Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #181
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You ok? You seem angrier and angrier and now seem to feel the need to insult people constantly. Everything going ok in your life?
Thanks for your sincere and heartfelt concern. Everything is OK.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:21 AM   #182
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’d just like to have a President who isn’t scared of Lesley Stahl.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Trump is not afraid of her.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:52 AM   #183
Pete F.
Canceled

He’s afraid of a lot.
Reminder: we still have never seen Trump’s school records, medical records, tax returns, minutes from meetings with Putin or WH visitor logs. He won’t say who he owes 400m to and he won’t submit his DNA from a case that is just one of his decades of sex crimes.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #184
detbuch

Quote:
He’s afraid of a lot.
Reminder: we still have never seen Trump’s school records, medical records, tax returns, minutes from meetings with Putin or WH visitor logs. He won’t say who he owes 400m to and he won’t submit his DNA from a case that is just one of his decades of sex crimes.
Maybe there's a computer with memos about all that stuff.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #185
Jim in CT

Quote:
He’s afraid of a lot.
Is the school records a big deal? Because it sure didn't matter in 2008 and 2012 when we had a guy who refused to share his school records.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:43 AM   #186
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Thanks for your sincere and heartfelt concern. Everything is OK.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #187
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Is the school records a big deal? Because it sure didn't matter in 2008 and 2012 when we had a guy who refused to share his school records.
But you always wanted to see Obama's even though Obama never bragged about them and claimed he was #1 in his class.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #188
Pete F.
Canceled

Classic Whatabout.....
That’s what happens to cult members
Old 10-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #189
Jim in CT

Quote:
But you always wanted to see Obama's even though Obama never bragged about them and claimed he was #1 in his class.
I didn't want to see Obama's, I just liked poinitng out the hypocrisy of liberals who made fun of Bush's transcripts and McCain's transcripts, but have nothing to say about Obama. And you all told me that it was no big deal that Obama didn't release his.

Again, how about one set of rules/standards, and we apply them equally to all presidents, regardless of party. Crazy, I know.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #190
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I didn't want to see Obama's, I just liked poinitng out the hypocrisy of liberals who made fun of Bush's transcripts and McCain's transcripts, but have nothing to say about Obama. And you all told me that it was no big deal that Obama didn't release his.

Again, how about one set of rules/standards, and we apply them equally to all presidents, regardless of party. Crazy, I know.
You mean like the hypocrisy of the GOP stopping a Supreme Court appointment saying that close to the election it just shouldn’t be done but it’s ok for them now. Listen to the Republicans running in 2016, they knew who Trump was and all those same hypocrites now kiss his authoritarian arse. Just afraid of loosing the power, loosing your moral standard, the rule of law or plain common decency is ok. People in class houses shouldn’t be throwing stones.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:11 PM   #191
Pete F.
Canceled

One standard, huh?

Reminder: we still have never seen Trump’s medical records, tax returns, minutes from meetings with Putin or WH visitor logs. He won’t say who he owes 400m to and he won’t submit his DNA from a case that is just one of his decades of sex crimes.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:12 PM   #192
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You mean like the hypocrisy of the GOP stopping a Supreme Court appointment saying that close to the election it just shouldn’t be done but it’s ok for them now. Listen to the Republicans running in 2016, they knew who Trump was and all those same hypocrites now kiss his authoritarian arse. Just afraid of loosing the power, loosing your moral standard, the rule of law or plain common decency is ok. People in class houses shouldn’t be throwing stones.
The rule of constitutional law for appointing SCOTUS Justices is being followed. The political "moral standard," self-serving and bordering on depravity as it pretty much has always been, seems to be intact.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:21 PM   #193
PaulS

Quote:

So you didn't want to see Obama's but constantly would ask to see it anyways

Ok, I get it.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #194
Jim in CT

Quote:
So you didn't want to see Obama's but constantly would ask to see it anyways

Ok, I get it.
I didn't want to see it. I wanted to know why liberal hypocrites who made fun of Bush and McCain for their transcripts, didn't care that Obama refused to share his.

Going too fast for you?
Old 10-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #195
Jim in CT

Quote:
I said 100 times, that because of the wording the GOP used with Garland, that makes them hypoicrites.

Now, can you admit that Biden is also a hypocrite on the issue? Biden came up with the 'Biden rule' where he said that Supreme Court nominations should not be made in an election year, and if a president made a nomination, the senate should block that nomination. That's exactly, precisely what the Senate Republicans did with Garland, they abided by the Biden rule.

Then in 2016, Biden flip flopped, saying an election year nomination was OK. Now hes saying its not OK. So you please tell me GS, what is Bidens position on this issue?

Answer - his position is the same as the Republican position, they will say whatever helps them in that moment. No principles.

I admitted the Senate Republicans were hypocrites. Please explain to all of us, how Biden isn't just as big a hypocrite.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:54 PM   #196
Jim in CT

Quote:
Listen to the Republicans running in 2016, they knew who Trump was and all those same hypocrites now kiss his authoritarian arse. .
Most people didn't want Trump to be the nominee, which is why he didn't get anywhere near 50% of the votes in the primaries. Problem is, there were 100 people running who weren't Trump.

Now? No one had any idea he'd be this effective. Heck he didn't even campaign on progress in the middle east, and he's done more in a term than Biden has done in 47 years.

Tax cuts, insanely low unemployment, brought ISIS to their knees, stock market records, no questionable wars, raises for vets and improvements to their benefits, school choice, criminal justice reform, lowest minority unemployment ever, improved funding for black colleges, economic opportunity zones, and we became energy independent. And agree with him or not, he's the most pro-life president by far, of my lifetime.

Yeah, why would any Republican get behind a guy who did that in one term? What a do-nothing slacker! You sure showed me with that post, GS.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-26-2020 at 03:06 PM..
Old 10-26-2020, 03:01 PM   #197
PaulS

Quote:
I didn't want to see it. I wanted to know why liberal hypocrites who made fun of Bush and McCain for their transcripts, didn't care that Obama refused to share his.

Going too fast for you?
No I understand perfectly. You didn't want to see it but asked for anyways bc it showed the Dems were hypocrites for asking for Bush's.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:02 PM   #198
scottw

Quote:
epic whining...
Old 10-26-2020, 03:03 PM   #199
scottw

Quote:

asking for Bush's.
biden thinks he's running against bush
Old 10-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #200
scottw

Quote:
One standard, huh?

Reminder: we still have never seen Trump’s medical records, tax returns, minutes from meetings with Putin or WH visitor logs. He won’t say who he owes 400m to and he won’t submit his DNA from a case that is just one of his decades of sex crimes.
I'm sure you have all of the relevant articles and information taped to the walls of your bunker...you should send pics to adam shiff
Old 10-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #201
Jim in CT

Quote:
No I understand perfectly. You didn't want to see it but asked for anyways bc it showed the Dems were hypocrites for asking for Bush's.
Asking for it, and asking why you didn't want to see it, aren't the same thing.

Again, sorry if that's going too fast for you.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #202
PaulS

Quote:
Asking for it, and asking why you didn't want to see it, aren't the same thing.

Again, sorry if that's going too fast for you.
yes, I guess you are going to fast for me when I question why you constantly would ask why Obama didn't produce his transcripts but did it to show the Dems. are hypocrites for asking for McCain's transcripts. The Dems where hypocrites but somehow you are not.

What does Trump have to hide? He said he was #1 in his class at Wharton.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #203
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Most people didn't want Trump to be the nominee, which is why he didn't get anywhere near 50% of the votes in the primaries. Problem is, there were 100 people running who weren't Trump.

Now? No one had any idea he'd be this effective. Heck he didn't even campaign on progress in the middle east, and he's done more in a term than Biden has done in 47 years.

Tax cuts, insanely low unemployment, brought ISIS to their knees, stock market records, no questionable wars, raises for vets and improvements to their benefits, school choice, criminal justice reform, lowest minority unemployment ever, improved funding for black colleges, economic opportunity zones, and we became energy independent. And agree with him or not, he's the most pro-life president by far, of my lifetime.

Yeah, why would any Republican get behind a guy who did that in one term? What a do-nothing slacker! You sure showed me with that post, GS.
Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view, If he is so good, so successful at positive changes (I’m not in agreement on much), your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. Oh wait he was such a failure at handling this pandemic and continues the irresponsible messaging responsible for putting more Americans at risk, I guess it would seem the American voting public might not see this administration as a success. The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #204
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view, If he is so good, so successful at positive changes (I’m not in agreement on much), your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. Oh wait he was such a failure at handling this pandemic and continues the irresponsible messaging responsible for putting more Americans at risk, I guess it would seem the American voting public might not see this administration as a success. The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate.
"Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view"

That's how it usually works, yes. But since a record 56% of pople say they are better off now than 4 years ago (that's a record who said yes to that), it seems that I'm not exactly the only one who feels that way. We can evaluate him as we see fit and vote accordingly, as it should be. I was responding to your inane comment that Republicans shouldn't be supporting him because of his manners. If you agree with the republican platform, you have to give the guy at least a B+. Adding to the debt is a big, big negative.

Is it only a certain point of view that would say he routed ISIS?

"your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. "

If the election was a year ago, he probably would have.

"he was such a failure at handling this pandemic"

That's the non-stop spin. I don't happen to buy into it being all his fault, but I'm guessing a lot of people believe it is his fault, and he gets creamed as a result. That's my guess.

"The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate"

I'm not stupid or desperate. I'm smart and more than prepared for him to lose big. You guys are the ones that can't concede ANYTHING that goes against your agenda, which obviously makes you the desperate ones.

What should he have done, back in December, based on what we knew then. What were the democrats calling for?

You're misrepresenting my stance on the travel ban. I'm not saying it helped or it didn't. WHat I'm saying, because its tue, is that when he implemented the ban, prominent democrats said it was an overreaction. Biden called it "hysterical" and "xenophobic". This means that Biden would have done LESS, not more.

Since that's obviously true (Biden would have done less), how would anyone conclude the death toll would be lower if Biden was POTUS? I'm asking a sincere question. Will you answer it as I asked it?

Also, if he could tone down the tweets and baby rhetoric, he'd also be looking at a likely second term. But he can't, he just can't refrain from being such a jerk.

But his results, from a republican view, were really good.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:54 PM   #205
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
"Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view"

That's how it usually works, yes. But since a record 56% of pople say they are better off now than 4 years ago (that's a record who said yes to that), it seems that I'm not exactly the only one who feels that way. We can evaluate him as we see fit and vote accordingly, as it should be. I was responding to your inane comment that Republicans shouldn't be supporting him because of his manners. If you agree with the republican platform, you have to give the guy at least a B+. Adding to the debt is a big, big negative.

Is it only a certain point of view that would say he routed ISIS?

"your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. "

If the election was a year ago, he probably would have.

"he was such a failure at handling this pandemic"

That's the non-stop spin. I don't happen to buy into it being all his fault, but I'm guessing a lot of people believe it is his fault, and he gets creamed as a result. That's my guess.

"The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate"

I'm not stupid or desperate. I'm smart and more than prepared for him to lose big. You guys are the ones that can't concede ANYTHING that goes against your agenda, which obviously makes you the desperate ones.

What should he have done, back in December, based on what we knew then. What were the democrats calling for?

You're misrepresenting my stance on the travel ban. I'm not saying it helped or it didn't. WHat I'm saying, because its tue, is that when he implemented the ban, prominent democrats said it was an overreaction. Biden called it "hysterical" and "xenophobic". This means that Biden would have done LESS, not more.

Since that's obviously true (Biden would have done less), how would anyone conclude the death toll would be lower if Biden was POTUS? I'm asking a sincere question. Will you answer it as I asked it?

Also, if he could tone down the tweets and baby rhetoric, he'd also be looking at a likely second term. But he can't, he just can't refrain from being such a jerk.

But his results, from a republican view, were really good.
I knew you couldn’t resist going back to the travel ban, so predictable it’s just to fun to wind you up. Hey go poll those same people today and all the small business owners who have closed their doors, I know they won’t feel they are now better off.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #206
Pete F.
Canceled

They did poll them and they aren’t better off but that poll doesn’t fit the Fox narrative so he’ll never see it
Meanwhile many of the folks that helped Trump ‘win’ the last election can no longer vote for him in this election because they are now convicted felons.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #207
Jim in CT

Quote:
I knew you couldn’t resist going back to the travel ban, so predictable it’s just to fun to wind you up. Hey go poll those same people today and all the small business owners who have closed their doors, I know they won’t feel they are now better off.
i’m going back to democrats insisting that the feds didn’t need to do anything. i’m going back to biden saying it was a hysterical overreaction.

that happened. i’m sorry if you have no response whatsoever to that fact. but that’s the fact, the democrats said it was no big deal in january february.

GS: trump blew it with the virus.

Jim: what should he have done differently?

GS: you’re a jerk!

that’s all you got. how can you say he blew it, when you can’t tell
me what he should have done differently? this is like a sitcom.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #208
Jim in CT

Quote:
They did poll them and they aren’t better off but that poll doesn’t fit the Fox narrative so he’ll never see it
Meanwhile many of the folks that helped Trump ‘win’ the last election can no longer vote for him in this election because they are now convicted felons.
sorry, hey said they are better off. again, we’re all very sorry that this fact gives you menstrual cramps.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #209
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i’m going back to democrats insisting that the feds didn’t need to do anything. i’m going back to biden saying it was a hysterical overreaction.

that happened. i’m sorry if you have no response whatsoever to that fact. but that’s the fact, the democrats said it was no big deal in january february.

GS: trump blew it with the virus.

Jim: what should he have done differently?

GS: you’re a jerk!

that’s all you got. how can you say he blew it, when you can’t tell
me what he should have done differently? this is like a sitcom.
Trump continues to do exactly what the medical experts say you shouldn’t, he can’t even keep the White House safe, Moscow Mitch being the old fart that he is has avoided it like the plague. The messaging from the top from the beginning has been irresponsible Jim, but you are beyond drunk on the cool aid you are blind to the damage they continue to do. Asking him tough questions in the 60 minute interview shows how thin his skin is, he took his ball and went home. He is a miserable excuse for a leader, hoping it’s no longer our issue in a few weeks.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #210
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump continues to do exactly what the medical experts say you shouldn’t, he can’t even keep the White House safe, Moscow Mitch being the old fart that he is has avoided it like the plague. The messaging from the top from the beginning has been irresponsible Jim, but you are beyond drunk on the cool aid you are blind to the damage they continue to do. Asking him tough questions in the 60 minute interview shows how thin his skin is, he took his ball and went home. He is a miserable excuse for a leader, hoping it’s no longer our issue in a few weeks.
also, trump refused to
condemn white supremacists at charlottesville, right?