Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-19-2016, 04:16 PM   #31
basswipe

Quote:
"Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"
Really?How many people here actually know what the Armenian Genocide really is?And please don't quote any revisionist bullsh!t history if you think you know.

2.5 million people were murdered by muslims because they themselves were not,simple.

We ARE repeating history and a hell of a lot more than 2.5 million will die at the hands of a bunch of religious fanatics.

As far as the "student" goes........screw him,better safe than sorry.Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev was a "student",how did that turn out?
Old 04-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yes, after telling his uncle about his event with the UN Secretary General he mentioned he'd call back after they landed.

But he said it in Arabic.

Guy should be in GITMO if you ask me.
If he has a case, he should sue. Big bucks available. Could even get Obama's AG involved. Government could put a billion dollar, or so, fine against another greedy big business on top of millions for the Muslim. A good chance to show us who the real terrorists are--those greedy, blood-s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g, money grubbing, racist, anti-American values, capitalist Wall Street pigs.

Power to the People!!

Oh wait . . . you guys are, like, not blaming the airline. Your saying it's the rest of us haters and bigots for stirring up fear. Creating a climate of hate. It is we the American bigots who are the real terrorists. It is us who should be in Gitmo.

Power to the RIGHT people . . . to the Muslims, to the immigrants, to the oppressed minorities. Down with immigration laws. This country belongs to them as much as to anybody else. Down with the outdated Constitution written by old white men who had slaves.

It's time for us privileged white folks to quit making the rest of the world afraid of us. The rest of the world awaits our tired, our poor, our huddled masses yearning to breathe the freedom of their cultures and their countries.

Oh . . . wait . . . we're not really welcomed into their cultures and countries unless we spend money there, then leave. It's them who are coming here . . . permanently, and for most, on our dime. Damn! We're just not as tolerant and understanding as they are.

Yeah, the poor Muslim guy should sue for the great damages done to his dignity.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #33
Sea Dangles

I just hope that there were no feelings hurt and he comes back soon.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Jim and buckman. Comparing people to dogs and food.
Another liberal who doesn't have the courage to answer.

I did not compare people to food. I posed a hypothetical trying to figure out what your tolerance would be, to exposing yourself or someone you love, to a 1% chance of death. We all know you wouldn't eat one chocolate, yet if any conservative expresses concern about the fact that 1% of Muslims want to kill us, you say that person is a fear monger. What's the difference, exactly, Nebe?
Old 04-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Another liberal who doesn't have the courage to answer.

I did not compare people to food. I posed a hypothetical trying to figure out what your tolerance would be, to exposing yourself or someone you love, to a 1% chance of death. We all know you wouldn't eat one chocolate, yet if any conservative expresses concern about the fact that 1% of Muslims want to kill us, you say that person is a fear monger. What's the difference, exactly, Nebe?
I like how Jim, a self described actuarial, just makes up statistics. Well, he did take a religious studies class in college

Nebe, your chances of being killed by a black person or death by car accident are much higher than being killed by an Islamic Extremist. Considering there are about 45 million black people in this country and 256 million registered vehicles how do you get out of bed?
Old 04-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Nebe, your chances of being killed by a black person or death by car accident are much higher than being killed by an Islamic Extremist. Considering there are about 45 million black people in this country and 256 million registered vehicles how do you get out of bed?
To be fair, Obama is working on trying to equalize those stats in 10,000 or 100,000 batches. Your chances of being killed by a Muslim, after enough are immigrated and propagate like bunnies (and they don't believe in abortion), will, in a generation or two, be more properly represented. We've got to transform this country into a more representative balance of death threats. After all, there aren't enough ways of being killed now. Unortunately, a good portion of the Muslim women won't be allowed by their religion to drive, so the double whammy of being killed by a Muslim and a car at the same time will be a bit less than it should be. Can't have everything.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:44 PM   #37
detbuch

Hey, Dangles . . . I think this is turning into the kind of thread you like. Heh, heh
Old 04-19-2016, 09:00 PM   #38
Nebe

Your chances of getting killed in a terrorist attack on US soil is about as slim as winning powerball. You have a much better chance of death by driving a car, getting hit by lightning, a shark attack or by your own stupidity in general.

You guys need to grow some balls
Old 04-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
I like how Jim, a self described actuarial, just makes up statistics. Well, he did take a religious studies class in college

Yes Spence. Any data I post that you don't happen to like, is made up. Out of curiosity, what% of the world's 2 billion Muslims, do you suppose support the jihadists?

Mohammed was a conqueror and a slave trader. I don't think that's disputed by anyone who is taken seriously.

"Nebe, your chances of being killed by a black person or death by car accident are much higher than being killed by an Islamic Extremist"

That's also likely true, for now. But it doesn't disprove anything I ever said.

One link I found. Is Pew considered very biased? I don't know...

http://moralcompassblog.com/2013/05/03/pew/

I will wait for you to tell me what % of Muslims you think support jihadists. Can't wait.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:38 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your chances of getting killed in a terrorist attack on US soil is about as slim as winning powerball. You have a much better chance of death by driving a car, getting hit by lightning, a shark attack or by your own stupidity in general.

Have 3,000 people won Powerball since 9/11?

"You have a much better chance of death by driving a car" True, which is why there are all kinds of limitations on what kind of car you can drive.

"a shark attack "

I think far more people are killed by jihdists than sharks, Nebe...

No one has ever said that death by jihadst is a common cause of death. So I have no idea what point you and Spence are trying to disprove. One person killed by jihad, though, is too many. And jihadists, unlike cars or lightning, are able to plot ways to kill us, it's not random chance, Correct? A car doesn't sit in your driveway scheming to kill you. So to me, it's common sense to take that into account. If you disagree, I think that says a lot more about you than it does about me.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:

Oh, good. So long as the terrorists stay on all the other soils on which they are killing folks at a far better rate than being hit by lightning, were OK. Ummm . . . but aren't we inviting many thousands of folks from those bad soils over here. Oh that's OK. So the rate may gradually rise. We can just grow some balls, and all will be well.

What's the good of balls if you're blind?
Old 04-20-2016, 04:16 AM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This thread seems to have fizzled into a slapshtick comedy of errors and misunderstandings resolving into the joke of being afraid of some fear of "something we are not far from . . ."

Much ado about nothing in the large picture of whatever.
you have a very myopic view of the the larger picture ...
Old 04-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #43
PaulS

Next time I sit next to an overweight person on a flight, they better be prepared to take the next flight.

"Steward, I think I heard this person saying soming in Arabic and I'm afraid"
Old 04-20-2016, 08:16 AM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you have a very myopic view of the the larger picture ...
So you really think that there is going to be a surge of passengers being removed from commercial airplanes because they spoke in Arabic? That's the larger picture that I'm viewing myopically? I wonder how many people have been asked to leave a plane for other reasons, but we didn't hear about them.

This is not complicated. If the Muslim's rights have been denied, he can sue the airline. He would have no difficulty in finding a lawyer to take up his case. If he has a case.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Next time I sit next to an overweight person on a flight, they better be prepared to take the next flight.

"Steward, I think I heard this person saying soming in Arabic and I'm afraid"
They don't automatically kick people off for those kind of alerts. But it would be convenient to play that card at certain times!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #46
wdmso

[QUOTE=detbuch;1099168]So you really think that there is going to be a surge of passengers being removed from commercial airplanes because they spoke in Arabic? Never suggested that only that if you look middle eastern you might be better off staying at home That's the larger picture that I'm viewing myopically? I wonder how many people have been asked to leave a plane for other reasons, but we didn't hear about them.

This is not complicated. If the Muslim's rights have been denied, he can sue the airline. He would have no difficulty in finding a lawyer to take up his case. If he has a case. in that light you must feel the Airline acted reasonable and he can sue and everything is all better? I get it /QUOTE]
Old 04-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #47
detbuch

[QUOTE=wdmso;1099203]
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So you really think that there is going to be a surge of passengers being removed from commercial airplanes because they spoke in Arabic? Never suggested that only that if you look middle eastern you might be better off staying at home That's the larger picture that I'm viewing myopically? I wonder how many people have been asked to leave a plane for other reasons, but we didn't hear about them.

So the larger picture that I'm viewing myopically is that those who look Middle Eastern may come to the conclusion they would be better off staying home because one of them was asked to leave the plane allegedly for saying something threatening? Have all the Middle Eastern looking folks who had reservations since this incident cancelled their flights? Have all those who were planning to fly decided not to? Maybe you can post another article telling us about this sudden drop in passengers who look Middle Eastern.

This is not complicated. If the Muslim's rights have been denied, he can sue the airline. He would have no difficulty in finding a lawyer to take up his case. If he has a case. in that light you must feel the Airline acted reasonable and he can sue and everything is all better? I get it /QUOTE]
I don't know if the airline acted reasonably. It made a claim about threatening sounding verbiage, which has neither been substantiated, nor disproved. If they were unreasonable, I hope that is established and reasonable recompense is issued. In the light of your response, you must feel the airline acted unreasonably. Are you just "feeling" that, or do you actually know?
Old 04-20-2016, 07:39 PM   #48
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yes Spence. Any data I post that you don't happen to like, is made up. Out of curiosity, what% of the world's 2 billion Muslims, do you suppose support the jihadists?
Yes, you just make stuff up you don't really understand. If there were really 20 million sociopaths (definition: a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience) driven to religious violence we'd have a much bigger problem than we do.

I like how your link above cites an even bigger number though. I quote "Shedding Blood For Allah: Pew Study Says More Than 350 Million Muslims Support Violent Jihad" when the Pew study says no such thing.

Perhaps should have had a pause when you read the site's own description "Using mostly news reports, Moral Compass pokes fun at the delusional claims by people of faith that belief in God equips them with superior moral standards."

That sounds credible to me.

I'd say your comprehension of Jihad or even global Islamic affairs struggles to keep pace with Donald Trump.

Quote:
Mohammed was a conqueror and a slave trader. I don't think that's disputed by anyone who is taken seriously.
Is this that much different than the founders of our Nation who conquered Native Americans and engaged the trade of African Slaves for over a century?

Do you think that in the medieval sectarian world in which Mohammed lived if you weren't conquering you would be the conquered? You learned that in your religious studies 101 class right?
Old 04-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Is this that much different than the founders of our Nation who conquered Native Americans and engaged the trade of African Slaves for over a century?

Yes, it's quite different. The "Native Americans" were conquered by the people whom the Founders revolted against. By the time the Founders were born, most of them were "native" to America. And the conquered "Native Americans" you referred to were conquering each other before they were conquered by various Europeans. And those conquered "Native Americans" didn't consider themselves to be "American."

And the Founders created a deadline for the ending of the Slave trade. And that Slave trade was "inherited" (a term you like to use to excuse Obama of various culpabilities) by the Founders and most of them knew and professed that it was a savagery that needed to be extinguished. And the Founder's Declaration of Independence specifically stated that all men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And that the people would institute their own government. And that government would derive its just powers from the consent of the people who created that government. And that when that government became destructive of those ends, the people had a right to alter or abolish that government.

And the American Founders did not believe in conquering other nations and forcing them to pay tribute or convert to Americanism.

And the American Founders did and said these things contrary to the ways of the world at that time. They didn't institute just another version of the same old tyrannies that ruled the rest of the world. They created something unique to their time.

Do you think that in the medieval sectarian world in which Mohammed lived if you weren't conquering you would be the conquered? You learned that in your religious studies 101 class right?
Unlike the American Founders, The Founder of Islam, was an active believer in conquest and the enforced conversion or collection of tribute. And he directed that Muslims could enslave and that it was good and righteous to do so. And Muslims were more active in the African slave trade than others, as well as making slaves of Europeans and other non-Muslim Middle Easterners. And they were more brutal about it. And Muhammad did not make a provision for ever ending slavery. The conquest, slavery, brutality, imposed by Muslims on the rest of the world continued many generations after the Founder of Islam had gone to his virgins in the sky. Though it has diminished in recent times, a slave trade still exists in Islam.

And the Founder of Islam made no declaration of equality of all men. He did not proclaim that everyone had unalienable rights. And he did not allow that people could institute their own governments, nor that the government that Muhammad created would operate by consent of the people. He did not allow that there were any reasons or rights that Muslims could have to alter or abolish Islam. He, unlike the American founders, created his own version of the tyrannies of his time.

It wasn't because Muhammad's time was just so immersed in tyranny and conquest and slavery and brutality that he couldn't escape the norm and create something more egalitarian, loving, accepting. Christianity emerged in the midst of as brutal times six centuries before Islam.

And therein is the difficulty of reforming Islam. Its Founder's actions and decrees are the opposite of the fundamental transformation required to make Islam a partner with present day religions and governments. Christ, as a model for Christianity, can still fully be embraced. Muhammad, to make Islam up to date, would have to be eliminated or recast as someone else. Or just quietly be ignored.

And, unlike Islam, America's Founders can still be looked to as models for how to govern.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-20-2016 at 09:56 PM..
Old 04-23-2016, 04:54 AM   #50
scottw

[QUOTE=detbuch;1099216]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

I don't know if the airline acted reasonably. It made a claim about threatening sounding verbiage, which has neither been substantiated, nor disproved. If they were unreasonable, I hope that is established and reasonable recompense is issued. In the light of your response, you must feel the airline acted unreasonably. Are you just "feeling" that, or do you actually know?
apparently one guy getting kicked off a plane is a disturbing trending vector....and probably a crisis

on the other hand....we hardly ever hear of terrorist attacks , especially involving planes sooo....pretending it's a problem is really silly