Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
Jim in CT

good night for democrats

no doubt was a good night for democrats nationally, without question. Kansas elected a democrat governor in a landslide.

CT went more blue, giving the democrats a larger share of the legislature. Which is kind of like buying Enron stock on the way down. Tolls are coming. We decided our take home pay was excessive and that we had too many teachers in public schools. Massive, massive tax hikes coming.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well, when I woke up this morning and saw the results, I dropped down on my knees in front of my house and Sky-Screamed "Why, Why" for 20 minutes , then I went to work and made sure I let everybody who voted Democrat know "That's NOT MY House of Representatives" over and over again, then I went home sick.

Now I just need somebody to recommend a good family owned business near the State House that I can go to so I can throw these real Sweet Bricks, that I brought from home, through their windows.

LOL, actually I got up, went to work, made coffee and am Adulting like normal.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Nebe

I wish ted Cruz got flushed. I hate that prick.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
Cool Beans

I'm just happy that we picked up seats in the Senate. Pretending to legislate by doing nothing does not impress me at all, but confirming judges does work for me. It will be business as usual for the House... we just wash and repeat the same crap every election. You can't blame either side for not doing a damn thing now, because each can blame the other.... Except the House has nothing to do with affirming judges and Presidential appointees, it's all the Senate and it looks like it may end up 54/46 or 55/45 so that will go much smoother for the next 2 years.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I wish ted Cruz got flushed. I hate that prick.
I thought Grandpa Munster's acceptance speech was actually somewhat inclusive. We will see what his actions are.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I thought Grandpa Munster's acceptance speech was actually somewhat inclusive. We will see what his actions are.
He has no spine, he will just ride the breeze back to crazy town

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
He has no spine, he will just ride the breeze back to crazy town
He almost lost to a guy campaigning on pretty liberal issues for Texas, he can't afford to alienate too many constituents.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
He almost lost to a guy campaigning on pretty liberal issues for Texas, he can't afford to alienate too many constituents.
riding the most expensive skateboard in campaign history and enjoying god status from the media and celebritydum
Old 11-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
riding the most expensive skateboard in campaign history and enjoying god status from the media and celebritydum
Pretty hard to beat an incumbent Senator, now add in past Presidential candidate.
I assume O'Rourke was not pushed on Fox and nobody in the USA has more media presence than Trump.
O'Rourke did very well in that race and Cruz doesn't want to go thru that again.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Pretty hard to beat an incumbent Senator,
tell that to the ones that voted against Kavanaugh
Old 11-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #11
Cool Beans

Quote:
Old 11-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Next time Trump will be running himself, not campaigning for others 80+ times and still seats are in play.
Not quite as easy and who knows what else will happen in the next two years.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I thought tester voted no

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #14
Cool Beans

Is Montana one of those states that have a run off election on Dec 4th if neither candidate has 50%? because right now neither do.....
Old 11-07-2018, 09:18 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Is Montana one of those states that have a run off election on Dec 4th if neither candidate has 50%? because right now neither do.....
Actually he does. He won.

Anyone watch Trump’s press conference today? He’s freaking out. Just keeps getting lower and lower. I really hope he’s not making any foreign policy decisions in the near future.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:10 PM   #16
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Anyone watch Trump’s press conference today? He’s freaking out. Just keeps getting lower and lower. I really hope he’s not making any foreign policy decisions in the near future.
You were OK with him making them in the past?

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:18 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
You were OK with him making them in the past?
Good point. I do think it’s going to get a lot worse.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:12 AM   #18
scottw

great night for this democrat!!! sounds like Rhode Island

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A re-election celebration is underway in Pod 2 of the Montgomery County Jail after inmate number 232573 claimed victory in Texas House District 27. That inmate is known as Rep. Ron Reynolds, D-Missouri City, to the people on the outside.

Reynolds was unopposed in the race for District 27 and the latest vote totals show Reynolds garnered 47,305 votes in Tuesday's election.

Reynolds was booked into the county jail on Sept. 7.

After the 2015 conviction, a county judge handed down the jail sentence to the sitting lawmaker, but Reynolds spent the last three years appealing the conviction. Reynolds’ law license was suspended on May 2, 2016
Old 11-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #19
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
great night for this democrat!!! sounds like Rhode Island

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A re-election celebration is underway in Pod 2 of the Montgomery County Jail after inmate number 232573 claimed victory in Texas House District 27. That inmate is known as Rep. Ron Reynolds, D-Missouri City, to the people on the outside.

Reynolds was unopposed in the race for District 27 and the latest vote totals show Reynolds garnered 47,305 votes in Tuesday's election.

Reynolds was booked into the county jail on Sept. 7.

After the 2015 conviction, a county judge handed down the jail sentence to the sitting lawmaker, but Reynolds spent the last three years appealing the conviction. Reynolds’ law license was suspended on May 2, 2016
And in some red districts, it was what, two Rep's under indictment and a dead pimp elected?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #20
Sea Dangles

Just when the democrats gain some ground they celebrate by surrounding the home of a Fox News correspondent which was inhabited only by his wife and 4 children. Just more of the the Antifa warriors looking for justice for their party I guess. His wife locked herself in a room while security picked up talk of a pipe bomb.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
And in some red districts, it was what, two Rep's under indictment and a dead pimp elected?
so no one "actually" in jail...
Old 11-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
that could be read as they were the better option

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-08-2018, 08:44 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
that could be read as they were the better option
I bet a lot a dead democrats voted for the dead brothel owner after he got endorsements from from bubba clinton and teddy k
Old 11-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Just when the democrats gain some ground they celebrate by surrounding the home of a Fox News correspondent which was inhabited only by his wife and 4 children. Just more of the the Antifa warriors looking for justice for their party I guess. His wife locked herself in a room while security picked up talk of a pipe bomb.

It's pathetic and SO stupid. I'm going to show everyone how opposed I am to fascism, by threatening to murder a TV host who has different opinions!

Tucker Carlson? Have you ever seen his show? He could not be more courteous or gracious to his liberal guests. How does he threaten anybody? He's as harmless as it gets. He's not Ann Coulter or Michael Savage.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #25
Jim in CT

The democrats also picked up 7 GOP-held governorships. That's a big number.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

You're talking about the way he slapped Acosta around? I loved it. I criticize Trump all the time, but I loved this. It was glorious. It was exactly what Acosta had coming.

Acosta pretends to be a reporter, but constantly argues with Sanders and Trump. That's not reporting.

Costa tells Trump that the caravan isn't an "invasion" because they're still not here? Since when does proximity determine whether or not a group is invading or not? When the Nazis went into Poland, were they not invaders as they were approaching? isn't it the intent of the group that determines whether or not it's an invasion, rather than proximity?

Then Acosta criticized Trump for showing video od people ein the caravan throwing rocks and scaling walls, and Trump said "that's what happened, that's what they did, do you think they were actors?" Naturally, instead of answering, Acosts the weasel moved on to his next attack.

And the best part? When Trump was at his most angry, he brought up the way Acosta treats Sarah Sanders. I loved that loyalty, because it had to be genuine, because Trump was too angry to have been able to fake anything.

And that's what I'm trying to say, I loved the naked sheer authenticity of his loyalty to his press secretary. Acosta is a liberal weasel at a failing network, nothing more.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #27
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
I see now that the Dems have a win by one Rep. , that now we will see civility. What? Oh I guess NOT.

Wasn't this predicted by Trump?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/1927868002/

So they are chanting at a house "racist scumbag leave town". First of all Carlson is not a racist. The ones chanting screaming and damaging private property are the racists. This is a whole lot different than confronting him at a restaurant as it is where his family live. It is not acceptable by any means whatsoever even if some far right group did this to someone.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Were the people in the synagogue at fault in any way? An extremist attacked them with much worse results.
Now you guys are equating Central American refugees or migrants with Nazis?
It’s okay if you do that?
Old 11-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
Antifa is in no way associated with the Democratic Party and in fact Democratic leaders have publicly denounced them. What a striking contrast to Trump rolling out the red carpet for white supremacists to be a part of the Republican Party. And therein lies the vast moral divide difference between today’s Democratic and Republican parties.

The right’s goal in creating this false moral and political equivalency is one thing and one thing only: It’s being done to give Trump supporters a talking point to pivot to when people raise the issue of white supremacists openly supporting Trump’s GOP. They can say, “But what about antifa?”—which replaces “but what about Hillary,” which replaces “but what about Obama,” etc.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-ha...antifa-problem
Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #30
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The democrats also picked up 7 GOP-held governorships. That's a big number.
Maybe 8 and you forgot the 333 local seats flipped.