Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 11-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
5/0
Eels

Garmin GPS

Garmin GPS

Anybody have experiance wit-em,I know they've been around for a while & I needed to get one for work I broke down and bought online it was here when I got home from work so I haven't been able to keep my hands off of it.
It's got some pretty neat features that I had no idea the GPS's supported it pretty cool.

Bob

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Bob, great little machines. I love the food option. Just bring up what you feel like eating and it brings up all the restaurants in the area. Great when you are traveling.
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
HESH2

have the garmin pretty cool,gets me where i'm going.
HESH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Used one on the Vineyard for the Derby and it was great, as I didn't know the island. Saved time at night! Ordered one when I got home, but returned it as it took me way offline just going to my mother's house. Given that 99% of my work is right here in town, I just don't need it.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I love them. be careful around Boston or other areas where there has been major rerouting due to new roads. They dont always have the most updated info.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
teezer

I love mine.

teezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
fishbones

I have a MIO and a Garmin. They both work well with getting me where I'm going, but the Garmin is much easier to use. My wife keeps the Garmin in her car becaue it's so simple to use. And the spoken street name feature is nice in the Garmin, too.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I love them. be careful around Boston or other areas where there has been major rerouting due to new roads. They dont always have the most updated info.
Garmin's web site offers free map up loads twice a year,it also has up to date info/live time traffic up dates,if other garmins are ahead of mine it will transmit there current speed & relay it back to others and offer alternate routes.

I was reading more on this model it has a FM transmitter so I can upload MP3s and play them wireless to my stereo,not to mention I can upload JPEGS and it's Bluetooth friendly

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote