Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 08-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Canyons report

slow trip. same story for most we talked to out there both east and west of us.

fished mostly alone in W. Atl/Atl Fri and Fri night for some mahi and a lost big fish overnight (sword? we'll never know).
2am Stb wouldn;'t start, fuel issue of some kind (i.e. not getting it from filter to engine... pump, solenoid etc..)

came home on 1 screw 13hr at 8kts.
trolled 80 miles from the deep to the mudhole, through the dump etc.. not 1 knock down. devoid of life right now out there!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:13 AM   #2
Mr. Sandman

Sounds like a tough trip...sorry to hear that. Hope all is well with the boat. On the positive side...think of all the fuel you saved on the run home

I know of only one other guy that went out this past weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) for a two night trip (he was well east of you) and he texted me yesterday, he got 5 yellows and released 2 small yellows along with a few mahi (nothing big) But he was out there 2.5 days and 2 nights, so while it was an OK trip, it was not gangbusters.

I hope to get out one more time this season. I wonder if this weather will shake things up out there?
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Theres some real nice water developing. We'll have to see once the satelitte can get us a clear updated picture.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Jim:
curious to see what we burned on the ride home for sure.

we heard a tough bite overall. a few boats had scattered balls of fish, and we had found some life at dusk and again overnight, and if we had both screws I think we would have had some fish sat AM. just too long of a steam to f-around on one engine so we headed north at first light.

1 edge trip out of ~18-20? with that boat with engine issues is not a bad % and we're pretty cautious.

hope for at leas

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
Mr. Sandman

saftey rules out there, no shame in packing it in. Glad your home safely. Would hate to be stuck out there last night and today.

A related getting stuck story (way out there) was wriiten about a good friend of mine whom I fish with often. (this happend a few weeks ago)
http://www.mvtimes.com/marthas-viney...le.php?id=1861

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 08-23-2010 at 07:44 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:50 AM   #6
saltyric

damn, what a story........

Fish Rule!
saltyric is offline   Reply With Quote