Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
MotoXcowboy

Denver Airport

I've never been there. Whats up with the murals and symbolism?

I hear theres a bunker underground too.

Sinister Sites - The Denver International Airport | The Vigilant Citizen

Martial Law Drill Commences as Economy Begins Descent Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Old 11-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
Chesapeake Bill

LOL...the comedian Woody Allen once said, "You don't have to be paranoid when you know they are out to get you."

The airport was built on land sold by the family of then Mayor of Denver Federico Pena (Who then became the Secretary of DOT). It was supposed to be a multi-modal hub with trains, buses, trucks, and light rail all connecting there. That never happened and now you stand outside in blizzard conditions waiting for the rental car buses...

I guess you can make anything you want from the murals. Remember, it is Denver...a place once inhabited by native indians of different tribes.

The New World Airport Commission did exist. It was part of the Department of Transportation's move to redesign airports as modally connected hubs of transportation instead of standalone locations in the middle of nowhere. Atlanta was another one build in that same timeframe. They are the ones where you have to take a tram or sixteen different escalators to get from the main area to the gates...it never really worked out well in my opinion...
Old 11-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Martin Marietta being on that marker can only mean one thing.

THE FRENCH ARE COMING!
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

I love some of their "facts" like the 5300 miles of fiber optics is more than "the entire US" (which actually around 80 million miles, not 3000.)

Mmmmm brie

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

The company my brother-in-law runs actually did all that cable and router work there. It was a nightmare. The hardest part was straightening out the baggage transport propblem at the time. You can still get to car rental underground there, no. I have twice. It was pretty easy. The first time through there I was amazed at all the Brazilians working there. Last time I landed there we had to change planes. Nose of the plane had to be set down hard because of the cross-wind and it bent the front wheel strut. Very interesting state.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman