Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Remember to vote

“I am sick and tired of this administration. I’m sick and tired of what’s going on. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired, and I hope you are, too.”

— Joe Biden

I’m sick and tired, too.

I’m sick and tired of a president who pretends that a caravan of impoverished refugees is an “invasion” by “unknown Middle Easterners” and “bad thugs” — and whose followers on Fox News pretend the refugees are bringing leprosy and smallpox to the United States. (Smallpox was eliminated about 40 years ago.)

I’m sick and tired of a president who misuses his office to demagogue on immigration — by unnecessarily sending 5,200 troops to the border and by threatening to rescind by executive order the 14th Amendment guarantee of citizenship to anyone born in the United States.

I’m sick and tired of a president who is so self-absorbed that he thinks he is the real victim of mail-bomb attacks on his political opponents — and who, after visiting Pittsburgh despite being asked by local leaders to stay away, tweeted about how he was treated, not about the victims of the synagogue massacre.

I’m sick and tired of a president who cheers a congressman for his physical assault of a reporter, calls the press the “enemy of the people ” and won’t stop or apologize even after bombs were sent to CNN in the mail.

I’m sick and tired of a president who employs the language of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories about Jewish financier George Soros and “globalists,” and won’t apologize or retract even after what is believed to be the worst attack on Jews in US history.

I’m sick and tired of a president who won’t stop engaging in crazed partisanship, denouncing Democrats as “evil,” “un-American” and “treasonous” subversives who are in league with criminals.

I’m sick and tired of a president who cares so little about right-wing terrorism that, on the very day of the synagogue shooting, he proceeded with a campaign rally, telling his supporters, “Let’s have a good time.”

I’m sick and tired of a president who presides over one of the most unethical administrations in U.S. history — with three Cabinet members resigning for reported ethical infractions and the secretary of the interior the subject of at least 18 federal investigations.

I’m sick and tired of a president who flouts norms of accountability by refusing to release his tax returns or place his business holdings in a blind trust.

I’m sick and tired of a president who lies outrageously and incessantly — an average of eight times a day — claiming recently that there are riots in California and that a bill that passed the Senate 98 to 1 had “very little Democrat support.”

I’m sick and tired of a president who can’t be bothered to work hard and instead prefers to spend his time watching Fox News and acting like a Twitter troll.

And I’m sick and tired of Republicans who go along with Trump — defending, abetting and imitating his egregious excesses.

I’m sick and tired of Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) acting like a caddie for the man he once denounced as a “kook” — just this week, Graham endorsed Trump’s call for rescinding “birthright citizenship,” a kooky idea if ever there was one.

I’m sick and tired of House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), who got his start in politics as a protege of the “bleeding-heart conservative” Jack Kemp, refusing to call out Trump’s race-baiting.

I’m sick and tired of Republicans who once complained about the federal debt adding $113 billion to the debt just in fiscal year 2018.

I’m sick and tired of Republicans who once championed free trade refusing to stop Trump as he launches trade wars with all of our major trade partners.

I’m sick and tired of Republicans who not only refuse to investigate Trump’s alleged ethical violations but who also help him to obstruct justice by maligning the FBI, the special counsel and the Justice Department.

Most of all, I’m sick and tired of Republicans who feel that Trump’s blatant bigotry gives them license to do the same — with Rep. Pete Olson (R-Tex.) denouncing his opponent as an “Indo-American carpetbagger,” Florida gubernatorial candidate Ron DeSantis warning voters not to “monkey this up” by electing his African American opponent, Rep. Duncan D. Hunter (R-Calif.) labeling his “Palestinian Mexican” opponent a “security risk” who is “working to infiltrate Congress,” and Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) accusing his opponent, who is of Indian Tibetan heritage, of “selling out Americans” because he once worked at a law firm that settled terrorism-related cases against Libya.

If you’re sick and tired, too, here is what you can do. Vote for Democrats on Tuesday. For every office. Regardless of who they are. And I say that as a former Republican. Some Republicans in suburban districts may claim they aren’t for Trump. Don’t believe them. Whatever their private qualms, no Republicans have consistently held Trump to account. They are too scared that doing so will hurt their chances of reelection. If you’re as sick and tired as I am of being sick and tired about what’s going on, vote against all Republicans. Every single one. That’s the only message they will understand.”
Max Boot

Think about it

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Nebe

Look at it as a courtesy flush.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-03-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Done. Did early voting today at town hall. Tough to get there early enough on Tuesday
Old 11-03-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

Let’s keep things moving forward and vote for the candidate and not the party.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Vote Early and Often
Old 11-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
“I am sick and tired of this administration. I’m sick and tired of what’s going on. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired, and I hope you are, too.”

— Joe Biden

I’m sick and tired, too.

I’m sick and tired of a president who pretends that a caravan of impoverished refugees is an “invasion” by “unknown Middle Easterners” and “bad thugs” — and whose followers on Fox News pretend the refugees are bringing leprosy and smallpox to the United States. (Smallpox was eliminated about 40 years ago.)

I’m sick and tired of a president who misuses his office to demagogue on immigration — by unnecessarily sending 5,200 troops to the border and by threatening to rescind by executive order the 14th Amendment guarantee of citizenship to anyone born in the United States.

I’m sick and tired of a president who is so self-absorbed that he thinks he is the real victim of mail-bomb attacks on his political opponents — and who, after visiting Pittsburgh despite being asked by local leaders to stay away, tweeted about how he was treated, not about the victims of the synagogue massacre.

I’m sick and tired of a president who cheers a congressman for his physical assault of a reporter, calls the press the “enemy of the people ” and won’t stop or apologize even after bombs were sent to CNN in the mail.

I’m sick and tired of a president who employs the language of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories about Jewish financier George Soros and “globalists,” and won’t apologize or retract even after what is believed to be the worst attack on Jews in US history.

I’m sick and tired of a president who won’t stop engaging in crazed partisanship, denouncing Democrats as “evil,” “un-American” and “treasonous” subversives who are in league with criminals.

I’m sick and tired of a president who cares so little about right-wing terrorism that, on the very day of the synagogue shooting, he proceeded with a campaign rally, telling his supporters, “Let’s have a good time.”

I’m sick and tired of a president who presides over one of the most unethical administrations in U.S. history — with three Cabinet members resigning for reported ethical infractions and the secretary of the interior the subject of at least 18 federal investigations.

I’m sick and tired of a president who flouts norms of accountability by refusing to release his tax returns or place his business holdings in a blind trust.

I’m sick and tired of a president who lies outrageously and incessantly — an average of eight times a day — claiming recently that there are riots in California and that a bill that passed the Senate 98 to 1 had “very little Democrat support.”

I’m sick and tired of a president who can’t be bothered to work hard and instead prefers to spend his time watching Fox News and acting like a Twitter troll.

And I’m sick and tired of Republicans who go along with Trump — defending, abetting and imitating his egregious excesses.

I’m sick and tired of Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) acting like a caddie for the man he once denounced as a “kook” — just this week, Graham endorsed Trump’s call for rescinding “birthright citizenship,” a kooky idea if ever there was one.

I’m sick and tired of House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), who got his start in politics as a protege of the “bleeding-heart conservative” Jack Kemp, refusing to call out Trump’s race-baiting.

I’m sick and tired of Republicans who once complained about the federal debt adding $113 billion to the debt just in fiscal year 2018.

I’m sick and tired of Republicans who once championed free trade refusing to stop Trump as he launches trade wars with all of our major trade partners.

I’m sick and tired of Republicans who not only refuse to investigate Trump’s alleged ethical violations but who also help him to obstruct justice by maligning the FBI, the special counsel and the Justice Department.

Most of all, I’m sick and tired of Republicans who feel that Trump’s blatant bigotry gives them license to do the same — with Rep. Pete Olson (R-Tex.) denouncing his opponent as an “Indo-American carpetbagger,” Florida gubernatorial candidate Ron DeSantis warning voters not to “monkey this up” by electing his African American opponent, Rep. Duncan D. Hunter (R-Calif.) labeling his “Palestinian Mexican” opponent a “security risk” who is “working to infiltrate Congress,” and Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) accusing his opponent, who is of Indian Tibetan heritage, of “selling out Americans” because he once worked at a law firm that settled terrorism-related cases against Libya.

If you’re sick and tired, too, here is what you can do. Vote for Democrats on Tuesday. For every office. Regardless of who they are. And I say that as a former Republican. Some Republicans in suburban districts may claim they aren’t for Trump. Don’t believe them. Whatever their private qualms, no Republicans have consistently held Trump to account. They are too scared that doing so will hurt their chances of reelection. If you’re as sick and tired as I am of being sick and tired about what’s going on, vote against all Republicans. Every single one. That’s the only message they will understand.”
Max Boot

Think about it
Sounds like Max Boot is really, really, really sick . . . and tired too. Doesn't sound good for his well-being. Sounds like he should seek some medical or psychiatric help.

Biden too . . . but sick and tired is normal for him.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:21 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Perhaps you suggest we would be better off following a Canadian cult leader
Have you defoo’d your family yet?
http://www.fdrliberated.com/the-day-...efan-molyneux/
Old 11-03-2018, 10:04 PM   #8
Cool Beans

Quote:

— Joe Biden

I’m sick and tired, too.

Max Boot

Think about it
Well said! I have been considering which liberal nutjob's vote I would cancel by voting straight republican.. I will be voting explicitly to cancel your vote with my vote. I really wanted to cancel Spence's vote but you have won the honor. When you vote, know that your vote does not count in any way, because, Pete, I am canceling your vote with mine.

Guys... could one of you please fill in and cancel Spence's vote since I will be unable to cancel it. Thanks You!

Last edited by Cool Beans; 11-03-2018 at 10:10 PM..
Old 11-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #9
scottw

bahhhhhh.....haaaaaaa

Democrats traumatized by 2016 are having pre-midterms nightmares
Despite forecasts of a Democratic House takeover, liberals grappling with 'PTSD' are braced for another surprise election disaster.

By BEN SCHRECKINGER 11/04/2018 06:50 AM EST

It’s enough to make Democrats nervous, miserable wrecks.

“We're kind of just in the bed-wetting phase now," said Democratic pollster John Anzalone,

A YouGov survey released Friday found that Democrats are 50 percent more likely than Republicans to report that they are “eating their feelings” ahead of the midterms.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...idterms-960458
Old 11-04-2018, 08:16 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump is scared
He knows what happens when he loses the house
Why do you think he is trying to terrify his base
Listen to some people here who are terrified of brown people coming to get them
Of course he doesn’t mention the debt, infrastructure, the effects of tariffs
https://youtu.be/yVT_eI6xdF0
Old 11-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #11
Nebe

Quote:
Trump is scared
He knows what happens when he loses the house
Why do you think he is trying to terrify his base
Listen to some people here who are terrified of brown people coming to get them
Of course he doesn’t mention the debt, infrastructure, the effects of tariffs
https://youtu.be/yVT_eI6xdF0
Or impeachment.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:09 AM   #12
scottw

pete sounds like one of the crazy people described in the politico article
Old 11-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Perhaps you suggest we would be better off following a Canadian cult leader

Where do you get that I suggest following anybody? Do you believe that agreeing with something that someone says is actually "following" him? That posting or referring to somebody's words or ideas is "following" him? Are you a follower of those you agree with or those you quote in a positive way? Are those you agree with cult leaders? Are you a member of the cult of those leaders?

Have you defoo’d your family yet?
http://www.fdrliberated.com/the-day-...efan-molyneux/
You previously said that Molyneux is alt-right? The video that you linked here shows him to be anything but alt-right. Was there anything in Stefan's video on birthright citizenship that was alt-right? No. Or in any of the few other Molyneux videos that I've posted? The videos, the actual "evidence," don't support your assertion. Rather than the evidence in front of you, you refer to what others, usually leftist or left leaning outlets, have "described" him to be.

Here, you're casting Molyneux as a cult leader. The content of the Rogan video you link here does not show him to be such. Rogan even specifically says, in your video, that Stefan is not a cult leader. There are insinuations on the internal links in your video that he is, but, again, they "describe" him as such, but the little and limited "evidence" they provide is conjectural. And, again, by leftists. Stefan has a huge audience of several thousand viewers the vast, vast number of who don't consider him a cult leader and who simply watch his videos because they promote a like minded philosophical view or open new philosophical vistas, as well as interesting commentary on current affairs.

For me, I don't find Stefan appealing on a personal level. I don't like his voice or his peculiar accent or his resorts to Shakspearian rants. Personally, he annoys me. But he produces some videos packed with information presented in a logical, precise, and understandable way. Those that I have posted here were like that, just easy ways of presenting a point of view that I didn't have to write up on my own.

In my opinion, those that label some as alt-right, or cult leaders, when they clearly are not, are attempting to marginalize, effectively shut down speech that is dangerous or "offensive" to them.

And, likewise, when those who resort to what others "describe" a person to be, rather than looking at the content of evidence in front of them (the video which is the subject being discussed), that implies the same need to discredit that evidence because it is dangerous or offensive to them.

Anyway, even if SM was those things you label him to be, that doesn't, for me, discount everything he says--certainly not the content of the videos I've posted. If, for you, lying about or mislabeling someone did negate everything else the mis-labelers says or have said, does that mean that you will not ever again believe anything that The Southern Poverty Law Center says?
Old 11-06-2018, 06:29 PM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Pete, I voted..... And Trump wasn't on the ballot.... But Elizabeth Warren was and I voted to get her condescending beotching azz out of representing me.

Question 1 I changed my yes vote to a no in the booth after I read the ridiculously low numbers per patient they proposed....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:25 PM   #15
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Thanks for voting Ross
I hope you voted against Healy also