Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #91
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Wow, a guy who is known for stealing spots won’t tell me where.
I thought we were going to fish and talk about my new boat and you come with your scummy personal insults and lies. Wonder what Kevin's going to do about that
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #92
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Do you want a hug?
a hug is momentary...binkies are forever
Old 06-20-2020, 07:37 PM   #93
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I thought we were going to fish and talk about my new boat and you come with your scummy personal insults and lies. Wonder what Kevin's going to do about that
Congrats on the boat!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-20-2020, 07:56 PM   #94
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Congrats on the boat!
Thanks

I only have half a boat. I haven't seen it. I said I don't want to be responsible for it. And I said I will not do any work on it.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:11 PM   #95
Sea Dangles

I am sure there is quite the tale to be told.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #96
wdmso

Gettysburg 'flag-burning hoax' sees armed far-right groups assemble

Posts on social media by supposed antifa leaders urged members to meet at the Pennsylvania site on 4 July.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53299847

Showing up Armed? Guess they thought Trump would bail them out or make them deputies in his war against the left
Old 07-06-2020, 09:09 AM   #97
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Gettysburg 'flag-burning hoax' sees armed far-right groups assemble

Posts on social media by supposed antifa leaders urged members to meet at the Pennsylvania site on 4 July.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53299847

Showing up Armed? Guess they thought Trump would bail them out or make them deputies in his war against the left

Really kinda strange that the Militant Left keeps trying to lure the Militant Right into a gunfight.

Shouldn't THAT be the most terrifying? Militant groups of one side trying to lure the other into battles on the streets of out country?

And why ohh why, do the Dem mayors pull back their Police Forces from protecting some of these areas and let the Militant Left run wild? Are they TRYING to incite the violent Right to come in?

This is REALLY starting to sound like late 20s/early 30s Weimar. Remember, that was not organic, that was marionettes.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

Where did the determination that anyone on the left is trying to lure anyone into anything come from?

There is no evidence to suggest that those responsible for the online posts are in any way linked to antifa - a loosely-affiliated network of mainly far-left activists.

Just look at a few of these links

https://www.google.com/search?q=beth...w=1098&bih=515

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #99
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Where did the determination that anyone on the left is trying to lure anyone into anything come from?
Could easily have been a Russian/Nork/Iran troll.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:59 AM   #100
JohnR

I saw the videos of some of these people, pretty disgusting. About as Low Life as CHOP/CHAZ, well, without the death and destruction.

I am impressed by both of your continued there is no Antifa and we have always been at war with Right Wing terrorism.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-06-2020, 11:35 AM   #101
Slipknot
Super Moderator

there are groups that are not calling themselves antifa, but they ARE calling out anyone on the right, therefore they must be on the left.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN24605G

“I don’t see no white militia,” he declared. “We’re here. Where ... you at? We’re in your house. Let’s go.”

I saw a video of them in the road armed to their teeth confronting a white guy accusing him of stuff and asking where their reparations are. The guy was holding 2 AR-15's. They were dressed all tactical and the guy in the car asked him what are you, answer black militia. Trying to provoke a fight on a public road in broad daylight.

Is this really where we are at?

but it's all Trump's fault

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #102
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
there are groups that are not calling themselves antifa, but they ARE calling out anyone on the right, therefore they must be on the left.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN24605G

“I don’t see no white militia,” he declared. “We’re here. Where ... you at? We’re in your house. Let’s go.”

I saw a video of them in the road armed to their teeth confronting a white guy accusing him of stuff and asking where their reparations are. The guy was holding 2 AR-15's. They were dressed all tactical and the guy in the car asked him what are you, answer black militia. Trying to provoke a fight on a public road in broad daylight.

Is this really where we are at?

but it's all Trump's fault

I watched that a couple times. If they are within the law of where they are, I don't care if they are armed. There were a lot of 22s in the mix ; ), Big BFGs with lights and Bipods yet tiny BX25 mags hanging out of them

They did look confrontational, but they did not ACT confrontational. Yes, the reparations comment was stupid.

Don't worry though, Spence is sure they don't exist.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-06-2020, 12:25 PM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled

You picked a great example of trying to bring back the Confederacy, perhaps you think the traitors actually had a noble purpose or that it still should be the rock upon which the old Union would split.

Stone Mountain Park officially opened on April 14, 1965 – 100 years to the day after Lincoln's assassination. Four flags of the Confederacy are flown at the site. The Stone Mountain Memorial Lawn "contains...thirteen terraces — one for each Confederate state.... Each terrace flies the flag that the state flew as member of the Confederacy."

As Alexander Hamilton Stephens, VP of the Confederacy said

But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other though last, not least. The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition."

And if you think the desire of the Tweety campaign is not to be divisive and is a leader in critical thinking.

The campaign ads over the weekend vowed to protect a new statue: "Christ the Redeemer" .................................................. ..............in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
You picked a great example of trying to bring back the Confederacy, perhaps you think the traitors actually had a noble purpose or that it still should be the rock upon which the old Union would split.

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition."

And if you think the desire of the Tweety campaign is not to be divisive and is a leader in critical thinking.

The campaign ads over the weekend vowed to protect a new statue: "Christ the Redeemer" .................................................. ..............in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
After Trump successfully divides the nation and the new Confederacy rises, no doubt supported and defended by all of Trump's fully Second amendment armed white nationalist army, will Trump become its President? Will he be allowed to play golf in non-Confederate states? What will become of Trump Tower? Will he still be Putin's puppet?
Old 07-06-2020, 01:05 PM   #105
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I am impressed by both of your continued there is no Antifa and we have always been at war with Right Wing terrorism.
Nobody here has said this...
Old 07-06-2020, 01:31 PM   #106
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

l
I did not pick it, the Black Militia picked it. They chose that place to start trouble and incite people.

It has zero bearing on me, I am not a racist or a redneck or a Confederate lover. The history of the mountain has nothing to do with me. If there are people who have a problem, there are ways of doing something about it legally other than causing such a disruption. If this stuff goes on and on unchecked, it could find it's way to Vermont and to Middleboro for all we know. Keep on bashing Trump and stick your head in the sand about reality.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:02 PM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
After Trump successfully divides the nation and the new Confederacy rises, no doubt supported and defended by all of Trump's fully Second amendment armed white nationalist army, will Trump become its President? Will he be allowed to play golf in non-Confederate states? What will become of Trump Tower? Will he still be Putin's puppet?
Just keep believing while his base gets smaller and smaller.

Remember, Tweety said we were going to go to Mars.

Now, we can’t go to Europe, Canada and Mexico is closing their border too.

Sick of winning yet?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #108
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I did not pick it, the Black Militia picked it. They chose that place to start trouble and incite people.

It has zero bearing on me, I am not a racist or a redneck or a Confederate lover. The history of the mountain has nothing to do with me. If there are people who have a problem, there are ways of doing something about it legally other than causing such a disruption. If this stuff goes on and on unchecked, it could find it's way to Vermont and to Middleboro for all we know. Keep on bashing Trump and stick your head in the sand about reality.
What did they do that was illegal? Or is it that armed blacks making things uncomfortable should be illegal, but not the armed whites in Michigan who occupied the State House?

Just what constitutional change do you propose to make, that will make peaceful protest illegal?

You claim not to be a racist, but you support one.

Tweety is threatening to veto the Defense Authorization Act if Congress follows through on plans to rename military installations named after Confederate generals.

It is straight-up white supremacy. The Confederacy was not the United States of America. It was a rebellion against it.

That’s not patriotism. It’s the opposite.

Tweety's running on a neo-Confederate platform, and the virus, you're just gonna have to live with it.

133,000 dead today, the virus is out of control and the end is not in sight.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #109
JohnR

Quote:
What did they do that was illegal? Or is it that armed blacks making things uncomfortable should be illegal, but not the armed whites in Michigan who occupied the State House?
They walked right up to the line without crossing over it. You can say it is distasteful, like many did when it was armed white men and women. HOWEVER they have ZERO legal right to create a checkpoint and stop traffic, with firearms, which IS what they did.

Quote:
Just what constitutional change do you propose to make, that will make peaceful protest illegal?
Violent protest should be illegal.

Quote:
This is low, even for you.

Quote:
Tweety is threatening to veto the Defense Authorization Act if Congress follows through on plans to rename military installations named after Confederate generals.
Because THE LEFT WILL NOT STOP MARCHING THROUGH INSTITUTIONS, devouring this country, eating our young. Wer can't have a discussion on gun control because YOU wont stop. We can't have a discussion on monuments to move or redo because you won't stop.

The only reason NOT to change those names is because the left wont stop. They took down the statue of Frederick Douglas !!

Quote:
It is straight-up white supremacy. The Confederacy was not the United States of America. It was a rebellion against it.
Everything is straight up white supremacy to you.

Quote:
Slip - don't listen to Pete, you are just one more windmill to tilt at.

Quote:
Tweety's running on a neo-Confederate platform, and the virus, you're just gonna have to live with it.

Absolutely stupid.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #110
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Because THE LEFT WILL NOT STOP MARCHING THROUGH INSTITUTIONS, devouring this country, eating our young.
Like what???

Quote:
The only reason NOT to change those names is because the left wont stop. They took down the statue of Frederick Douglas !!
How do you know this? First thing I thought of were white nationalists, makes a hell of a lot more sense.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #111
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

First thing I thought of were white nationalists.
There’s a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing surprise

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-06-2020, 05:53 PM   #112
spence

Quote:
There’s a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing surprise
Didn’t you? This wasn’t some protest run amok, it was a targeted hit done in secrecy.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #113
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
What did they do that was illegal?

[I knew you would say that. Did I say they did? I said there are legal ways to get what they are protesting. They can do it without trying to incite violence. When armed protesters showed up at the statehouse to voice their opposition to unconstitutional gun laws, I have never seen any intimidate anyone, it can be done reasonably. How about showing us you have a tiny bit of common sense while you try your hardest to educate us with your big brain.]

Or is it that armed blacks making things uncomfortable should be illegal, but not the armed whites in Michigan who occupied the State House?

[ I don't. Your interrogation techniques fail as well as your reading comprehension. My point had nothing to do with that. I am talking about legally getting the courts to rule in their favor to meet whatever demands they are looking for like removing the offensive monument etc. Where you come up with that question in your mind shows your obsession with all things Trump and orange man is bad, one track mind you are.]

[Liberal logic, so if you are not for Trump you are for Biden a known racist so you support a racist.]

another one to the ignore list

Old 07-06-2020, 08:02 PM   #114
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Didn’t you? This wasn’t some protest run amok, it was a targeted hit done in secrecy.
Probably the same ones who beat up Jussie.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-06-2020, 08:22 PM   #115
RickBomba

Quote:
Or the ones that got Guilfoyle sick with the Corona.

Doesn’t she know there’s only 14 weeks left in the campaign.

She’s a slacker and Donny Jr doesn’t deserve such a gold digger!

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 07-06-2020, 08:53 PM   #116
Sea Dangles

Quote:
That guy was meant for Chicago. Defund the police and appoint this hero of the left as mayor.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-07-2020, 06:33 AM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Now in an effort to prove his alignment with White Supremacy, Tweety’s new ad proclaims the historical greatness of manifest destiny.

Manifest Destiny, a phrase coined in 1845, is the idea that the United States is destined—by God, its advocates believed—to expand its dominion and spread democracy and capitalism across the entire North American continent.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:39 AM   #118
JohnR

Quote:
Like what???

How do you know this? First thing I thought of were white nationalists, makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Of COURSE . Why didn't I think of that??

Quote:
Now in an effort to prove his alignment with White Supremacy, Tweety’s new ad proclaims the historical greatness of manifest destiny.

Manifest Destiny, a phrase coined in 1845, is the idea that the United States is destined—by God, its advocates believed—to expand its dominion and spread democracy and capitalism across the entire North American continent.

When you are done with Rules for Radcals or NY Times articles on why we need to cancel Washington and Jefferson, I challenge you to go back through history,take the US out, and wonder where things would be without us.

No one here would likely be in a better position than they are today. Half of us, if ever even born, would still be in Europe, consumed by the violent warring of those countries.

It is childish to put today's lens on 100 or 200 years ago.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-07-2020, 07:50 AM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t worry after this clown, we will likely see the end of American exceptionalism in our lifetimes.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:04 AM   #120
Sea Dangles

Whoa is me��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN