Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-02-2023, 05:05 PM   #1
Jim in CT

FL is the nations fastest growing state for first time since 1957

“Nothing new in FL, recent immigration is no different than its always been.”

It’s the fastest growing state in the country for the first time since 1957, according to the US Census Bureau.

“Nothing to see here. Shut up.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-f...-census-bureau
Old 02-02-2023, 06:02 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Greatest hits we get it Jim, you have beat that horse to the point, I’m not sure it could be identified without dna evidence it’s a horse.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:57 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Greatest hits we get it Jim, you have beat that horse to the point, I’m not sure it could be identified without dna evidence it’s a horse.
well, you guys keep saying that’s there’s nothing new in the Florida immigration numbers.

This fact, shows that’s wrong. There’s something happening in FL that had t been happening all this time. this his brand new.

I’m sorry if the truth isn’t convenient. Still truth.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:09 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
well, you guys keep saying that’s there’s nothing new in the Florida immigration numbers.

This fact, shows that’s wrong. There’s something happening in FL that had t been happening all this time. this his brand new.

I’m sorry if the truth isn’t convenient. Still truth.

Still thinking it’s because or Ron ?

Funny you left out this convenient truth. In the same article

The rest of the country is growing too, in a turnaround since the pandemic. After historically low population growth in 2020 and 2021, the U.S. grew at a rate of 0.4% to 333,287,557 residents in 2022, the Census Bureau said. The growth was mostly attributed to immigration, although there were 245,080 more births than deaths in the U.S. in the last year.

The Florida Supreme Court, on Thursday, granted a petition from Gov. Ron DeSantis to have a grand jury investigate any wrongdoing by COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers.

DeSantis has claimed that "authoritarians" wanted to mandate the vaccination of people, and he did what he could to protect Floridians from having that happen and instead leave the choice up to individuals whether to get vaccinated or not.

Funny the authoritarian blaming authoritarians that’s comical
Old 02-02-2023, 10:21 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Still thinking it’s because or Ron ?

Funny you left out this convenient truth. In the same article

The rest of the country is growing too, in a turnaround since the pandemic. After historically low population growth in 2020 and 2021, the U.S. grew at a rate of 0.4% to 333,287,557 residents in 2022, the Census Bureau said. The growth was mostly attributed to immigration, although there were 245,080 more births than deaths in the U.S. in the last year.

The Florida Supreme Court, on Thursday, granted a petition from Gov. Ron DeSantis to have a grand jury investigate any wrongdoing by COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers.

DeSantis has claimed that "authoritarians" wanted to mandate the vaccination of people, and he did what he could to protect Floridians from having that happen and instead leave the choice up to individuals whether to get vaccinated or not.

Funny the authoritarian blaming authoritarians that’s comical
it’s not all ron, but i’m certain some of it has to do with the fact that he ha does covid a thousand times better then the liberal hero, Cuomo.

how come last year of all years, was the first time in 60+ years that FL led the nation in immigration?

what do you think happened in the last 18 months or so, that is motivating so many to move there, in higher proportions than we’ve seen since 1957?

please tell us what happened that was the catalyst?

“the rest of the country is growing too”.

who said otherwise? what i said, is that FL is leading the nation in immigration for the first time since 1957, there has to be a reason why. what is it?

trump will probably be doing the left a huge favor buy blocking Desantis from winning the nomination.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:28 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

I think a lot of people who moved there are wondering also.

“There's just no way for people living here to afford it — the salaries that they pay here don't add up to the cost of rent," she said.

In May, CBS News called Florida the "least affordable" state in the country, and a 2019 Joblist study that compared wages to cost of living ranked Florida last out of all 50 states in terms of affordability. While Florida doesn't have an income tax, many new homebuyers will face rising property tax bills and skyrocketing insurance costs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-03-2023, 06:26 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think a lot of people who moved there are wondering also.

“There's just no way for people living here to afford it — the salaries that they pay here don't add up to the cost of rent," she said.

In May, CBS News called Florida the "least affordable" state in the country, and a 2019 Joblist study that compared wages to cost of living ranked Florida last out of all 50 states in terms of affordability. While Florida doesn't have an income tax, many new homebuyers will face rising property tax bills and skyrocketing insurance costs.
real estate prices are skyrocketing, because demand to live there is skyrocketing.

Here’s a newsflash Pete - state government doesn’t set housing prices in this country. They do control state income tax levels. Currently 0.0 in Florida.

The soaring housing prices hurt middle class amd below, no question. But that’s not something state government controls. We control
that, by deciding what we’re willing to pay.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:36 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
real estate prices are skyrocketing, because demand to live there is skyrocketing.

Here’s a newsflash Pete - state government doesn’t set housing prices in this country. They do control state income tax levels. Currently 0.0 in Florida.

The soaring housing prices hurt middle class amd below, no question. But that’s not something state government controls. We control
that, by deciding what we’re willing to pay.
Congratulations, You’ve won the internet by stating the obvious.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-03-2023, 09:18 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Congratulations, You’ve won the internet by stating the obvious.
you brought up real estate prices in an effort to attack desantis. so it wasn’t obvious to you.

soaring real estate prices is a sign that a state has made itself desirable.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:02 AM   #10
PaulS

pretty much the same per person per day as previous 50 years (regardless of what party was in charge).
Old 02-03-2023, 10:29 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
pretty much the same per person per day as previous 50 years (regardless of what party was in charge).
relative to what’s happening in other states, something new is going on recently. it also currently has one of the hottest spikes in housing prices, that’s not something that has happened every day for the last 50 years. we get it, you don’t want to admit it, paul.

when the democrats were in charge, did the run the state of FL like it was CT? it’s not the letter after your name. It’s what you do.

America obviously likes the way FL is run. that’s not saying all
democrats are stupid and incompetent. and it’s not saying republicans are perfect. it’s kind of an obvious conclusion given the data .
Old 02-03-2023, 10:43 AM   #12
PaulS

so I've shown that there is approx. the same migration (even though more retirees and population increasing in US) over the last 50 years but yet it is now bc of FL politics? You have no facts to back your supposition up. Is this a story you would tell to your boss - is it sound actuarially?

I'm not the one who doesn't want to admit anything. You have yet to prove anything other than Fl. has net migration in (as it has for the last 50 years).
Old 02-03-2023, 12:46 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
so I've shown that there is approx. the same migration (even though more retirees and population increasing in US) over the last 50 years but yet it is now bc of FL politics? You have no facts to back your supposition up. Is this a story you would tell to your boss - is it sound actuarially?

I'm not the one who doesn't want to admit anything. You have yet to prove anything other than Fl. has net migration in (as it has for the last 50 years).
Yes you have shown that. And I've shown that FL now leads the US in immigration for the first time since 1957, and in case you didn't know, reeal estate prices are increasing in FL faster than almost anywhere else, here statista says home price increases in FL were the highest in the nation for 2Q 2022.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-by-state-usa/

The last 2 years, something is happening in FL that's not happening elsewhere. Objective people see it, moving companies see it, real estate agents see it.

The other liberals here are offering different reasons why it's happening. You're the only one admitting nothing unique is happening. So either you're wrong, or everyone else is wrong.

"You have no facts to back your supposition up"

Florida leads the nation in migration today, for the first time since 1957.

Floridas home price increases today, are among the highest in the nation.

Americans really like Florida right now.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:51 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you brought up real estate prices in an effort to attack desantis. so it wasn’t obvious to you.

soaring real estate prices is a sign that a state has made itself desirable.
Poor #^&#^&#^&#^&tim, did I mention Ronda Santis?
Of course you are compelled to defend the authoritarian de jour, that’s how you roll.
Just remember in a year when you’re claiming that you don’t really, but you’ll vote for him.
Sorta like the Trump stink.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-03-2023, 02:20 PM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
Yes you have shown that. And I've shown that FL now leads the US in immigration for the first time since 1957, and in case you didn't know, reeal estate prices are increasing in FL faster than almost anywhere else, here statista says home price increases in FL were the highest in the nation for 2Q 2022.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-by-state-usa/

The last 2 years, something is happening in FL that's not happening elsewhere. Objective people see it, moving companies see it, real estate agents see it.

The other liberals here are offering different reasons why it's happening. You're the only one admitting nothing unique is happening. So either you're wrong, or everyone else is wrong.

"You have no facts to back your supposition up"

Florida leads the nation in migration today, for the first time since 1957.

Floridas home price increases today, are among the highest in the nation.

Americans really like Florida right now.
But yet you haven't posted one thing that shows more are moving there bc of politics. Migration hasn't changed much in 50 years even accounting for more baby boomers retiring and the increase in US population.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:30 PM   #16
Nebe

The numbers are probably skewed because so many people go there in their later years and end up dying there.. there's obviously a high turn over rate.
But lets skew the numbers to make people think that Florida is some sort of Utopia... States with the lowest turnover rate in real estate probably have land that has been in families for generations.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:19 PM   #17
PaulS

with 20 below w/wind chill I don't know why there aren't more baby boomers retiring there.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:23 PM   #18
wdmso

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...ing-advantage/

Seems Fox News has been Ron’s personal cheerleader for some time

Early in Florida’s vaccine rollout, during a period marked by confusion and images of seniors in long lines desperate for a shot, Gov. Ron DeSantis’ office devised a pitch to air a more flattering view. In mid-January, his staff took the idea to Fox News.

While the outcome of Tuesday’s midterm elections was still up in the air Wednesday evening, political prognosticators on Fox News were already forecasting a very bright political future for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

The timing was perfect. Producers for Fox & Friends, the network’s top-rated cable morning news show, were already inquiring about DeSantis’ availability.

A plan came together in a flurry of emails and phone calls over several days. DeSantis’ team provided a senior, a location and the talking points. Fox News would bring the cameras and its audience. No other media would be allowed in.

Yep this is what state run media looks like and Fox continues to polish his Knob and run the story’s he wants

Last edited by wdmso; 02-03-2023 at 04:30 PM..
Old 02-04-2023, 08:59 AM   #19
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...te-table-1.jpg

https://images.app.goo.gl/4B2hTap3aJgsqdjG7
Old 02-04-2023, 07:28 PM   #20
wdmso

Florida's Department of Business and Professional Regulation, under the direction of GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis, filed an extensive complaint against the Orlando Philharmonic Foundation Inc., Friday, for allegedly exposing minors to explicit acts of lewd sexual behavior during a drag show.

Yep banning Drag queens and mis representing what a drag show is has people moving in droves