s their job, not mine, to discuss the pros and cons of different lifestyle choices. “

how is that answer favoring any one group, over any other group?

i answered your question, so show me the same courtesy and answer mine.
What’s a “lifestyle”?

Ostensibly, HB 1557 is about protecting the rights of parents, which sounds laudable enough. But a close read of the text shows it to be an overly broad piece of legislation that requires school mental-health counselors to “out” LGBTQ+ children to their parents and makes any discussion of LGBTQ+ issues or identities practically forbidden because parents could start a state investigation and sue for damages any time they feel aggrieved. As a result, the bill endangers the lives of children who already suffer disproportionately high rates of houselessness and self-harm. Really, it’s the “Don’t Discuss Anything About Queer or Trans Existence and Don’t Counsel Trans or Gay Kids (Instead, You Must Out Them to Their Parents) or Else Parents Can Force a State Investigation of the School, Get Money Damages, and Probably Get You Fired” bill.

The bill states that classroom instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity is barred “in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.”

Florida Rep. Joe Harding — the House bill’s sponsor — said at a Feb. 17 hearing that classroom instruction on such topics could be restricted beyond third grade if it is determined not to be age or developmentally appropriate.

“Anytime a law is vague there’s going to be litigation,” Jane Windsor, a Florida attorney who specializes in education law, told PolitiFact. “They did not draft it well, so it could be clearly understood past the third grade.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
What’s a “lifestyle”?

Ostensibly, HB 1557 is about protecting the rights of parents, which sounds laudable enough. But a close read of the text shows it to be an overly broad piece of legislation that requires school mental-health counselors to “out” LGBTQ+ children to their parents and makes any discussion of LGBTQ+ issues or identities practically forbidden because parents could start a state investigation and sue for damages any time they feel aggrieved. As a result, the bill endangers the lives of children who already suffer disproportionately high rates of houselessness and self-harm. Really, it’s the “Don’t Discuss Anything About Queer or Trans Existence and Don’t Counsel Trans or Gay Kids (Instead, You Must Out Them to Their Parents) or Else Parents Can Force a State Investigation of the School, Get Money Damages, and Probably Get You Fired” bill.

The bill states that classroom instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity is barred “in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.”

Florida Rep. Joe Harding — the House bill’s sponsor — said at a Feb. 17 hearing that classroom instruction on such topics could be restricted beyond third grade if it is determined not to be age or developmentally appropriate.

“Anytime a law is vague there’s going to be litigation,” Jane Windsor, a Florida attorney who specializes in education law, told PolitiFact. “They did not draft it well, so it could be clearly understood past the third grade.”
you couldn’t answer. you’re such a coward it’s unbelievable.

your long repost says that by forbidding teachers in grades k-3 to celebrate homosexuality, that puts kids’ lives in danger.

ok. show me the data which says that kids age 4-8 were committing suicide before we started ramming this down everyone’s throats in school. show me the data to say that the only thing saving these kids ( grades k-3, mind you) is the ability to discuss their homosexuality in school.

Nonsense.

the bill applies to grades K-3. And a majority of floridians want it. have you seen Desantis’ approval ratings? a tad higher than Biden’s.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-04-2022 at 09:01 AM..
Old 04-04-2022, 01:50 PM   #24
wdmso

Jim you never watched the show did you. You saw the headline and ran with it!
I guess you missed what he said next

Old 04-04-2022, 02:14 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you never watched the show did you. You saw the headline and ran with it!
I guess you missed what he said next

i’m aware maher hates republicans and foxnews. that doesn’t mean he’s wrong, when he attacks the left for burying a story i. order to help biden get elected.

a lot of reliable liberals are scared for november. are you going to claim you aren’t aware of that?

chuck todd is losing his marbles over what he sees coming.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-04-2022 at 02:25 PM..
Old 04-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
In Michigan there’s four murder laws
They are not about the type or form weapons used. Lynching will fit nicely into one of the laws. A separate law for lynching is not required.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
They are not about the type or form weapons used. Lynching will fit nicely into one of the laws. A separate law for lynching is not required.
it is required when everyone on the left knows what’s coming in november, unless they convince voters that republicans are in favor of lynching.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:12 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

As we wake to pictures and reports of horrifying war crimes committed by Vladimir Putin's forces in Ukraine, innocents, hands tied behind their backs, lined up and executed, children, women, men, thrown into ditches or left in the streets, I would remind you of this:
"Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am."
-- Tucker Carlson

"This is genius. Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine -- of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful."
-- Donald J. Trump

"I'd say that's pretty smart. He's [Putin] taking over a country -- really a vast, vast location, a great piece of land with a lot of people, and just walking right in."
-- Donald. J. Trump

Russia learned from the Nazi invasion of their own country. They took that brutal lesson to heart, target the innocents, burn the hospitals, slaughter civilians, destroy the infrastructure.

Trump, Carlson, et al look upon that horror and they see ... strength.
You have only to look to Fox News and OAN right now to see those who speak for Republican ideology threatening similar revenge on Americans for imagined slights. See the comment of Ron DeSantis, Florida Republicans, Laura Ingraham, et al.
That's how it starts.

That rhetoric. Revenge. Getting even. Using the power of government and the military to crush your opponents. That's where it starts.

And it ends with the bodies of innocents shot in the head and dumped in a ditch.

You remember when Trump as President threatened to send the Army into Chicago?

And Republicans cheered that idea?

When he paraded tanks through our capitol?

And Republican cheered?

Do you?

It's all part of the same mindset, one that ends in genocide. Every time.

We must not only stop what's happening in Ukraine, we must stop it before it happens HERE.

Case in point, right here.

This is how you justify genocide. This is how you justify the same sort of slaughter that's happening in Ukraine right now.

This is how you see Vladimir Putin as strength. Right here. This right here.

Rep. Lisa McClain (MI) says that migrants crossing the border are all “terrorists, convicts, murderers and rapists.”
Old 04-04-2022, 05:23 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
As we wake to pictures and reports of horrifying war crimes committed by Vladimir Putin's forces in Ukraine, innocents, hands tied behind their backs, lined up and executed, children, women, men, thrown into ditches or left in the streets, I would remind you of this:
"Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am."
-- Tucker Carlson

"This is genius. Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine -- of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful."
-- Donald J. Trump

"I'd say that's pretty smart. He's [Putin] taking over a country -- really a vast, vast location, a great piece of land with a lot of people, and just walking right in."
-- Donald. J. Trump

Russia learned from the Nazi invasion of their own country. They took that brutal lesson to heart, target the innocents, burn the hospitals, slaughter civilians, destroy the infrastructure.

You have only to look to Fox News and OAN right now to see those who speak for Republican ideology threatening similar revenge on Americans for imagined slights. See the comment of Ron DeSantis, Florida Republicans, Laura Ingraham, et al.
That's how it starts.

That rhetoric. Revenge. Getting even. Using the power of government and the military to crush your opponents. That's where it starts.

And it ends with the bodies of innocents shot in the head and dumped in a ditch.

And Republican cheered?

Do you?

We must not only stop what's happening in Ukraine, we must stop it before it happens HERE.

This is how you justify genocide. This is how you justify the same sort of slaughter that's happening in Ukraine right now.

Rep. Lisa McClain (MI) says that migrants crossing the border are all “terrorists, convicts, murderers and rapists.”
if you’re uneasy with the republicans aggressive flexing of muscles now, wait until november pete.

obama’s IRS was targeting conservatives when he was potus. Where was your concern for political retribution then? or for Carter Paige?

oh, you’re going to have a rough november.

if trump had sent the army into places like chicago, more blacks would be alive right now. those places are third world cities

you have come completely unhinged. trump speaks for all
republicans? when Hilary slut shamed her husbands victims on national tv, did that cause you to vote for someone else? seriously, why is it on when you support a morally bankrupt candidate? but a character flaw when anyone else does it?
Old 04-04-2022, 07:39 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
-- Tucker Carlson

-- Donald J. Trump

-- Donald. J. Trump

That's how it starts.

And Republican cheered?

Do you?

Propaganda Pete selects together a montage of past quotes from different contexts, some with different intents when taken out of context, some being sarcastic rather than serious, all of which were said before present conditions and all pasted together to create a picture of Republicans being bloodthirsty NAZI Stalinistic insurgent insurrectionists who are about to commit genocide on the American people if they are not stopped.

As Pete has warned--be very afraid!