Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Ironed

Gaddafi dead

Killed by NATO warplanes

Assassination...
Old 10-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Another disgusting display of human trash in this world.

The guy was alive. They assassinated him. There's a picture with a bullet wound next to his left eye online. US fired a drone at him first.

"US vice president Joe Biden has said Nato "got it right" in Libya. In the first official comment from the US government, Biden would not confirm Gaddafi had been killed, but said his outing was good for Libya."

#^&#^&#^&#^& Biden the guy has baloney in his head. Gadaffi ran one of the most successful countries in Africa. It had almost no unemployment.

I don't care what people had to say about the guy but nobody deserves that. He ran the country for them and brought them out of poverty. Yea the guy was a #^&#^&#^&#^& but he was an ally of the US too.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Got everything he deserved....

Pan Am Flight 103 from London to New York exploded over the small town of Lockerbie, Scotland. All 259 people on board were killed, along with 11 on the ground. According to the State Department's "Patterns of Global Terrorism, 1991," released in April 1992, the bombing of Pan Am 103 "was an action authorized by the Libyan Government."

On the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad in 1973, Gaddafi delivered a "Five-Point Address". He announced the suspension of all existing laws and the implementation of Sharia. He said that the country would be purged of the "politically sick". A "people's militia" would "protect the revolution". There would be an administrative revolution, and a cultural revolution. Gaddafi set up an extensive surveillance system. 10 to 20 percent of Libyans work in surveillance for the Revolutionary committees. The surveillance takes place in government, in factories, and in the education sector. Gaddafi executed dissidents publicly and the executions were often rebroadcast on state television channels. Gaddafi employed his network of diplomats and recruits to assassinate dozens of critical refugees around the world. Amnesty International listed at least 25 assassinations between 1980 and 1987.

Much of the country’s income from oil, which soared in the 1970s, was spent on arms purchases and on sponsoring dozens of paramilitaries and terrorist groups around the world.

But the Unemployment rate was good....so that makes him A-OK

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-20-2011 at 03:22 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Seriously Scott?

I would have prefered he stood trial, but give me a break....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Bryan I think a trial would be fitting of any.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

It's not ok to assassinate the guy.

That's 2 for the "Peace Prize Winner" isn't it?

now it's my turn to say gimme a break
Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
CTSurfrat

He certainly was a despicable human being who got what he deserved. Having said that, my concern is what will replace him...the devil you know.... Look at Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood is gaining power and Christians are being persecuted. This so called Arab Spring is going to be a dark rain cloud on humanity!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Raven

i think he should have died
extremely slow so he got off way to easy....

he was a MASS murderer Period
Old 10-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
basswipe

I'm pretty sure the family of Leon Klinghoffer begs to differ Scott.He was wheelchair bound and thrown over-board.Ally my ass he was a monster who HATED the US.

You got this wrong big time bro.Gaddafi got what he deserved.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

MAYBE HE DID

But no-one I saw authorized nato to assassinate him. This was in the news months ago when they started this bull#^&#^&#^&#^&. It turned into whack a mole with predators and stingers and once again O'bama playing God with England and France in tow.

I think he should have had a fair trial. Could he? Dunno.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
Nebe

you are ridiculous.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #12
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

thank you
Old 10-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
CTSurfrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
MAYBE HE DID

But no-one I saw authorized nato to assassinate him. This was in the news months ago when they started this bull#^&#^&#^&#^&. It turned into whack a mole with predators and stingers and once again O'bama playing God with England and France in tow.

I think he should have had a fair trial. Could he? Dunno.
We are NATO. Which in a worthless organization that we should stop funding.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #14
basswipe

I guess that must mean Bin Laden was assassinated too?
Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

What I said is true. NATO was authorized to help the rebels in air strikes. It quickly turned into outright assassination attempts on him. Go back and look at the Chronology. I'm sure it's still all online.

He's probably on his way to the USS Vincenze or whatever right now.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #16
basswipe

Quote:
What I said is true. NATO was authorized to help the rebels in air strikes. It quickly turned into outright assassination attempts on him. Go back and look at the Chronology. I'm sure it's still all online.

He's probably on his way to the USS Vincenze or whatever right now.
I'm sure its still all online.I believe everything I see/read online.Al Jazeera must be right......C'mon man.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #17
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

As a matter of fact yes he was?

How can you say 3 choppers full of special forces isn't an assassination. What difference does it make if it's a team of seals or James Bond. It's assassination. They killed him. He should have been taken alive. That's the LAW. It was reported he was alive when they found him. It was reported he didn't have a gun nearby...but most of that stuff got blacked out real quick didn't it. You'll never know. Wheres the helmet cam video....

I don't know why you guys think i'm off my rocker for advocating that the guy should have had a fair trial. OBL too! If he's found guilty by a board of his peers then go at him.

Don't kill the guy cuz he doesn't fit your political taste/agenda. Like I said as bad as people make him out to be he ruled the country and brought it out of poverty. He made it the wealthiest country in
Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
I guess that must mean Bin Laden was assassinated too?
Old 10-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #18
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Norman it was widely reported news here in multiple places. WATCH THIS VIDEO AND LISTEN. Putin is not a dumb man.

Gaddafi To NATO: 'You Cannot Kill Me'

Gaddafi: Barakeh Obama is friend - Israel News, Ynetnews

READ THE DATES

Quote:
I'm sure its still all online.I believe everything I see/read online.Al Jazeera must be right......C'mon man.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
basswipe

Quote:
As a matter of fact yes he was?

How can you say 3 choppers full of special forces isn't an assassination. What difference does it make if it's a team of seals or James Bond. It's assassination. They killed him. He should have been taken alive. That's the LAW. It was reported he was alive when they found him. It was reported he didn't have a gun nearby...but most of that stuff got blacked out real quick didn't it. You'll never know. Wheres the helmet cam video....

I don't know why you guys think i'm off my rocker for advocating that the guy should have had a fair trial. OBL too! If he's found guilty by a board of his peers then go at him.

Don't kill the guy cuz he doesn't fit your political taste/agenda. Like I said as bad as people make him out to be he ruled the country and brought it out of poverty. He made it the wealthiest country in
Africa.
If you think Bin Laden deserved anything but a bullet to his head you are off your rocker,border line insane would be my opinion.

Don't kill the guy cuz he doesn't fit your political taste/agenda you say?Lets get in the Way-Back machine and go to 1945 and give Hitler a fair trial.

Next on the list should be Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying anymore here as this thread is ridiculous.

Last edited by basswipe; 10-20-2011 at 06:03 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #20
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Norman you asked. Are you saying it was not an assassination?

You yourself just said they put a bullet in his head. Go watch the video I just posted above. Putin says exactly what I'm saying here.

If it wasn't an assassination then please tell me what it is/was.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #21
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Hitler could be playing poker with OBL for all you and I know right now.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #22
Redsoxticket

This thread deserves a RHN hijack.
Two peas in a pod.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #23
basswipe

Quote:
Norman you asked. Are you saying it was not an assassination?

You yourself just said they put a bullet in his head. Go watch the video I just posted above. Putin says exactly what I'm saying here.

If it wasn't an assassination then please tell me what it is/was.
I lied I'll answer one more time in this thread.

It was not an assassination it was JUSTICE for 3500 people killed on 9/11.JUSTICE for the Klinghoffer family and hopefully a lot more JUSTICE is coming in the future.

When did you start agreeing with a former(?) communist Russian leader?

Scott you really are burying yourself in this thread.If you were running for president you'd pretty much get zero votes other that those from Muslims and a few other wing-nuts.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #24
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

RST please don't compare me to him. I do stuff above board. He doesn't it's all out the backdoor of a tackle shop. Can't stand the guy. Please start another thread this is about Gaddafi not RHM

Norman Ok that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I'm stating mine. And the view of a very smart guy commy or not I saw that after I said what I did here.

My opinion is based on International law. It's also based on being a Christian also. Like I said earlier I don't disagree that the guy may have been pondscum but I didn't see any authorization anywhere for Obama, England, & France to play Judge Jury & Executioner.....did you?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #25
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I'm off for an hour of tv and to take my lithium, thorazine, arsenic, selenium, and sevin then beauty sleep

Love you Norm

Nebe I love you too
Old 10-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #26
Redsoxticket

Having read more into Saltys posts he does have a valid opinion on the surface. Countries will not trust US fearing that their leaders can be assassinated. Also this could set an example for other countries to do the same to other countries.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #27
Raven

Arrow but Scott

when you are responsible for killing 1000's of people international Law no longer applies... it is then MUTE and Invalid
(and irrelevant)

assassination isn't the right term either........because....

it's an act of WAR on a regime that turned into a evil empire
torturing people just for the hell of it... for 40 years

that is what makes it OK to take him out at any cost
to liberate a whole society... because it went on for 40 years

do you think the Pakistani's would have Hung Bin Laden
no friggan way....and had we informed them of our plan they would of snatched him off to safety.

Putin can go back to looking at his reflection in his Mirror mirror on the wall.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
Chesapeake Bill

Scott,

I'm with you. If Saddam can get a trial before he was hung these guys shoudl have had a similar opportunity. In the end we demonstrate what we profess (even if the result is the same). At least we practice what we preach. I never read your posts to provde any support for them...only that we act responsibly instead of like our typical lynch mob selves...I'm with you.

I'll offer to pull the lever on the gallows as soon as the trial is over (i'd offer before knowing what the outcome will be).
Old 10-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #29
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the family of Leon Klinghoffer begs to differ Scott.He was wheelchair bound and thrown over-board.Ally my ass he was a monster who HATED the US.

You got this wrong big time bro.Gaddafi got what he deserved.
Leon Klinghoffer was killed by Palestinian militants / Abbu Abbas.

Gaddafi did Pan Am 103, the Berlin nigh club La Belle, which killed several US military personell, and various other levels from terrorism to support of other terrorists (IRA, RAF, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
Having read more into Saltys posts he does have a valid opinion on the surface. Countries will not trust US fearing that their leaders can be assassinated. Also this could set an example for other countries to do the same to other countries.
Countries will not trust the US because on one hand we chum up to some of the #^&#^&#^&#^&tators (Mubarak, and Colonel K for example), before we see which way the wind is blowing and call for their ouster. You can be pretty sure the Saudi's are not very trusting of our relationships these days. Assassination attempts that don't pass the smell test or not.

I really don't think the Arabs can handle any level of democracy and self determination. I truly hope they can but i have big doubts.

Bin Laden? Do it all over 3 thousand times. He was certainly an enemy combatant.

Al-Awaki ? That's the only one I really have a problem with as a group of people decided it was OK to kill an American Citizen. No trial in absentia. A group of White House lawyers.

As for Colonel K. Good riddance. Would have much prefered at the end of a trial a la Saddam but we weren't the lead on this. As we were leading from behind on this one.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-21-2011, 03:57 AM   #30
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Now WHO was it that SCOFFED at my comment on not fitting their political agenda...

THIS MORNINGS HEADLINES.................................. AS IN WHILE I WAS GETTING MY BEAUTY SLEEP (DID IT WORK?)

Lemme save you a click of your mouse.......

"Obama hails death of Muammar Gaddafi as foreign policy success"

"President warns other Middle Eastern dictators, particularly Syrian president Bashar al-Assad, that they could be next"

"Vice-president Joe Biden described the military model as a "prescription" for the future, while White House spokesman Jay Carney, when asked about Syria, said Assad had lost his legitimacy to rule."

Obama hails death of Muammar Gaddafi as foreign policy success | World news | guardian.co.uk

I rest my case.

A PRESCRIPTION for the future....

These TWO bumbling jackasses need to go.