Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-18-2022, 01:24 PM   #271
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Not driving drunk is also.
Are you sure driving drink not is also?

Here's a sincere question, is there data that suggests that unvaccinated people are infecting others with covid, moreso than vaccinated people?

One personal observation isn't worth much, but in my house, all 5 are fully vaccinated, and 4 of us had covid last week, and we gave it to each other. None of us got seriously sick, and I am convinced the vaccines are great at reducing severity. Not so sure they do much to prevent the spread to begin with, not with omicron.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:39 PM   #272
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i asked you a question. you dodged. so here it is again…

do liberals too often play the race card?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
As much as Trumplicans play the victim card, but perhaps I can translate a few things for you:

Christianity under attack -> respect shown for other religions and their followers

Discrimination against whites -> whites not given preference

Traditional way of life threatened -> Whites can no longer take their position in society for granted

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2022, 02:49 PM   #273
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As much as Trumplicans play the victim card, but perhaps I can translate a few things for you:

Christianity under attack -> respect shown for other religions and their followers

Discrimination against whites -> whites not given preference

Traditional way of life threatened -> Whites can no longer take their position in society for granted
NY state is giving preferential treatment to non whites in terms of covid treatment.

affirmative action, quotas, critical
race theory, all lefty racism.

huge investment firm needs special HR approval to hire whites.

Not what MLK wanted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-white-men.amp

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-18-2022 at 02:56 PM..
Old 01-18-2022, 04:09 PM   #274
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Here's a sincere question, is there data that suggests that unvaccinated people are infecting others with covid, moreso than vaccinated people?
The vaccine doesn't stop you from getting infected with COVID, it doesn't stop you from getting sick with COVID, and it doesn't stop people from spreading COVID.

What it does do is give your body what it needs to fight the virus. You do not get as sick, or for as long, from the virus as someone unvaccinated. By shortening the length of the infection/illness you do cut down on how long you can spread the virus.

No, it's not the fault of the unvaccinated that we are still in a pandemic, that would fall on Mother Nature. It needs to run its course.

Unfortunately, some people need a boogeyman to point the finger at

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-18-2022, 04:27 PM   #275
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
NY state is giving preferential treatment to non whites in terms of covid treatment.

“Everyone is working very hard to make sure we get it to patients. And part of that strategy is really to give it to people who really need it, who are the most likely to be severely ill from COVID,” Brown said.

Those most likely to benefit: The severely immunocompromised, with multiple chronic illnesses. Also prioritized? The non-vaccinated.

“Unfortunately, the unvaccinated patients, who should have been vaccinated, they are the ones who are going to be eligible as well,” said Dr. Aaron Glatt of Mount Sinai South Nassau Hospital. “I would like to reassure the vaccinated and boosted patients that you really don’t need this drug in general.”

Health officials remind the public there is a better way to boost your protection before you even get sick, and it lasts longer than monoclonal antibodies. It’s called the vaccine.

affirmative action, quotas, critical
race theory, all lefty racism.

huge investment firm needs special HR approval to hire whites.

The firm will still hire White men, McNicholas said, but recruiters are required to show that women and minority applicants were interviewed by the panels.

Not what MLK wanted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-white-men.amp

MLK Day is the perfect day to remind everyone that another name for “Critical Race Theory” is “Actual American History”.

Far from stressing that race is “the most important thing,” critical race theory challenges the idea that race is a thing at all. It starts with the premise that there is no biological or scientific justification for racial categories and that race was a socially constructed invention — a fiction, but one that has nevertheless been written into our laws and legislation.

Critical race theory just says let's pay attention to what has happened in this country and how what has happened in this country is continuing to create differential outcomes, so we can become that country that we say we are.

To claim that MLK would have been against critical race theory is patently false, but I suppose if the only thing you have read of his is one sentence then you might believe that.

I would suggest that you read Letter from Birmingham but here is a little part of it.

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

In your statement you assert that our actions, even though peaceful, must be condemned because they precipitate violence. But is this a logical assertion? Isn't this like condemning a robbed man because his possession of money precipitated the evil act of robbery? Isn't this like condemning Socrates because his unswerving commitment to truth and his philosophical inquiries precipitated the act by the misguided populace in which they made him drink hemlock? Isn't this like condemning Jesus because his unique God consciousness and never ceasing devotion to God's will precipitated the evil act of crucifixion? We must come to see that, as the federal courts have consistently affirmed, it is wrong to urge an individual to cease his efforts to gain his basic constitutional rights because the quest may precipitate violence. Society must protect the robbed and punish the robber. I had also hoped that the white moderate would reject the myth concerning time in relation to the struggle for freedom. I have just received a letter from a white brother in Texas. He writes: "All Christians know that the colored people will receive equal rights eventually, but it is possible that you are in too great a religious hurry. It has taken Christianity almost two thousand years to accomplish what it has. The teachings of Christ take time to come to earth." Such an attitude stems from a tragic misconception of time, from the strangely irrational notion that there is something in the very flow of time that will inevitably cure all ills. Actually, time itself is neutral; it can be used either destructively or constructively. More and more I feel that the people of ill will have used time much more effectively than have the people of good will. We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people. Human progress never rolls in on wheels of inevitability; it comes through the tireless efforts of men willing to be co workers with God, and without this hard work, time itself becomes an ally of the forces of social stagnation. We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right. Now is the time to make real the promise of democracy and transform our pending national elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood. Now is the time to lift our national policy from the quicksand of racial injustice to the solid rock of human dignity.

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Article...irmingham.html

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2022, 04:33 PM   #276
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The vaccine doesn't stop you from getting infected with COVID, it doesn't stop you from getting sick with COVID, and it doesn't stop people from spreading COVID.

What it does do is give your body what it needs to fight the virus. You do not get as sick, or for as long, from the virus as someone unvaccinated. By shortening the length of the infection/illness you do cut down on how long you can spread the virus.

No, it's not the fault of the unvaccinated that we are still in a pandemic, that would fall on Mother Nature. It needs to run its course.

Unfortunately, some people need a boogeyman to point the finger at
Whether vaccination of individual persons for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) protects members of their households is unclear. We investigated the effect of vaccination of health care workers in Scotland (who were among the earliest groups to be vaccinated worldwide) on the risk of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) among members of their households.

We evaluated data from 194,362 household members (which represented 92,470 households of 2 to 14 persons per household) of 144,525 health care workers who had been employed during the period from March 2020 through November 2020. The mean ages of the household members and the health care workers were 31 and 44 years, respectively; a majority (>96%) were White. A total of 113,253 health care workers (78.4%) had received at least one dose of either the BNT162b2 (Pfizer–BioNTech) mRNA vaccine or the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Oxford–AstraZeneca) vaccine, and 36,227 (25.1%) had received a second dose.

The primary outcome was any confirmed case of Covid-19 that occurred between December 8, 2020, and March 3, 2021. We also report results for Covid-19–associated hospitalization. The primary time periods we compared were the unvaccinated period before the first dose and the period beginning 14 days after the health care worker received the first dose. No adjustment was made for multiplicity. Events that occurred after any household member was vaccinated were censored. Detailed methods and results, strengths and limitations, and the protocol are provided in the Supplementary Appendix, which is available with the full text of this letter at NEJM.org. This study was approved by the Public Benefit and Privacy Panel (2021-0013), and the scientific officer of the West of Scotland Research Ethics Committee provided written confirmation that formal ethics review was not required.

Cases of Covid-19 were less common among household members of vaccinated health care workers during the period beginning 14 days after the first dose than during the unvaccinated period before the first dose (event rate per 100 person-years, 9.40 before the first dose and 5.93 beginning 14 days after the first dose). After the health care worker’s second dose, the rate in household members was lower still (2.98 cases per 100 person-years). These differences persisted after fitting extended Cox models that were adjusted for calendar time, geographic region, age, sex, occupational and socioeconomic factors, and underlying conditions. Relative to the period before each health care worker was vaccinated, the hazard ratio for a household member to become infected was 0.70 (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.63 to 0.78) for the period beginning 14 days after the first dose and 0.46 (95% CI, 0.30 to 0.70) for the period beginning 14 days after the second dose (Table 1 and the Supplementary Appendix).
Not all the cases of Covid-19 in the household members were transmitted from the health care worker; therefore, the effect of vaccination may be larger.1 For example, if half the cases in the household members were transmitted from the health care worker, a 60% decrease in cases transmitted from health care workers would need to occur to elicit the association we observed (see the Supplementary Appendix). Vaccination was associated with a reduction in both the number of cases and the number of Covid-19–related hospitalizations in health care workers between the unvaccinated period and the period beginning 14 days after the first dose.

Given that vaccination reduces asymptomatic infection with SARS-CoV-2,2,3 it is plausible that vaccination reduces transmission; however, data from clinical trials and observational studies are lacking.4,5 We provide empirical evidence suggesting that vaccination may reduce transmission by showing that vaccination of health care workers is associated with a decrease in documented cases of Covid-19 among members of their households. This finding is reassuring for health care workers and their families.

Anoop S.V. Shah, M.D.
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom

Ciara Gribben, M.Sc.
Jennifer Bishop, M.Sc.
Public Health Scotland, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Peter Hanlon, M.D.
University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom

David Caldwell, M.Sc.

Rachael Wood, Ph.D.
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Martin Reid, B.Sc.
Jim McMenamin, M.D.
David Goldberg, M.D.
Diane Stockton, M.Sc.

Sharon Hutchinson, Ph.D.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2022, 04:38 PM   #277
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Nice, you posted a long winded article, that no one will read, that basically says what I just said, without a boogie man reference.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:10 PM   #278
Jim in CT

Quote:

i guess that’s what i’m wondering, and i know you’re not a rabid follower of either party.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:13 PM   #279
Jim in CT

pete, i said that form
can’t hire whites without special
permission from HR.

and somehow, you think
you’re refuting me, when you say that can’t hire whites without getting permission from HR.

Why does every position need to interview non whites before it can be filled?

Your side can’t let go of skin color, it’s all
that matters, like a dog with a meaty bone.

it fires up your base. It runs the risk of turning others off.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:39 PM   #280
detbuch

Quote:
MLK Day is the perfect day to remind everyone that another name for “Critical Race Theory” is “Actual American History”.

Oh, good. Then we can stop calling it Critical Race Theory, and just call it "American History."

Far from stressing that race is “the most important thing,” critical race theory challenges the idea that race is a thing at all. It starts with the premise that there is no biological or scientific justification for racial categories and that race was a socially constructed invention — a fiction, but one that has nevertheless been written into our laws and legislation.

I thought it was American History?

Critical race theory just says let's pay attention to what has happened in this country and how what has happened in this country is continuing to create differential outcomes, so we can become that country that we say we are.

Is that "history" or is it sociological analysis and praxis?

To claim that MLK would have been against critical race theory is patently false, but I suppose if the only thing you have read of his is one sentence then you might believe that.

I don't think Jim actually said MLK would have been against it. But I don't know that it's patently false to say so.

I would suggest that you read Letter from Birmingham but here is a little part of it.

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

In your statement you assert that our actions, even though peaceful, must be condemned because they precipitate violence. But is this a logical assertion? Isn't this like condemning a robbed man because his possession of money precipitated the evil act of robbery? Isn't this like condemning Socrates because his unswerving commitment to truth and his philosophical inquiries precipitated the act by the misguided populace in which they made him drink hemlock? Isn't this like condemning Jesus because his unique God consciousness and never ceasing devotion to God's will precipitated the evil act of crucifixion? We must come to see that, as the federal courts have consistently affirmed, it is wrong to urge an individual to cease his efforts to gain his basic constitutional rights because the quest may precipitate violence. Society must protect the robbed and punish the robber. I had also hoped that the white moderate would reject the myth concerning time in relation to the struggle for freedom. I have just received a letter from a white brother in Texas. He writes: "All Christians know that the colored people will receive equal rights eventually, but it is possible that you are in too great a religious hurry. It has taken Christianity almost two thousand years to accomplish what it has. The teachings of Christ take time to come to earth." Such an attitude stems from a tragic misconception of time, from the strangely irrational notion that there is something in the very flow of time that will inevitably cure all ills. Actually, time itself is neutral; it can be used either destructively or constructively. More and more I feel that the people of ill will have used time much more effectively than have the people of good will. We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people. Human progress never rolls in on wheels of inevitability; it comes through the tireless efforts of men willing to be co workers with God, and without this hard work, time itself becomes an ally of the forces of social stagnation. We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right. Now is the time to make real the promise of democracy and transform our pending national elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood. Now is the time to lift our national policy from the quicksand of racial injustice to the solid rock of human dignity.

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Article...irmingham.html
So, what is there in that letter that is pro-CRT. Especially, what is there in that letter that is for the CRT notion of race being a social construct or for instilling the specifically recommended training and practice that CRT advocates prescribe for work places and schools.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:48 PM   #281
Jim in CT

MLK would have been against using race to hand out covid treatments, and against needing to get permission from HR to hire whites. he’d have been against colleges having no. white forms and jon white graduations. he wanted to ignore race and see character.

that’s about as far away from today’s democrat agenda as you can possibly get.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:12 PM   #282
wdmso

Quote:
You aren’t aware of the human uses of Ivermectin?

my god where do you get your information?

Wow your desperate

Using Inmates as Guinea pigs is acceptable to you?
Old 01-19-2022, 06:54 AM   #283
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wow your desperate

Using Inmates as Guinea pigs is acceptable to you?
not as guinea pugs. the testing has already been done, there are human uses for Ivermectin, starting before covid.

It’s approved by the FDA for human use here in the US. look it up. tell
me if i’m wrong.

It’s a demonstrable lie to say it’s just for horses. it’s widely accepted for human use,
Old 01-19-2022, 07:25 AM   #284
wdmso

Quote:
not as guinea pugs. the testing has already been done, there are human uses for Ivermectin, starting before covid.

It’s approved by the FDA for human use here in the US. look it up. tell
me if i’m wrong.

It’s a demonstrable lie to say it’s just for horses. it’s widely accepted for human use,

Another episode of everything thing is equal
I should call you DR Spin

This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections. Curing parasitic infections

Fringe Doctors’ Groups Promote Ivermectin for COVID despite a Lack of Evidence
Old 01-19-2022, 07:35 AM   #285
Pete F.
Canceled

If you're drinking your own pee, then urine a cult.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2022, 07:36 AM   #286
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
MLK would have been against using race to hand out covid treatments, and against needing to get permission from HR to hire whites. he’d have been against colleges having no. white forms and jon white graduations. he wanted to ignore race and see character.

that’s about as far away from today’s democrat agenda as you can possibly get.
Colin Kaepernick vilified and Kyle Rittenhouse championed speaks volumes about race issues in this country.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2022, 07:43 AM   #287
wdmso

Quote:
Colin Kaepernick vilified and Kyle Rittenhouse championed speaks volumes about race issues in this country.
I mentioned how only the freedom they agree with does the Right yell freedom. of course it was dismissed
Old 01-19-2022, 08:30 AM   #288
Jim in CT

Quote:
i think Rittenhouse was stupid. But even stupid people
have the right to self defense.

Jon Stewart recently bashed the national anthem, and he’s also getting attacked from the right. What color is john stewart? is racism the reason the right is attacking him, Einstein?

when a black person is criticized,,all you see is race as the reason. no thought about what they did.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:55 AM   #289
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i think Rittenhouse was stupid. But even stupid people
have the right to self defense.

Jon Stewart recently bashed the national anthem, and he’s also getting attacked from the right. What color is john stewart? is racism the reason the right is attacking him, Einstein?

when a black person is criticized,,all you see is race as the reason. no thought about what they did.
Your usual deflection, and then blat about the latest victimization trending on your social media.

Just what horrible thing did Colin Kaepernick do?
Lie about being vaccinated?
Plausibly accused of rape?
Or, the horror, he took a knee during the national anthem.
No problem with seditionists, wrapping themselves in the flag or using the flag and the pole to attack police officers?🤡

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #290
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your usual deflection, and then blat about the latest victimization trending on your social media.

Just what horrible thing did Colin Kaepernick do?
Lie about being vaccinated?
Plausibly accused of rape?
Or, the horror, he took a knee during the national anthem.
No problem with seditionists, wrapping themselves in the flag or using the flag and the pole to attack police officers?🤡
You brought up those two guys, I explained why those two guys got treated the way they did, you call it "deflection", because I clobbered you.

Every time you and Wayne lose, its deflection and false equivalency. Conservatives have never been right about a single thing in the history of mankind. Not once, not ever, Because life is exactly that simple.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:27 AM   #291
Jim in CT

Quote:
I mentioned how only the freedom they agree with does the Right yell freedom. of course it was dismissed
Did anyone on the right ever say that Kaepernick doesn't have the right to say what he has said? Has anyone on the right said the government should punish him for what he says?

He has the right to say what he wants, and we have the right to criticize him for it. We all have the right to free speech.

You were dismissed, because what you said was absurd.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:04 AM   #292
wdmso

Quote:
We all have the right to free speech.

He has the right to say what he wants, and we have the right to criticize him for it. We all have the right to free speech.

so you really think that's all that happened

Colin Kaepernick was villainized and ridiculed for kneeling during a song.

by Conservatives

A bar used Colin Kaepernick's jersey as a doormat

for exercising his constitutional right and is being villainize

Republicans Are Still Running Against Colin Kaepernick
On the campaign trail, conservatives run ads that have turned the former NFL quarterback into a favorite punching bag.

Republican candidates across the country, from Tennessee to Pennsylvania, who have incorporated the anti-player protest sentiment into their campaigns.

Many of these same people whom you claim " have the right to criticize him " many the same people who Support what happened on Jan 6th ..... I am confused?

Last edited by wdmso; 01-19-2022 at 10:09 AM..
Old 01-19-2022, 10:28 AM   #293
Jim in CT

Quote:

so you really think that's all that happened

Colin Kaepernick was villainized and ridiculed for kneeling during a song.

by Conservatives

A bar used Colin Kaepernick's jersey as a doormat

for exercising his constitutional right and is being villainize

Republicans Are Still Running Against Colin Kaepernick
On the campaign trail, conservatives run ads that have turned the former NFL quarterback into a favorite punching bag.

Republican candidates across the country, from Tennessee to Pennsylvania, who have incorporated the anti-player protest sentiment into their campaigns.

Many of these same people whom you claim " have the right to criticize him " many the same people who Support what happened on Jan 6th ..... I am confused?
I said he was criticized. You can't refute that, by showing examples of how he was criticized.

When pampered zillionaires complain about what a horrible country we have, they will get mocked.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:43 AM   #294
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I said he was criticized. You can't refute that, by showing examples of how he was criticized.

When pampered zillionaires complain about what a horrible country we have, they will get mocked.
How dare those ……. get uppity

Don’t they know their place

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2022, 10:47 AM   #295
Jim in CT

Quote:
How dare those ……. get uppity

Don’t they know their place
again, if jon stewart gets the same criticism, then how can you conclude its about race?

Pete, here’s something you obviously aren’t aware of…it’s actually possible to be both black, and very stupid. it’s also possible to be white and stupid.

why do you assume that pointing out ones stupidity, is racist? especially when white people
who do the same things, get similar criticism?

Answer - you’re also stupid.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:53 AM   #296
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
again, if jon stewart gets the same criticism, then how can you conclude its about race?

Pete, here’s something you obviously aren’t aware of…it’s actually possible to be both black, and very stupid. it’s also possible to be white and stupid.

why do you assume that pointing out ones stupidity, is racist? especially when white people
who do the same things, get similar criticism?

Answer - you’re also stupid.
Apparently you equate a late night comics monologue with a nonviolent protest or is anyone who disagrees with you stupid?

Since your latest MiniTrump heroe is pushing legislation to make sure it can’t occur, can you please define “white discomfort”?

Is teaching slavery as part of US history, “white discomfort”?

Is being required to interview female and minority candidates “white discomfort”

Is teaching about the abuse of the USDA loan program “white discomfort”?

Is telling an employee not to call a colleague “boy”, or a racial epithet, “white discomfort”?

Is Hispanic workers talking Spanish amongst themselves, “white discomfort”?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2022, 01:16 PM   #297
detbuch

Quote:

Is being required to interview female and minority candidates “white discomfort”

Is telling an employee not to call a colleague “boy”, or a racial epithet, “white discomfort”?

Are you discomforted by being white? You could fix that by feeling that you are black. Then you would have the black privilege of tapping into white privilege without having white discomfort.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:30 PM   #298
Jim in CT

Quote:
Apparently you equate a late night comics monologue with a nonviolent protest or is anyone who disagrees with you stupid?

Since your latest MiniTrump heroe is pushing legislation to make sure it can’t occur, can you please define “white discomfort”?

"Is teaching slavery as part of US history, “white discomfort”?"

Nope. As long as its taught accurately (which side fought for it, who fought against it), and as long as we don't tell white kids hundreds of years later, that they have any responsibility for it.

"Is being required to interview female and minority candidates “white discomfort”"

No. But it's stupid.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:49 PM   #299
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

White Discomfort must be White Privilege Lite :rollseyes:

Pete must be looking for a way to fire up the "Way Back" machine so he can go back in time so he can talk MLK into losing this line, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." in his I Have A Dream speech, because it's making it real hard for him to sell his racism agenda
Old 01-19-2022, 02:34 PM   #300
Jim in CT

Quote:
White Discomfort must be White Privilege Lite :rollseyes:

Pete must be looking for a way to fire up the "Way Back" machine so he can go back in time so he can talk MLK into losing this line, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." in his I Have A Dream speech, because it's making it real hard for him to sell his racism agenda
That one line, MLK's most famous line, spits in the face of much of today's liberal agenda, which puts race above just about everything else.