Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
dannyplug1

having trouble with duplicator

I am having trouble setting up my vega. Can anyone out there give me a step by step explanation of how to align it. I have it set up on the lathe (with my buddies help) but I had to take it off to have work done on the lathe it self. Now when I try to put it back where it was I am having difficulty. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
dannyplug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
wrikerjr

take a template and attach it to the vega and then place a plug that youu spun in the lathe and you should be able to attach it them. That is what i do.

If you don't have those items its going to be a little tougher.
wrikerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #3
a4scoot

Depends on how you removed it. If it was removed completely instead of loosening the two posts and lifting it off you will need to reset it completely. The bit should align with the centers of the headstock and the tailstock when the carrage is moved from left to right. Charlestown showed how to use 3/4 collars on the uprights to make it easy to realign the dupe after it is removed to hand turn. You dont need to remove the mounting brackets just loosen the two bolts and lift the dupe off. When you put it back it is at the right height because of the collars.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!!
a4scoot is offline   Reply With Quote